• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@The Outrage; I don't battle competitively at all, I'm just looking for a deep, explorable game with a lot of content and an appropriate difficulty in the main game (i.e. not as mindlessly easy as it is now, but not as rage inducingly difficult as the battle facilities tend to be). There's been a definite trend towards making shallower experiences and sterilizing everything to remove anything that could possibly be considering difficult, and that is a ridiculous extreme.

THIS.
I consider HGSS/DPt to be the best difficulty/length-wise, while BW/BW2 were the best story-wise. The ideal for me would be to go back to these standards. But clearly they're going in the exact other direction.
I don't do competitive battling, although I still wanted the BF (mostly for the battle factory which allowed using rentals, I liked that back then...) and there was absolutely no reason to exclude it.
Other than that, XY and ORAS have both been a total joke. XY's story and characters were so ridiculously lacking and flawed, especially coming after BW/BW2. You could rush through the game so quickly and easily, and ORAS followed the same way. Let's not even talk about how they completely ruined Contests and Pokéblock making. It's all "push the A button and we'll do everything for you" nowdays. I swear ORAS was like "Ruby and Sapphire for 4 year olds"... at least that's how I felt it...
I honestly fear the future of Pokémon if they continue this way. If they do continue this way (and they probably will) then at least personally I will forever view the GBA-DS (gen 3-5) era as Pokémon at its best. The original GB/GBC (gens 1-2) era will forever have its nostalgic charm. But what will the 3DS era have going for it? nothing except the graphics, which were awesome at first but after you got used to, can't really hold the game when pretty much everything else is a huge step back.

First of all, I don't think the franchise is going down the drain or anything. At the same time, elements i consider important have been lackluster especially in the last generation. For me, what makes a pokémon game good are the story (which doesn't even have to be incredibly inventive and full of plots twists, but it should feel complete and well told. really, any plot can be interesting, as long as it's told well), the new pokémon/NPC's introduced and the region design (i love a lot of exploration) Of course, that's not all, but these are elements that tend to stand out for me

I also like the the fact some elements, such as breeding and EV training have become more streamlined and approachable. I don't think I'd ever be a proper competitive player, but it does allow me to try things out and get better/different pokémon. because in these regards, i'm absolutely a casual player

On the other hand, from Gen III on, i own several instalments of each generation, i own several side-games, and i've beaten all of these games at least once (but many of em more) i've played all of em regularly, and i definitely invested quite a lot of time in each of em. as such, i could also potentially consider myself a hardcore player (which i don't)

i also think people here forget that this community is probably not that good a representation of pokémon players. i mean, there's a fairly varied crowd, but at the same time, there might also be a lot of people who, even if they have an account here, might not really voice their opinion that often, or might mostly frequent other parts of these forums. So tbh i dunno how many people really only go for just the multiplayer mode and would skip the story part if they could. i don't think it's the majority though

as for the difficulty decreasing, i agree partially. indeed, it seems at times as if all challenge is gone and things simply get handed to you. and sometimes that's good, especially if it stays optional (such as the exp share) but others aren't. and i kinda hope GF just hasn't completely figured out yet how to balance this better

i also think a lot of casual gamers wouldn't completely give up if something got too difficult. sure, they might put away the game for a bit, but nowadays it's also so incredibly easy to just google the answer. i know i do this when i get stuck in a game and really can't figure it out on my own. i look up a walkthrough and use it to guide me through the part i'm having a lot of difficulty with. of course, i dunno how other people feel about this

I have a strange feeling that I'm going to be very pleased with what we may have coming our way within the next 6 months or whenever it is that we'll be getting a new game.

Depends. I hope the next games do better than ORAS which were very disappointing to me. XY games were the best and I rated them 9/10. I scored ORAS a 6/10 due to several disappointing things.

I have a strange feeling that I'm going to be very pleased with what we may have coming our way within the next 6 months or whenever it is that we'll be getting a new game.

Depends. I hope the next games do better than ORAS which were very disappointing to me. XY games were the best and I rated them 9/10. I scored ORAS a 6/10 due to several disappointing things.

I actually feel the complete opposite. I felt like ORAS were great but not as great as Emerald. However I feel that XY were completely lacking in every aspect. So I'm very excited for whatever is next because Kalos can be great eventually.

Damn this accursed website on my iPhone... it posted before I could type anything.

I really liked both games for several reasons, but I do think that the story and lore of Kalos needs some improvement. I'm hoping this next game(s) will do the trick. I'm on the same boat as @Zeb when it comes to Platinum and BW2(although I personally thought the original BW were equally as good), usually the 3rd versions/sequels are improvements of their respective paired games. The way I've seen it, the original paired versions seem to act as groundwork for any 3rd/4th installment that comes afterward.

What I'm really excited about is how Zygarde is supposed to fix the ecosystem when his counterparts represent life and death.

Last edited:
@Zeb; i honestly can't see difficulty being improved that much until they move away from thematic and monotype trainer teams. for me at least, even with Challenge Mode, it was more of a "spend more time grinding" than actually being challenging, which i didn't care for (even if it was a step in the right direction). the only trainers that have given me any remote semblance of trouble are the ones that aren't monotype. so yeah...i think unless they do that i don't think there's really anything they can do to realistically increase difficulty (artificially though.....there's some things, i suppose).

@The_Doctor;
When I (and a few users) have talked about maintaining compatibility, its so that you can use XY to battle ORAS, and see the new Mega Evolution sprites. We aren't saying add all of ORAS's content into XY.

True, and purely battling purposes is a decent reason to update, but there's not much reason to use XY for battling over ORAS, except maybe for trainer customization, or maybe music choices.

Then there's the fact that Game Freak wants to have secret Event legendaries, but they're never a secret because people hack the games. You know what would solve this? DLC.

Never said anything against DLC as a general thing. Having DLC for events and such would be great in general.

Its hardly different except Gen IV and V are a completely different generation. There's really no point in debating an issue if you're going to make such hyperbolic comparisons and then act as if it isn't.

It's not hyperbolic. At least not the the extent you are inferring. I'm mainly implying that making moves like this, like GF not caring about compatibility, allows them to make more forward progress. Is it a different example because IV and V were different generations? Yes, but some would argue that the fact they were both on the Nintendo DS would mean they should be more compatible, which they aren't (and no, I never asked for this. Basic example). My point is that cutting ties to the previous games, whatever they were, such as XY to ORAS is one way to have more pushing forward. Rather than spend time and effort making new games compatible with the last ones, they could better use that time by making more new things. By cutting ties with the previous games, they have a much larger space to work within. If they wanted to keep full compatibility with the previous game each time they make a new one, it limits the bounds. They would have to keep as many things as possible within the bounds of the last game, rather than running forward and not worrying about the compatibility of the last game, which I find to be a much more prosperous creative path.

Before (and still to a good extent) the only BIG jumps were between generations. The only time you'd see leaps and bounds of new content was from one generation to the next. MY point is that I think it would be beneficial, in many ways, to blur that line. If they forget about making new games in a generation compatible with the last one(s), then they are allowing themselves to make bigger creative leaps and risks. It opens a door, and keeps them from limiting themselves. Have we seen a full realization of this idea? Not quite. But I hope we do. The bigger gaps and improvement between each game, the better, even if compatibility is thrown down the drain.

As for the issue of "who cares"? You wouldn't be debating this if people who had an opposing view to yours didn't care so your lengthy post is its own answer.

Honestly feel like ignoring this one. No offense. Apparently you haven't heard the phrase used as I intended, as I have heard most of my life. When someone says "who cares?", obviously someone cares. It's like one third sarcasm, one third negative frustration with people, and one third personal caring (one way or the other). Probably several people care. Obviously. If nobody actually cared, we wouldn't be having this conversation or debate. Anybody can see that. "Who cares?" is more of a general negative statement towards the opposition meant to basically say someone is wrong. But I digress.

The rejection of DLC to update content is being stuck in the past. Its doing literally what Game Freak has been doing for its entire existence. If new formes, items, moves, or Mega Evolution are added to a new game within the generation, its not unreasonable to expect a patch to old games to keep them compatible rather than going through Gen II-era hoops to make sure you can trade with a contemporary game.

Frankly, you don't get the point. At all. Quite literally, taking the time and effort to update OLD games to keep up with NEW games is literally having one foot in the past. Only thing needed is a way to transfer Pokemon FORWARD to the newest games, as we have had in every game since RSE, which is good. I'm not saying it isn't an attractive idea to update old games to keep up with new ones, but time and resources would be much better spent moving forward rather than catering to those who don't want to move on. If someone wants the newest content and compatibility, they should buy the new game. Otherwise, they should stop complaining. I understand why people want it, but spending money, time, resources, etc. on improving OLD games where the same resources could be used on making NEW games better is a bad business decision.

Making new DLC for the newest games is a great idea. Personally, I think they should've adopted it already. DLC for new things is great, but as a business, it would be smarter for them to not update old games. Focus on the new, and what is to come. Not what has already passed.

It is a bit much to ask that Game Freak have the new content suddenly available since that's what people buy the games for. But its not unreasonable to want to be able to trade your Pokemon back and forth between games within a generation nor is it impossible given what's already been done in other franchises.

Besides a few moves and mega stones, basically everything is compatible.

Though I guess we agree on one thing--the current games probably can't handle DLC since it wasn't made with DLC in mind. It wouldn't have the same fail-safes as Awakening or SSB but lets not act like going forward, this couldn't be the case or absolve Game Freak for their lack of effort in trying.Where's the Game Freak from the Crystal era who pioneered online gaming with Crystal's mobile phone system? Or even the RG-era Game Freak that made use of the seldom used Link Cable? They took a chance on a peripheral that wasn't even that popular in both those instances, yet now they ignore industry standard features.

Agreed.

#TooMuchWater

XD

Though, personally, I think ORAS are probably my favorite games in the entire series so far. I love them all, but ORAS takes the cake for me.

@The Outrage; I don't battle competitively at all, I'm just looking for a deep, explorable game with a lot of content and an appropriate difficulty in the main game (i.e. not as mindlessly easy as it is now, but not as rage inducingly difficult as the battle facilities tend to be). There's been a definite trend towards making shallower experiences and sterilizing everything to remove anything that could possibly be considering difficult, and that is a ridiculous extreme.
I don't really see how a casual gamer, especially one that pays $40 for a game, wouldn't appreciate more exploration, but the distinction you draw between "casual" and "hardcore" players are off. Many people would probably peg you as casual based on how you play as well.

I guess if anything, Game Freak is polarizing in their approach, leaving very little for those in the middle (e.g., you, and me depending on what I'm interested in)

I am pretty sure at this point in time, 90% of people who play Pokemon treat the single player with as much focus as the COD single player. Hell, I would bet if the single player was not there, and multiplqyer worked as a separate stadium like mode, nobody would bother with it. Building a team for online is the only rwason people play through it, and its probably why MMO dreamsare so feverent these days, simply because it would snub out the "boring"single player. Id argue us who play for the single player more are the core, and a very small, but vocal, minority.

I'm definitely one of those. I care much more about single player than online multiplayer and competitive battling. I want the best single player adventure experience, with the occasional interaction with friends to battle and trade.

In my opinion, a hardcore gamer is not someone who only battles competitively. It's someone who's played at least one installment of every generation religiously. Blue, Silver, Crystal, Gen. 3, Gen. 4, Gen. 5, X, Y, Alpha Sapphire. Someone who's played all of those games, I'd consider hardcore. I'd consider myself hardcore because I played all of those games. I still can't battle my way out of a paper bag, however.

Also, in my opinion, a casual gamer is someone who picks up a title once every few years. Blue here, Diamond there, maybe Y now. Those are the casuals.

For myself, as a self-named hardcore player, I don't need AI that thinks like a competitive championship trainer, I'd die every single time. But I would like AI that doesn't use status moves when it can go for the kill. That lets their Pokémon die when they have healing items. I'd like an actual challenge. The Elite Four AI is what regular trainers should have, with Champion AI going to rivals and Gym Leaders, then the E4 and Champion getting monstrous AI.

I'd like a game with 15-20 towns/cities, 30 routes, a few forests, a few caves, some ocean to travel through. I'd like some versatility in where I can go. In Red/Blue, you could challenge Erika, Surge, Sabrina and Koga in any order you liked. Same with Maylene, Crasher Wake and Fantina in Diamond and Pearl. We've never had that kind of choice again, except for all 8 Gym Leaders in Kanto during Johto games.

Focus more on characters and story and FEATURES rather than aesthetics. I personally started playing this franchise back when it was 8-bit. It could go back to 8-bit right now for all I care as long as I get more focus on characters and story and features. Pretty is fine, but not if it's ONLY pretty like Kalos.

Casual players won't care about any of that stuff, they'll just play it to kill some time, that's what a casual player is. But at least us hardcore players will know it's there.

More content does not equal less customers, it's still going to be roughly the same number of customers, but at least the customers you already have will be satisfied and more inclined to keep coming back.

I love this post so much.

I don't really do any competitive battling either, but I still consider myself hardcore.

I've played every game in the series, and I've played every game multiple times. I play religiously. I have a full living National Pokedex. I know the moves, abilities, and stats of dozens and dozens of Pokemon off the top of my head from years of experience. I enjoy team building, even just for in-game. I know basically the entire type chart by heart. I know every Pokemon, and I can tell you how almost all of them evolve.

I don't do competitive, but I am by no means a casual player either. I am a dedicated hardcore player and fan. I would absolutely love a much bigger main game. More difficulty through stronger and smarter AI, GL and E4 held items, less hand holding, and more actual challenges. Make me lose a battle here and there. Make me think on my toes! Make me sweat with a E4 battle. Don't just let me sweep the game away. And add more content!

More towns and cities! Oh, there's 8 badges? Okay, 8 badge towns, so give me an extra dozen or so! Let's have a minimum of one town in between every other badge town! Add more sidequests, including optional ones! More hidden secrets, more open exploration, even just optional. Give me quests and missions to do for people or something other than the main linear story! Let's have a stronger and deeper story! BW's story was good, but to me, that should only be a standard or minimum.

Last edited:
I'd like a game with 15-20 towns/cities, 30 routes, a few forests, a few caves, some ocean to travel through. I'd like some versatility in where I can go. In Red/Blue, you could challenge Erika, Surge, Sabrina and Koga in any order you liked. Same with Maylene, Crasher Wake and Fantina in Diamond and Pearl. We've never had that kind of choice again, except for all 8 Gym Leaders in Kanto during Johto games.
that's roughly the current design of a lot of regions right now though. not to mention region size is a diminishing return: the larger the region is, the larger the risk of having essentially "filler" locations. what should matter is how the region is qualitatively and not quantitatively.

ironically, the region you want is fairly close to what Kalos is. it has 16 cities/towns in the main-game (17 in the post), 22 routes, two forests, four (?) caves, and some ocean, if only a small bit. the only thing Kalos overtly lacks from the region you want is that it's missing 8 routes and some freedom in gym order. on routes, it's a part of the quality over quantity aspect. Kanto has a fair number of routes (25?), but then also has a sizeable number that are just essentially filler routes (Routes 4, 5, 7, 10, 14, 16, 18, and 24 are all mostly very small straight lines with a small patch of grass with few (if any) trainers).

on freedom of gym order, that's a double-edged sword. that freedom caused Crasher and Maylene to have the same leveled teams despite being being third and fourth gym leaders and same with Koga and Sabrina. this issue also caused GSC to be plagued with serious level progression as gyms 5-7 (which there were small amounts of wiggle room for as well), all were clustered around the same levels (27-30, 35 for Jasmine's Steelix).

ultimately the regions just need to be well designed and have good pacing. i think the poor pacing is perhaps the biggest issue with Kalos since it's kind of everywhere.

A Pokemon game is judged by the personal experience of each customer. And different groups of players look for different things while playing the games: some care more about the story, others care more about the graphics, about a longer game, about a longer postgame, a more challenging game, a more enhanced online mode for cometitive battles, a good Pokemon selection, a bigger Region for better exploration, etc.

So each one of us judges the game depending of how much is satisfies himself. That´s why some people like certain generations more than others.

For me, the N1 Generation to date, is the current generation: GEN6. Why?

Because is has most of the things that I care about in a Pokemon game:

- Best Pokemon Selection (all Pokes are available exept events)

- Best Storyline (ORAS)

-Best Graphics (ORAS)

- Best Regiondesign (ORAS)

- Most player friendly interface ever (ORAS: Pokenav Plus especially)

- great new features (Soaring)

- MEGA EVOS

- And most importantly, the biggest help ever in cometitive battling

- PSS,which is better than ever

I'd consider myself hardcore.

youre-not-hardcore-unless-you-live-hardcore_961.gif

I... don't get it. LOL

In my opinion, a hardcore gamer is not someone who only battles competitively. It's someone who's played at least one installment of every generation religiously. Blue, Silver, Crystal, Gen. 3, Gen. 4, Gen. 5, X, Y, Alpha Sapphire. Someone who's played all of those games, I'd consider hardcore. I'd consider myself hardcore because I played all of those games. I still can't battle my way out of a paper bag, however.

Also, in my opinion, a casual gamer is someone who picks up a title once every few years. Blue here, Diamond there, maybe Y now. Those are the casuals.

For myself, as a self-named hardcore player, I don't need AI that thinks like a competitive championship trainer, I'd die every single time. But I would like AI that doesn't use status moves when it can go for the kill. That lets their Pokémon die when they have healing items. I'd like an actual challenge. The Elite Four AI is what regular trainers should have, with Champion AI going to rivals and Gym Leaders, then the E4 and Champion getting monstrous AI.

Focus more on characters and story and FEATURES rather than aesthetics. I personally started playing this franchise back when it was 8-bit. It could go back to 8-bit right now for all I care as long as I get more focus on characters and story and features. Pretty is fine, but not if it's ONLY pretty like Kalos.

Casual players won't care about any of that stuff, they'll just play it to kill some time, that's what a casual player is. But at least us hardcore players will know it's there.

More content does not equal less customers, it's still going to be roughly the same number of customers, but at least the customers you already have will be satisfied and more inclined to keep coming back.

I love this post so much.

I don't really do any competitive battling either, but I still consider myself hardcore.

I've played every game in the series, and I've played every game multiple times. I play religiously. I have a full living National Pokedex. I know the moves, abilities, and stats of dozens and dozens of Pokemon off the top of my head from years of experience. I enjoy team building, even just for in-game. I know basically the entire type chart by heart. I know every Pokemon, and I can tell you how almost all of them evolve.

I don't do competitive, but I am by no means a casual player either. I am a dedicated hardcore player and fan. I would absolutely love a much bigger main game. More difficulty through stronger and smarter AI, GL and E4 held items, less hand holding, and more actual challenges. Make me lose a battle here and there. Make me think on my toes! Make me sweat with a E4 battle. Don't just let me sweep the game away. And add more content!

More towns and cities! Oh, there's 8 badges? Okay, 8 badge towns, so give me an extra dozen or so! Let's have a minimum of one town in between every other badge town! Add more sidequests, including optional ones! More hidden secrets, more open exploration, even just optional. Give me quests and missions to do for people or something other than the main linear story! Let's have a stronger and deeper story! BW's story was good, but to me, that should only be a standard or minimum.

Exactly. I haven't lost a major battle since the original Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. I could never get past Drake in Ruby. And I haven't had to grind to get ahead since... Black 2? (Well, technically Ruby since I'm replaying it to migrate some 3rd Gen. Pokémon for that poster in AS)

And yes, more sidequests. We only ever got the Parfum Palace sidequest with Shauna, but we didn't get anything with Serena/Calem, nothing with Tierno, and nothing with Trevor. We didn't get to see Sina and Dexio as the Defenders Of Kalos, defeating bad guys. We heard about the horrors of Route 10 and apparently that all of our friends we'd met for the entire journey (minus Gym Leaders and Elite 4 and Diantha) were fighting in that route.

Like... I'd like more points of view than just mine, y'know? Especially if there's such amazing things as my friends taking on the Pokémon equivalent of genocide just a route away from where I'm saving the world.

And YES to more towns between each badge town. But not filler towns, every town should have a purpose. That's actually what I liked about Kalos. Aside from Camphrier and Dendemille, every single town had a purpose, and even those two towns were the only way to get somewhere important (Parfum Palace and the snow cave, respectively)

that's roughly the current design of a lot of regions right now though. not to mention region size is a diminishing return: the larger the region is, the larger the risk of having essentially "filler" locations. what should matter is how the region is qualitatively and not quantitatively.

ironically, the region you want is fairly close to what Kalos is. it has 16 cities/towns in the main-game (17 in the post), 22 routes, two forests, four (?) caves, and some ocean, if only a small bit. the only thing Kalos overtly lacks from the region you want is that it's missing 8 routes and some freedom in gym order. on routes, it's a part of the quality over quantity aspect. Kanto has a fair number of routes (25?), but then also has a sizeable number that are just essentially filler routes (Routes 4, 5, 7, 10, 14, 16, 18, and 24 are all mostly very small straight lines with a small patch of grass with few (if any) trainers).

on freedom of gym order, that's a double-edged sword. that freedom caused Crasher and Maylene to have the same leveled teams despite being being third and fourth gym leaders and same with Koga and Sabrina. this issue also caused GSC to be plagued with serious level progression as gyms 5-7 (which there were small amounts of wiggle room for as well), all were clustered around the same levels (27-30, 35 for Jasmine's Steelix).

ultimately the regions just need to be well designed and have good pacing. i think the poor pacing is perhaps the biggest issue with Kalos since it's kind of everywhere.

My ideal region sounds like Kalos, because my ideal region is very similar to Kalos. (Well, my favorite is Sinnoh, but Kalos is by far the best-designed). I don't think there needs to be a sacrifice between quality and quantity. Both can be present in the game. If it means a longer break between games for both more quantity and quality, I don't really care. I'll wait.

Kalos could've been the very best region we've ever had if we'd had a few changes: Start in Lumiose City like Ash did in the anime and give us a choice of North (Valerie), South (Viola), West (Ramos) and East (Olympia) and adjust the levels of the people in your chosen direction accordingly, they could've not made so many things either be filler content or irrelevant to the Team Flare, AZ's War, Mega Evolution or Looker Chronicle plots, improve the Pokémon distribution (and for that matter... introduce more Kalos Pokémon) and just made everything tighter.

In my opinion, there were so many places that could've been improved. There's an off-screen Rhyhorn Racing track just between Santalune and the Pokémon League. A racing track we do get to see in the anime. And even the manga if I remember correctly. So why wasn't there access to it in the games? We could've raced our irrelevant Mother character who got a mysterious note from Sycamore that we never got to know the contents of.

And then there's the Glittering Cave sidequest... That wasn't with Trevor... Why? He's the most knowledgable of our friends, he would've been useful to go with instead of Serena/Calem, who just... shows up.

And what about Skiddo ranch? We couldn't have raced Tierno there? We couldn't buy or obtain a Skiddo ourselves that we could actually mount in the overworld?

They took so little advantage of all of these characters that had such amazing potential and they could've saved themselves so much criticism if they'd just put in more time to make it QUALITY.

So after his trip to Boston for the worlds, Masuda will go to London and then, to Lyon.
Lyon was the capital of France before Paris, and is located on the SOUTH part of France.

I... don't get it. LOL

You've never seen School of Rock? :( It's just what I hear in my head whenever anyone says hardcore haha, didn't mean anything by it.

And so this isn't off-topic: Pokemon is cool, huh.

Edit: Oh we're playing holidays with Masuda again.

I feel so horrible, it's like we're stalking the poor man lol. Pokemon fans... we be creepin' and rollin'.

So let's say his trip to Southern France is related to the new games. Would that mean that the games are still under development?

I feel so horrible, it's like we're stalking the poor man lol. Pokemon fans... we be creepin' and rollin'.

So let's say his trip to Southern France is related to the new games. Would that mean that the games are still under development?

Games in general tend to b in development until the last couple of months where they're mass produced and then shipped out to stores. It might b much later in development, but it wouldn't b unusual if they were still working on it at this point. Either way him going there could just b a hint at the game rather than a need for the actual development. It makes me more excited tho!! I can't wait for this weekend. I really hope we all don't get trolled and end up disappointed lol

I feel as if there is some piece of recent news confirming the new games or a hint of them, that I missed. Can somebody explain?

So after his trip to Boston for the worlds, Masuda will go to London and then, to Lyon.
Lyon was the capital of France before Paris, and is located on the SOUTH part of France.

Hey, maybe we'll get both Poke-England and Poke-south France! :p

Also, according to Bulbapedia, Kiloude city is based on Lyon.

While Lyon is much more southern than it is northern, it is still around 380km (235 miles) away from the French Riviera. I'd be really disappointed if it was Lyon that GF were using as their inspiration for Southern Kalos.

Lyon as the inspiration for Kiloude makes a lot of sense when you compare the formers position on a map of France and the latters position on a map of Kalos. So if we are due to get a Southern Kalos, I sincerely hope they've taken inspiration from the extreme South, as that would give us the varied, diverse region that Kalos should be.

I feel as if there is some piece of recent news confirming the new games or a hint of them, that I missed. Can somebody explain?

Essentially, a silhouette in the trailer for next year's movie that we're pretty sure is a Zygarde form/mega, a new blobby-pokemon type thing, and a couple merchandise ads teasing new pokemon.

People think the new games/those pokemon might be revealed at Worlds on Friday. :)

While Lyon is much more southern than it is northern, it is still around 380km (235 miles) away from the French Riviera. I'd be really disappointed if it was Lyon that GF were using as their inspiration for Southern Kalos.

Lyon as the inspiration for Kiloude makes a lot of sense when you compare the formers position on a map of France and the latters position on a map of Kalos. So if we are due to get a Southern Kalos, I sincerely hope they've taken inspiration from the extreme South, as that would give us the varied, diverse region that Kalos should be.
Cannea and the French Riviera is the perfect place to bring back Pokestar Studios, I agree completely.

As for Masuda and his many travel destinations, I dont think its South Kalos confirmed, aa much as it is new games now certain. He probably is gonna be travelling to do interviews but this early? Probably gonna be something huge I bet.

Cannea and the French Riviera is the perfect place to bring back Pokestar Studios, I agree completely.

As for Masuda and his many travel destinations, I dont think its South Kalos confirmed, aa much as it is new games now certain. He probably is gonna be travelling to do interviews but this early? Probably gonna be something huge I bet.

Oh look, its that time of the year again!
i.imgur.com/8TD3u0a.png
I hate reading these things, some of the ideas are excellent. And I never once considered that the Xerneas like one getting arrows and the Yveltal one getting Waves, likely to show off the counter. Brilliant detail. And that god damn gym line up, it burns.
Ah, the old "He tell me/My uncle who works at Nintendo" thing again. I can still remember the one that got posted on a different forum that my poor hubby read to me--this one was for B2W2 and it was so obviously fake it wasn't even funny. That's why I bother love and dread this sort of thing: CoroCoro teases us then someone decides to get their fifteen seconds of internet fame while slapping something like that together.

At least they didn't say we were getting a Mega Golurk. Anyone jokes about that and it could get.... dicey. :saiyan:
I think the answer is laziness, I dont like Masuda, as a fan of Pokemon, I get the feeling he doesn't like me.

I think Masuda is tired and wants to churn out the same thing every time.

"Shall we do DLC, nah let's just leave the games empty and incompatible"
"Shall we programme in the Hoenn Battle frontier, nah let's just copy and paste the Maison we already did, and say people don't want BF"
"ok how about key items to go to an area and catch event legends, nah we. will just distribute the legend itself, saves time"

I'm not sure it's really laziness. He seems to be very obsessed with mobile mentality and believes casuals are the end all be all of the industry, and so he designs the games entirely around what they would want and ignores everyone else's needs beyond shallow fanservice. Either way, it comes off as very ignorant.
Which is why I am so glad that Nintendo is partnering up with DeNA.

Since DeNA does mobile gaming, Masuda can move on and help them, developing whatever shovelware he'd like and maybe let somebody else take over for the mainline games. Maybe some fresh perspective will help the franchise.
And yes, more sidequests. We only ever got the Parfum Palace sidequest with Shauna, but we didn't get anything with Serena/Calem, nothing with Tierno, and nothing with Trevor. We didn't get to see Sina and Dexio as the Defenders Of Kalos, defeating bad guys. We heard about the horrors of Route 10 and apparently that all of our friends we'd met for the entire journey (minus Gym Leaders and Elite 4 and Diantha) were fighting in that route.

Like... I'd like more points of view than just mine, y'know? Especially if there's such amazing things as my friends taking on the Pokémon equivalent of genocide just a route away from where I'm saving the world.
Okay, now this needs to happen.

I really wanted to go to Route 10 and take down some of those skuzzbuckets from Team Flare like you wouldn't believe. I was not happy when I discovered that I couldn't go in there and help with the fight. So yeah, I pushed myself--at two in the morning, no less!--to keep going and nail Lysandre before he could use the Weapon. It may have cost me some sleep but I saved the Golett living on that Route, slag it!

And honestly, I'm hoping we get something like that in the next set of games: I want the opportunity to actually help out in a battle like that rather than be the default hero. It wouldn't have taken much, just have Calem/Serena tell you that your friends need your help on Route 10, battle some Flare flunkies and then go take on Lysandre. GF could also make the "flunkies" a bit more difficult to take on as you progress. A little detail like that would add to the story so much....

That's really what I want here. I just want a better story. X and Y's were a mess with multiple threads; could we get some way of tying it all together? If GF can do that, I'll consider whatever games they put out next as successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom