• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So wait, has Famitsu really said anything yet? It's still the 20th here and I think it should be around 1AM there in Japan if it's the 21st there.

The Famitsu info about possible news on a game release is faked or just a rumor lying around. There's nothing new from Famitsu except Hoopa's signature move announcement and Gengar joining the lineup of Pokken.

Whether we get any Kanto game or not will completely set the stage for Gen VII. If we get a Kanto game, then the chances of a Johto remake that takes place 3 years later is basically guaranteed, which also means Sinnoh remakes too, all after that Gen's new paired versions, of course.

My personal guess is: we will get 2 Kalos sequels.

I would prefer a (semi)remake first and a third Kalos game after, as a Generation finale. But I doubt they´re doing that. They´ve never had a third version for a remake, but a double version.

But whatever they decide to be their next game, i want a BF app before that. And that app could actually be compatible with the whole generation, not only ORAS.

If not, I want a LOGICAL REASON to explain the BF´s abscense.

"we didn´t have time" or "nowadays players are not interested in playing that long" do NOT count like valid answers.

I would like a serious answer. Like: "Now we are more focused on making online competitive play easier, so an in- game AI-tough-BF would be redundant, since now the tough Battles are online." That, for example I would accept as a valid point, although I still don´t like it.

Because it´s true, Emerald had the BEST battle facilities till now, but it didn´t have such an enhanced Online- Player system like ORAS does. It didn´t have an online Player system.

Last edited:
Whether we get any Kanto game or not will completely set the stage for Gen VII. If we get a Kanto game, then the chances of a Johto remake that takes place 3 years later is basically guaranteed, which also means Sinnoh remakes too, all after that Gen's new paired versions, of course.

I would prefer a (semi)remake first and a third Kalos game after, as a Generation finale. But I doubt they´re doing that. They´ve never had a third version for a remake, but a double version.

But whatever they decide to be their next game, i want a BF app before that. And that app could actually be compatible with the whole generation, not only ORAS.

"we didn´t have time" or "nowadays players are not interested in playing that long" do NOT count like valid answers.

I would like a serious answer. Like: "Now we are more focused on making online competitive play easier, so an in- game AI-tough-BF would be redundant, since now the tough Battles are online." That, for example I would accept as a valid point, although I still don´t like it.

Because it´s true, Emerald had the BEST battle facilities till now, but it didn´t have such an enhanced Online- Player system like ORAS does. It didn´t have an online Player system.

I fell in love with the original Frontier and their Brains. I want them too. I got all the gold symbols in Emerald, and man was it hard.

I fell in love with the original Frontier and their Brains. I want them too. I got all the gold symbols in Emerald, and man was it hard.

Same with me :) I played the BF much longer than the actual game! But back then (2005- 2006) I didn´t have a clue what IV´s an EV´s were. So my team wasn´t superstrong, although it was good and had high IV´s (far fromperfect though) and many wasted EV´s in useless ways,like my metagross special attack... which he never used. And I still managed to get all the Silver Symbols and was super proud of myself.

But all the Gold ones??? Did you know about IV´s and EV´s back then? Cause that would help with the Gold Symbols a lot...

Same with me :) I played the BF much longer than the actual game! But back then (2005- 2006) I didn´t have a clue what IV´s an EV´s were. So my team wasn´t superstrong, although it was good and had high IV´s (far fromperfect though) and many wasted EV´s in useless ways,like my metagross special attack... which he never used. And I still managed to get all the Silver Symbols and was super proud of myself.

But all the Gold ones??? Did you know about IV´s and EV´s back then? Cause that would help with the Gold Symbols a lot...

I didn't breed for IVs, but I had a lot of money for vitamins so all my Pokemon had very even ev splits of 10 hp/100 everything else. My team was Swampert, Crobat, Metagross, Salamence, Typhlosion, and Raichu. Most of my Pokemon were mixed attackers as I had no concept of physical or special since they weren't categorized by move but by type, and I had no concept of certain types being one or the other. However I did this in 2010 because I remember HGSS being announced or whatever and I was still trying to get the symbols for the Frontier. For the Battle Factory I had gotten a Latios that I never traded back because it was absolutely amazing but I don't remember the specifics about it.

I have a lot of memories from Emerald. My final round of the Pike, to battle Lucy for Gold, I was so lucky with my door picks I didn't get any status ailments or conduct any battles, I picked the right doors all the way through. I remember playing through the facilities so often I'd run into the same trainer several times and create a mental rivalry with them, the Battle Dome was my absolute favorite. I love tourney brackets, that's why I admired the PWT in a similar fashion.

I didn't breed for IVs, but I had a lot of money for vitamins so all my Pokemon had very even ev splits of 10 hp/100 everything else. My team was Swampert, Crobat, Metagross, Salamence, Typhlosion, and Raichu. Most of my Pokemon were mixed attackers as I had no concept of physical or special since they weren't categorized by move but by type, and I had no concept of certain types being one or the other. However I did this in 2010 because I remember HGSS being announced or whatever and I was still trying to get the symbols for the Frontier. For the Battle Factory I had gotten a Latios that I never traded back because it was absolutely amazing but I don't remember the specifics about it.

I don´t remember the specifics. I remember my team included Metagross, Swampert, Salamence, Gardevoir, Slaking, and Hariyama. I think they did pretty well, for a non- Ev trained mons... :)

Oh, and my favourite Battle Facility is the Dome, and my favourite Ace is Tucker. He´s just awesome. And we seem to have a similar Pokemon taste , Metagross, Chrizard, Swampert, Latios, and Salamence being also some of my favourites.

I think this new announcement is very exciting.

Interestingly, just as Hoopa's Pokedex entry suggested a hidden secret power, or forme, Arceus entry too talks about its 1000 arms which it created the world with, yet the Arceus we know has 0 arms. And I'm sure Game Freak won't have missed the fact that the God they have created is now outmatched by both Mega Rayquaza and the Mega Mewtwos.

As someone else has mentioned the Gen 1 legends are all very much absent, and when is Mega Charizard Y ever going to raise it's head in the anime?
I think a new game announcement is definitely in the pipeline, and forgive me for thinking the 20th anniversary announcement won't just be business as usual.

It's a long held theory that Arceus' 1,000 arms are Unown, which is implied in both the anime (Unown inhabit the dimensions of Arceus' children, Dialga and Palkia) and the games (Arceus is found in a place where the inhabitants of Alph and Solaceon met, both being the only places to find Unown in Generation 4). So any Mega, Primal or Ultimate Forme should incorporate arms that resemble the Unown. I hope.

I think it would be really interesting if you have to obtain all of the Unown forms in order to have Arceus Mega-evolve/Primal/what-have-you. Although, since you can only have 6 'mons in your party, maybe they could make a special Item that is in some way closely connected with the Unown, and can only activate once all Unown forms have been caught.

I think you should only need the A, R, C, E, U and S Unown Formes to unlock Arceus' arms, honestly. When we get the Sinnoh remakes in 2019 (Kanto was 2004, Johto was 2009, Hoenn 2014, so... :p ) they should expand the Hall of Origin to be an actual castle in the sky and have us solve tons of crazy puzzles with only a team of Unown. Only the worthiest players could get to unlock a Key Item called Arms Of Arceus, which would unlock Arceus' true Forme (and give it a 200 BST boost.)

Y'know, similar to the overly complicated Regi plot in R/S/E/OR/AS (especially getting Regigigas in OR/AS, that was unbearable...)

I think that will be a sequel or prequel for X/Y, with Zygard having a important role. And the "exclusive" feauture will be the new mega evolutions obtained only through this third games.

Some ideas/solutions: Put Hoenn Continent in the post game, similar to Gold and Silver. In this third game, be possible to fight in BF with May and/or Brendam as the new brains, in the same way we face champion Red in GSC. The rivals Shauna and Tierno or Shauna and Trevor for protagonists. Expand the conception of the Kalos War. Its really interesting.

Interestingly, just as Hoopa's Pokedex entry suggested a hidden secret power, or forme, Arceus entry too talks about its 1000 arms which it created the world with, yet the Arceus we know has 0 arms. And I'm sure Game Freak won't have missed the fact that the God they have created is now outmatched by both Mega Rayquaza and the Mega Mewtwos.

As someone else has mentioned the Gen 1 legends are all very much absent, and when is Mega Charizard Y ever going to raise it's head in the anime?
I think a new game announcement is definitely in the pipeline, and forgive me for thinking the 20th anniversary announcement won't just be business as usual.

It's a long held theory that Arceus' 1,000 arms are Unown, which is implied in both the anime (Unown inhabit the dimensions of Arceus' children, Dialga and Palkia) and the games (Arceus is found in a place where the inhabitants of Alph and Solaceon met, both being the only places to find Unown in Generation 4). So any Mega, Primal or Ultimate Forme should incorporate arms that resemble the Unown. I hope.

I think it would be really interesting if you have to obtain all of the Unown forms in order to have Arceus Mega-evolve/Primal/what-have-you. Although, since you can only have 6 'mons in your party, maybe they could make a special Item that is in some way closely connected with the Unown, and can only activate once all Unown forms have been caught.

I think you should only need the A, R, C, E, U and S Unown Formes to unlock Arceus' arms, honestly. When we get the Sinnoh remakes in 2019 (Kanto was 2004, Johto was 2009, Hoenn 2014, so... :p ) they should expand the Hall of Origin to be an actual castle in the sky and have us solve tons of crazy puzzles with only a team of Unown. Only the worthiest players could get to unlock a Key Item called Arms Of Arceus, which would unlock Arceus' true Forme (and give it a 200 BST boost.)

Y'know, similar to the overly complicated Regi plot in R/S/E/OR/AS (especially getting Regigigas in OR/AS, that was unbearable...)

Sorry, but a +200 BST for the already superpowerful 720 BST Arceus, would completely break the already unbalanced competitive battles. 920 BST Arceus? Really????

PD I dislike Arceus, I personally think with him, GF crossed a line they shouldn´t, but that is a different discussion.

Sorry, but a +200 BST for the already superpowerful 720 BST Arceus, would completely break the already unbalanced competitive battles. 920 BST Arceus? Really????

PD I dislike Arceus, I personally think with him, GF crossed a line they shouldn´t, but that is a different discussion.

The only thing that would do is move Arceus from Uber to banned, which tbh, it would be kinda funny if enough legendaries got banned to make a tier above Uber. Lol

The only thing that would do is move Arceus from Uber to banned, which tbh, it would be kinda funny if enough legendaries got banned to make a tier above Uber. Lol

Yes, that´s true... But Still, Mega Rayquaza is in that tier already, and it "only" has a 780 BST. A 920 Arceus woul need its own tier: the GF abuse tier.

+100 would be fine. 780 Mega Rayquaza vs. 820 Arceus True Form.

Yes, 820 would be ok...

I imagine Primal Dialga and/or Palkia might be put in that category as well, they're arguably more capable than Groudon or Kyogre.

Normal Palkia and Dialga are BST 680, while Groudon and Kyogre are 670 (not Primal forms). So Primal Palkia and Dialga are presumably going to be 780 BST.

Perfect. Right up there with Asteroid Piercer.

Well shit, all theories just got by a bus. Super Mystery Dungeon for Spring in the EU definitely means there is no main game for this winter or next February. Maybe the next games can be summer releases, like DP, or we can literally be waiting a good ywar and a half to play new games. If winter 2016 sees a gen 6 release though, then we realy are going to deep uncharted territory. I mean the aneaybe has 8-9 months shelf time for the league, and with no new games til them, there is no new game content to create a filler arc. I am now stumped....

Well shit, all theories just got by a bus. Super Mystery Dungeon for Spring in the EU definitely means there is no main game for this winter or next February. Maybe the next games can be summer releases, like DP, or we can literally be waiting a good ywar and a half to play new games. If winter 2016 sees a gen 6 release though, then we realy are going to deep uncharted territory. I mean the aneaybe has 8-9 months shelf time for the league, and with no new games til them, there is no new game content to create a filler arc. I am now stumped....

That doesn't prove anything. Side games rarely affect the main games and their releases. Sometimes a main and side game come out around the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom