• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm honestly starting to think we won't get Kanto remakes/sequels......Idk all this giving the original starters away thing has me thinking this. If there was gonna b a remake or sequel then wouldn't it serve them better to hold off on giving away a second wave of Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle? I mean we already got one of them in X and Y. If they were thinking of doing Kanto again wouldn't it makes sense for them to NOT give away the starters available in that game? I'm not saying they won't possibly have something special planned, but it just seems less likely to me. People may think that these events r a sign of Kanto's return as a main region, but I think it's just flooding the market for it. Maybe there will b hints and nods to Kanto in the next game, but unless they for whatever reason give away the Kalos starters in Kanto I don't think we're going there for a full adventure.........Maybe a quick visit?

I kinda thought that too but there has been instances similar to this and yet it didn't stop remakes/sequels (one that comes to mind is the Legendary Bird trio being available in both Platinum and HGSS). And this is kind of a long shot but I kind of think that Game Freak weren't planning on the separate universe thing when releasing XY, thus not planning on Kanto remakes or even Hoenn remakes. It's just that the demand for Hoenn remakes was so large that Game Freak revealed the multiverse element to keep the original RSE canon. Point being, if Game Freak was planning on Mega Evolution Kanto remakes at the time of developing XY, I highly doubt that the Kanto starters would have been available. But even so, with Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversions and whatever other form of Mega Evolution will be revealed in the future, I don't really think your point applies as much to Generation VI as much as it did previously. For example, what if the Legendary Bird trio were given Mega Evolutions in the Kanto remake? I wouldn't say that them being available in XY has squat to do with the possibility of a Kanto remake if this were to be the case.

While I will admit they can do whatever they want whether they release certain Pokemon multiple times or not, I just don't think the cards r on the table as much as people think they r. They could easily release a Kalos based game and give the legendary birds mega evos thru that as they already have some kind of sub plot (important or not) after beating the league. My problem with the starters is that at this point they've been focused on way too much. Charizard already has 2 mega's and while I suppose they could give the other 2 more it just seems redundant. Another thing is that the birds were only available twice at that point in the games. For the starters they have now been released as second starters (in story I might add) in XY, now as promo gifts, and then what as starters again for this Remake/Sequal?? I think it's just too much. It wold me that the Gen 6 starters get very little love in their own Gen and the Kanto starters already don't need the kind of love they're getting. They've had enough love lol As for GameFreak planning what ever comes up, I'm fairly confident that they plan pretty far in advance. I highly doubt that while they were making XY they had no thoughts of ORAS and how they would connect. That would mean that they just make up the stories as they go.

I'm honestly starting to think we won't get Kanto remakes/sequels......Idk all this giving the original starters away thing has me thinking this. If there was gonna b a remake or sequel then wouldn't it serve them better to hold off on giving away a second wave of Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle? I mean we already got one of them in X and Y. If they were thinking of doing Kanto again wouldn't it makes sense for them to NOT give away the starters available in that game? I'm not saying they won't possibly have something special planned, but it just seems less likely to me. People may think that these events r a sign of Kanto's return as a main region, but I think it's just flooding the market for it. Maybe there will b hints and nods to Kanto in the next game, but unless they for whatever reason give away the Kalos starters in Kanto I don't think we're going there for a full adventure.........Maybe a quick visit?

I kinda thought that too but there has been instances similar to this and yet it didn't stop remakes/sequels (one that comes to mind is the Legendary Bird trio being available in both Platinum and HGSS). And this is kind of a long shot but I kind of think that Game Freak weren't planning on the separate universe thing when releasing XY, thus not planning on Kanto remakes or even Hoenn remakes. It's just that the demand for Hoenn remakes was so large that Game Freak revealed the multiverse element to keep the original RSE canon. Point being, if Game Freak was planning on Mega Evolution Kanto remakes at the time of developing XY, I highly doubt that the Kanto starters would have been available. But even so, with Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversions and whatever other form of Mega Evolution will be revealed in the future, I don't really think your point applies as much to Generation VI as much as it did previously. For example, what if the Legendary Bird trio were given Mega Evolutions in the Kanto remake? I wouldn't say that them being available in XY has squat to do with the possibility of a Kanto remake if this were to be the case.

While I will admit they can do whatever they want whether they release certain Pokemon multiple times or not, I just don't think the cards r on the table as much as people think they r. They could easily release a Kalos based game and give the legendary birds mega evos thru that as they already have some kind of sub plot (important or not) after beating the league. My problem with the starters is that at this point they've been focused on way too much. Charizard already has 2 mega's and while I suppose they could give the other 2 more it just seems redundant. Another thing is that the birds were only available twice at that point in the games. For the starters they have now been released as second starters (in story I might add) in XY, now as promo gifts, and then what as starters again for this Remake/Sequal?? I think it's just too much. It wold me that the Gen 6 starters get very little love in their own Gen and the Kanto starters already don't need the kind of love they're getting. They've had enough love lol As for GameFreak planning what ever comes up, I'm fairly confident that they plan pretty far in advance. I highly doubt that while they were making XY they had no thoughts of ORAS and how they would connect. That would mean that they just make up the stories as they go.

Alright, then. I am conceding that there is evidence against more Kanto remakes happening. But how do you guys explain the evidence for Kanto remakes, the main one being the fact that the Delta Episode indicated a universe with Mega Evolutions existing being separate from the one with Mega Evolutions being non-existent? Did the events in Kanto never happen just because Mega Evolutions exist? And Origins was not even designed by Game Freak; it was a completely independent project from the continuity of the games. Is Game Freak going to accept a production made outside their company into their continuity?

@DaPandaBear They don't necessarily have to go back and change anything tho....sure it might leave people wanting to c what Kanto would b like with Mega evos, but at this time they don't have to show it. Maybe down the line, but certainly not now or ever if it's even needed. If they went back and changed older games every time something new was added then we'd eventually run into what we're basically talking about right now, remakes of remakes....which I'm not sure if we'll ever c...at least anytime soon. Personally I'd like to c a new game with a new story in the newest region we just got. Expand on Kalos and make it more interesting than it already is. After that then they can move onto a game in which they've already made twice lol

Is there a "Kanto confirmed" meme yet?

Ask and ye shall revive

KANTO_Comfirmed.png

If there's any more jokes I can add to this, please let me know.

Last edited:
If Kanto re-remakes do happen, i'm going to skip them entirely. Last thing i want to do is to go through the same crap story (if you can call Gen 1 story an actual story) for a third time.

Okay I edited the image a bit because i forgot the Legendaries

FTcd6yM.jpg

If any one wants. i can add weed and Tupac (among other montage parody elements)

an alternate universe said:
And then all of a sudden, The Pokémon Company International announced Pokémon Blazing Red and Pokémon Jade Green with their unexpected surprise! Many people became excited to hear about the remakes of Generation I re-made for a second time. But as time went on... all that was announced between the surprise announcement and it's release in February 27th, 2016... was nothing more than new Mega Evolutions appearing in the game. There were no new Mega Evolutions of the Kanto Starters, but there was new Mega Evolutions for Meganium, Typhlosion and Feraligatr. By the time the games were released, everyone started to play them, only to find out and be disappointed that there was no Johto region in the game. There was only Kanto and the Sevii Islands, just as there was in Pokémon FireRed Version and Pokémon LeafGreen Version. There was not much new stuff added into the game, apart from taking a more Origins-like approach story-wise. The games didn't sell as well as Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. And this was because it lacked much of a storyline, with little to no cutscenes at all. But these games were just fillers to keep people occupied for waiting for the seventh generation installments to be released worldwide in September 2016, exclusive for New Nintendo 3DS; Pokémon Sharp and Pokémon Smooth! After Pokémon Sharp and Pokémon Smooth were released, everyone played happily ever after. The End!

And who knows what could happen ahead of time? We might just end up getting Generation VII mixed with the complete story of Kalos.

So there's enough evidence now that I think we're going back to Kanto. The new TCG set is Mega Mewtwo X and Y. The series is split up into Red and Blue. Then there's the recent Kanto starter event. Sadly Game Freak looks to be revisiting Kanto.

It’s pretty undeniable that anything other than a new generation next year is the equivalent of Game Freak being misleading.

Uh no, it's very deniable. We know that there are two more games that are compatible with XY and ORAS and two unreleased Zygarde moves that point to new forms (plus some unreleased Pokemon like Volcanion and Eternal Flower Floette). It's difficult to say for sure, but a followup to XY (probably a sequel) seems to be the most likely.

It’s pretty undeniable that anything other than a new generation next year is the equivalent of Game Freak being misleading.

Uh no, it's very deniable. We know that there are two more games that are compatible with XY and ORAS and two unreleased Zygarde moves that point to new forms (plus some unreleased Pokemon like Volcanion and Eternal Flower Floette). It's difficult to say for sure, but a followup to XY (probably a sequel) seems to be the most likely.

I'm not saying this without any basis. What was the point of foreshadowing a new region with new Pokemon in XY if we still had to wait until 2017? There have been been countless placeholders in game data before, and Zygarde's existence doesn't guarantee full main series Kalos games. I wouldn't have a problem with more Kalos games if it weren't for the fact that Game Freak had us look forward to a new generation since 2013. What's undeniable here is that Generation VII not being released until 2017 would mean that the Strange Souvenir and the Backpacker who gives it to you are not only misleading, but pointless.

Last edited:
I'm not saying this without any basis. What was the point of foreshadowing a new region with new Pokemon in XY if we still had to wait until 2017? There have been been countless placeholders in game data before, and Zygarde's existence doesn't guarantee full main series Kalos games. I wouldn't have a problem with more Kalos games if it weren't for the fact that Game Freak had us look forward to a new generation since 2013. What's undeniable here is that Generation VII not being released until 2017 would mean that the Strange Souvenir and the Backpacker who gives it to you are not only misleading, but pointless.

There's been countless references to other regions as well, we see them on a regular basis now. So that's not strong enough evidence to conclude that 7th gen is next by itself. Placeholder data is a much stronger indication of what their plans are, because it shows actual work being put in to make a game. I suppose it's entirely possible they could've cancelled a Kalos followup to move on to 7th gen, but it's highly unlikely. It would take an utter disaster for Game Freak to cancel a game like that.

So there's enough evidence now that I think we're going back to Kanto. The new TCG set is Mega Mewtwo X and Y. The series is split up into Red and Blue. Then there's the recent Kanto starter event. Sadly Game Freak looks to be revisiting Kanto.
Well, the Blue Impact/Red Flash could easily represent XY, which they were exclusive to respectively. Plus the pairing in Japan in Red/Green.

Well, the Blue Impact/Red Flash could easily represent XY, which they were exclusive to respectively. Plus the pairing in Japan in Red/Green.

The most famous pairing is Red/Blue though. Blue was released in Japan too. Game Freak is definitely not going to use Green again. New Kanto remakes would definitely use Blue instead of Green. There's a significant amount of focus on Kanto currently and I think there's no doubt anymore that the next games will be Kanto remakes. There's no evidence there will be more Kalos games.

Here's the evidence for Kanto remakes:

• 20th Anniversary is in February
  • Several random Kanto Mega's in ORAS like the Hoenn megas in XY
  • Mega Evolution Act IV colors are Red/Green just like the original games
  • Shiny Magikarp and Shiny Gyarados events next month
  • Dragonite event next month
  • Kanto starters event coming up
  • Pokemon TV App is currently focused on the Indigo league and the first movie
  • The upcoming TCG set is Red/Blue with a focus on Mega Mewtwo X and Y.

There are as many hints for Kanto remakes as there were for Hoenn. Given how much attention Game Freak loves to give Gen 1, there's just no reason why they would not use the 20th Anniversary to go back to Kanto.

Last edited:
The most famous pairing is Red/Blue though. Blue was released in Japan too. Game Freak is definitely not going to use Green again.

Did I just wake up in an parallel universe where the first Gen 1 remakes were FireRed and WaterBlue?

Anyway Looks like I'm going back to editing my "KANTO COMFIRMED" meme page

I'm not even arguing against a Kanto revisit, I just don't think this looks like evidence :/

Blue was released in Japan, but its never been part of the main pair for them. From the original games, to Fire Red & Leaf Green, to the rivals Red & Green in-game (or in Adventures), the JP Origins logo using Red & Green, etc. Its always been that way overseas, so a Blue/Red theme deck being released doesn't look like anything that significant to the possibility to me.

It sooner represents XY if anything, whether there's another Kalos game or not. Mewtwo X was exclusive to X, corresponding with Blue. Same with Y and Red.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom