• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That being said, I don't know if the next villain should be Lysandre. A platinum-ish story expansion is welcome, but a more relatable villain could be better. Or someone downright evil like Ghetsis.

Well we could add Cipher to the mix as a similarly named Kalosian branch (something to the effect of Sifr) Surely they'd be interested in the Ultimate Weapon's effects and mixing that with Shadow Pokemon and there is still that redheaded dude wanting to revive Cipher at the end of XD

Eldes? I think you mean Ardos, the guy with the blue hair. Eldes was the one who sides with the player and convinces Greevil(him and Ardos' father) to put an end to Cipher.

About Masuda... yeah, I think that's a little something to watch out for. He might be going there to showcase the new PMD, but that wouldn't really make a lot of sense(maybe?) because Game Freak doesn't make those games. That'd be kinda funny if they were to showcase PMD and then announce the next main series installment at the same time, no? By funny, I mean how the fandom to react to something like that if it were to happen.

I made a blog post about this, but all 720 in PSMD means no Volcanion. Now, that could mean its not playable and its reveal is sometime in the fall afterwards, or like I said in my blog, Volcanion is the February surprise for movie 19 and its reveal is way off. That is not the big bit. Zygarde, which has been shafted for two years now in all media is available obviously. And in a game that has legendaries central to the plot. I dunno if this is a first or if the same happened with giratina in EoT/EoD, but its still interesting. With no Volcanion till 2016, and Zygarde finally popping up elsewhere outside of XY, I do think we are close to something. Close is relative though, the above makes me think I was right, we are looking towards early 2016 the earliest for a reveal, let alone a release.

Wait, they confirmed all 720? :D Where?

In the direct today for Japan.

As for Masuda, its strange, but a bit hype inducing at the same time. Nintendo's presser is a prerecorded video not live, so its not like he is there to start doing stage rehersals. On the other hand though, I can only assume that when it comes to E3, you do have to be there a bit early, but not this early. Could be for Pre E3 shows like on gametrailers and gttv or what not. Which even then would be crazy, cause Masuda's presence at E3 would mean a lot. 20th anniversary plan announcements at the lrast if this is the case.

Maybe he's going to appear in E3 and address all the complaints from X/Y/ORAS, and then effectively announcing his resignation from Game Freak?

I shouldn't joke like that.... it wasn't very nice.

In the direct today for Japan.

As for Masuda, its strange, but a bit hype inducing at the same time. Nintendo's presser is a prerecorded video not live, so its not like he is there to start doing stage rehersals. On the other hand though, I can only assume that when it comes to E3, you do have to be there a bit early, but not this early. Could be for Pre E3 shows like on gametrailers and gttv or what not. Which even then would be crazy, cause Masuda's presence at E3 would mean a lot. 20th anniversary plan announcements at the lrast if this is the case.

If I'm reading it correctly, someone asked Masuda if he's attending E3 and he replied no; he's going to Los Angeles for something else. Although, that might be poor translation because the timing is too coincidental.

Last edited:
If it's anything, I'd say Junichi Masuda would only be at E3 to announce a date in sometime during July about a "huge Pokémon announcement" to be made on that date in July. Just as a way to get everyone hyped for what is going to be announced on that day in July. And that... will be when we'll all be thinking "Oh yes, it's the seventh generation for sure". A repeat of what happened in January 2013 when Pokémon X and Y were announced in a Pokémon Direct.

I dunno if we knew the date before, but the Pokemon Boutique opens on June 6th, this Saturday in other worss. Masuda going to LA is provably dor that, so either we had a brain fart and forogt about the boutique, or if this is news then the mystery is solved.

I don't know if this indicates anything but if it does, Pokemon TV is showcasing the entire first season. It might be an indication of what's going to be announced at E3 :D

There is also a rumour about the next japanese TCG-Set could be focused on Mega-Mewtwo X and Mega-Mewtwo Y. Furthermore they will distribute the Kanto-Starters via serial codes at the "Pokémon Lab: You do it! You discover!"-exhibition in Japan. Could this be coincidence? I would really like to see an announcement of Kanto-Remakes/Sequels happen at E3. Probably with Mega-Mewtwo X and Mega-Mewtwo Y on the box arts.

I really hope it's a Kanto sequel if a Kanto game is to happen in Generation 6. The remakes wouldn't really be doing anything other than "KANTO IN 3D + BLUE/GREEN AND GIOVANNI WITH MEGAS AND MORE NEW MEGA EVOLUTIONS" and we do already know about what happens there in the Megaverse.

I really hope it's a Kanto sequel if a Kanto game is to happen in Generation 6. The remakes wouldn't really be doing anything other than "KANTO IN 3D + BLUE/GREEN AND GIOVANNI WITH MEGAS AND MORE NEW MEGA EVOLUTIONS" and we do already know about what happens there in the Megaverse.

What happens there in the Megaverse? And please don't say Origins is the storyline of Kanto in the Mega Evolution universe; it had less content than FRLG (the Kanto region in the non-Mega Evolution universe).

I'm honestly starting to think we won't get Kanto remakes/sequels......Idk all this giving the original starters away thing has me thinking this. If there was gonna b a remake or sequel then wouldn't it serve them better to hold off on giving away a second wave of Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle? I mean we already got one of them in X and Y. If they were thinking of doing Kanto again wouldn't it makes sense for them to NOT give away the starters available in that game? I'm not saying they won't possibly have something special planned, but it just seems less likely to me. People may think that these events r a sign of Kanto's return as a main region, but I think it's just flooding the market for it. Maybe there will b hints and nods to Kanto in the next game, but unless they for whatever reason give away the Kalos starters in Kanto I don't think we're going there for a full adventure.........Maybe a quick visit?

What happens there in the Megaverse? And please don't say Origins is the storyline of Kanto in the Mega Evolution universe; it had less content than FRLG (the Kanto region in the non-Mega Evolution universe).

I don't understand why some people don't want to consider Origins as the Kanto "story" in the Megaverse. It is exactly how the storyline would be, but with Blue/Green and Giovanni having Mega Evolutions. And why does it matter if it had less content? They didn't have to include the entire game. It focused on the important parts of the Kanto storyline besides the Sevii Islands.

-

A Kanto remake would push the Kalos starters out of the spotlight, it would give the Kanto starters more attention than they actually need this Generation. Kanto starters already overhyped the Kalos starters in X/Y, why should the last two games be Kanto remakes? That would just show they treated the Kalos starters poorly.

I'm honestly starting to think we won't get Kanto remakes/sequels......Idk all this giving the original starters away thing has me thinking this. If there was gonna b a remake or sequel then wouldn't it serve them better to hold off on giving away a second wave of Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle? I mean we already got one of them in X and Y. If they were thinking of doing Kanto again wouldn't it makes sense for them to NOT give away the starters available in that game? I'm not saying they won't possibly have something special planned, but it just seems less likely to me. People may think that these events r a sign of Kanto's return as a main region, but I think it's just flooding the market for it. Maybe there will b hints and nods to Kanto in the next game, but unless they for whatever reason give away the Kalos starters in Kanto I don't think we're going there for a full adventure.........Maybe a quick visit?

Yeah, they wouldn't really give out the Kanto starters again in Japan and then give them out for a third time in a Kanto remake/sequel. It's most likely the last two games are Kalos or new region games instead of Kanto games.

Well Kanto had less content then Hoenn, hence the desire for sequels (well that and non-Geewunners [Hell maybe some Geewunners too] being bored with the games plot)

However here's the thing. The goal of Origins was to adapt the Kanto games, there is no indication that it takes place in the anime (in fact considering that Ash was Red's anime counterpart. Oak being subject to Other Darrin and Blue's characterization in general, there more evidence AGAINST it being canon to the mainstream anime then for. And since Pokemon Special already covered RBGY and FRLG)

Furthermore RGBY's plot was pretty barebones from the start. All Red did was:
  • Recive a Starter
  • Beat all 8 Gyms
  • Stop Giovanni and his mob (and yes Mob is the forrect term for groups like the Malfias and Yakuza, which Team Rocket closely resembles)
  • Beat the Elite 4 and Champion

The thing with Mewtwo is postgame stuff. And if we assume that the 1st and 3rd generation games are still relatively concurrent then that would mean that Original would take place during Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, which already established what happened during that time regarding the new lore introduced in X/Y (AZ visited Hoenn, Megas were first discovered by the Draconids, etc.) So apart for that, what else could Kanto remake do. They can't add the Battle Frontier (that would need a retcon, and if they wanted to add it int he first place, then it'd be more appropriate in OR/AS), they can't really jam the legendaries there (Unless they add the rest of the Mystical pokemon, but that might render events pointless) and anything that would be relevant to X/Y's story would be rendered anachronistic or redundant. Sequels to Kanto (and Johto by extension) would ensure there would be a way to tie up certain loose ends and provide a remake that can appeal to people that are not already obsessed with Kanto.

I don't understand why some people don't want to consider Origins as the Kanto "story" in the Megaverse. It is exactly how the storyline would be, but with Blue/Green and Giovanni having Mega Evolutions. And why does it matter if it had less content? They didn't have to include the entire game. It focused on the important parts of the Kanto storyline besides the Sevii Islands.

-

A Kanto remake would push the Kalos starters out of the spotlight, it would give the Kanto starters more attention than they actually need this Generation. Kanto starters already overhyped the Kalos starters in X/Y, why should the last two games be Kanto remakes? That would just show they treated the Kalos starters poorly.

Technically speaking, Giovanni didn't have mega evolutions. Neither did Blue. As for why they would pull "No True Scotsman" on Origins. I have a sneaking suspicion that the medium was the reason for that.

Also Last I checked, Geewunners don't consider anything after the original 151 "true pokemon" So I doubt they'd care if the Kalos starters for the boot, if anything they'd probably celebrate!

Last edited:

I kinda thought that too but there has been instances similar to this and yet it didn't stop remakes/sequels (one that comes to mind is the Legendary Bird trio being available in both Platinum and HGSS). And this is kind of a long shot but I kind of think that Game Freak weren't planning on the separate universe thing when releasing XY, thus not planning on Kanto remakes or even Hoenn remakes. It's just that the demand for Hoenn remakes was so large that Game Freak revealed the multiverse element to keep the original RSE canon. Point being, if Game Freak was planning on Mega Evolution Kanto remakes at the time of developing XY, I highly doubt that the Kanto starters would have been available. But even so, with Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversions and whatever other form of Mega Evolution will be revealed in the future, I don't really think your point applies as much to Generation VI as much as it did previously. For example, what if the Legendary Bird trio were given Mega Evolutions in the Kanto remake? I wouldn't say that them being available in XY has squat to do with the possibility of a Kanto remake if this were to be the case.

-

Technically speaking, Giovanni didn't have mega evolutions. Neither did Blue. As for why they would pull "No True Scotsman" on Origins. I have a sneaking suspicion that the medium was the reason for that.

I wasn't saying they did have Mega Evolutions in Origins, but if they remade Kanto again for what's possibly the third time, then they probably would give Blue/Green and Giovanni Mega Evolutions.

Well Kanto had less content then Hoenn, hence the desire for sequels (well that and non-Geewunners [Hell maybe some Geewunners too] being bored with the games plot)

However here's the thing. The goal of Origins was to adapt the Kanto games, there is no indication that it takes place in the anime (in fact considering that Ash was Red's anime counterpart. Oak being subject to Other Darrin and Blue's characterization in general, there more evidence AGAINST it being canon to the mainstream anime then for. And since Pokemon Special already covered RBGY and FRLG)

Furthermore RGBY's plot was pretty barebones from the start. All Red did was:
  • Recive a Starter
  • Beat all 8 Gyms
  • Stop Giovanni and his mob (and yes Mob is the forrect term for groups like the Malfias and Yakuza, which Team Rocket closely resembles)
  • Beat the Elite 4 and Champion

The thing with Mewtwo is postgame stuff. And if we assume that the 1st and 3rd generation games are still relatively concurrent then that would mean that Original would take place during Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, which already established what happened during that time regarding the new lore introduced in X/Y (AZ visited Hoenn, Megas were first discovered by the Draconids, etc.) So apart for that, what else could Kanto remake do. They can't add the Battle Frontier (that would need a retcon, and if they wanted to add it int he first place, then it'd be more appropriate in OR/AS), they can't really jam the legendaries there (Unless they add the rest of the Mystical pokemon, but that might render events pointless) and anything that would be relevant to X/Y's story would be rendered anachronistic or redundant. Sequels to Kanto (and Johto by extension) would ensure there would be a way to tie up certain loose ends and provide a remake that can appeal to people that are not already obsessed with Kanto.

-

Also Last I checked, Geewunners don't consider anything after the original 151 "true pokemon" So I doubt they'd care if the Kalos starters for the boot, if anything they'd probably celebrate!

I never indicated that I thought Origins was canon to the anime (because I don't). But I don't think it's canon to the games either. I'm pretty sure that Origins is its own canon; if it was to be a replacement for a Kanto game in the Megaverse, I would have expected a lot more than four episodes. Also, Origins seemed to be based off a lot more on the original RBGY games than FRLG (such as the post-League content, Giovanni's plans for after he disbanded Team Rocket, and the lack of knowledge about the Pokemon succeeding the original 151). This is another topic on its own but I'm pretty sure that RBGY and GSC are no longer canon; FRLG and HGSS take their place in the current Pokemon world canon, in my belief.

Since when did the Kalos starters get the boot? Sure, the Kanto starters got ME's while the Kalos starters didn't but none of the other Kalos Pokemon did either (I'm pretty sure that they're saving most of the Kalos ME's for Z/whatever version(s) after the original forms of the Kalos Pokemon are known to the audience for a while). Other than that, I honestly did not see any spotlight that the Kanto starters received. Even though other elements of the franchise (like the anime and Special) hyped up their appearance more than necessary, I did not see how the Kanto starters were more advertised than the Johto/Sinnoh/Unova starters did in ORAS.

Last time I checked, there was never a "canon" starter in the games (and gender for any region other than Kanto). But if Origins was to be considered canon to the games, then Charmander is the "correct" starter. Last time I checked, there was never a "correct" starter. And if there ever was one, then it was Bulbasaur (due to advertising of the original RBGY games 20 years ago).

Last edited:
Let me just say this in regards to Kanto Remakes in Gen 6:

1386249086804.png

The evidence is against the possibility:

• First off there is the staters. Normally you'd be right in saying that the event would not have any bearing on the possibility on remakes. but combined with the other factors this is still damming evedence
  • Next up are the Legendaries. All the Kanto legendaries were found in X/Y. Wouden;t it make more sense to keep at least the birds Gen I remakes/sequels?
  • Next up is the fact that OR/AS esures that one can compelte the pokedex with out Tranporter (this is also evidecne aganst gen VI having more than the 2 pairs)
  • Then we have the fact that Gen V only has 2 pairs of games. One of the reasons being that they could still theoreticallly play FRLG on the DS syatems (this is also evidence for Gen 1 games, but it also seems likely that Gen VI would have 5 games based on that precident)
  • Even then there are rumors of a new Nintendo system going around (the NX) further numbering Gen 6's days

With all that in mind I see a very slim chance of there being Kanto games in Gen 1.

With that said. Game Freak will have to redo the Kanto Games eventually (or put an altered version of FRLG on the Virtual Console). So it possible that we may see Gen 1 games in gen 7 (in fact taking the aforementioned Gen 5 precedent into account we could have remakes follow a pattern of 1-4-2-5 starting with gen 7. Though we'd permanely lost the sequels but considering the NX it seems rather apparent that GF might not want to fill in the plot holes during Gen 6)

Attachments

• 1386249086804.png
    1386249086804.png
    246 KB · Views: 29
Let me just say this in regards to Kanto Remakes in Gen 6:

1386249086804.png

The evidence is against the possibility:

• First off there is the staters. Normally you'd be right in saying that the event would not have any bearing on the possibility on remakes. but combined with the other factors this is still damming evedence
  • Next up are the Legendaries. All the Kanto legendaries were found in X/Y. Wouden;t it make more sense to keep at least the birds Gen I remakes/sequels?
  • Next up is the fact that OR/AS esures that one can compelte the pokedex with out Tranporter (this is also evidecne aganst gen VI having more than the 2 pairs)
  • Then we have the fact that Gen V only has 2 pairs of games. One of the reasons being that they could still theoreticallly play FRLG on the DS syatems (this is also evidence for Gen 1 games, but it also seems likely that Gen VI would have 5 games based on that precident)
  • Even then there are rumors of a new Nintendo system going around (the NX) further numbering Gen 6's days

With all that in mind I see a very slim chance of there being Kanto games in Gen 1.

With that said. Game Freak will have to redo the Kanto Games eventually (or put an altered version of FRLG on the Virtual Console). So it possible that we may see Gen 1 games in gen 7 (in fact taking the aforementioned Gen 5 precedent into account we could have remakes follow a pattern of 1-4-2-5 starting with gen 7. Though we'd permanely lost the sequels but considering the NX it seems rather apparent that GF might not want to fill in the plot holes during Gen 6)

I really don't want to be part of an ugly argument on an online forum so I'll keep it brief and stoic. For the first and second bullets, there has been a case previously where a certain trio of legends could have been exclusive to the remakes but they were also available in the third version (I'm talking about the Legendary Bird trio being available in both Platinum and HGSS). The Kanto starters being available in XY may diminish the possibility of Kanto remakes but it doesn't completely eliminate it. For your third bullet, my rebuttal is not restricted to Kanto remakes; there are still unused moves found in the XY database, specifically Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves. Furthermore, Volcarion still has to be introduced. Generation VI is not over. On top of Kanto remakes, I'm expecting more Kalos game(s) as well. For your fourth bullet, the reason why Gen V was brief with only two games was because the 3DS was already released by the time of B2W2. Game Freak needed to get going.

NOTE: I was gonna edit this into my last post, but that seemed to be greninja'd. If I made a double post, I apologize.

I never indicated that I thought Origins was canon to the anime (because I don't). But I don't think it's canon to the games either. I'm pretty sure that Origins is its own canon; if it was to be a replacement for a Kanto game in the Megaverse, I would have expected a lot more than four episodes. Also, Origins seemed to be based off a lot more on the original RBGY games than FRLG (such as the post-League content, Giovanni's plans for after he disbanded Team Rocket, and the lack of knowledge about the Pokemon succeeding the original 151). This is another topic on its own but I'm pretty sure that RBGY and GSC are no longer canon; FRLG and HGSS take their place in the current Pokemon world canon, in my belief.

Since when did the Kalos starters get the boot? Sure, the Kanto starters got ME's while the Kalos starters didn't but none of the other Kalos Pokemon did either (I'm pretty sure that they're saving most of the Kalos ME's for Z/whatever version(s) after the original forms of the Kalos Pokemon are known to the audience for a while). Other than that, I honestly did not see any spotlight that the Kanto starters received. Even though other elements of the franchise (like the anime and Special) hyped up their appearance more than necessary, I did not see how the Kanto starters were more advertised than the Johto/Sinnoh/Unova starters did in ORAS.

Well I've been playing Pokemon Shuffle for awhile and I noticed that the Kanto starters were placed int he original set of Expert Stages and the Kalos Starters were just getting added in recent updates. The Hoenn starters were int he game before the Kalos starters. There's also the aforementioned event (not to mention the Shiny Charizard event). Even if slightly they do seem to be pushing the Kanto starters for some reason.

Also technically there was a Gen 6 pokemon with a mega (Diancie).

I really don't want to be part of an ugly argument on an online forum so I'll keep it brief and stoic. For the first and second bullets, there has been a case previously where a certain trio of legends could have been exclusive to the remakes but they were also available in the third version (I'm talking about the Legendary Bird trio being available in both Platinum and HGSS). The Kanto starters being available in XY may diminish the possibility of Kanto remakes but it doesn't completely eliminate it. For your third bullet, my rebuttal is not restricted to Kanto remakes; there are still unused moves found in the XY database, specifically Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves. Furthermore, Volcarion still has to be introduced. Generation VI is not over. On top of Kanto remakes, I'm expecting more Kalos game(s) as well. For your fourth bullet, the reason why Gen V was brief with only two games was because the 3DS was already released by the time of B2W2. Game Freak needed to get going.

Fair, enough, I concede with your points. I rather not burn this thread in flame( war)s so I shall drop the subject

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom