• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes... Pokémon fatigue has definitely settled in. Because this thread just went from actually discussing what the future of Gen 6 will be to a Kanto/anti-Kanto argument. Can we please stop this? Or can we just make a separate thread(or even a blog post) about whether or not Kanto should get another game/remake? Since they've already done remakes for this Gen, it's highly unlikely we'll be getting anymore remakes until probably the latter part of Gen 7. Which is like, a LONG ways off from now?

We don't know that though, until now, we've never encountered a situation where they'll remake games from a generation that had remakes. Gen III is the first in that category. To say it can't happen can't be proven or disproven. Common sense tells me FRLG deserve one just as much as ORAS, because they coexisted in the same generation.

The quote pyramiding in this thread is borderline insane.

I agree. That's why I occasionally don't quote anything to start a new one. xD

Oh, and don't make me laugh so hard like this again, I laughed out loud and my whole class wants to know why my English homework is so funny. :s

Oh yes... Pokémon fatigue has definitely settled in. Because this thread just went from actually discussing what the future of Gen 6 will be to a Kanto/anti-Kanto argument. Can we please stop this? Or can we just make a separate thread(or even a blog post) about whether or not Kanto should get another game/remake? Since they've already done remakes for this Gen, it's highly unlikely we'll be getting anymore remakes until probably the latter part of Gen 7. Which is like, a LONG ways off from now?

We are discussing a Kanto remake as a possibility for Gen 6 future, and there is a reverse argument saying it is unlikely to be part of gen 6s future. Seems perfectly in line with the topic to me.

Also Game Freak is proving time and time again, that just because something has "not happened before" doesn't mean it won't happen. Back in Gen 3, you could have said they won't remake Gen 1 because they've not remade games before, and Gen 1 was only about 4 or 5 years ago.

Back in Gen 5 you could have said sequels won't happen they've never done sequels before.

Now in Gen 6 you are saying a 2nd set of remakes can't happen, based on the fact its never happened before?

We already know they want to do something slightly unexpected, they've confirmed this, everyone is expexting Z next or XY sequels, so a Kanto remake could fit in with that statement.

Instead of telling us our reasons for a revisit of the original Kanto story are bad, can you tell us the cons of these games coming out? What's the worst thing that will happen? Even people who don't want them will get them because they don't want to miss out on the experience. I guarantee you'd get them, so tell me what the cons of these games are.

I think you just confirmed you didn´t understand my comments. I was explaining you what I think would be fair for other regions fans. Not what I would prefer.

If you want to know what I would prefer myself, here it goes:

First, an OR/AS DLC including a few emerald features. (I´ve been told Gen 6 doesn´t support DLC i´m just telling you what I´d like)

Second, a Sinnoh remake as good as ORAS. (Sinnoh is my second- fave region).

Third, a Pokemon YELLOW semi remake including the anime Battle Frontier elements (wich is near Kanto, in the Anime). And maybe including Ho-Oh, asit was seen flying over in the Anime.

Fourth, New games set in a new region.

That´s my personal preference, and as you may see, I´d like Kanto (semi)remakes bofore Unova remakes and even before a new region. As I´ve told you, I like remakes, in general, A LOT.

That's where the problem is, you favor Sinnoh personally, but it makes sense to have Kanto first. This is how I see Gen VI and VII, or how I would do it if I had a choice.

Gen VI:
-XY (New region paired versions)
-ORAS (Gen III paired version remakes)
-Lightning Yellow or FRLG remakes (revisit of Kanto story from Gen III)
-Z (New region third version)

Gen VII:
-New region's paired versions
-DPPl remakes (Gen IV paired version remakes)
-Johto remake(s) (Revisit of Johto story from Gen IV)

Do you see how linear my projected timeline is? It goes in order of the original game's release for the remakes. It makes sense.

And I can't admit to favoritism because I'm not favoring anything. I'm just saying what makes sense. My favorite region is the one I started with, Hoenn, I'm content with ORAS. Kalos is 2nd, Sinnoh and Kanto tie for 3rd. Revisiting a region in 3D seems to affect how much I like it.

I have to admit your way is good too, although with your idea, we could visit Kanto every 2 generations or something and make it the most re-visited region in history (oh wait... it already is), but that´s fine with me cause Kanto is a region I like, and I would love it if they made it LARGER (I hear people talking about anime Kanto being enormous).

So you are a Hoenn fan? You didn´t sound like one, since insisting so much with Kanto.

Oh, and don´t you want a DLC for OR/AS or you think the games are complete enough?

With me it´s: Hoenn > Sinnoh > Kanto/ Johto/ Kalos > Unova. And even Unova I find very good, so in general, I don´t mind which one they remade, i like all regions.

About the NX, I personally hope it´s related to the Wii U, and is substituting that, and not the 3DS. That´s cause Im mainly a hand- held Nintendo fan, and I like the 3DS and don´t think it should be substituted soon. In my opinion,it could easily host gen 7 too, before they release a new handheld (to host gen 8).

I agree. However, I would say that Gen 7 should be exclusive to the New Nintendo 3DS. That way, there will be more power to work with for a new game engine. I mean, the New Nintendo 3DS can handle about the power of a Wii, as shown by Xenoblade. So, I'd like if Gen 7 was a New Nintendo 3DS game. We'd still get a fantastic (hopefully) new technology boost, making it a good improvement over Gen 6, and it would feel more separate than Gens 4 and 5 were (since both could play on every DS model). It would be more like a Gen 1-2 jump, which I find attractive, as long as it comes soon before the 3DS starts nearing the end of its (expectedly quite long) lifecycle. Another reason for using the New Nintendo 3DS is this: The New model has given a great new breath of air into the 3DS lifespan. Unlike new models of the DS and such, the New 3DS actually has a great power boost in its technology, just like a totally new handheld would provide! A whole new generation (general gaming) of games could be housed on the New 3DS, taking the 3DS lifespan up to, maybe even, 2019 or so. That would be enough time, as well, for Pokemon to have its 7th Gen exclusively on the New 3DS.

The quote pyramiding in this thread is borderline insane.
Yeah guys, just a quick mod note:

Please dont let the quote pyramids get too big. It can make it harder for people to load the thread if they have slow computers or use mobile.

Instead of telling us our reasons for a revisit of the original Kanto story are bad, can you tell us the cons of these games coming out? What's the worst thing that will happen? Even people who don't want them will get them because they don't want to miss out on the experience. I guarantee you'd get them, so tell me what the cons of these games are.

I think you just confirmed you didn´t understand my comments. I was explaining you what I think would be fair for other regions fans. Not what I would prefer.

First, an OR/AS DLC including a few emerald features. (I´ve been told Gen 6 doesn´t support DLC i´m just telling you what I´d like)

Third, a Pokemon YELLOW semi remake including the anime Battle Frontier elements (wich is near Kanto, in the Anime). And maybe including Ho-Oh, asit was seen flying over in the Anime.

That´s my personal preference, and as you may see, I´d like Kanto (semi)remakes bofore Unova remakes and even before a new region. As I´ve told you, I like remakes, in general, A LOT.

That's where the problem is, you favor Sinnoh personally, but it makes sense to have Kanto first. This is how I see Gen VI and VII, or how I would do it if I had a choice.

Gen VI:

Gen VII:

Do you see how linear my projected timeline is? It goes in order of the original game's release for the remakes. It makes sense.

And I can't admit to favoritism because I'm not favoring anything. I'm just saying what makes sense. My favorite region is the one I started with, Hoenn, I'm content with ORAS. Kalos is 2nd, Sinnoh and Kanto tie for 3rd. Revisiting a region in 3D seems to affect how much I like it.

I have to admit your way is good too, although with your idea, we could visit Kanto every 2 generations or something and make it the most re-visited region in history (oh wait... it already is), but that´s fine with me cause Kanto is a region I like, and I would love it if they made it LARGER (I hear people talking about anime Kanto being enormous).

So you are a Hoenn fan? You didn´t sound like one, since insisting so much with Kanto.

Oh, and don´t you want a DLC for OR/AS or you think the games are complete enough?

With me it´s: Hoenn > Sinnoh > Kanto/ Johto/ Kalos > Unova. And even Unova I find very good, so in general, I don´t mind which one they remade, i like all regions.

Maybe he's a Pokemon fan first and a Hoenn fan second? We just had Hoenn literallly a couple of months ago, it's not even been a whole year, in fact not even 6 months yet (will reach this threshold in 2 days)

So I think we can understand if a Hoenn fan isn't calling for another Hoenn instalment literally less than 6 months after we just got one. (Though I have seen a few fans out there calling for more hoenn.

Let's look region by region (and no i dont count the hollow gen 2 Kanto as a main kanto visit, its a rushed hollow postgame.)

Kanto last visited 11 years ago
Sinnoh last visited 6 years ago
Johto last visited 5 years ago
Unova last visited 3 years ago
Kalos last visited 1 and a half years ago
Hoenn last visited half a year ago

And now tell me which region we need to revisit most???

About the NX, I personally hope it´s related to the Wii U, and is substituting that, and not the 3DS. That´s cause Im mainly a hand- held Nintendo fan, and I like the 3DS and don´t think it should be substituted soon. In my opinion,it could easily host gen 7 too, before they release a new handheld (to host gen 8).

I agree. However, I would say that Gen 7 should be exclusive to the New Nintendo 3DS. That way, there will be more power to work with for a new game engine. I mean, the New Nintendo 3DS can handle about the power of a Wii, as shown by Xenoblade. So, I'd like if Gen 7 was a New Nintendo 3DS game. We'd still get a fantastic (hopefully) new technology boost, making it a good improvement over Gen 6, and it would feel more separate than Gens 4 and 5 were (since both could play on every DS model). It would be more like a Gen 1-2 jump, which I find attractive, as long as it comes soon before the 3DS starts nearing the end of its (expectedly quite long) lifecycle. Another reason for using the New Nintendo 3DS is this: The New model has given a great new breath of air into the 3DS lifespan. Unlike new models of the DS and such, the New 3DS actually has a great power boost in its technology, just like a totally new handheld would provide! A whole new generation (general gaming) of games could be housed on the New 3DS, taking the 3DS lifespan up to, maybe even, 2019 or so. That would be enough time, as well, for Pokemon to have its 7th Gen exclusively on the New 3DS.

Completely agree with you. I don´t know why everybody seems in a hurry for a new console, so soon after the New 3DS came out. It´s like they make the BEST 3DS model, which corrects the problems the original 3DS has, and start a new console. It makes no sense. I think the 3ds should keep being the newest Nintendo model.

Only one detail, about gen 7 being New Nintendo exclusive, and uncompatible with 3DS/2DS, i think its not a bad idea, but... I still don´t have the "New 3DS model"so in case I still don´t own it when Gen 7 comes out, would prefer to be able to play gen 7 on my 2DS (i got a 2DS, cause I read the first 3DS had many 3d problems, all of which seem to be corrected in the New model).

Gen VI:

Gen VII:

Oh yes I am a Hoenn fan. If you think I'm bad now for Kanto, you'd see what I was like debating Hoenn remakes pre-ORAS announcement. Ruby was my first game, Emerald was my third and favorite for a very long time until HGSS. I got all seven gold symbols in the Battle Frontier, and to answer your question, I do want DLC for the Battle Frontier in ORAS, but it seems like it may not happen, but I do want it nonetheless.

Oh, and the argument I always faced there was that since all Hoenn Pokemon are obtainable or otherwise transferable, that Hoenn remakes are not needed. You see how that one turned out.

Gen VI:

Gen VII:

Oh yes I am a Hoenn fan. If you think I'm bad now for Kanto, you'd see what I was like debating Hoenn remakes pre-ORAS announcement. Ruby was my first game, Emerald was my third and favorite for a very long time until HGSS. I got all seven gold symbols in the Battle Frontier, and to answer your question, I do want DLC for the Battle Frontier in ORAS, but it seems like it may not happen, but I do want it nonetheless.

Oh, and the argument I always faced there was that since all Hoenn Pokemon are obtainable or otherwise transferable, that Hoenn remakes are not needed. You see how that one turned out.

Ok, that explains a lot XD.

But do you think OR/AS is complete enough as it is or really NEEDS a DLC. Me personally, I only feel the BF is needed. The rest, I find completely fine.

Okay, for the sake of having a civil discussion and not run in circles, what would the point of remakes over sequels be? More importantly how would revisiting base Kanto and base RG be unexpected compared to a sequel to the first two gens(bar visiting Johto) and a conclusion to the mega plot to celebrate the 20th? Like, wouldn't it be preferable to have Red and Green as active NPCs with developed personalities, helping you out? Or the region severely developed after 10+ years of progression? And in general, the 20th would most likely celebrate every aspect in the series in someway, so how would that contextually make sense with rg Kanto? I see you guys spouting that re remakes make sense because of reasons like new players, nostalgia and so forth, but what would be the advantage to it? More importantly, I just see it as an acceptance that GF isn't even trying anymore, and that pure nostalgia trips are worthwhile over something major, like a hge time skip which has never been done in the series of games, but has been done and explored in the manga.

Question. What do you mean about the NX? What new thing? They already have a home console and a hand held console. So how is the NX not replacing one of them? Except if it is not a console at all, but rather an online service. Or something related to Mobiles, and with no relation with Pokemon?

Nintendo itself said that the NX will be a new thing. They even said there's going to be a new membership service that works across the 3DS, Wii U, NX, and other stuff such as computers and phones. If it's going to work on all three of their consoles, then of course they won't get replaced.

Ok, that explains a lot XD.

But do you think OR/AS is complete enough as it is or really NEEDS a DLC. Me personally, I only feel the BF is needed. The rest, I find completely fine.

I agree. Just the BF and a compatibility DLC for XY to ORAS and I'd be happy with the games we have so far. For me it goes Hoenn > Kalos > Kanto/Sinnoh > Johto > Unova, and like you I still do like them all. I'm anxious to see what, if any, will be announced within the next 30 days or so.

Okay, for the sake of having a civil discussion and not run in circles, what would the point of remakes over sequels be? More importantly how would revisiting base Kanto and base RG be unexpected compared to a sequel to the first two gens(bar visiting Johto) and a conclusion to the mega plot to celebrate the 20th? Like, wouldn't it be preferable to have Red and Green as active NPCs with developed personalities, helping you out? Or the region severely developed after 10+ years of progression? And in general, the 20th would most likely celebrate every aspect in the series in someway, so how would that contextually make sense with rg Kanto? I see you guys spouting that re remakes make sense because of reasons like new players, nostalgia and so forth, but what would be the advantage to it? More importantly, I just see it as an acceptance that GF isn't even trying anymore, and that pure nostalgia trips are worthwhile over something major, like a hge time skip which has never been done in the series of games, but has been done and explored in the manga.

I'm all for time skips and sequels after we complete the timeline of the mega-universe.

Gen VI:

Gen VII:

Maybe he's a Pokemon fan first and a Hoenn fan second? We just had Hoenn literallly a couple of months ago, it's not even been a whole year, in fact not even 6 months yet (will reach this threshold in 2 days)

So I think we can understand if a Hoenn fan isn't calling for another Hoenn instalment literally less than 6 months after we just got one. (Though I have seen a few fans out there calling for more hoenn.

Let's look region by region (and no i dont count the hollow gen 2 Kanto as a main kanto visit, its a rushed hollow postgame.)

Kanto last visited 11 years ago
Sinnoh last visited 6 years ago
Johto last visited 5 years ago
Unova last visited 3 years ago
Kalos last visited 1 and a half years ago
Hoenn last visited half a year ago

And now tell me which region we need to revisit most???

Are you implying Im a Hoenn fan before a Pokemon fan? LOL

Don´t judge poeple like that. Im a Pokemon fan in general and only have a slight preference for Hoenn over the rest of regions. As I have said, I LIKE ALL REGIONS A LOT. Capisci?

Oh, and where do you see me saying next should come a Hoenn game? I was talking about a BF DLC, not a new Hoenn based game. Learn to read before you judge.

Last edited:
And that's fine enough, but what would be the advantage of such a release? What reason is there outside od the timeline to play through the games again? There is nothing you cando with Kamto that frlg hasn't. Right now the games are the barest and smallest ones, and to bring the region up to current standards would alter the games so much that theyarr barely remakes anymore. At which point sequels would be much more understandable.

And that's fine enough, but what would be the advantage of such a release? What reason is there outside od the timeline to play through the games again? There is nothing you cando with Kamto that frlg hasn't. Right now the games are the barest and smallest ones, and to bring the region up to current standards would alter the games so much that theyarr barely remakes anymore. At which point sequels would be much more understandable.

The difference between remakes and sequels are the key characters. That's what made ORAS remakes instead of sequels. As long as Red/Leaf set out with Blue as a rival, as per Oak's request, face Giovanni as the head of team rocket, and challenge Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, Lance, and Blue for the league, it's a remake. They did a lot of things to revamp Hoenn, yet keep it the same story.

Question. What do you mean about the NX? What new thing? They already have a home console and a hand held console. So how is the NX not replacing one of them? Except if it is not a console at all, but rather an online service. Or something related to Mobiles, and with no relation with Pokemon?

Nintendo itself said that the NX will be a new thing. They even said there's going to be a new membership service that works across the 3DS, Wii U, NX, and other stuff such as computers and phones. If it's going to work on all three of their consoles, then of course they won't get replaced.

That´s what I hope they do, cause I´m a fan of the 3DS (New 3DS) and don´t think a new handheld is needed.

I agree. Just the BF and a compatibility DLC for XY to ORAS and I'd be happy with the games we have so far. For me it goes Hoenn > Kalos > Kanto/Sinnoh > Johto > Unova, and like you I still do like them all. I'm anxious to see what, if any, will be announced within the next 30 days or so.

Yes, the compatibility gap being fixed, which is, in my opinion, imperative. They can´t make games uncompatible between. It´s ilogical.

But my guess is, it won´t be fixed until next generation (Gen 7).

@Meta Boss

Or maybe... They're withholding compatibility DLC to link XY and ORAS with.... KANTO REMAKES which would have new megas that would need a compatibility DLC anyways. Why do one twice when you can do one at the end of the Generation?!

@Meta Boss

Or maybe... They're withholding compatibility DLC to link XY and ORAS with.... KANTO REMAKES which would have new megas that would need a compatibility DLC anyways. Why do one twice when you can do one at the end of the Generation?!

Your idea is good. Let´s hope they do that. But in case they decide to finish Generation 6 with a Kalos contiunation pair, in stead of Kanto remakes, the same idea is still valid (compatibility patch being released at the end)...

Either way, I hope no matter what gen 6 game you are playing, you can enjoy all megas from the generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom