• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
GSC were after Kanto, and we went back there. It makes sense because Hoenn are already modeld in 3D. But anyway, it's not something strictly necessary. It's just a possibility. If not Hoenn, I see it happening in a future game, maybe with Kanto or Johto, as the fans go crazy asking to return to older regions.
well GSCHGSS were also conceptualized as sequels to the original games and part of showing the passage of time between RBYFRLG and GSCHGSS is access to Kanto as a sort of "here's what's changed." of course, the inadvertent byproduct is that both regions are somewhat anemic and inextricable. after all, Johto lacks a lot of the things that were staples to PokéJapan regions because neighboring Kanto had them (cc: Pokemon League, Cycling Road) and since Kanto isn't the main game, it's scaled down drastically. then there's all sorts of bizarre things like the encounter levels being around where they're at in RBYFRLG despite being post-game. ultimately it "works" because Kanto and Johto are both small, but they're also small because you get to go to them both. i don't think it would work all that well with Kalos and Hoenn, especially since Hoenn is very bloated.

Maybe Emma (now Lumiose's Chief of Police) asks the Z player character to accompany her on a short trip to a far-away region, where she's heard news of her father (I think Looker adopts Emma, doesn't he?). They go, and we not only get access to the Battle Frontier, we also get a cutscene of Looker reuniting with the Beauty who helped him all those years ago (now with a female Pokéfan sprite LOL) and he reveals to Emma his entire history, briefly referencing Dawn/Lucas in Platinum, Hilbert/Hilda in Black and White, and lastly, the new Looker (Serena/Calem) in X/Y. Then he somehow regains his memory, and tells us how he got to Hoenn in OR/AS (hopefully revealing that he was in fact the Police Officer in the S.S. Anne in the Kanto games).

I just feel like they're trying to build something up with him, it's just so odd that he "happened" to wash up on shore without any memory. If they wanted to make it just a regular cameo for the sake of fanservice(no, not THAT kind of fanservice), then why the hell make him loose his memory?

I honestly think they're trying to use X/Y and ORAS to build up something big for the next game(s), I can feel it in my bone marrow. And that's something that I don't say on a normal basis. I'm still not getting my hopes up too much for the next game(s), but yet I still just have this teeny-tiny gut feeling that's telling me I'm going to be flying out the window once the cat's out of the bag.

Maybe Emma (now Lumiose's Chief of Police) asks the Z player character to accompany her on a short trip to a far-away region, where she's heard news of her father (I think Looker adopts Emma, doesn't he?). They go, and we not only get access to the Battle Frontier, we also get a cutscene of Looker reuniting with the Beauty who helped him all those years ago (now with a female Pokéfan sprite LOL) and he reveals to Emma his entire history, briefly referencing Dawn/Lucas in Platinum, Hilbert/Hilda in Black and White, and lastly, the new Looker (Serena/Calem) in X/Y. Then he somehow regains his memory, and tells us how he got to Hoenn in OR/AS (hopefully revealing that he was in fact the Police Officer in the S.S. Anne in the Kanto games).

I just feel like they're trying to build something up with him, it's just so odd that he "happened" to wash up on shore without any memory. If they wanted to make it just a regular cameo for the sake of fanservice(no, not THAT kind of fanservice), then why the hell make him loose his memory?

I honestly think they're trying to use X/Y and ORAS to build up something big for the next game(s), I can feel it in my bone marrow. And that's something that I don't say on a normal basis. I'm still not getting my hopes up too much for the next game(s), but yet I still just have this teeny-tiny gut feeling that's telling me I'm going to be flying out the window once the cat's out of the bag.

Therr are at least 5 plot set ups in ORAS that can be used, one is a huge implication of AZ and the blob being connected:
-Hoopa and its legendary portals. Could be nothing, but it could be expanded on as a backstory for hoopa to be expanded in the post league of the games.
-Devon Corp, Mauville Holdings, and the use of infinite energy. I have a funny feeling Team Flare agents got involved there.
-Zinnia and Aster. No way in hell is this going to be overlooked. This one is a huge giveaway that an overallplot arc for then gen has been created, not what gen 5 got.
-Looker and his backstory. Something tells me thisinvolves hoopa and the multiverse.
-The Sootopolis Tree and that funny green light when the ecosystem stabilizes. People probably assume its Rayquaza related, or at least I think that is the consensus, but something tells me with the vines growing while the blobs merge in that Mega Evo 4 trailer tells me that something is being hinted. I honestly think the tree when planted had some of the blobs taken along with it, and they monitor Hoenn through it. Now if AZ did that intentionally, who knows.

I dont think there is anything else, but if GF follows up on all of these, builds a plot around it, and expands them in some way, its gonna be one hell of a game. More so if we consider that they can add Zygarde lore, Volcanion lore and whatever else they want on top of it all.

Last edited:
I would really like to know how Masuda is as a person, the way he thinks, so I could predict his movements more easily...

For example, is he a man of word (something very typical with japanese culture, they are obsessed with honor) , or is he somebody who changes his mind easily (which would be strange for a japanese) ...

As I said earlier, the key question is will he stay true to his words, about having a more minimalistic and mobile oriented mentality and approach towards future Pokemon main games, or will he make a more complete game as fans have been asking him, and act as he never said anything about mobile mentality...

If he is a man of word, we are deffinitely not getting anything different this gen.
Also, I remember someone from GF talking about returning to simplicity in gen 7, so that makes me think they could be for real about simplifying the games... or he could refer to simplifying things like ivs and Evs... i don't have a clue.

But regarding the next games, the Kalos sequels/whatever, I really dont know what to think. On the one hand, I want a complete game, and would like if thats what GF made. But on the other hand, as a Hoenn fan, I couldnt forgive Masuda if he puts a BF or a PWT in the next game, after selling me that Mobile mentality shit with my favourite and long expected game.

So i got a dilemma there... On the one hand, I would be more comfortable if mobile mentality is just the new way of GF instead of a short burst of laziness that happens to affect precisely the games I was most excited about, ORAS.But on the other hand, I definitely don't want this mobile mentality in future games...

Last edited:

I don't know if they're building up to something big with the next game, but they're definitely building up to something with Looker. They killed his Croagunk off-screen, gave him an adoptive daughter, made him make off-screen unknown deals with both Malva and Xerosic, and then they show him washing up on Hoenn's shores with amnesia at least five years prior?

AND they hint in one of the Secret Bases that an agent of the International Police (Looker's organization) stalked a criminal who was hiding in a base near the first? When both bases were up against the shores of Hoenn and probably have currents connecting to the Battle Resort?

There's no way they're leaving both the Looker Chronicles and Zinna's story left untold. I would say both are coming to a head in the next game. If it weren't for the fact that it'll obviously be part of Kalos' saga, I might suggest it would be in the middle of the timeline (between Sinnoh and Unova Part 1) and would show us how Looker lost Croagunk.

Last edited:
Okay, I have an unlikely but interesting idea for what this blob thing is supposed to be. I doubt that it's necessarily just an Anime-only creature that is merely part of Zygarde (due to heavy promotion); I doubt that it's really a new Pokemon (it seems too heavily tied to Zygarde, and why only include one new Pokemon if GF is truly going for Gen 6.5?); I also think it stands out too much to be a Zygarde forum.

I'm going to go outside the box and say that this critter is going to be part of a new mechanic of symbiotic creatures exclusive to to Pokemon Z/X2Y2/XZYZ. I shall call these creatures Pokebyotes. Basically, Pokebyotes will be creatures that are meant to power-up existing Pokemon by taking a slot in your party in exchange for being able to power up a party member. Some Pokebyotes will even give a Mega Evolution-like state to the Pokemon introduced in Gen 6! The blob we're shown is one of these critters meant to power up Zygarde into that giant we see in the screenshots and the 19th movie trailer.

As for how you would get a hold of these Pokebyotes, i'm guessing you'd need a Key Item to find and store them.

What do you guys think?

I don't know if they're building up to something big with the next game, but they're definitely building up to something with Looker. They killed his Croagunk off-screen, gave him an adoptive daughter, made him make off-screen unknown deals with both Malva and Xerosic, and then they show him washing up on Hoenn's shores with amnesia at least five years prior?

AND they hint in one of the Secret Bases that an agent of the International Police (Looker's organization) stalked a criminal who was hiding in a base near the first? When both bases were up against the shores of Hoenn and probably have currents connecting to the Battle Resort?

There's no way they're leaving both the Looker Chronicles and Zinna's story left untold. I would say both are coming to a head in the next game. If it weren't for the fact that it'll obviously be part of Kalos' saga, I might suggest it would be in the middle of the timeline (between Sinnoh and Unova Part 1) and would show us how Looker lost Croagunk.
while it's possible, i still doubt it. Pokemon/GameFreak leaves loose ends all the time (cc: Hilda/Hilbert in another region looking for N). not to mention that Looker only appears in four games and three out of those four are him helping you deal with the bad guys (his job??). to me, it just seems like he's a little easter egg to deal with the perpetual "where are the adults/police" question ever present in Pokemon. not to mention....there is no story? i can see Zinnia getting some more treatment because there is actually things happening there.

but for Looker? he just oddly appears in Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos as a member of the International Police (the only member of PokéINTERPOL that we've ever met) and he's usually the only reference to this police force. in Hoenn he appears even more oddly, having amnesia. if we want to assume that there is something other than him being a vehicle for the Audinite, then i would guess his story is that PokéINTERPOL is hogwash and Looker is a nutjob (a benevolent nutjob, but a nutjob nonetheless) trying to cope with his memory loss by pretending to be a member of a likely fictional police force. all else that we have is that in English versions he's presumably a foreigner (due to his not-so-colloquial english) and that he has/had a Croagunk that might have died between the events in Sinnoh and XY. not to mention three out of four of his appearances are post-game, which should always be taken with a grain of salt.

but for Looker? he just oddly appears in Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos as a member of the International Police (the only member of PokéINTERPOL that we've ever met) and he's usually the only reference to this police force. in Hoenn he appears even more oddly, having amnesia. if we want to assume that there is something other than him being a vehicle for the Audinite, then i would guess his story is that PokéINTERPOL is hogwash and Looker is a nutjob (a benevolent nutjob, but a nutjob nonetheless) trying to cope with his memory loss by pretending to be a member of a likely fictional police force. all else that we have is that in English versions he's presumably a foreigner (due to his not-so-colloquial english) and that he has/had a Croagunk that might have died between the events in Sinnoh and XY. not to mention three out of four of his appearances are post-game, which should always be taken with a grain of salt.

That would be both hilarious and sad if Looker just thinks he's an international police agent. Certainly explains why you end up doing most of the work.

Also, I remember someone from GF talking about returning to simplicity in gen 7, so that makes me think they could be for real about simplifying the games... or he could refer to simplifying things like ivs and Evs... i don't have a clue.

But regarding the next games, the Kalos sequels/whatever, I really dont know what to think. On the one hand, I want a complete game, and would like if thats what GF made. But on the other hand, as a Hoenn fan, I couldnt forgive Masuda if he puts a BF or a PWT in the next game, after selling me that Mobile mentality shit with my favourite and long expected game.

So i got a dilemma there... On the one hand, I would be more comfortable if mobile mentality is just the new way of GF instead of a short burst of laziness that happens to affect precisely the games I was most excited about, ORAS.But on the other hand, I definitely don't want this mobile mentality in future games...

About returning to simplicity, probably he was talking about the Pokemon designs at that time.
Overall, taking in account that Masuda works with a franchise, he has an entrepreneurial mindset, and what Pokemon has to do is please the fans.

I think one of the most important points is to understand the mentality of Japanese fans. Does it differ much from Western fans? Here overall ask for a more complete game, at least that's what is evidenced in most forums here. So what kind of group would be pleased with a more simple and casual game?
I don't think GF is lazy or would get this mobile idea from nothing, they should probably have a dialogue with the fans.

I actually could see them bridging the Looker gap between ORAS and XY. It does seem strange to me, that they would give him such a big role as his usual self in XY, but then have him wash up on the shore of the Battle Resort with no memory in ORAS, with no hint as to how he ends up going from there the where we saw him just previously.

Lately, I have found myself really loving the idea of Zygarde's game being a prequel to XY. If it were, then it would be a perfect opportunity to link Looker's Gen VI appearances.

I was actually thinking about it the other day, and had a few other ideas regarding a potential XY prequel.

Firstly, it's something that they haven't really done before, so it would have that same "unexpected" sheen that B2W2 had. They actually have said that they aren't going to do just a straight-up Z game. That whole "we're going to tie XY up in some interesting ways" thing. Now, I may be about to go full tinfoil hat, but bear with me:

- At that one man's house in Anistar, we all know about the woman who tells us that a few years back, another group of people came by, asking questions about the Legendary Pokémon, like Team Flare. In the event of a prequel, that could very well be the villainous team, and - crazy thought - what if they are also revealed to be the team that Archie and Maxie used to work for? Granted that that would just be more of a cool reference as opposed to anything relevant, but we don't have a lot to go on right now, so there are a lot of possibilities. :p

- Dexio was said to have gone on a Pokédex quest two years before XY. Maybe he could be our rival? I think that would be pretty cool.

- It's minor, but there was also the woman in Anistar who said that if they lived in a mystery novel, there would probably be something buried at the tip of the Anistar Sundial's shadow. Obviously we know that there is nothing there in XY, but maybe that's because it was already found in the prequel. ;) The Anistar Sundial itself is still shrouded in mystery as well.

- Of course, there is also the Battle Frontier. Enough time could have passed by the time of the prequel for it to have finished construction. We only couldn't access it in XY because they were the first games of the Generation there was no real access point to get to the Battle Resort. If indeed the next game(s) were to be set in southern Kalos, as I am fairly confident that it will be, then they could easily set up a docking port or something in a new coastal town. And honestly, the Battle Frontier tease in ORAS just seems way too blatant to be just a slap in the face cheeky Emerald reference.

- A prequel could also tie up the micro-plot about the "You are not the one" Hex Maniac. She seemed to be alive in ORAS, but was a ghost in XY. Like Looker, a prequel could bridge that gap.

Now there are still some definite potential problems with the prequel theory, depending on how they play it. For one thing, we can probably assume that Xerneas/Yveltal will be obtainable in it. If there are two games, then this isn't really a problem - the prequel to X will just have us capture Yveltal, and vice-versa with Xerneas in the Y prequel. Which would handily explain the opposite-version mascot's absence in XY. But, if there is only one prequel game, then how do they approach that? One of the mascots must remain dormant in order for Team Flare to discover them in XY. Best I can figure is that they would give us a Eon-Dragons-in-Emerald/Fossil Pokémon-esque choice between which mascot we wanted.

Another issue is, why did nobody in XY mention anything about a villain team doing bad stuff involving Zygarde a few years prior? And if, say, they also explain the mysteries of the Anistar Sundial, why is it still a mystery, come XY? The conspiracy theorist in me suspects some kind of localized mindwipe - which, if done correctly, could even amazingly explain the whole "Why did Sycamore say that Mega Evolution was 'new' and only happened in Kalos?" thing, which doesn't even make sense in the context of XY due to the Tower of Mastery, let alone ORAS - but the rational part of me says that that would all be far too complicated. Though it would somewhat further justify the lack of an intricate story in XY - maybe they left XY a little more vague and simple in terms of plot so that a prequel would cause fewer problems? That's probably giving them too much credit, though. :p

Anyway, I am not claiming that any of this is necessarily evidence for a prequel. Just that, if they were to go that route, then these are some ideas that they could explore.

About returning to simplicity, probably he was talking about the Pokemon designs at that time.
Overall, taking in account that Masuda works with a franchise, he has an entrepreneurial mindset, and what Pokemon has to do is please the fans.

I think one of the most important points is to understand the mentality of Japanese fans. Does it differ much from Western fans? Here overall ask for a more complete game, at least that's what is evidenced in most forums here. So what kind of group would be pleased with a more simple and casual game?
I don't think GF is lazy or would get this mobile idea from nothing, they should probably have a dialogue with the fans.

Are you implying that Japanese fans don´t care much about the games being complete?

PD I doubt ANY fans would say "Oh, GF, please make the games more casual! They are too complicated the way they are now..."

Are you implying that Japanese fans don´t care much about the games being complete?

PD I doubt ANY fans would say "Oh, GF, please make the games more casual! They are too complicated the way they are now..."

I dont say that, but in a interview he stated that fans were complaining that the games were geting too difficult.
I dont see it in forums, and I dont understand the japanese language to participate and analyze. It's more a question, not an affirmation.
I think it's important to undertand if the japanese fans, great parcel of the pokemon consumers, have any different position.
If there isnt, so then it gives a clearer idea of Masuda line.

I dont say that, but in a interview he stated that fans were complaining that the games were geting too difficult.
I dont see it in forums, and I dont understand the japanese language to participate and analyze. It's more a question, not an affirmation.
I think it's important to undertand if the japanese fans, great parcel of the pokemon consumers, have any different position.
If there isnt, so then it gives a clearer idea of Masuda line.

Yes, I understand... Usually, I consider Japanese fans mostly "hardcore", however, it could be the opposite... And you definitely have a point in that GF must do what fans WANT in order to sell more... I can´t imagine anybody asking for a more simple Pokemon game... however... I have heard some gen 1 and 2 fans ranting about how complicated the games have became... they could be a majority without we being aware... I doubt it though...

Last edited:
It's often a thing that the games that feature the Pokemon that the movie features are released before the actual movie.
Example: the Hoopa movie featured/focused on Hoopa Unbound, and OR/AS (the only game so far to have Hoopa Unbound in it) came out in Nov 2014, while the movie was released in July 2015.

Zygarde hasn't had any special feature (confirmed) yet, so my guess (assuming that the pattern applies here too) would be that the next games launch sometime before July 2016. Having a movie featuring Zygarde's forms/mega evolution/s released before the game that had them is possible.

Edit:
According to Bulbapedia, the Giratina movie came out in Japan in July 2008, and Platinum came out in the September. So that scenario has happened before.
I guess we could have another B2W2 situation, where the games launched the month before the Kyurem movie did. June & July 2012, respectively.
Speaking of B2W2, they were revealed in Feb 2012. Only four months before they were released. An early 2016 release isn't completely outlandish, especially if Pokken isn't out until Spring 2016 (ie, March-May), and PMD is out in late 2015 in all regions bar Europe. Also, FR/LG came out in January 2004.
It's 2.30am and I'm over-analysing this. pls halp

Last edited:
and PMD is out in late 2015 in all regions bar Europe.
Europe is a big territory. NoE aren't going to release SMD practically alongside a new main series game. They could have easily scheduled SMD for a late 2015 release (if not September), but they didn't.

It also makes little sense to announce Pokkén first if it is meant to be preceded by a main series game.

Last edited:
It's often a thing that the games that feature the Pokemon that the movie features are released before the actual movie.
Example: the Hoopa movie featured/focused on Hoopa Unbound, and OR/AS (the only game so far to have Hoopa Unbound in it) came out in Nov 2014, while the movie was released in July 2015.

Zygarde hasn't had any special feature (confirmed) yet, so my guess (assuming that the pattern applies here too) would be that the next games launch sometime before July 2016. Having a movie featuring Zygarde's forms/mega evolution/s released before the game that had them is possible.

Edit:
According to Bulbapedia, the Giratina movie came out in Japan in July 2008, and Platinum came out in the September. So that scenario has happened before.
I guess we could have another B2W2 situation, where the games launched the month before the Kyurem movie did. June & July 2012, respectively.
Speaking of B2W2, they were revealed in Feb 2012. Only four months before they were released. An early 2016 release isn't completely outlandish, especially if Pokken isn't out until Spring 2016 (ie, March-May), and PMD is out in late 2015 in all regions bar Europe. Also, FR/LG came out in January 2004.
It's 2.30am and I'm over-analysing this. pls halp

The problem with this is New Zygarde, and Zygos the Zygote are already scheduled to appear in the Mega Evolution Special in Fall 2015 are they really going to make us wait about 9 months after seeing these 2 before allowing us to catch em and play with them?

I don't expect there will be anything shown or revealed, but it's the last day of the World Championships today and it starts in like 15 minutes, just in the very small case something might be revealed (doubt it!)

The problem with this is New Zygarde, and Zygos the Zygote are already scheduled to appear in the Mega Evolution Special in Fall 2015 are they really going to make us wait about 9 months after seeing these 2 before allowing us to catch em and play with them?
Kecleon and a few other Generation III Pokemon were revealed in the anime in 2001. Generation III started in 2002 (in Japan). Munchlax was revealed May 2004. Generation IV started in 2006 (in Japan).

they don't have to wait a long time, but then again, there's precedent for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom