• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dogasu saw the movie and confirmed the screenshot as legit.

Where? Again, what screenshot? The one posted on the Italian website? It's fake. Serebii confirmed it as a fake.

cd6143b02763dfedfa5907087923aebf.png

Serebii hasn't actually been to c the movie tho. People could have just told him otherwise for whatever reason. Dogasu has actually seen the movie and has said the screenshot from yesterday is in fact real. So while I trust Serebii, he may have just gotten the wrong info this time.

Serebii hasn't actually been to c the movie tho. People could have just told him otherwise for whatever reason. Dogasu has actually seen the movie and has said the screenshot from yesterday is in fact real. So while I trust Serebii, he may have just gotten the wrong info this time.

You mean his trusted source who also saw the movie?

The screenshot is fake.

The content in it may be real, but the screenshot itself it fake.

I think the deal with the new Pokemon/form is that it is a teaser for Generation VII. The anime and movies teased Pokemon from upcoming Generations before, sometimes even over a year before the new Generation came out. So even if this blob thing is indeed a new Pokemon from Generation VII, it doesn't necessarily mean that Generation VII will come anytime soon. Heck, look at Munchlax. I say give at least a year after the 19th movie comes out before expecting Generation VII. I am almost 100% positive that Movie 19 is advertising Zygarde for Kalos 2.0. And with only the assumption that Kalos 2.0 is the last Generation VI game, it may take several months to a full year for the Generation VII pair games to come out (anytime from early to late 2017).

You mean his trusted source who also saw the movie?

The screenshot is fake.

The content in it may be real, but the screenshot itself it fake.
So um, you'd rather believe someone who heard things from someone else rather than someone who actually lives in Japan, who saw the movie and who personally reported that the screenshot is legit? Suit yourself.

What screenshot is Dogasu talking about? The monolith? The Italian website one? Or the one that's hand-drawn on Serebii's home page? I think some of you guys are getting things confused with one or the other. I say that we all don't say jack-squat until CoroCoro comes out next month, how's that sound?

The screenshot was faked. People that saw the movie all say its real. So in other words someone faked the blob coming out of the "o", but the sketch is based on what people have saw. Does that make sense?

The sketch is real, the screenshot is fake, exactly.

EDIT: Basically, the "screenshot" is not really a screenshot at all, it's just a well done photoshop job.

So um, you'd rather believe someone who heard things from someone else rather than someone who actually lives in Japan, who saw the movie and who personally reported that the screenshot is legit? Suit yourself.

? Serebii has people who saw the movie themselves, all that's happened is they've forwarded what they saw to him. If they didn't see the green blob then it isn't there. If you're trying to bring up the chain of communication as being wrong then what's stopping the person you're quoting from being wrong in how they communicate to us?

I say that we all don't say jack-squat until CoroCoro comes out next month, how's that sound?

That's a bit silly isn't it? Over one minor misunderstanding all speculation should grind to a halt?

~~~

The only screenshot from the movie we have is this one;

https://twitter.com/OniLinkPokebip/status/622704872543141888

That shows the Zygarde thing with some clearer detail, including these spike like protrusions from the head.

People think that its also an X shaped chest guard, but those head spijes definitely make me think its the Arrows using forme. Waves is likely going to be something different.

Are we sure this teaser pic is of a Zygarde form though? I'm not saying it's not--it just seems very, very different to me. It would help if we could see the colors.

As for the blob thing I'm still a little unclear if this thing is real or not right now. I can't really see this thing being connected to Zygarde.

Are we sure this teaser pic is of a Zygarde form though? I'm not saying it's not--it just seems very, very different to me. It would help if we could see the colors.
According to people who saw the teaser trailer, the silhouette of whatever this thing is had glowing green hexagons and after its appearance the screen flashed green. I think the hexagons are a dead giveaway, if it wasn't obvious before.

As for the blob thing I'm still a little unclear if this thing is real or not right now. I can't really see this thing being connected to Zygarde.

Right now I am leaning for it being a gen 7 pokemon at the moment. I am going to wait for further confirmation though.

Are there still people thinking that they're going to have a movie starring a gen VII pokemon when there's still two legendary gen VI pokemon who have never been treated in the anime and one who's not even officially released?

Guys, people seeing the movie identified this as zygarde immediately, saying that the teaser featured "zygarde looming over a castle." This thing is covered in green hexagons and has the same general head shape as zygarde. The little green thing might be an early preview VII pokemon like munchlax or lucario (even probably is), but the giant thing is really obviously zygarde.

The next movie is probably zygarde focused, and might be zygarde v. volcanion featuring a new Gen VII Pokemon. There's also the possibility, however remote, that the next one's a just zygarde one, and volcanism will get its own movie soon that will point us forward to gen VII and the new thing is just a munchlax situation.

I could be wrong, but this is the most likely set of scenarios as someone who has watched this pattern play out since gen I. All in all, the Pokemon franchise is predictable. Some individual factors change, but the pattern repeats.

Are there still people thinking that they're going to have a movie starring a gen VII pokemon when there's still two legendary gen VI pokemon who have never been treated in the anime and one who's not even officially released?

I could be wrong, but this is the most likely set of scenarios as someone who has watched this pattern play out since gen I. All in all, the Pokemon franchise is predictable. Some individual factors change, but the pattern repeats.

Time and time again, the Pokemon shown in these previews have *rarely* ever been the main focus of the movie they are advertising, so as someone who has watched this play out over and over again, why should we expect anything different now?

The anime adapts to the game's release dates, not the other way around. We still had Meloetta and Genesect to feature in a movie when Gen VI rolled around, which lead to Meloetta being shafted into a movie short rather than featuring in its own movie. While Genesect and the Legend Awakens didn't feature a new Pokemon, it did feature a mechanic that defined Gen VI by having Mega Mewtwo costar.

There's precedence (very recent as well) for unreleased and legendary Pokemon getting shafted when a new generation gets released, but when was the last time one of these movie previews accurately advertised the starring Pokemon?

I'm not saying that isn't Zygarde, but it doesn't rule out a new generation based on your premise.

Time and time again, the Pokemon shown in these previews have *rarely* ever been the main focus of the movie they are advertising, so as someone who has watched this play out over and over again, why should we expect anything different now?
Yes, and how many times did these movie teasers actually feature what seem to be new forms of Pokémon? From what I remember, the previous teaser trailers all featured already existing Pokémon. They may have been misleading in that case, however, in a situation like this where we're dealing with a new form, it's almost unavoidable that the next movie will showcase it.

And we can't rely on patterns in this case either. Just because previous teasers were misleading, does not mean this one is.

Yes, and how many times did these movie teasers actually feature what seem to be new forms of Pokémon? From what I remember, the previous teaser trailers all featured already existing Pokémon. They may have been misleading in that case, however, in a situation like this where we're dealing with a new form, it's almost unavoidable that the next movie will showcase it.
Last year's teaser showcased Primal Groudon and Kyogre, which had been revealed just a month prior. They ended up getting their moment to shine in a Mega Evolution special rather than Movie 18, where they didn't really stand out.

Last year's teaser showcased Primal Groudon and Kyogre, which had been revealed just a month prior. They ended up getting their moment to shine in a Mega Evolution special rather than Movie 18, where they didn't really stand out.
I guess that's a fair point. However, this is still the first teaser to feature a Pokémon or form yet to be revealed.

I guess time will tell, though with Mega Evolution specials ending soon (I recall them saying in the preview for Act IV that they were approaching the climax), if this is indeed Zygarde, outside of the movie, its only chance to be featured is within XY anime, which so far leaves a lot to be desired in terms of plot and Team Flare.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

We still don't know what Act IV will be about. Just saying.
Speaking of which, the logo for Act IV did have two specific colors on it - red and green.

Perhaps green could stand for something...

I'm just surprised someone still hasn't leaked this blob from the movie. I mean isn't there any law breakers out there? Guess Japanese people are more respectful. Lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom