• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see another Orre game and maybe another Mystery Dungeon spinoff as well (Trozei already got two spinoffs, and I think a third would be redundant in Generation VI)

For future spin-offs, I've got two things going on in my head:

- I'd like to have another Colosseum/XD kind of game, but obviously something different from the Shadow Pokemon plot. Like basically the same setup, but a different plot that involves an evil team. Perhaps something to do with the alternate/multiple Poke-universes brought up in ORAS?

- An exploration simulator, like Endless Ocean: Blue World, which was a diving/exploration sim game for the Wii. In Blue World, you work for a little local diving company that does various things such as dolphin shows, salvaging treasure, underwater exploration, healing sick fish(and using the same tool to calm hostile sharks), and chart/log species found in the game. What I would like is a similar game, where you work as a Professor's assistant. I'm not talking about getting your Pokedex from the Professor per usual main series game and record data by catching 'mons. I'm talking about the things that the Professor does, like field studies 'n whatnot. Interact with wild 'mons and get info on them through various "point-and-click" methods(in Blue World, in order to obtain more information about certain species, you had to use various tools in your "bag" while you were clicked and zoomed in on the creature, like using a camera or a whistle while zoomed in). Actually study the legends and mysteries in the Pokemon world instead of just encountering them while on a badge quest like you normally do. And of course all the exploration that goes along with it.

Have people thought that Kanto has already been remade in Gen 6? In the form of Origins? Johto will probably get a Pokemon Gold and Silver: Origins 2 or something along the lines. DP, BW, and B2W2 will probably get remakes as games.

Johto Origins and DP I'd imagine in Gen 8, it makes sense.
BW remakes in Gen 10? Only thing I'm not sure where is B2W2. Probably Gen 10 though.

If we ever do go back to Kanto and Johto in the form of games though, I feel like they'll be sequels.
Why would Origins prevent a game from being made though? Origins was an anime, not a game, so I dont understand why it wouldnt be possible.
AGAN. Origins is 99% the megaverse version of Kanto. If that is true, then the games' story has been sufficiently told and introduced to new players. If remakes were happening, then I would suspect something like origins bar the last episode, would be used in the prerelease period, not with Kalos Games. For me remakes are even more redundant with origins around

Okay. Let me rephrase my statement.

The NX is supposed to be something new to go alongside either the Wii U or the 3DS (most likely the Wii U). It's probably just a new console with fancy gimmicks and stuff, like connection to mobiles and stuff through Nintendo Network ID's. The reason I said it was NEW was because Iwata was all like "we're continuing support for both the Wii U and the 3DS, it's not a replacement, so shut up, stop asking me questions about this piece of shit, and let us finish making the god damn system."

However, if we look at past trends...The DS was supposed to be the same thing as the NX is, to go alongside the GBA but not fully replace it. But look what happened. ._. So yes, it will most likely be the new next-gen replacement system sometime in the future.

Yeah, I don't see Nintendo launching a successful third pillar, it's not a very good idea. For one, a successful third pillar would be difficult to pull off, especially when it comes to exclusives. What kind of gaming environment could they create separate from the existing console and handheld environments? Sure, they could branch into smartphones and PCs, but those aren't actually different environments, they're simply not dedicated gaming devices. So you can't really create new experiences with them that you couldn't with handheld and console.

Second, it's probably not a good idea to keep the 3DS and Wii U on the market longer than they have to. A lot of Nintendo's current troubles have to do with their hardware, there's not a lot of demand for low powered gaming focused consoles in the market right now, so as long as they keep the 3DS and Wii U on the market they're not going to be very high sellers. And what are they going to do software wise to justify supporting the 3DS and Wii U beyond 2017, they're starting to run out of IPs to use at this point. The 3DS especially has blown through most of its IPs and hasn't gotten much beyond localized JRPGs and eShop games since 2014, at this point it feels like Nintendo doesn't have much of a use for it anymore. I can't really see that approach working out, gamers are going to see Nintendo relying on the 3DS and Wii U as them becoming even less relevant and they're inevitably going to focus on the NX.

But that's a discussion for another thread, hm? :) I have a question. Let's say there are no more main-series games released in Gen VI, and the future of the generation lies in spinoffs. Which spinoffs would you like to see if that happens? I'm not saying it's likely, I'm just curious. Me personally, I'd love to see some game incorporating Shadow Pokemon, a sequel to Conquest, or a fourth Ranger (as I'm a huge fan of not only the stories but the MUSIC in those games). Or even a crossover! Now that would be cool.

Colosseum/XD, Mystery Dungeon, and Ranger would be good.

Have people thought that Kanto has already been remade in Gen 6? In the form of Origins? Johto will probably get a Pokemon Gold and Silver: Origins 2 or something along the lines. DP, BW, and B2W2 will probably get remakes as games.

BW remakes in Gen 10? Only thing I'm not sure where is B2W2. Probably Gen 10 though.

If we ever do go back to Kanto and Johto in the form of games though, I feel like they'll be sequels.
Why would Origins prevent a game from being made though? Origins was an anime, not a game, so I dont understand why it wouldnt be possible.
AGAN. Origins is 99% the megaverse version of Kanto. If that is true, then the games' story has been sufficiently told and introduced to new players. If remakes were happening, then I would suspect something like origins bar the last episode, would be used in the prerelease period, not with Kalos Games. For me remakes are even more redundant with origins around

You have a point, I remember there was talk of them making a Pokemon Yellow, but all of this stuff was already covered in the anime, so it was deemed redundant and they dropped the idea and Pokemon Yellow was never made.

Oh wait, no, the anime came out, and then Pokemon Yellow came out after, adapting RBG to reflect the anime, even though kids had already seen the anime. No doubt you said why get Yellow, why play through that when you can just watch it instead???
Origins is an argument for Gen 1 remakes, not against!

You have a point, I remember there was talk of them making a Pokemon Yellow, but all of this stuff was already covered in the anime, so it was deemed redundant and they dropped the idea and Pokemon Yellow was never made.

Oh wait, no, the anime came out, and then Pokemon Yellow came out after, adapting RBG to reflect the anime, even though kids had already seen the anime. No doubt you said why get Yellow, why play through that when you can just watch it instead???

^

So I don't really pop in here much, but I checked this thread out because I was bored.

Oh and to all you misinformed people out there talking about the NX: The NX is something NEW, NOT a replacement for the Wii U or 3DS. End of story.

Question. What do you mean about the NX? What new thing? They already have a home console and a hand held console. So how is the NX not replacing one of them? Except if it is not a console at all, but rather an online service. Or something related to Mobiles, and with no relation with Pokemon?

PD I agree about one thing: Generation 6 should last longer and a new console can wait. I vote for the continuation for both the 3DS and Gen 6.

Okay. Let me rephrase my statement.

The NX is supposed to be something new to go alongside either the Wii U or the 3DS (most likely the Wii U). It's probably just a new console with fancy gimmicks and stuff, like connection to mobiles and stuff through Nintendo Network ID's. The reason I said it was NEW was because Iwata was all like "we're continuing support for both the Wii U and the 3DS, it's not a replacement, so shut up, stop asking me questions about this piece of shit, and let us finish making the god damn system."

However, if we look at past trends...The DS was supposed to be the same thing as the NX is, to go alongside the GBA but not fully replace it. But look what happened. ._. So yes, it will most likely be the new next-gen replacement system sometime in the future.

But that's a discussion for another thread, hm? :) I have a question. Let's say there are no more main-series games released in Gen VI, and the future of the generation lies in spinoffs. Which spinoffs would you like to see if that happens? I'm not saying it's likely, I'm just curious. Me personally, I'd love to see some game incorporating Shadow Pokemon, a sequel to Conquest, or a fourth Ranger (as I'm a huge fan of not only the stories but the MUSIC in those games). Or even a crossover! Now that would be cool.

About the NX, I personally hope it´s related to the Wii U, and is substituting that, and not the 3DS. That´s cause Im mainly a hand- held Nintendo fan, and I like the 3DS and don´t think it should be substituted soon. In my opinion,it could easily host gen 7 too, before they release a new handheld (to host gen 8).

About your question about spin- offs, i have always been a main- series fan of Pokemon. From the spin- off games, Im not a fan of Pokemon Conquest (haven´t played it though) and Im not a fan of Pokken either. I like Pokemon to feel like Pokemon, not like a different Universe. So I would chose Pokemon Ranger, since they are in the same storyline and Universe like the main series. I just don´t like how you can only have one Pokemon with you. I do´t know why Rangers are not allowed to have six XD. But they are the best spinoff games.

I think that considering there's two slots left for games this generation, the most likely choices are Yellow and Z, however, if this isn't the case, it would X and Y sequels of some sort, but if it's not that, maybe paired Kanto remakes... There's so many possibilities and a lot of rumors of an announcement in the coming days (I keep hearing May 21st or June 16th, we shall see), this will all be settled soon enough. I do hope it's Yellow, because that would confirm Z as the last game.

I think they wouldn´t had made Kalos so similar to Kanto and with all those Kanto references and Kanto Megas if they were planning Kanto remakes now. They would have saved them for the Kanto reremake announcement. The starters, Gyarados, Mewtwo, Kangashkan, all those would have been top reasons to be interested in Gen 1 games.

And after all, what makes Kanto fans better than other regions fans? Why should they get a second remake, while other regions haven´t had remakes at all?

Really? That sounds like such an anti-genwunner thing to say, and this is coming from a gen3er. Never at any point did any of us Kanto supporters say "only Kanto should get a remake". I said every region not on the 3DS yet should get one for the sake of a complete timeline, so what you said isn't even a valid argument. And the reason Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova can wait is because those are Gen IV and V games, Kanto was a Gen III game, what else was? Oh yeah, Hoenn. We got the Hoenn piece, but to truly remake Gen III we need some sort of revisit to Kanto.

If it was up to me I'd release all the remakes in this generation but without heavy DLC, the current games don't have the data for those games, as there is apparently two slots left. Ideally, to keep from cluttering up with too many games, I'd remake Yellow, Crystal, Platinum, and make a Grey Version that includes BW and BW2 plots.

Agreed, Kanto should have a second remake. I´m only arguing that it should get a second remake after all other regions (except the present generation one) have had their first remake.

PD1. I LIKE Kanto, just like I like all 6 regions.

But it makes sense to remake them by Generation, nevermind Gen I and II, those are old news and they were rebooted in future generations.

RS were the first games of the series reboot, we got those. FRLG are the second, we need those, and we go on down the list, DP, HGSS, BW, BW2, it just makes sense. Obviously it doesn't have to be paired version across the line, what I said previously would probably work better and be less clutter.

Ok, now I understand... You think Gen 1 and 2 should be IGNORED and their 2006 remakes be treated like main games and not remakes. Ok, I get your point. You think ORAS were the first to be remade, cause they have decided to make remakes starting from gen 3 (for some reason). So R/S first, FR/LG second, D/P third, BW etc...

I understand what you mean, but, that doesn´t work for one reason: they can´t start making remakes from generation one, each time they add a new MAJOR feature, like Megas.

Because if they do, other games might NEVER get a remake. I will explain.

Now they introduced Megas, and you claim they should remake ALL generations so they include Megas. So lets say they start doing it your way. Kanto gets remakes. But in Generation 8, they decide to introduce a new MAJOR feature, for example, HYPER Evolutions (im using a stupid example here). And Hyper evolutions are based in a different time line as well. So you start claiming ALL generations should get re-re-remakes to fill the timeline gap for HYPER evolutions (or whatever new thing GF adds). So, Before Sinnoh and Unova have gotten their first remakes with megas, Gen 1 would get it´s.... FOURTH remake. This could become a cycle in which with every new major addition GF makes, we start re-re-making everything from Gen1, never getting to the point of remking generations 4 and 5,cause a NEW major feature has been introduced by GF meanwhile..

That´s why all regions should get remade, before Kanto gets a re-remake. And I will tell you more, the only real reason for Kanto getting an other remake before Unova or Sinnoh is the 20th anniversary. It´s the only serious excuse they can make to skip other regions.

Last edited:
I think that considering there's two slots left for games this generation, the most likely choices are Yellow and Z, however, if this isn't the case, it would X and Y sequels of some sort, but if it's not that, maybe paired Kanto remakes... There's so many possibilities and a lot of rumors of an announcement in the coming days (I keep hearing May 21st or June 16th, we shall see), this will all be settled soon enough. I do hope it's Yellow, because that would confirm Z as the last game.

I think they wouldn´t had made Kalos so similar to Kanto and with all those Kanto references and Kanto Megas if they were planning Kanto remakes now. They would have saved them for the Kanto reremake announcement. The starters, Gyarados, Mewtwo, Kangashkan, all those would have been top reasons to be interested in Gen 1 games.

And after all, what makes Kanto fans better than other regions fans? Why should they get a second remake, while other regions haven´t had remakes at all?

Really? That sounds like such an anti-genwunner thing to say, and this is coming from a gen3er. Never at any point did any of us Kanto supporters say "only Kanto should get a remake". I said every region not on the 3DS yet should get one for the sake of a complete timeline, so what you said isn't even a valid argument. And the reason Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova can wait is because those are Gen IV and V games, Kanto was a Gen III game, what else was? Oh yeah, Hoenn. We got the Hoenn piece, but to truly remake Gen III we need some sort of revisit to Kanto.

If it was up to me I'd release all the remakes in this generation but without heavy DLC, the current games don't have the data for those games, as there is apparently two slots left. Ideally, to keep from cluttering up with too many games, I'd remake Yellow, Crystal, Platinum, and make a Grey Version that includes BW and BW2 plots.

Agreed, Kanto should have a second remake. I´m only arguing that it should get a second remake after all other regions (except the present generation one) have had their first remake.

But it makes sense to remake them by Generation, nevermind Gen I and II, those are old news and they were rebooted in future generations.

RS were the first games of the series reboot, we got those. FRLG are the second, we need those, and we go on down the list, DP, HGSS, BW, BW2, it just makes sense. Obviously it doesn't have to be paired version across the line, what I said previously would probably work better and be less clutter.

Ok, now I understand... You think Gen 1 and 2 should be IGNORED and their 2006 remakes be treated like main games and not remakes. Ok, I get your point. You think ORAS were the first to be remade, cause they have decided to make remakes starting from gen 3 (for some reason). So R/S first, FR/LG second, D/P third, BW etc...

I understand what you mean, but, that doesn´t work for one reason: they can´t start making remakes from generation one, each time they add a new MAJOR feature, like Megas.

Now they introduced Megas, and you claim they should remake ALL generations so they include Megas. So lets say the start doing it your way. Kanto gets remakes. But in Generation 8, they decide to introduce a new MAJOR feature, for example, HYPER Evolutions (im using a stupid example here). And Hyper evolution are based in a different time line as well. So you start claiming ALL generations should get re-re-remakes to fill the timeline gap for HYPER evolutions (or whatever new thing GF adds). So, Before Sinnoh and Unova have gotten their first remakes, Gen 1 would get it´s.... FOURTH remake. This could become a cycle in which with every new major addition GF makes, we start re-re-making everything from Gen1. And we never get to remake the other Gens.

That´s why all regions should get remade, before Kanto gets a re-remake. And I will tell you more, the only real reason for Kanto getting an other remake before Unova or Sinnoh is the 20th anniversary. It´s the only serious excuse they can make to skip other regions.

Yes, in theory that sounds terrible, but do you realize how slim the chances of something stupid like that is? I think they threw in this new timeline stuff for a reason; to remake old games and have a reason to. Even if they did add something new, in-game it would be treated as a "new discovery", not actually a new universe.

Last edited:

Now they introduced Megas, and you claim they should remake ALL generations so they include Megas. So lets say the start doing it your way. Kanto gets remakes. But in Generation 8, they decide to introduce a new MAJOR feature, for example, HYPER Evolutions (im using a stupid example here). And Hyper evolution are based in a different time line as well. So you start claiming ALL generations should get re-re-remakes to fill the timeline gap for HYPER evolutions (or whatever new thing GF adds). So, Before Sinnoh and Unova have gotten their first remakes, Gen 1 would get it´s.... FOURTH remake. This could become a cycle in which with every new major addition GF makes, we start re-re-making everything from Gen1. And we never get to remake the other Gens.

He's not saying that ORAS was the first and it didn't exist

The order in which the games were brought out

Red/Green/Yellow
Gold/Silver/Crystal
Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

Now they've already remade Red/Green
They've remade Gold/Silver
They've remade Ruby/Sapphire

And what game came next, Diamond/Pearl??? NO, it was FRLG. So the Gen 1 remakes are next in line for a remake. Why would they skip to SInnoh, when main series kanto, the game that started this massive franchise is currently the game we played longest ago.

Look at the 3DS, if you want to play through the main Gen 6 games you've got XY, if you want to play Gen 5, you've got BWBW2, if you want to play through Gen 4 you've got DPPT, Gen 3, you've got ORAS, nostalgic for Gen 2, you can play HGSS. Now you want to play through the main Gen 1 story on your 3DS you've got... what exactly, nothing, you can't! Main series Kanto is next in line, we last went to Sinnoh in 2009, we last went to MAIN SERIES Kanto in 2004, 5 years before that, it's Kantos turn!

Then there are the new fans, many of whom won't have played through main Kanto at all. Assuming the average kid gets their first Pokemon game at 7 and doesn't go back to look at old games, isnt aware of them, can't find them etc, then no one born in 1998 or after has had the chance to play a main series Kanto game as it came out.

Sure there are probably plenty of younger fans who have never played through Sinnoh, but the proportion of havent played Main Kanto is far larger. And quite simply, it's Kantos turn, we've waited 11 years already for a return to Kanto, but only waited 6 for a return to Sinnoh. Anyone with a 3DS, can still play Platinum if they can find a copy (they are still out there) but you even if you find a copy of FRLG, you can't play it on your 3DS (or DSI)

Red/Green/Yellow
Gold/Silver/Crystal
Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

And what game came next, Diamond/Pearl??? NO, it was FRLG. So the Gen 1 remakes are next in line for a remake. Why would they skip to SInnoh, when main series kanto, the game that started this massive franchise is currently the game we played longest ago.

Look at the 3DS, if you want to play through the main Gen 6 games you've got XY, if you want to play Gen 5, you've got BWBW2, if you want to play through Gen 4 you've got DPPT, Gen 3, you've got ORAS, nostalgic for Gen 2, you can play HGSS. Now you want to play through the main Gen 1 story on your 3DS you've got... what exactly, nothing, you can't! Main series Kanto is next in line, we last went to Sinnoh in 2009, we last went to MAIN SERIES Kanto in 2004, 5 years before that, it's Kantos turn!

Then there are the new fans, many of whom won't have played through main Kanto at all. Assuming the average kid gets their first Pokemon game at 7 and doesn't go back to look at old games, isnt aware of them, can't find them etc, then no one born in 1998 or after has had the chance to play a main series Kanto game as it came out.

Sure there are probably plenty of younger fans who have never played through Sinnoh, but the proportion of havent played Main Kanto is far larger. And quite simply, it's Kantos turn, we've waited 11 years already for a return to Kanto, but only waited 6 for a return to Sinnoh. Anyone with a 3DS, can still play Platinum if they can find a copy (they are still out there) but you even if you find a copy of FRLG, you can't play it on your 3DS (or DSI)

I find your reasoning correct. But that still doens´t mean, Kanto should go before Sinnoh and Unova. Just wait a few years and all those who haven´t played through Kanto will.

Red/Green/Yellow
Gold/Silver/Crystal
Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

I find your reasoning correct. But that still doens´t mean, Kanto should go before Sinnoh and Unova. Just wait a few years and all those who haven´t played through Kanto will.

I was 6 when RS came out and I got Ruby. A couple more years and I would've missed FRLG, even though I did get Yellow later on, what about kids who started with Gen IV, V, or VI? It makes sense to just give us a game or two in Kanto, it would feel just as fresh as ORAS.

Instead of telling us our reasons for a revisit of the original Kanto story are bad, can you tell us the cons of these games coming out? What's the worst thing that will happen? Even people who don't want them will get them because they don't want to miss out on the experience. I guarantee you'd get them, so tell me what the cons of these games are.

Red/Green/Yellow
Gold/Silver/Crystal
Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

I've waited 11 already (12 minimum when they come out) and if we wait for Unova remakes, which likely won't be until 2021, people will still say, actually Kalos needs to be remade next not Kanto.

As EmpoleonProd said above there are 3 generations of kids now who've not played a Main series Kanto game, (those who started in gen 4, gen 5, gen 6) but only 2 who haven't had the chance to play Sinnoh (those that started in gen 5, and gen 6) My nephew turns 6 next year, and I'd love to be able to play through those games that me and my brother played all those years ago (nearly 2 decades) together with him. If he's interested in Sinnoh we can just whack out a copy of Platinum however.

Early installment weirdness is about the last thing that can be used as an arguement, especially as its an isolated tging. If we had every gen an Anime inspired game I would agree, but that is not the case. And its not even the same thing in theory. Pokemon Yellow was aj attempt to translate some of the Anime nuances into game form, and in someways it worked. Pokemon Origins on the other hand is a special xreated to retell the story pf the first games for the newer generationa and make sometging spexial for the older generations, while also promoting mega evolution. If they intended to do so through games, I am definite origins would not exist, or at least in the way it does. I see it kore as a sequel hook too, with the new games explaining Reds hunto for Mew, and how he became one of the first trainers to use and research megas.

Red/Green/Yellow
Gold/Silver/Crystal
Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

I've waited 11 already (12 minimum when they come out) and if we wait for Unova remakes, which likely won't be until 2021, people will still say, actually Kalos needs to be remade next not Kanto.

As EmpoleonProd said above there are 3 generations of kids now who've not played a Main series Kanto game, (those who started in gen 4, gen 5, gen 6) but only 2 who haven't had the chance to play Sinnoh (those that started in gen 5, and gen 6) My nephew turns 6 next year, and I'd love to be able to play through those games that me and my brother played all those years ago (nearly 2 decades) together with him. If he's interested in Sinnoh we can just whack out a copy of Platinum however.

The GBA is dead. Hoenn finally got a remake 11 years later, it makes sense that Kanto would come next 11-12 years later. As you said, you can pop in Platinum anytime, additionally, it's easy to find new DS games for Pokemon compared to new GBA games, you'd have to buy a used GBA or DS and a used cartridge that most likely hasn't had a battery swap (I did a battery swap for my Emerald just for the fun of it, to try it.)

There are no cons for Kanto games. It's popular, it's marketable, and it's desired. No development has to go into new Pokemon except for a couple Megas, maybe. The region is smaller than Hoenn and would take less time to recreate, and that might give them time to add the Sevii Islands, unlike HGSS did. Adding Johto would be a stretch, but is possible, maybe just adding Mt. Silver would be a nice touch.

Instead of telling us our reasons for a revisit of the original Kanto story are bad, can you tell us the cons of these games coming out? What's the worst thing that will happen? Even people who don't want them will get them because they don't want to miss out on the experience. I guarantee you'd get them, so tell me what the cons of these games are.

I think you just confirmed you didn´t understand my comments. I was explaining you what I think would be fair for other regions fans. Not what I would prefer.

If you want to know what I would prefer myself, here it goes:

First, an OR/AS DLC including a few emerald features. (I´ve been told Gen 6 doesn´t support DLC i´m just telling you what I´d like)

Second, a Sinnoh remake as good as ORAS. (Sinnoh is my second- fave region).

Third, a Pokemon YELLOW semi remake including the anime Battle Frontier elements (wich is near Kanto, in the Anime). And maybe including Ho-Oh, asit was seen flying over in the Anime.

Fourth, New games set in a new region.

That´s my personal preference, and as you may see, I´d like Kanto (semi)remakes bofore Unova remakes and even before a new region. As I´ve told you, I like remakes, in general, A LOT.

I think you just confirmed you didn´t understand my comments. I was explaining you what I think would be fair for other regions fans. Not what I would prefer.

If you want to know what I would prefer myself, here it goes:

First, an OR/AS DLC including a few emerald features. (I´ve been told Gen 6 doesn´t support DLC i´m just telling you what I´d like)

Second, a Sinnoh remake as good as ORAS. (Sinnoh is my second- fave region).

Third, a Pokemon YELLOW semi remake including the anime Battle Frontier elements (wich is near Kanto, in the Anime). And maybe including Ho-Oh, asit was seen flying over in the Anime.

Fourth, New games set in a new region.

That´s my personal preference, and as you may see, I´d like Kanto (semi)remakes bofore Unova remakes and even before a new region. As I´ve told you, I like remakes, in general, A LOT.

That's where the problem is, you favor Sinnoh personally, but it makes sense to have Kanto first. This is how I see Gen VI and VII, or how I would do it if I had a choice.

Gen VI:
-XY (New region paired versions)
-ORAS (Gen III paired version remakes)
-Lightning Yellow or FRLG remakes (revisit of Kanto story from Gen III)
-Z (New region third version)

Gen VII:
-New region's paired versions
-DPPl remakes (Gen IV paired version remakes)
-Johto remake(s) (Revisit of Johto story from Gen IV)

Do you see how linear my projected timeline is? It goes in order of the original game's release for the remakes. It makes sense.

And I can't admit to favoritism because I'm not favoring anything. I'm just saying what makes sense. My favorite region is the one I started with, Hoenn, I'm content with ORAS. Kalos is 2nd, Sinnoh and Kanto tie for 3rd. Revisiting a region in 3D seems to affect how much I like it.

Oh yes... Pokémon fatigue has definitely settled in. Because this thread just went from actually discussing what the future of Gen 6 will be to a Kanto/anti-Kanto argument. Can we please stop this? Or can we just make a separate thread(or even a blog post) about whether or not Kanto should get another game/remake? Since they've already done remakes for this Gen, it's highly unlikely we'll be getting anymore remakes until probably the latter part of Gen 7. Which is like, a LONG ways off from now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom