• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'm here I'll mention that I saw Serebii Joe reminding that Victini was revealed two weeks after it was shown in the movie teaser. (Kinda funny I forgot about Victini's reveal being similar to this reveal - in a movie teaser - given I was only talking about Victini's reveal in this very thread a few days back.) Doesn't mean same thing will happen here, but gives us hope, at least?

Was Victini revealed in CoroCoro, or some other source? I don't remember. If it was in Coro we could be potentially looking at next month until we know anything new. I don't see any Directs happening either, especially given recent occurences.

So I'm still thinking prequels for the next games in Kalos. Nothing about this new Zygarde forme indicates that to me, I just wanted to say it. I seriously want to know if someone can find that NPC I'm remembering. I think it was a guy? Says that there was another team trying to use the mortality pokemon for their purposes? I don't play my Y as much anymore, and I can't find evidence of that NPC online, but again, maybe I'm not using the right search terms.

I've tried to find it myself, I'm wondering if it's because people aren't talking about it online so much as anything else. I think that would be a nice twist though, and maybe you have past-Lysandre who even participates in the main plot like a friend/rival/whatever? Throughout the plot, you see how he aspires to help people, but then you kinda start to see little hints toward the end that leads to his going downhill.

It's an NPC in Anistar City. I think it's one of the old ladies, and it's definitely in one of the houses by the Pokémon Center. They directly state in both versions that a few years back, another organization was asking around about Xerneas(x)/Yveltal(y). We also know from Hoopa's event that there was a Kalos-based team (due to Hoopa being native to Kalos) that was transported to the middle of the desert by it. Most likely Route 111 in Hoenn (since Mirage Island seems to be Hoopa's hideout), which is how the Prison Bottle got there, or in Orre where the remnants became Cipher. Orre is also closely tied to Hoenn as mentioned in its games, so the Prison Bottle could have made its way to Slateport from Orre somehow.

But considering both the Hoenn games and the first of the Orre games take place at the beginning of the timeline, then this prequel would have to be set about 10 years before X and Y if indeed Hoopa's team is the pre-Flare team.

This is all so confusing.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I FOUND HER! She's in the same house as the plot-relevant guy who tells you the legends of the Mortality duo, and she says-
A few years back, a different group of people came around here, asking the same questions.

So not only is she in Anistar, one of the most mysterious towns, that people are already theorizing might be connected to Z, but Gamefreak put her in a house that everyone that played through the story had to visit. It's like they left her directly in our path as a clue! Ad what's just south of Anistar City? TERMINUS CAVE. GODDAMN I feel like we just busted this wide open, thank you both for helping track her down!

I'm not totally sold on Cipher being Hoopa's team, but perhaps the theory about the route 111 desert has some merit, consider Emerald's Mirage Tower. "Mirage" stuff sure does keep looking like it's being retconned to be about Hoopa (or maybe planned, we don't know how detailed GF's advance planning is).

Well, the same guy who confirmed the timeline of the games was GF's official storyboarder, AKA one of the makers of the plot. And he's been there since Gold and Silver, and has lasted all the way to Omega and Alpha. Safe to assume he prides himself in his work and tries to make sure there are no glaring plot holes in his treatments. (Before someone mentions Sycamore's dialogue about Mega Evolution only been reported in Kalos in X/Y version, it'll probably be retconned in the next version no matter if it's a sequel, prequel or whatever. And that's up to the dialogue people, not the overall plot maker.)

Even if they didn't have Hoopa in mind all the way back in 2003, they certainly could've thought "Hey, since we're remaking Hoenn this generation, maybe we should hint at an explanation for those disappearing desert towers and sea-bound islands!" and either linked it with Hoopa, or created Hoopa, or maybe even altered Hoopa's lore to connect to it. Mirage Tower has gone unmentioned, but Mirage Island has definitely been linked to Hoopa, since there are now multiple islands, many of which have Hoopa's rings.

Anyway, the only true hints we have at something more are:

The Anistar NPC
The Strange Souvenir.

One could be for a future generation, the other could be for a prequel installment to X/Y. We just don't know anything anymore.

I just really hope it's a single installment. My OCD will force me to complete my game collection and I can't afford $80 right now. :XD2:

One could also say the Ghost Girl, Anistar Sundial, Power Plant and Haunted House (Route 14) are all loose ends that need tying up, and you'd be right. Maybe the prequel (which would have to predate ORAS, since the Ghost Girl is seemingly already dead in those games as well) could explain the Ghost Girl's origins, the Anistar Sundial's origins, have you actually live out the story from the Haunted House (a horde battle with "faceless men", which could be Yamask) and you could be the reason most of the Power Plant is off limits.

fdfdfc8521934b50dbfdd06daefca75d-d919b56.png

From here: Colossus of Order by Deltheor on DeviantArt

That is BREATHTAKING. But do we really know for sure that Zygarde's new Forme is going to be bigger than Wailord? That seems... excessive. And yet, I've been dying for a Pokémon that's bigger, considering actual blue whales are almost 200 feet long and Wailord's about as big as a whale shark.

I'm going to make a bet that whoever is that on that picture is nowhere as big as the picture implies and if it's either a form of Zygarde or Volcanion, it's not going to be much bigger than either of the two.

Still, i would be fine with a Kaiju sized pokemon.

While I'm here I'll mention that I saw Serebii Joe reminding that Victini was revealed two weeks after it was shown in the movie teaser. (Kinda funny I forgot about Victini's reveal being similar to this reveal - in a movie teaser - given I was only talking about Victini's reveal in this very thread a few days back.) Doesn't mean same thing will happen here, but gives us hope, at least?

Was Victini revealed in CoroCoro, or some other source? I don't remember. If it was in Coro we could be potentially looking at next month until we know anything new. I don't see any Directs happening either, especially given recent occurences.

Victini was revealed on Pokemon Sunday.

It was revealed on Pokemon Sunday (or whatever its name was at that time) iirc. So it went: teaser at the end of 2010's movie showed Victini and Pokemon Sunday a few weeks later revealed Victini officially. It was then later in the Corocoro that released in August iirc (along with Alomomola and Gigalith iirc) but it was just repeating what Pokemon Sunday had shown iirc. (Lots of "iirc" here haha.)

Of course it's different circumstances (we're not in the middle of new game news right now, for example) but they didn't wait forever to reveal it.

That is BREATHTAKING. But do we really know for sure that Zygarde's new Forme is going to be bigger than Wailord? That seems... excessive. And yet, I've been dying for a Pokémon that's bigger, considering actual blue whales are almost 200 feet long and Wailord's about as big as a whale shark.

It's probably exaggerated by the artist to an extent, like how movie posters have the central figure the largest with supporting cast smaller. But looking at the teaser and its head size when compared to the rest of the body it seems like it could be fairly big. I wouldn't be surprised if it's similar in size to Hoopa-Unbound.

It was revealed on Pokemon Sunday (or whatever its name was at that time) iirc. So it went: teaser at the end of 2010's movie showed Victini and Pokemon Sunday a few weeks later revealed Victini officially. It was then later in the Corocoro that released in August iirc (along with Alomomola and Gigalith iirc) but it was just repeating what Pokemon Sunday had shown iirc. (Lots of "iirc" here haha.)

Of course it's different circumstances (we're not in the middle of new game news right now, for example) but they didn't wait forever to reveal it.

It's probably exaggerated by the artist to an extent, like how movie posters have the central figure the largest with supporting cast smaller. But looking at the teaser and its head size when compared to the rest of the body it seems like it could be fairly big. I wouldn't be surprised if it's similar in size to Hoopa-Unbound.

Well Zygarde from the peak of its crest to the tip of its tail is 16'5" (or 5 meters), while Hoopa Unbound is 21'4" (or 6.5 meters). So they're already similar in size.

I don't remember who it was but someone posted a size comparison a few pages back and if Zygarde keeps its head the same size, it'll be about twice as tall as Wailord (which seems to be about... 20 feet tall? Maybe. It's about twice as long as it is tall.) So maybe it'll be around 50 feet tall. That's INSANE.

Well. After Rayquaza they kinda need to generate a worthwhile hype train...

My body is ready for OP world breaker Zygarde.

Last edited:
Another thing that could hint towards a prequel:

In C
ouriway Town there is this bench near the train station where we can find the following message: "To the person reading this: What are you like now? Did you become who you wanted to be? For starters, what was the person you wanted to become even like? I don't know, but it would be wonderful if you can boast that you're living each day to the fullest. To future Sycamore. From the Sycamore dreaming of the future."

Also Syncamore mentions to have hidden a treasure in Couriway Town. Maybe we are gonna meet a young Syncamore in Z/X2Y2/whatever it is gonna be called...?

I have my own theory. IMO, I don't think we will have 2 Zygarde with 2 different moves. I'm also part of the Gen 6.5 theory.
As you know, the Ygdrasil myth is used in XY with Xerneas and Yveltal.
Yveltal is the divine blind eagle, Xerneas represents the four stags, and at the bottom, the dragon/serpent living in the roots of that tree, Zygarde.
But there are also a hawk, and a squirell.
The squirell is also said to bring conflit between the dragon and the hawk.

From that, I was thinking, this hawk could be Zygarde counterpart. A red hawk, matching Mega Act IV 's title color. The squirell would be the new event pokemon. Aside them, there are three norns known as Past, Present and Future who could easily be the new trio Pokémon like the golem trio.

In C
ouriway Town there is this bench near the train station where we can find the following message: "To the person reading this: What are you like now? Did you become who you wanted to be? For starters, what was the person you wanted to become even like? I don't know, but it would be wonderful if you can boast that you're living each day to the fullest. To future Sycamore. From the Sycamore dreaming of the future."

Also Syncamore mentions to have hidden a treasure in Couriway Town. Maybe we are gonna meet a young Syncamore in Z/X2Y2/whatever it is gonna be called...?

He's referring to Gyarados's mega stone being found in the water area iirc.

In C

He's referring to Gyarados's mega stone being found in the water area iirc.

Maybe, maybe not. This mega stone is not yet available at this point in the game. You can't find it until after elite 4. He could be referring to the stone, he could be referring to the letter or he could be referring to something else not findable yet. But more important for me (and what I was mainly pointing at) is the letter about past Syncamore, which COULD be read as a sign for prequels.

According to Bulbapedia, Sycamore says:

"The strength you've found is simply marvelous! And... You truly love and trust your Pokémon! <player>! A treasure of mine is hidden in this town! If you'd like, try to find it. Well, I'll be off then! I have many preparations I must attend to! I have a little surprise planned for all of you to thank you for fighting Team Flare and saving Kalos!"

I always assumed by treasure, that it was the Gyaradosite and the surprise planned was the parade at the end of X/Y. It's never elaborated upon, though evidence given in game (the hidden/underground mega stones only being findable with the upgraded mega ring during the hour that the sundial is active) suggests that the Gyaradosite was unknown to Sycamore and the note he left in that station is the treasure he reffered to. I wonder if that station will be of importance in the next games. I hope so!

I'm hoping that the note left by Sycamore plays a role in the next games. It seems like a perfect setup to have a story sequence/event there.

In Couriway Town there is this bench near the train station where we can find the following message: "To the person reading this: What are you like now? Did you become who you wanted to be? For starters, what was the person you wanted to become even like? I don't know, but it would be wonderful if you can boast that you're living each day to the fullest. To future Sycamore. From the Sycamore dreaming of the future."

Sycamore's hidden treasure is that same message in the bench. At least that's what I've always thought.

I have my own theory. IMO, I don't think we will have 2 Zygarde with 2 different moves. I'm also part of the Gen 6.5 theory.
Yveltal is the divine blind eagle, Xerneas represents the four stags, and at the bottom, the dragon/serpent living in the roots of that tree, Zygarde.

From that, I was thinking, this hawk could be Zygarde counterpart. A red hawk, matching Mega Act IV 's title color. The squirell would be the new event pokemon. Aside them, there are three norns known as Past, Present and Future who could easily be the new trio Pokémon like the golem trio.

Wait, so a squirrel, a hawk, and a new trio? I think if they were going to add five more legendaries they would've from the beginning. The legendaries are the biggest money-makers. Version-restricted Mega's like the ORAS ones is one thing, it's quite another to make version-restricted legends. Especially when Kalos' roster is so pathetic by itself as is.

I strongly believe that Z will introduce another batch of Pokemon, enough to bring Gen 6 up to 100 or so, and with this new batch will come some new legendaries. I think Z is going to be the most different third game we've ever had, in the sense that it will introduce far more new content and not merely be a clone with minor improvements.

More Megas are a given, maybe 40 or so new Pokemon (perhaps even new starters, though its very unlikely), many new areas for much of the story, a battle frontier, extended trainer customization. Completely new story that follows on from X/Y, maybe even just 2 or 3 years after.

Basically a proper sequel, with enough new content to justify buying it day one.

I strongly believe that Z will introduce another batch of Pokemon, enough to bring Gen 6 up to 100 or so, and with this new batch will come some new legendaries. I think Z is going to be the most different third game we've ever had, in the sense that it will introduce far more new content and not merely be a clone with minor improvements.

More Megas are a given, maybe 40 or so new Pokemon (perhaps even new starters, though its very unlikely), many new areas for much of the story, a battle frontier, extended trainer customization. Completely new story that follows on from X/Y, maybe even just 2 or 3 years after.

Basically a proper sequel, with enough new content to justify buying it day one.
I would really like this to happen. Even though Game Freak has never done this with a third game before, I think it would be a nice idea.

I would really like this to happen. Even though Game Freak has never done this with a third game before, I think it would be a nice idea.

Given that its the first 3DS game, they really have no excuse to not push themselves and give us something extraordinary. Hell, I'd settle for the same story but with 40 or so new Pokemon, but I wont tell GF that :p

Forgive me for being nitpicky here, but Norse mythology doesn't have a blind eagle. The only thing described about its eyes is that the hawk sits between them, but nothing I could find from the mythology states that it was blind.

As for Zygarde getting a new counterpart, I personally doubt it'll be a new Pokemon. Its thing is order, basically keeping the balance of life and death, and when that falls apart it's the one that's supposed to restore it. A counterpart doesn't really fit into that story, life, death and order are a perfect balance with each other and represent how the cycle of life is typically portrayed. So I feel that if we get another counterpart, it'd have to be a second form to Zygarde still serving its role as the third and final aspect of life and death, it'd just be playing the role in a similar way to Kyurem.

Masuda used the phrase "sixth generation" on his blog, so sadly, generations are canon and they will never add new Pokemon mid-generation. ...unless his definition of "generation" is different than ours.

Last edited:
Masuda used the phrase "sixth generation" on his blog, so sadly, generations are canon and they will never add new Pokemon mid-generation. ...unless his definition of "generation" is different than ours.

Well....while generations are in fact canon, they could still add new Pokemon to the next games. What makes each Pokemon in a specific generation is when they were released and what games they were released in. So while sure the "new" Pokemon (if they add any) r exclusive to the new game they would still b part of Gen 6 as they'd all in one way or another b native to Kalos most likely. It would certainly make this generation special as it would b the only gen that has 2 separate sets of Pokemon, but that wouldn't change the fact that they're all in gen 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom