• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to dispel a particular idea that has suddenly boomed since the silhouette was revealed. A number of people are starting to support the idea that theoretical Kalos games next year would have a new region and that the Strange Souvenir could be a depiction of a Zygarde form.

Here's why this is highly unlikely. The Strange Souvenir Pokemon is described to be a protector of an unknown faraway region. Zygarde is described to be a protector of Kalos. If Zygarde is going to get full games, I don't see why they wouldn't take place in Kalos.

The problem with there being two regions in Kalos games is not only that the hinted region is far from Kalos (which wouldn't be necessary if it was intended to be a postgame region in Kalos games), but also that the region is said to have a Champion, and subsequently, an entire Pokemon League. Answer me this: What are the chances of Kalos games having two full regions each with eight gyms, an Elite Four group, and a Champion? That kind of content is better reserved for a new generation. So the next question is, what was Game Freak's reason for including the Strange Souvenir in XY if the new region was going to be released a whole four-year generation later?

I don't think the silhouette/Zygarde Form and the Strange Souvenir are the same thing. I think the Souvenir is more than likely a Gen 7 Pokémon. Those of us who are suggesting that it's not out of the question to include a southern half of Kalos or a Kanto/Johto situation in the next Gen 6 installment aren't even suggesting that the hypothetical 2nd region has anything to do with the Strange Souvenir. Game Freak can introduce a hypothetical Southern Kalos/Johto 2.0 and yet still tease Gen 7 with the Souvenir at the same time if they feel like it, both situations don't have to be related.

I don't think the silhouette/Zygarde Form and the Strange Souvenir are the same thing. I think the Souvenir is more than likely a Gen 7 Pokémon. Those of us who are suggesting that it's not out of the question to include a southern half of Kalos or a Kanto/Johto situation in the next Gen 6 installment aren't even suggesting that the hypothetical 2nd region has anything to do with the Strange Souvenir. Game Freak can introduce a hypothetical Southern Kalos/Johto 2.0 and yet still tease Gen 7 with the Souvenir at the same time if they feel like it, both situations don't have to be related.

I did see some people (whether it be here or elsewhere) suggesting the Strange Souvenir is tied to Zygarde and that the faraway region would be in Kalos games. Also, I'd like to think that because the Generation VII region was foreshadowed in XY, it would be the next original one. Why bother alluding to it that early if there were still new areas to be introduced beforehand? Same thing with a new region that bordered the east or south of Kalos. In fact, the latter is highly unlikely simply because the next generation would be released a year later anyway.

Last edited:
Based on the images seen in corocoro for the 2016 Pokemon movie, I'm really starting to think that we're going to get an announcement very soon for the next main series game. I am putting my money on Pokemon Z, because, that silhouette looks like NOTHING we've ever seen before. I don't think it could really be a Gen VII Pokemon. I just feel like its a little too early for Gen VII, since most generations last at least 3 years. I am gonna bet that it is a Zygarde form and this movie will kinda promote a new game set in Kalos possibly.

If anything, Zygarde would clash with Lysandre because the latter's kinda trying to NUKE KALOS. Maybe Zygarde would've been culling humanity kaiju-style on any other day, but I'm pretty sure that a genocidal maniac's plans to wipe out every Pokemon and almost every human in Kalos would probably catch its attention as something that would "destroy the ecosystem."

If anything, Zygarde would clash with Lysandre because the latter's kinda trying to NUKE KALOS. Maybe Zygarde would've been culling humanity kaiju-style on any other day, but I'm pretty sure that a genocidal maniac's plans to wipe out every Pokemon and almost every human in Kalos would probably catch its attention as something that would "destroy the ecosystem."

If they really do go back to the 3rd version formula with the next game, I really hope they change up the plot and make some much-needed improvements overall, like how Platinum was to D/P.

Re-reading the first few pages of the this thread, I remembered Masuda's comments of them wanting to surprise players and that the next release would be different to their previous conventions of third versions like Z/BW2. I wonder how the new Pokemon shown in Coro Coro fits into that idealogy.

It's a little hard for me to picture how though, unless the shadowed Pokemon isn't actually a Zygarde forme/mega evolution. They are already following the exact same Kyurem formula right down to having two unique hidden signatures, a lower BST than its contemporaries, and even a somewhat incomplete (though not to the same extent as Kyurem) character design.

They would have to really break the mold to convince me that they aren't simply just planning another BW2 or Z. I suppose it would be more in line with BW2, and Zygarde will simply get 2 megas like Charizard & Mewtwo did. I suppose one can hope that the possible Kalos sequel story will be better at least.

Gotta say, some of the fandom's speculations (it's the Original Dragon!) is really cracking me up. :sweatlol: Yeah, forget Pokemon Z, X2 & Y2, or even XZ & YZ (pretty plausible title considering "PorygonZ" is actually a name corruption of Porygon2)... No... We're finally getting Pokemon Grey baby! The Strange Souvenir is obviously the Original D. and the faraway region that it protects is none other... than UNOVA! Hahahahahahaha!

But seriously, hope some of the speculation about Zygarde being some kind of anti-hero who mercilessly restores the balance of nature is true, as it would be fresh to have a somewhat antagonistic mon for a change. However, it strongly reminds me of the plot of Sonic Unleashed, including Dark Gaia looking incredibly similar to Zygarde:
latest

Supposed Zygarde forme:
http://i.********/vp/1436685268633.jpg
Makes sense I suppose, as Zygarde is similar in role to Gaia anyways.

Someone who watched the movie posted this on reddit...

LUj66GM.jpg
It is basically identical to the same images that were within CoroCoro but in this image you can see that the thing (which I'm assuming is Zygarde by the looks of it) has long thin needles/spikes protruding straight up from its crown looking formation. I'm not sure if there is anything else about this teaser (that wasn't shown in CoroCoro) that will be posted/discussed about online by the moviegoers but I'm hoping so. I remember reading prior to CoroCoro leaking that supposedly Zygarde was looming over a castle in the teaser to next years' movie. I'm wondering if it was with this supposed form/mega of Zygarde or the actual Zygarde we currently have?

LUj66GM.jpg
It is basically identical to the same images that were within CoroCoro but in this image you can see that the thing (which I'm assuming is Zygarde by the looks of it) has long thin needles/spikes protruding straight up from its crown looking formation. I'm not sure if there is anything else about this teaser (that wasn't shown in CoroCoro) that will be posted/discussed about online by the moviegoers but I'm hoping so. I remember reading prior to CoroCoro leaking that supposedly Zygarde was looming over a castle in the teaser to next years' movie. I'm wondering if it was with this supposed form/mega of Zygarde or the actual Zygarde we currently have?

Seeing this makes me even more excited for when this beast is officially revealed! Also even tho this technically isn't anything brand new, it does show us a much clearer image of the Pokemon in question. Which is surprising as u'd think the pic from a movie goer would b less clear and the pic from CoroCoro would b more so lol Either way I'm pretty certain with this pic that it is most definitely Zygarde for sure in some form. Still wish we could c the bottom half of it, but this pic definitely shows off it's size more so than the other one. Which mean this form could b pretty massive lol

You know, I'd be fine if this was a forme change and not another megavolution. From the looks of it, Zygarde's going to have a drastic size change, going from just barely being taller than a kid to supposedly looming over a castle kaiju-style. Megavolution usually involves the Pokemon changing in appearance, but it's more like enhancing its normal form rather than turning it into something else completely. Looking at this looming humanoid shadow, well... it looks pretty different from its serpentine incarnation we all know.

LUj66GM.jpg

Seeing this makes me even more excited for when this beast is officially revealed! Also even tho this technically isn't anything brand new, it does show us a much clearer image of the Pokemon in question. Which is surprising as u'd think the pic from a movie goer would b less clear and the pic from CoroCoro would b more so lol Either way I'm pretty certain with this pic that it is most definitely Zygarde for sure in some form. Still wish we could c the bottom half of it, but this pic definitely shows off it's size more so than the other one. Which mean this form could b pretty massive lol

I'm pretty amped myself. Yeah this image definitely shows more detail than what was shown within CoroCoro. Yeah and I agree that it looks super massive, I'm thinking that this thing will possibly trump Wailord in size and it makes me happy thinking about it, lol.

Looking at this image...

I noticed that the head area has different lighting than the chest - the head glows, then from the neck the chest blocks the light out in full shadow... Maybe the Zygarde form is wearing a mechanical apparatus or something?

Firstly, nothing says it's based on Nighoggr, that's just a theory that we have for it and it could easily be wrong. Secondly, Pokémon that are based off of a certain creature or concept have gotten different forms, for instance, the Forces of Nature are based on Kamis, but have alternate forms that are based on different beasts.

So a New Pokémon was shown in the Hoopa movie. It was shown at the end of the movie during the opening teaser of next years movie...

newpokemon.jpg
[
This is a hand drawn rendition but all the details can be found on Serebii. This is pretty exciting, lol.

I know this sounds absurd but I wonder if this is a sign of there being a handful of New Pokémon in the next Kalos game like maybe another 70+. I mean there's a first time for everything.

Last edited:
Either we're getting mid-generation new Pokemon, Zygarde is continuing onto Gen VII, or that giant is not Zygarde.

Yoooo new Pokemon as well? Something is definitely shifting in the way things are getting done.If they actually go through with some sort of South Kalos deal with an entirely new region, Pokemmon, and league thats still is gen 6 I will lose my shit. Seriously this could be crazy good.

Also, its not a diamond, but the sli with a hexagon.....

No idea why people expect to see south Kalos with new Pokémon when XY so heavily hinted at a faraway region.

Zygarde being carried over to the next generation is a simple solution, folks. It can be heavily promoted without being the mascot.

Yoooo new Pokemon as well? Something is definitely shifting in the way things are getting done.If they actually go through with some sort of South Kalos deal with an entirely new region, Pokemmon, and league thats still is gen 6 I will lose my shit. Seriously this could be crazy good.

Also, its not a diamond, but the sli with a hexagon.....
Call me a pessimist, but could be and will be are two very different things. They've disappointed us many times before on these sorts of things.

A new Pokémon? HUH. Interesting.

maybe the next game will introduce some gen 7 Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom