• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
- They did release Arceus in the US, it was a TRU event for Pokemon Platinum, it wasn't left "undone".

If I remember correctly, Arceus was just that, a distribution. A delivery guy just hands a god Pokemon to you and calls it a day. That one sticks out more than anything else because it is a god Pokemon! I mean, literally, the god of the Pokemon world! It's one of the few Pokemon I wish had a detailed back story in the games. A god Pokemon, and it's pretty much just ignored the rest of the time. The whole thing with not releasing the Azure Flute because it was too complicated to use is just mind-boggling, but whatever.

Last edited:
Re: I read news and rumors

There are plenty of unused moves throughout the entire pokemon game history that were never officially released.

Such as? I only know of one unused Ability: Cacophony, being identical to Soundproof. But never unused moves. So please enlighten me.

I hear you but they didn't release Arceus for the Pokemon Pearl, Diamond, Heart Gold, Soul Silver and Platinum for the USA. They left that undone. I know theKurem game with a true form Kurem with both fused. They left that out even though data mining showed another game was possible after White 2 and Black 2.

Also they never finished Mewtwo; as of yet he still hasn't had his backstory told for Generation 1. I read a rumor a few weeks ago that the next remake will be Yellow version and Mewtwo's story will be finally told in completion in that game.

Um. What? What do you mean Arceus wasn't released?? Yes it was. Arceus was released as an event Pokemon near the release of HGSS. It was never meant to have its own version. I don't think anybody ever thought that. It was released in USA, and I'm pretty sure almost everywhere. So... That was kind of an invalid point.

Also, rumors don't mean anything. Usually. There are a shitload of rumors out there for about every possible scenario of release and none of them are true unless they just get really lucky.

And I already took it out of the quote, but you also mentioned Celebi. Celebi was a Pokemon in a time when legendary mascots were completely new. Lugia and Ho-Oh were the first mascot legends. Celebi, as far as I can tell, was never meant to be the modern day "3rd legenedary mascot" to make a triangle. It was just Gen 2's Mew. It was an event Pokemon, likely without any expectation of a game.

In Gen VII, there would be an abandoned castle,
Items:
Timespace Orbs
X2 Full Restores
Pokemon:
Lucario (50%)
Zoroark (50%)
Dialga/Palkia (If a Gen IV Pokemon native to the region is brought)
Reshiram/Zekrom (If a Gen V Pokemon native to the region is brought)
There will be 500 species in the Local Dex.

I guess I might point this out: I seriously doubt their next main games would be exclusive to the new 3DS. My reasoning: The way they marketed X/Y and ORAS, making it New 3DS exclusive will anger a lot of people.

Basically, Nintendo sold a console known as the Nintendo 2DS in November 2013. Even more, they positioned it as a way to get people to play X/Y in the first place. There were loads of console bundles with the budget model, with the new video games included. It was as if the consoles were designed to sell the games.

Even more, they decided to extend this marketing to ORAS on the 2DS the year after that. This is despite the fact that the bundle for the 2DS were performed just 2 months before the New 3DS was unveiled.

Now, Understand that the New 3DS only has minor performance improvements, and not enough for me to be considered a new generation console. I only know one game that has decided to be exclusive to it. Software has not been changed enough for the new system either...

If they were to make a New 3DS exclusive, imagine all the people who bought the 2DS bundle's view of it: a single console, only one other game reliant on it, for 200 dollars, plus 40 dollars for the game. Will that influence enough people to buy it? I doubt that.

If they did a non 3DS game, I bet it would be for a true Next Generation console, whose specs aren't not yet known - not the New 3DS.

True. A few years after the 3DS was released, they still made B&W and B&W2 on DS

Not quite. The 3DS released in 2011. In Japan, BW was 2010. In other regions, BW was released in 2011. Same year. BW2 were released in 2012, the following year. There's no "few" years. We got Gen VI on the 3DS 2.5 years after the 3DS release.

There are plenty of unused moves throughout the entire pokemon game history that were never officially released.

Such as? I only know of one unused Ability: Cacophony, being identical to Soundproof. But never unused moves. So please enlighten me.

I think he means Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves.

No, I think he's talking about the entire 20 years that Pokemon has been around since he said "the entire history" of Pokemon. Thousand Waves, Thousand Arrows, and Light of Ruin are current ones and the only ones thus far.

The bigger point here is that he's trying to pull stuff out of his butt in order to further justify the false rumor that he's been spreading about GF and TPCi "officially" confirming that ORAS were the last Gen 6 games other than SMD, and refuses to back up his claim with facts and sources. So in all honesty, anything that he posts in regards to that shouldn't be taken seriously.

No, I think he's talking about the entire 20 years that Pokemon has been around since he said "the entire history" of Pokemon. Thousand Waves, Thousand Arrows, and Light of Ruin are current ones and the only ones thus far.

The bigger point here is that he's trying to pull stuff out of his butt in order to further justify the false rumor that he's been spreading about GF and TPCi "officially" confirming that ORAS were the last Gen 6 games other than SMD, and refuses to back up his claim with facts and sources. So in all honesty, anything that he posts in regards to that shouldn't be taken seriously.

I never refused, I refuse to argue with people. Not interested in getting banned or anything. Either you accept it or you don't. There is always Google. And if you can't seem to find what I am talking about that's your problem not mine. Try using different words in the search engine.

I never refused, I refuse to argue with people. Not interested in getting banned or anything. Either you accept it or you don't. There is always Google. And if you can't seem to find what I am talking about that's your problem not mine. Try using different words in the search engine.

Do u kno what the article is called or what website it's on? If so y not just post a link or give some sort of idea to find it so people can for themselves without having to debate and stuff.......it would just make it easier for everyone......Makes no sense for people to get angry over an article that's lost to the internet and will never b found again.....

Let's just ignore any user that makes statements without any evidence or reasoning behind it shall we? This thread has been de-railed enough as is.

Back on topic, does anyone else feel that ORAS was not planned to be released straight after XY? Things in XY that were hidden were mostly things we're expecting to see in the next kalos games, whilst the new moves, abilities, megas, etc that ORAS introduced are no-where to be found. In conjunction with how quickly the games were made in and with the Battle Frontier possibly being cut due to time constraints and finally the small number of new megas, perhaps the 2016 games will be far greater in content compared to the rest of gen 6, one due to the increased development time but two because Gamefreak probably has enough time to properly plan what they want to do and implement.

Well there are still things left to do before leaving gen 6 (hopefully) like Zygarde which is one of three game play legends. Zygarde has 600 bst while the other two have 680, two ground moves have been discovered (Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves) and maybe other things I haven't thought of. It's hard to imagine gen 6 ending especially since one movies has been released and another is on it's way. I think there is still room for two more games and one more movie before next gen. I see Kalos happening more but Kanto could work. But if Kanto remakes happen then the two last game spots are taken which means no Kalos game unless they do one Kalos and one Kanto game. Of course with the current four games we can complete the dex but maybe another mythical pokemon may be available in next game so we have at least one new pokemon to send to previous games. Of course chances are Deoxys was a one-off and there only new things we would see is new forms, megas, storyline etc. I hope the new games have what it takes to top the previous four.

Well there are still things left to do before leaving gen 6 (hopefully) like Zygarde which is one of three game play legends. Zygarde has 600 bst while the other two have 680, two ground moves have been discovered (Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves) and maybe other things I haven't thought of. It's hard to imagine gen 6 ending especially since one movies has been released and another is on it's way. I think there is still room for two more games and one more movie before next gen. I see Kalos happening more but Kanto could work. But if Kanto remakes happen then the two last game spots are taken which means no Kalos game unless they do one Kalos and one Kanto game. Of course with the current four games we can complete the dex but maybe another mythical pokemon may be available in next game so we have at least one new pokemon to send to previous games. Of course chances are Deoxys was a one-off and there only new things we would see is new forms, megas, storyline etc. I hope the new games have what it takes to top the previous four.

There is still Volcanion to reveal officially and give out so there is still one more mythical Pokemon. Im guessing if we get another Kalos game(which I think we probably wil)l, we will get Volcanion for that one.

Do u kno what the article is called or what website it's on? If so y not just post a link or give some sort of idea to find it so people can for themselves without having to debate and stuff.......it would just make it easier for everyone......Makes no sense for people to get angry over an article that's lost to the internet and will never b found again.....

The experience I have with majority no matter what I say on the internet is always "nay say.". Doesn't matter the proof I post it's always denounced and called a forgery or fake. Or some kind of other excuse to make it illegitimate. So I am done with that after 15 years of dealing with it. So I say you want the info that bad go find it yourself. Either you accept what I have shared or you don't. I am not okay with the idea of internet etiquette of "argue everything, everything is false, prove it, if you 'prove it' it's not proof. Let's argue!" Tried of it. Just going to share what I know and you deal with it yourself.

The experience I have with majority no matter what I say on the internet is always "nay say.". Doesn't matter the proof I post it's always denounced and called a forgery or fake. Or some kind of other excuse to make it illegitimate. So I am done with that after 15 years of dealing with it. So I say you want the info that bad go find it yourself. Either you accept what I have shared or you don't. I am not okay with the idea of internet etiquette of "argue everything, everything is false, prove it, if you 'prove it' it's not proof. Let's argue!" Tried of it. Just going to share what I know and you deal with it yourself.

Let me try to understand something. Are you against posting the link? There's honestly zero problem with doing so, and it makes you look like you're conjuring all this when you refuse to post the link. Why not just swap the emotional rant with a link?

Hey guys, this current conversation is derailing the thread. Please do not post unconfirmed info or rumors and present it as official proof or fact about what may happen without providing a source if there is one. There has been no confirmation of any main series game after ORAS, so everything is speculation until something is officially confirmed. Please remain civil in your discussions here. Thanks.

Well anyway I'm still holding out hope for my idea(even if it's a REAL long shot) that if they end up doing 2 games then they do one story, but from the perspective of Kalos in one game and Kanto in the other. That way they can still do Kanto for the 20th anniversary, but not totally snuff the Kalos starters as they need some love lol It prolly won't happen, but I think it would b an interesting way to do it. Would make the same general story re-playable as u'd get it from a different pov. I'm sure there would b people out there that would say it's a money grab......hahaha

Well anyway I'm still holding out hope for my idea(even if it's a REAL long shot) that if they end up doing 2 games then they do one story, but from the perspective of Kalos in one game and Kanto in the other. That way they can still do Kanto for the 20th anniversary, but not totally snuff the Kalos starters as they need some love lol It prolly won't happen, but I think it would b an interesting way to do it. Would make the same general story re-playable as u'd get it from a different pov. I'm sure there would b people out there that would say it's a money grab......hahaha

If I remember correctly doesn't the back packer appear in both games. The one that lists all the previous areas and then say those aren't his areas in X and Y. However in ORAS (if it's the same guy not sure) doesn't he contradict himself by saying that Hoenn is his area?

If I remember correctly doesn't the back packer appear in both games. The one that lists all the previous areas and then say those aren't his areas in X and Y. However in ORAS (if it's the same guy not sure) doesn't he contradict himself by saying that Hoenn is his area?

What.........? I didn't even mention the backpacker hahaha Was he in ORAS? I have no knowledge on what he did or didn't say in ORAS if he is in it...........Either way I hope he didn't contradict himself if it's the same person..........? uh.....well....anyway.....I still like my idea for the next possible game even if it won't ever come true lol

What.........? I didn't even mention the backpacker hahaha Was he in ORAS? I have no knowledge on what he did or didn't say in ORAS if he is in it...........Either way I hope he didn't contradict himself if it's the same person..........? uh.....well....anyway.....I still like my idea for the next possible game even if it won't ever come true lol

No, the SS Backpacker and the Strange Souvenir itself are not in ORAS. For now, it's just an X/Y thing. I've even looked through the entirety of my AlphaSapphire a couple months ago, and no sign of him or the Souvenir.

I brought it up because there is subtle hints that they are going to a new area soon. The backpacker guy in X and Y says that we will see his region "soon" and in this same conversation he lists off, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos. He further states that none of the listed areas are his region. Again in OR/AS there is another backpacker that looks exactly like this guy in question and he says that Hoenn is his area. That he just came back from a trip to Kalos. Another plot thing is the Ghost girl in X and Y. Another one appears behind Phobe of the Elite four in OR/AS the first time you battle her. What are these ghosts for? Could they be links to another region, I don't know. So the point here is that because GameFreak wants to surprise people it's completely possible that they could end the generation 6 games on the ones we already have; X and Y. There could be a Z, there could be a X2 and Y2, it could have ended with OR/AS (gen 6, not gonna argue about it). All we know for sure is that in the games it says "soon" from that particular NPC. Could be nothing but it's interesting that he talks about another area and says we will see it soon. Shoot it's completely possible that GameFreak may never make another core series game again. It was kinda odd that they only released 69 (number could be off by two or three) Pokemon in this one and they are starting to do Mega Evolutions over past Pokemon.

It is interesting that E3 didn't mention any core game to be developed. In fact a lot of people miss understand that the E3 conferences only advertise until fall. But that isn't exactly true. It's quite often the case that they get games advertised that are a year or two away. E3 is specifically for advertising from one E3 to the next. So we don't have any core Pokemon games in the works that will be released until after June of 2016. Pretty much a two year window between OR/AS and another possible game. From my own research it seems that they have a year and a half to two years between generation marks on average.

Pokemon Yellow 1999
Pokemon Gold and Silver 2000
Pokemon Crystal 2001
Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire 2003
Pokemon Emerald 2005
Pokemon Pearl and Diamond 2007
Pokemon Platinum 2009
Pokemon White and Black 2011
Pokemon White 2 and Black 2 2012
Pokemon X and Y 2013
Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire 2014

So as you see the list you can see that multiple generations have 2 years between them. And only two have 1 year between them.

No, the SS Backpacker and the Strange Souvenir itself are not in ORAS. For now, it's just an X/Y thing. I've even looked through the entirety of my AlphaSapphire a couple months ago, and no sign of him or the Souvenir.

Serebii.net ItemDex - Strange Souvenir

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom