• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
An announcement in CoroCoro makes more sense now tbh. Talking about a potential game mascot and what's possibly a new Pokemon in the September issue points toward an announcement is there instead. I've been thinking how the releases would work and I think this would make more sense:

- PSMD releasing in early January for Europe.
- Zygarde games in late February or sometime in March for worldwide.
- Pokken Tournament for late April or early May.

It gives enough time for PSMD and the main series games. Though, I have to wonder... Will PSMD include the green blob? It's a bit odd how they're going to talk about it on September 15th and PSMD is releasing in Japan a few days after. And all legendaries do have a role in the story, that includes Zygarde too.

I'm in Europe and it sucks having to wait longer for PSMD but I can deal I guess. It would be nice having the blob included but I highly doubt it will be, I think it's way too early, even to add in moves/anything for it. Plus I think the game has been in production a lot longer than the Pokémon has even been on the drawing board.

Maybe a little conversation scenario regarding the blob at the end of the main game? But I can't imagine it actually being there...

I think that depends upon when they plan to release it. If it is a very early 2016 release, then yes, promotion starting in Fall/Autumn could make sense. Though if it's later in the year, then I would agree that they're revealing this a bit too early.

That's what I'm saying though, having all of that marketing and promotion in the fall makes a later release less likely.

I'm not even bummed that nothing was announced at this point lol. There's either going to be no main series game until fall 2016, or no game left in this gen at all and we're just gearing up for Gen 7 cause they really are leaving Kalos/a third instalment in the dark.

>Zygarde is getting a new form and Malva is featuring in Mega Evolution Act 4.
>Kalos is getting left in the dark.

Yeeeeaaahh, I doubt that.

That's what I'm saying though, having all of that marketing and promotion in the fall makes a later release less likely.

I'm not even bummed that nothing was announced at this point lol. There's either going to be no main series game until fall 2016, or no game left in this gen at all and we're just gearing up for Gen 7 cause they really are leaving Kalos/a third instalment in the dark.

I mentioned an either/or situation, I didn't say Kalos IS getting left in the dark.
I get the Malva thing, but it's questionable until it airs, very questionable. I would like to see her potentially play a bigger role than in the games though

I mentioned an either/or situation, I didn't say Kalos IS getting left in the dark.
I get the Malva thing, but it's questionable until it airs, very questionable. I would like to see her potentially play a bigger role than in the games though

It's not an either/or situation, an early 2016 release doesn't automatically disqualify it from being another 6th gen game.

It's not an either/or situation, an early 2016 release doesn't automatically disqualify it from being another 6th gen game.

I didn't say that? I meant if it's being held off for so long, speculatively speaking. I meant the possibility of the next 6th gen game being a Fall 2016 release. The 'or' was no game left at all in THIS generation, and the possibility of the lead into Gen 7.

And this is what happens when Game Freak decided to release a main series game each year since 2009: people are expecting more sooner than usual and are let down easily when there isn't.

3moreweeks.jpg

So are we forgetting that for the pentagonal "gen 6" mark on Pokémon, the game value is programmed to be one of 6 values? Why would they put extra ones in? And also, they know there's a game coming and they're just torturing us to torture us. They knew we were expecting them to announce at worlds. Did you see the way the did the introduction of the Pokkén video? They knew exactly what they were doing.

While I agree in that it may not necessarily be a good business idea, they've done it before. Emerald and XD launched within a month of eachother in Europe. It isn't unheard of.
That was 10 years ago back when Europe could take a year to localize a main series game, and yes, that decision hurt XD's sales badly. Ever since then, the gap between retail releases has been at least three months, with the only exceptions being PokéPark Wii and Typing DS. Those games required little promotion and were basically treated as afterthoughts in Europe. I don't see why Super Mystery Dungeon would be subjected to the same fate, especially now that wordwide releases are possible.

Also, Europe is very big on holiday releases; delaying a game until Q4 might be understandable, but not the other way around. Three big games (all requiring promotion) being released between January and June would be completely unprecedented and outright bizarre with Q4 being empty.

flanl said:
So are we forgetting that for the pentagonal "gen 6" mark on Pokémon, the game value is programmed to be one of 6 values? Why would they put extra ones in?
For the same reason there are unused game values from previous generations. They probably put it there before they even decided to remake Ruby and Sapphire (in late 2012).

Last edited:
I don't think we should take the PSMD European release date into account. Nintendo hates us, we don't get nearly as many events as America or Japan, we don't have a Pokemon Centre, we cant even import from the one in the USA, they are always happy to make us wait last. In ORAS there was a worldwide distribution for everyone except Europe. As has been stated in the past, they threw XD and Emerald at us one month apart, they didn't seem to really care. They made us wait for Platinum like 3 months after the US got it.

So really lets not take European releases into account, Europe will always be an after thought in Nintendo's eyes. (Still waiting for them gold and silver mario amiibos, that USA, Japan and Australia all have)

So really lets not take European releases into account, Europe will always be an after thought in Nintendo's eyes.)
There has always been a holiday release in Europe since 1999. These delays you mentioned are not comparable to moving a big 2015 game to a spot where its sales would be cannibalized by a main series release. If we have to look at an example from 10 years ago, at least in XD's case they localized the game fairly fast (for 2005's standards) and gave it a holiday release.

So really lets not take European releases into account, Europe will always be an after thought in Nintendo's eyes.)
There has always been a holiday release in Europe since 1999. These delays you mentioned are not comparable to moving a big 2015 game to a spot where its sales would be cannibalized by a main series release. If we have to look at an example from 10 years ago, at least in XD's case they localized the game fairly fast (for 2005's standards) and gave it a holiday release.

When you say holiday release, do you mean specifically Christmas or Christmas, Easter, Summer? Pretty sure we don't get a big game every year in the EU since 1999, for the simple fact there isnt that many is there.

What did we get in 2008 for example? What are we getting in 2015?

When you say holiday release, do you mean specifically Christmas
I mean Christmas. Any game released in October-December has its sales augmented by the pre-Christmas period.

What did we get in 2008 for example?
Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia.

What are we getting in 2015?
That's the point. The fact that SMD isn't being released in Q4 2015 is very weird and shouldn't be ignored.

I mean Christmas. Any game released in October-December has its sales augmented by the pre-Christmas period.

What did we get in 2008 for example?
Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia.

What are we getting in 2015?
That's the point. The fact that SMD isn't being released in Q4 2015 is very weird and shouldn't be ignored.

K well I had a look and you are largely correct but we didn't get any Pokemon game in 2002 and while this is 13 years ago, it means skipping 2015 and its holiday season wouldnt be without precedent. In 2003 we got Ruby/Sapphire in July, but then nothing big in the Oct-Dec window, only Pokemon pinball. So your right its very uncommon, but not completely unheard of.

Also I noticed in October 2001 Europe got both Crystal and Pokemon Stadium 2 literally just 12 days a part. So I don't think an early 2016 PMD release rules out another Gen VI installment in a similar window.

Also is there any possibility of them revealing the new games in September Corocoro, then promoting in september october and november, for a November/December realease? It would tie in with the 4th Mega evo special?

K well I had a look and you are largely correct but we didn't get any Pokemon game in 2002 and while this is 13 years ago,
The only games released in 2002 in Japan were Ruby and Sapphire, and a worldwide release was unfeasible back then.

In 2003 we got Ruby/Sapphire in July, but then nothing big in the Oct-Dec window, only Pokemon pinball.
Again, the only alternatives were delaying Ruby/Sapphire (further) or localizing Colosseum right away. Pinball RS sold decently enough.

Also I noticed in October 2001 Europe got both Crystal and Pokemon Stadium 2 literally just 12 days a part.
Those games perfectly complemented each other. The Stadium games were designed around the Transfer Pack feature.

But really, the comparison to games from 10+ years ago serves no purpose.

Also is there any possibility of them revealing the new games in September Corocoro, then promoting in september october and november, for a November/December realease? It would tie in with the 4th Mega evo special?
I see no reason why they wouldn't have announced the games by now (especially at Worlds), and let's not forget that SMD will be released in November/December in North America.

I don't think it'll be much of a problem if they release all three. They've got a range of 5 months to work with, and SMD is probably not going to take that much longer to port to Europe so I can easily see that being a January release. That leaves February-May for Pokken and the new game, so they can schedule them where they're spread out enough from each other to not have much of an effect on sales. Maybe SMD in January, the new game in March, and Pokken in April/May or something along those lines.

And this is what happens when Game Freak decided to release a main series game each year since 2009: people are expecting more sooner than usual and are let down easily when there isn't.

Game Freak didn't release games in 2011. The localization teams did, and if it wasn't for B2W2's shorter localization period, they would've been released in 2013 outside of Japan (or December 2012, which is still 21 months since BW). There has been a two-year break in every generation.

I'm sure that SMD won't b affected or have an effect on or from the new game they end up releasing. I'm not sure y they chose to push back the EU release of it, but in my opinion I feel like they're not gonna give that release as much time away from Z or whatever as the rest of the releases. Whatever the reason for the push back, I can very well c Nintendo looking at it from the big picture and using the 2015 release dates as a focal point rather than the single 2016 release. That way by their eyes and technically the rest of the world's eyes, SMD would have been out for a while and releasing the next main series game won't b much of a problem. It's not ideal for the EU, but it may just b what it is. As for the Pokken Tournament release I c no problem there what so ever. While it might have some kind of story I don't think it and the main series game will clash. They r 2 totally different games and while they r the same franchise I don't c them being much competition for each other. Some people r gonna buy the main game, some people r gonna buy Pokken, and some r gonna buy both. They could very well release those 2 games a week apart and they would prolly do about as good.

I'm sure that SMD won't b affected or have an effect on or from the new game they end up releasing. I'm not sure y they chose to push back the EU release of it, but in my opinion I feel like they're not gonna give that release as much time away from Z or whatever as the rest of the releases. Whatever the reason for the push back, I can very well c Nintendo looking at it from the big picture and using the 2015 release dates as a focal point rather than the single 2016 release. That way by their eyes and technically the rest of the world's eyes, SMD would have been out for a while and releasing the next main series game won't b much of a problem. It's not ideal for the EU, but it may just b what it is. As for the Pokken Tournament release I c no problem there what so ever. While it might have some kind of story I don't think it and the main series game will clash. They r 2 totally different games and while they r the same franchise I don't c them being much competition for each other. Some people r gonna buy the main game, some people r gonna buy Pokken, and some r gonna buy both. They could very well release those 2 games a week apart and they would prolly do about as good.

Well a week apart would be pushing it, but I think 3 weeks or a month apart would be fine.

Game Freak didn't release games in 2011. The localization teams did, and if it wasn't for B2W2's shorter localization period, they would've been released in 2013 outside of Japan (or December 2012, which is still 21 months since BW). There has been a two-year break in every generation.

I'm talking about American releases and American fans.

Breaking news PSMD to be released in the US November 20th now weve got a new date to work with/add into our calculations.

Could PMSD tie in with the Mega evo special and Zygarde, while the next main series game ties in with the movie, like around july give or take 2 months, maybe before ie may, maybe after ie september

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom