• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That has fake written all over it. . . but now I feel like I'll be disappointed when none of these ideas show up in the next game :(

You're not alone. I feel the same way. Someone should start a thread of a possible 6.5 generation and what they would like to see in the possible mid generation.

I don't like the gen 6.5 idea, but ...

I can tell the 4chan post is fake because the it says the water starter is based off a dolphin, water starters have never been based off of creatures that are not mobile on land, and many fans have been dying for a dolphin Pokemon.

I can tell the 4chan post is fake because the it says the water starter is based off a dolphin, water starters have never been based off of creatures that are not mobile on land, and many fans have been dying for a dolphin Pokemon.

Its a dolphin.....with legs. I find it so absurd that I want it to be real just to see how they can pull that off. Then again, it could be like a bird, which would be an amazing design, and maybe it can have a final stage that is water/flying, using its fins to fly.
Edit: Its fake surely, but I find it funny that any discussion about it is quickly taken down over there. Usually fake bull is tolerate, and there is a lot more stuff that is drawn out stupidly. Imagine if it was real....

Last edited:

Its a dolphin.....with legs. I find it so absurd that I want it to be real just to see how they can pull that off. Then again, it could be like a bird, which would be an amazing design, and maybe it can have a final stage that is water/flying, using its fins to fly.

LOL, then that dolphin gonna need some huge fins, not like we didn't have "using its fins to fly" Pokemon already, but I find it more believable if the dolphin can "jump so high it's like flying".

While an interesting read that pic is almost certainly fake. I believe some of it might be true like the relatively few new Pokemon, but brand new starters??? So out of the 28 he mentioned, 1 is "Zygos" and 9 are starter lines, leaving only 18 others? No way are Game Freak just going to dump the Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie lines like that.

Also the whole post reeks of just a little too much give people what they want, whether it's the Dolphin,Tiger Pokemon people have wanted for ages, the Dark type gym or Amiibos to go with Pokemon.

Also he doesn't say what country this region to the East of Kalos is based on, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium? One thing to his credit though he describes a harsh rocky terrain in this new region and the name Dynos does fit with Kalos and the word does mean "a rapid move across a rock face in order to reach a hold" so that gives him a shred of credibility but not enough for me.

As for his final comment, many have speculated we get the first but limited info at worlds, and many have speculated about it being 2 games and megas on the box so even if that part is true it doesnt validate the rest imo

If Z (or equivalent) is coming out, I would expect a batch of new Megas, plus whatever will be going on with Zygarde, and may be new forme for Volcanion. But if GF continued the trend of the last 2 gens, then Volcanion probably gonna have some "palette swapped formes" or no forme at all.

Didn't we learn our lesson from the numerous fake leaks on 4chan during XY's pre-release? :U I mean, one of the biggest "leakers" (Mr XY) was from this very site afterall...

Also I don't think Game Freak care about rounding up to exactly 100 new Pokemon (especially when it's adding 28 of which 9 are supposedly starters - seems pointless). Then again, I don't buy the Gen 6.5 idea at all. Seeing is believing and I won't believe they'll do a proper .5 gen until I see it happen.

(Though Foaliage is a p cool name and a (Grass) horse for a starter is something I wouldn't mind too much for future generations tbh. Not my first choice for one, but could be interesting compared with past Grass starters.)

Oh look, its that time of the year again!
i.imgur.com/8TD3u0a.png

While this is most certainly fake (especially the Zygos thing) there's some really cool ideas in here. The mega starters are really interesting.

if GF continued the trend of the last 2 gens, then Volcanion probably gonna have some "palette swapped formes" or no forme at all.

Honestly, I'm fine with this. Not every legendary needs a gimmick or a way to change shape/form.

Last edited:
Didn't we learn our lesson from the numerous fake leaks on 4chan during XY's pre-release? :U I mean, one of the biggest "leakers" (Mr XY) was from this very site afterall...

Also I don't think Game Freak care about rounding up to exactly 100 new Pokemon (especially when it's adding 28 of which 9 are supposedly starters - seems pointless). Then again, I don't buy the Gen 6.5 idea at all. Seeing is believing and I won't believe they'll do a proper .5 gen until I see it happen.

(Though Foaliage is a p cool name and a (Grass) horse for a starter is something I wouldn't mind too much for future generations tbh. Not my first choice for one, but could be interesting compared with past Grass starters.)

Before ORAS, most people thought there was zero to no chance of new megas and no new moves in a new game, and then OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire was announced. Lesson learned: never say never especially in Pokémon!

Before ORAS, most people thought there was zero to no chance of new megas and no new moves in a new game, and then OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire was announced. Lesson learned: never say never especially in Pokémon!

I didn't say never though lol.

(Also I thought they'd put new Megas in ORAS so :p)

Although that 4chan post made me giggle a few times, I really love that Zygarde Mega Evolution method!
I think it's in no way feasible, but I like the idea of "the more boogers you have, the more powerfull you are!"

Although that 4chan post made me giggle a few times, I really love that Zygarde Mega Evolution method!
I think it's in no way feasible, but I like the idea of "the more boogers you have, the more powerfull you are!"

Yeah sounds like Slifer the Sky Dragon from YuGiOh, 1000 extra attack and defence points for each card you have in your hand.

Of course, I never said it was real, just posted it cause its probably one of inevitable rumors that will start being posted. If rumors start circulating, no matter how fake, then we are well in true in prerelease season. And thats always the best time of the year.
Not to mention that an actual mountain region, probably based on the French Alps, the Swiss Alps, Switzerland and possibly South Germany, is a crazy cool region concept, and I would instantly take that over South Kalos.

but that was based off of the thought that the games would be perfectly compatible with each other. i don't think it's impossible for stuff similar to what they describe in their post to happen, but i think it's highly unlikely (aside from new megas and forms).

I think the whole debate about megas and incomapatability, and what they count as inevitably just boils down to a case of semantics. ORAS, for all intents and purposes, was the first Pokemon game to add a large amount of unobtainable Pokemon mid generation, brought in 3 new abilites and 3 nrw moves, also a first. I really don't see how different it would be if along with the next megas(which I think will be around the mid 30s mark), they also introduce another 40 Pokemon. The games are already gonna be incompatible with the previous two, no point in being half assed when there is obvious wiggle room for more Pokemon. Not to mention it could work wonders to giving the series some life til 20717, when gen 7 is likely going to be released in the fall, nearly 2 years after the games, if they come in February. I mean, now thatI think about it, we are gonna be in a similar situation with Emerald and DP, with a large gap between the generations due to a hardware transition. Yes thats another debate, but Gen 7on NX is the way I am going with things for now, and I don't see a release before fall 2017 for it. Its beginning to dawn on me that gen 6.5 is more of a solution for GF to gain time, not because they want a constant marketing drive(although thats likely not far behind.)

Last edited:
Not to mention it could work wonders to giving the series some life til 20717, when gen 7 is likely gping to be released in the fall, nearly 2 years after the games, if they come in February
Except that a new generation requires nearly a year of promotion, so under your assumption the added 40 Kalos Pokémon would only have a year to shine. And the Generation VII Pokémon would feel less special as a result of this, too.

Finally, this would just lead fans to expect new Pokémon in every single release.

A year to shine is fine for such a small number. As for the expectation thing, I have said it before, one generation for each handheld from the NX onward is something I am expecting in the future, and having 2 batches of Pokemon for each of the main region games isn't such a bad thing. Remakes and the likes have just megas.

Not to mention that an actual mountain region, probably based on the French Alps, the Swiss Alps, Switzerland and possibly South Germany, is a crazy cool region concept, and I would instantly take that over South Kalos.

Me too. Besides the only time we've ever actually heard anything about southern Kalos was with the Volcanion event. We weren't technically supposed to know anything about that since Volcanion hasn't even been released let alone officially revealed. That's not to say that they couldn't add a few cities/towns in X2Y2/Z or whatever the next games are called, more specifically the place that reveres Volcanion as a national-building Pokémon. Heck who knows if the starting town in the next games could be in southern Kalos.

If the next games do center around Zygarde then I would like to think that anything pertaining to its backstory would be found near the area where it resides in, Terminus Cave. No one within Kalos (in X&Y) even acknowledges the existence of Zygarde let alone mention the poor Pokémon. Maybe the people who do know something about Zygarde reside past the eastern mountains of Kalos. The way to get there would obviously be from the train station in Couriway Town. The region wouldn't even have to be a full on region, it could be about the same size as the Battle Zone region that was in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.

I think Terminus Cave will seean update, much like B2W2s giant chasm. However, it will lead to that valley forest in the northeast corner of the map, where I assume some sort of World Tree equicalent will exist. Makes the most sense for now. south Kalos will likely be the starting point, with more then half the badge quest situated there, amd the rest in Mountain Kalos. I expect Coastal and Central to be post game, with only Lumiose available pre league. South Kalos doesn't have to be a full size region persay, as its still part of a refion, but it can be big enough to make up 2/3rds of a region. Of course it could be proper sized, so that whem you defeat the leagueyou have the ability to take on the rest of the Kalos gyms, the other South Kalos gyms, and retake the league challnege. Or better yet, as a nod to GS and the similar structuring, a finalbattle battle against Calem/Serena.
Edit: Finally did reaearch on South France, and its allcoming together for me. A large chunk of the unused portion of France, basically half of it really, is the Massif Central. What is Massif Central? A large mountain range of long dead Volcanoes,with large plateaus in between(high altitude mountain plains in other words) that have artificial hollow domes carved out of em. That sounds like a dead ringer for some Volcanion related plotline inspiration to me.

Last edited:
As for the expectation thing, I have said it before, one generation for each handheld from the NX onward is something I am expecting in the future,
The only reason Game Freak would make such a transition is if they wanted to make less money. It's as if you're oblivious of the fact that Black and White were more successful than XY were, or that Gold and Silver were labeled as a new generation despite including Kanto. Adding 40 new Pokémon and two thirds of a region would be a lot of trouble for games not viewed as a fresh start.

Remakes and the likes have just megas.
Which would just lead to disappointment after setting the bar higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom