• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if any of you guys play(ed) Dragon Quest but one thing that they did gives me an idea of how Game Freak may possibly handle the Kanto remake situation.

The first two games of Dragon Quest were very small in terms of playthrough length. So when they were remade, the two games were merged into one cartridge and each game had their own save file.

So I thought maybe Game Freak can possibly do the same thing with Kanto and Johto. The games are remade but the remakes are released into one cartridge where there is a Kanto save file and a Johto save file.

Now don't get me wrong. This is a horrible idea, I know, with several flaws. I don't want this to happen either. I would rather experience a completely beefed-up Kanto adventure (with possibly a bigger post-game storyline than was present in FRLG) and a Johto re-remake that can stand on its own in a cartridge. But I posted that idea to throw out the possibility that this may happen. Because let's face it: Kanto re-remakes are happening.
The Delta Episode in ORAS indicated that there is a separate universe where Mega Evolutions exist from the one where Mega Evolutions don't exist (the non-Mega Evolution universe being RSE. FRLG, DPPt, HGSS & BWB2W2). Based off of that, there is a strong calling for another Kanto remake because, after all, just because the ancient war that was the cause of Mega Evolution's existence happened doesn't mean that the events of Kanto never happened. Same goes for Johto, Sinnoh and Unova.
Even if it's not a game on its own, a re-remake of Kanto is going to happen in some form.

Pokemon origins is likely the megaverse remakes though. I'M gonna be a broken record at this point and thats a rarity. But its the truth. When ORAS revealed the multiverses, that is when I became convinced. To go through 5 differrenr gens, and 2 of them retreads of retreads, is too big of an undertaking and a chore, no matter how much bank they would make, and origins is a fime solution. I am willing to bet GS Origins is coming some time next year as well, or at least with the start of gen 7.

That's been my thought as well ever since Origins debuted. I think new games in old regions are definitely a possibility, but they're not going to retread games they've already remade once. Gen IV and V will likely get Megaverse remakes down the line, but GSC will probably just get an anime special like Red and Green to slot it into that continuity.

I don't know if any of you guys play(ed) Dragon Quest but one thing that they did gives me an idea of how Game Freak may possibly handle the Kanto remake situation.

The first two games of Dragon Quest were very small in terms of playthrough length. So when they were remade, the two games were merged into one cartridge and each game had their own save file.

So I thought maybe Game Freak can possibly do the same thing with Kanto and Johto. The games are remade but the remakes are released into one cartridge where there is a Kanto save file and a Johto save file.

Now don't get me wrong. This is a horrible idea, I know, with several flaws. I don't want this to happen either. I would rather experience a completely beefed-up Kanto adventure (with possibly a bigger post-game storyline than was present in FRLG) and a Johto re-remake that can stand on its own in a cartridge. But I posted that idea to throw out the possibility that this may happen. Because let's face it: Kanto re-remakes are happening.
The Delta Episode in ORAS indicated that there is a separate universe where Mega Evolutions exist from the one where Mega Evolutions don't exist (the non-Mega Evolution universe being RSE. FRLG, DPPt, HGSS & BWB2W2). Based off of that, there is a strong calling for another Kanto remake because, after all, just because the ancient war that was the cause of Mega Evolution's existence happened doesn't mean that the events of Kanto never happened. Same goes for Johto, Sinnoh and Unova.
Even if it's not a game on its own, a re-remake of Kanto is going to happen in some form.

Pokemon origins is likely the megaverse remakes though. I'M gonna be a broken record at this point and thats a rarity. But its the truth. When ORAS revealed the multiverses, that is when I became convinced. To go through 5 differrenr gens, and 2 of them retreads of retreads, is too big of an undertaking and a chore, no matter how much bank they would make, and origins is a fime solution. I am willing to bet GS Origins is coming some time next year as well, or at least with the start of gen 7.

That's been my thought as well ever since Origins debuted. I think new games in old regions are definitely a possibility, but they're not going to retread games they've already remade once. Gen IV and V will likely get Megaverse remakes down the line, but GSC will probably just get an anime special like Red and Green to slot it into that continuity.

The only question is... Kris? Or Lyra? And will it be as underwhelming and short as the Kanto Origins?

Considering how close Origins was to the original RBG rather then FRLG, I'd imagine that they'd go with Kris over Lyra in that case. As for its length, it does has a bit more to focus on (Lugia/Ho-oh, Neo Team Rocket [Lake of Rage, Radio Tower], Pokemon League, Kanto, Red, maybe the Legendary Beasts) to justify a longer length, though I imagine that it still wouldn't be that substantial.

So I don't really pop in here much, but I checked this thread out because I was bored.

Maybe Pokken will be the 20th anniversary game?

Bringing some light on this wonderful comment since y'all seemed to overlook it. PLEASE let this be true. Pokken looks amazing, and I'd love it on Wii U.

Okay, now my stance on the topic:

I'd really like something new. Anything. I don't care if it's set in Kalos. I don't care if it's set in Kanto. Heck, it could be set in ORRE for all I care. It could be a main-series game. It could be a spinoff! It could be a spinoff that ties in with the main-series game in some sort of way. They could do something like they did with the Ranger series focusing on Darkrai with one of the new legends. I just want a new story, with new protagonists and antagonists, and I want it to be well-made. The one thing I DON'T want is for Gen 6 to end.

Oh and to all you misinformed people out there talking about the NX: The NX is something NEW, NOT a replacement for the Wii U or 3DS. End of story.

The only question is... Kris? Or Lyra? And will it be as underwhelming and short as the Kanto Origins?

Probably neither, it will just focus on Ethan/Gold and Silver. Kris and Lyra, much like Leaf they probably wouldn't get a mention.

I really have no idea of which game(s) they'll release next but I'm gonna take a gander and say that it will most likely not be a remake(s). I could be wrong but I don't think they'd want to release a remake(s) when they already ventured in that direction with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

If we get another pair of games set within Kanto I would prefer that they take place a good number of years after the events of FireRed and LeafGreen (or better put after the events that took place in Origins).

I would like for things such as these to be in the new Kanto games... new accessible cities/towns, most if not all of the older cities/towns to be revamped, new gym leaders replacing some of the previous ones, the full story on Mew and Mewtwo, among many other things.

If we don't get Kanto games then of course the next obvious thing would be a Kalos game(s). I think third versions are probably a thing of the past so the next thing to suggest would be sequels. But with sequels I honestly don't know how they would work since X and Y had such different endings which is why I would suggest that they instead do standalone sequels with little relation to the story (at least to where Team Flare is concerned) of the previous Kalos installments. Although I think standalone sequels could work I'm not sure how people would take them.

I will say this, whatever comes out next is definitely a huge mystery so big props to Game Freak for making us speculate so much.

While it looks like we will be getting Kanto games, we'll probably get Z-quels do to a lac of planning :p

Sorry if this is an obvious question but when are the leaks coming out?

The next thing we're looking out for is an announcement by Famitsu this week around the 20th-21st. It's likely a spin-off/side series game, however that depends if it's even related to games in the first place. But yeah, that's the only thing thus far Pokemon-related. And of course now the E3-Satoshi rumor, providing if that's even true. If it is true, then around the 16th of next month for that one.

Other than those two, nada. Zilch. Zero. Not till maybe an announcement this fall for next year's stuff.

So I don't really pop in here much, but I checked this thread out because I was bored.

Maybe Pokken will be the 20th anniversary game?

Bringing some light on this wonderful comment since y'all seemed to overlook it. PLEASE let this be true. Pokken looks amazing, and I'd love it on Wii U.

Okay, now my stance on the topic:

I'd really like something new. Anything. I don't care if it's set in Kalos. I don't care if it's set in Kanto. Heck, it could be set in ORRE for all I care. It could be a main-series game. It could be a spinoff! It could be a spinoff that ties in with the main-series game in some sort of way. They could do something like they did with the Ranger series focusing on Darkrai with one of the new legends. I just want a new story, with new protagonists and antagonists, and I want it to be well-made. The one thing I DON'T want is for Gen 6 to end.

Oh and to all you misinformed people out there talking about the NX: The NX is something NEW, NOT a replacement for the Wii U or 3DS. End of story.

Question. What do you mean about the NX? What new thing? They already have a home console and a hand held console. So how is the NX not replacing one of them? Except if it is not a console at all, but rather an online service. Or something related to Mobiles, and with no relation with Pokemon?

PD I agree about one thing: Generation 6 should last longer and a new console can wait. I vote for the continuation for both the 3DS and Gen 6.

Last edited:
I think they wouldn´t had made Kalos so similar to Kanto and with all those Kanto references and Kanto Megas if they were planning Kanto remakes now. They would have saved them for the Kanto reremake announcement. The starters, Gyarados, Mewtwo, Kangashkan, all those would have been top reasons to be interested in Gen 1 games.

And after all, what makes Kanto fans better than other regions fans? Why should they get a second remake, while other regions haven´t had remakes at all?

I think that considering there's two slots left for games this generation, the most likely choices are Yellow and Z, however, if this isn't the case, it would X and Y sequels of some sort, but if it's not that, maybe paired Kanto remakes... There's so many possibilities and a lot of rumors of an announcement in the coming days (I keep hearing May 21st or June 16th, we shall see), this will all be settled soon enough. I do hope it's Yellow, because that would confirm Z as the last game.

I think they wouldn´t had made Kalos so similar to Kanto and with all those Kanto references and Kanto Megas if they were planning Kanto remakes now. They would have saved them for the Kanto reremake announcement. The starters, Gyarados, Mewtwo, Kangashkan, all those would have been top reasons to be interested in Gen 1 games.

And after all, what makes Kanto fans better than other regions fans? Why should they get a second remake, while other regions haven´t had remakes at all?

Really? That sounds like such an anti-genwunner thing to say, and this is coming from a gen3er. Never at any point did any of us Kanto supporters say "only Kanto should get a remake". I said every region not on the 3DS yet should get one for the sake of a complete timeline, so what you said isn't even a valid argument. And the reason Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova can wait is because those are Gen IV and V games, Kanto was a Gen III game, what else was? Oh yeah, Hoenn. We got the Hoenn piece, but to truly remake Gen III we need some sort of revisit to Kanto.

If it was up to me I'd release all the remakes in this generation but without heavy DLC, the current games don't have the data for those games, as there is apparently two slots left. Ideally, to keep from cluttering up with too many games, I'd remake Yellow, Crystal, Platinum, and make a Grey Version that includes BW and BW2 plots.

I think that considering there's two slots left for games this generation, the most likely choices are Yellow and Z, however, if this isn't the case, it would X and Y sequels of some sort, but if it's not that, maybe paired Kanto remakes... There's so many possibilities and a lot of rumors of an announcement in the coming days (I keep hearing May 21st or June 16th, we shall see), this will all be settled soon enough. I do hope it's Yellow, because that would confirm Z as the last game.

Really? That sounds like such an anti-genwunner thing to say, and this is coming from a gen3er. Never at any point did any of us Kanto supporters say "only Kanto should get a remake". I said every region not on the 3DS yet should get one for the sake of a complete timeline, so what you said isn't even a valid argument. And the reason Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova can wait is because those are Gen IV and V games, Kanto was a Gen III game, what else was? Oh yeah, Hoenn. We got the Hoenn piece, but to truly remake Gen III we need some sort of revisit to Kanto.

If it was up to me I'd release all the remakes in this generation but without heavy DLC, the current games don't have the data for those games, as there is apparently two slots left. Ideally, to keep from cluttering up with too many games, I'd remake Yellow, Crystal, Platinum, and make a Grey Version that includes BW and BW2 plots.

Agreed, Kanto should have a second remake. I´m only arguing that it should get a second remake after all other regions (except the present generation one) have had their first remake.

PD1. I LIKE Kanto, just like I like all 6 regions. You are not talking to a hater, justo so you know.

If you ask me, PERSONALLY, I´d rather have Kanto semiremakes (including a lot of new stuff) before a Unova remake, cause I preferred Gen 1. I don´t think it would be nice to Unova fans though...

Agreed, Kanto should have a second remake. I´m only arguing that it should get a second remake after all other regions (except the present generation one) have had their first remake.

PD1. I LIKE Kanto, just like I like all 6 regions.

But it makes sense to remake them by Generation, nevermind Gen I and II, those are old news and they were rebooted in future generations.

RS were the first games of the series reboot, we got those. FRLG are the second, we need those, and we go on down the list, DP, HGSS, BW, BW2, it just makes sense. Obviously it doesn't have to be paired version across the line, what I said previously would probably work better and be less clutter.

I dare to say your theory is wrong.

You claim,since the inventing of MEGAS, all Generations should have remakes, starting with generation 1, correct?

But that´s not my opinion. My opinion is megas are not so important to change the order of remakes.

And If your theory was the right one,don´t you think GF would have started with Kanto as the first post-megaevolution remake?

But they started with Hoen, the region which was the next one in the regions-waiting-to-get-a-remake list, regardless of megas.

And Moreover, ALL the best Kanto Pokemon, except Dragonite and Mew,have already recieved their Megas in both X and ORAS.

Dont u think GF wouldn´t reveal Kanto´s starters and other major Pokemon for Kalos,if they were planning a Kanto re- remake this generation?

Last edited:
Im dare to say your theory is wrong.

You claim,since the inventing of MEGAS, all Generations should have remakes, starting with generation 1, correct?

But that´s not my opinion. My opinion is megas are not so important to change the order of remakes.

And If your theory was the right one,don´t you think GF would have started with Kanto as the first post-megaevolution remake?

But they started with Hoen, the region which was the next ione in the regions-waiting-to-get-a-remake list, regardless of megas.

And Moreover, ALL the best Kanto Pokemon, except Dragonite and Mew,have already recieved their Megas in both X and ORAS.

Dont u think GF wouldn´t reveal Kanto´s starters and other major Pokemon for Kalos,if they were planning a Kanto re- remake this generation?

I don't think that's to discredit the possibility though. Kanto will get them if there's demand for them, just like Hoenn did. The same argument people like you had to not have Hoenn remakes was that "Every Pokemon in Hoenn is available up to Gen VI because of Gen III-V compatibility. How did that work out? History repeats itself, if the fans want it, the fans will get it. The fans win every time, if they can make money off it, it'll come, as useless as you think it may be, just as those who thought ORAS were useless, it was validated by enough new features, and the fresh look of the new games. You can argue against it all you want, but this fact remains. Pokemon fans will play any Pokemon game, everyone who didn't want Hoenn remakes got them, played them, and genuinely enjoyed them anyways.

Have people thought that Kanto has already been remade in Gen 6? In the form of Origins? Johto will probably get a Pokemon Gold and Silver: Origins 2 or something along the lines. DP, BW, and B2W2 will probably get remakes as games.

Johto Origins and DP I'd imagine in Gen 8, it makes sense.
BW remakes in Gen 10? Only thing I'm not sure where is B2W2. Probably Gen 10 though.

If we ever do go back to Kanto and Johto in the form of games though, I feel like they'll be sequels.

Have people thought that Kanto has already been remade in Gen 6? In the form of Origins? Johto will probably get a Pokemon Gold and Silver: Origins 2 or something along the lines. DP, BW, and B2W2 will probably get remakes as games.

BW remakes in Gen 10? Only thing I'm not sure where is B2W2. Probably Gen 10 though.

If we ever do go back to Kanto and Johto in the form of games though, I feel like they'll be sequels.

The fans have spoken and the timeline must be satisfied. It appears I have nothing more to say of use on this thread. People have their own reasons to think what I'm saying is laughable, but we'll see what gets announced. Believe me, don't believe me, agree with me, debunk my theories, it doesn't matter, whatever makes money will make money. It seems like everyone is just repeating stuff that was said five or six pages ago and this debate is going nowhere.

Why would Origins prevent a game from being made though? Origins was an anime, not a game, so I dont understand why it wouldnt be possible.

Question. What do you mean about the NX? What new thing? They already have a home console and a hand held console. So how is the NX not replacing one of them? Except if it is not a console at all, but rather an online service. Or something related to Mobiles, and with no relation with Pokemon?

PD I agree about one thing: Generation 6 should last longer and a new console can wait. I vote for the continuation for both the 3DS and Gen 6.

Okay. Let me rephrase my statement.

The NX is supposed to be something new to go alongside either the Wii U or the 3DS (most likely the Wii U). It's probably just a new console with fancy gimmicks and stuff, like connection to mobiles and stuff through Nintendo Network ID's. The reason I said it was NEW was because Iwata was all like "we're continuing support for both the Wii U and the 3DS, it's not a replacement, so shut up, stop asking me questions about this piece of shit, and let us finish making the god damn system."

However, if we look at past trends...The DS was supposed to be the same thing as the NX is, to go alongside the GBA but not fully replace it. But look what happened. ._. So yes, it will most likely be the new next-gen replacement system sometime in the future.

But that's a discussion for another thread, hm? :) I have a question. Let's say there are no more main-series games released in Gen VI, and the future of the generation lies in spinoffs. Which spinoffs would you like to see if that happens? I'm not saying it's likely, I'm just curious. Me personally, I'd love to see some game incorporating Shadow Pokemon, a sequel to Conquest, or a fourth Ranger (as I'm a huge fan of not only the stories but the MUSIC in those games). Or even a crossover! Now that would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom