• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is completely off from whatever discussion was going on in the thread just now, but I had a thought.

I was looking at the amiibo thread just a minute ago, and it got me thinking about a article I saw on Facebook a while back written by Gamenesia...well I did some research, and I came across the original Reddit post that inspired the article. Basically through coding and stuff I don't understand, some nerd discovered that there's the potential for every single Pokemon to have it's own amiibo.

Now if this rumor was true, then it would use the amiibo card thingies they've got for the Animal Crossing dudes, not making a separate figurine for each Pokemon. Although that would be awesome, it's never going to happen, although they may make amiibo figurines for popular Pokemon that don't already have amiibos, like Hawlucha, Zoroark, and maybe some of the legendaries. It may not be the smartest move, since it may hinder interest and sales in the TCG (or maybe even vice versa!).

If this rumor is true, and every Pokemon gets it's own amiibo, then I feel like the New 3DS would be the prime system for future Pokemon games, with built-in amiibo functionality. I'm not saying that any possible remaining Gen VI games or Gen VII would be a New 3DS exclusive, but maybe that the games would be enhanced for New 3DS, much like how Majora's Mask 3D is.

As for any news, I'd agree with thatdude53 and say no more than a month until something's announced. Maybe sooner. They should take control of the hype train while it still exists.

I would say possibly within the next two weeks, since CoroCoro scans will probably leak within the first weekend of August, so GameFreak will probably want to reveal the next games beforehand.

Is CoroCoro releasing earlier than usual this month? Normally it releases on the 15th and the leaks release some time around the 11th.

I would say possibly within the next two weeks, since CoroCoro scans will probably leak within the first weekend of August, so GameFreak will probably want to reveal the next games beforehand.

Is CoroCoro releasing earlier than usual this month? Normally it releases on the 15th and the leaks release some time around the 11th.

I think someone said last page it releases on the 8th this month.

If it does release on the eight of August, then it may leak early as the third IF there is indeed some type of new information. Very excited. (I know not to be.)

Going to go ahead and brace myself now, then, because that usually means that Corocoro will just be a repeat of the game announcement itself as opposed to anything additional.

Going to go ahead and brace myself now, then, because that usually means that Corocoro will just be a repeat of the game announcement itself as opposed to anything additional.

We got more (the first) screenshots of BW in CoroCoro following their announcement, and got more screenshots with HGSS in CoroCoro following their announcement. But for XY and ORAS, we got almost nothing in the first CoroCoro following the announcements.

Guys it releases the 11th. This means that it will most likely LEAK around the 8th. It doesn't officially come out on the 8th, but it's a likely day we'll c info. Either way early info is early info and we could potentially c something by, not this coming weekend, but the next weekend!!

Yeah that was my bad in the Corocoro thread. I had misremembered it as releasing on the 8th in August, when it's actually that it leaks around the 8th instead.

Anyway, I wouldn't get hopes up for something in Corocoro. Cos if it's something big it'll likely be revealed before Corocoro. Otherwise might have to wait until the World championships later in the month to see if we get anything there.

I'm hoping it will be a new Kalos game(s) and will be sequels to XY. I also hope (and think) it will be announced next month as it seems quite early to show Zygarde's form and what appears to be a new Pokemon.

I was just wondering if we'll get two forms for each of Zygardes moves or if the one form could change based on which move it has. Maybe the type of the form changes based on the move and or some of it's colouring (some of the hexagons could change colour).

Guys it releases the 11th. This means that it will most likely LEAK around the 8th. It doesn't officially come out on the 8th, but it's a likely day we'll c info. Either way early info is early info and we could potentially c something by, not this coming weekend, but the next weekend!!

This makes more sense.

Just a little something to remember when fetching up the anime episodes: Does anyone recall the Sinnoh saga? Where there was around 50(!!) episodes between Ash getting his 7th and 8th badges? Ash got the Icicle Badge in DP127 and got the Beacon Badge in DP179. That's like, a year worth of episodes. If the anime needs to be extended to suit the needs of the original material (ie the games) then it can and will be prolonged as such.

Besides, there's always Serena's storyline to be expanded upon. She still needs two Princess Keys to qualify.

And let's not forget that the anime is not above an entire series with the purpose of being a filler, like the Orange Islands and the Decolore Islands.

Just a little something to remember when fetching up the anime episodes: Does anyone recall the Sinnoh saga? Where there was around 50(!!) episodes between Ash getting his 7th and 8th badges? Ash got the Icicle Badge in DP127 and got the Beacon Badge in DP179. That's like, a year worth of episodes. If the anime needs to be extended to suit the needs of the original material (ie the games) then it can and will be prolonged as such.

Besides, there's always Serena's storyline to be expanded upon. She still needs two Princess Keys to qualify.

And let's not forget that the anime is not above an entire series with the purpose of being a filler, like the Orange Islands and the Decolore Islands.

Declore islands was more of part of Best Wishes season 2 than its ownseason

Have to agree on orange though

I am very, very pumped. I just finished everything I want to do on both of my second playthroughs from 6th gen so far, and the announcement is impending! Here's hoping it's something else entirely!

Don't forget the unnecessary return to Kanto for the Battle Frontier solely used to promote Fire/Leaf, which was not recreated with Heart/Soul OR Omega/Alpha.

That to me was the definition of filler. Not to mention it's when the Switch That Shall Not Be Named occurred.

Going back on topic, if that silhouette is Zygarde then I am interested to see what method would cause it to mega evolve/change form/primal evolve. As for that other pokemon, it would be interesting to see if new pokemon are added to the next game. ORAS had moves and abilities that weren't in XY games so it might not be too farfetch'd that new pokemon might appear. Going to see if they would reveal something in August or not.

I hope the next corocoro will give us something. It's releasing on the 11th next month, so the leaks will probably come in around 8-9 August. Maybe something, maybe nothing. It's just a waiting game.

I hope the next corocoro will give us something. It's releasing on the 11th next month, so the leaks will probably come in around 8-9 August. Maybe something, maybe nothing. It's just a waiting game.

I hope so too but it's possible they'll have nothing for Corocoro and instead have a reveal at Worlds which takes place between the 21st and 23rd of August. Once they reveal the new games then we can look forward to regular updates and news*.

Someone has recorded the green blob (finally)

[video=youtube;2rZQdvX6KkI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rZQdvX6KkI[/video]

http://i.********/vp/1438437840363.png

Cute.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me but it doesn't look related to Zyagarde to me. Definitely seems like a new Pokémon.

See I don't know what to think. It's clearly something new, but promoting another green, asymmetrical serpent-esque Pokemon at the same time as Zygarde seems a weird choice if there is no connection between them. However they really don't look similar in any other way so if there is a connection it's gonna seem a bit of a stretch at the same time.

I'm happy just to see how things turn out rather than trying to guess because I'm so oblivious. It'll be more fun this way!

It's really cute at least... which is my main criteria for approval :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom