• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If nothing occurs in direct, Corocoro is the best bet to go on since they mention that they reveal what the blobs and silhouette are. I just hope corocoro doesn't go back on what they said.

So here's a question... will they try and do a worldwide release with "Z" (using that as placeholder, bear with me)like they have done with X/Y and ORAS? It's interesting to note that they will be doing this with Pokken, even though it's not a main series game like the upcoming "Z".

So here's a question... will they try and do a worldwide release with "Z" (using that as placeholder, bear with me)like they have done with X/Y and ORAS? It's interesting to note that they will be doing this with Pokken, even though it's not a main series game like the upcoming "Z".

I'd hope/think that it would be a worldwide release for the next game. It almost felt like they realized how big the series had become when they were developing X/Y and decided to embrace it. I'm sure they'll treat "Z" as a bigger deal than ORAS (the last game in each generation tends to have the most content, and there's more interesting stuff to speculate on in this case) which imo warrants a worldwide release.

Pokémon Ranger got an entire movie dedicated to it (the Manaphy one, naturally), not to mention three separate two-part specials in the main anime for each game. (The Deoxys, Riolu and Heatran specials).

So it's not unheard of. Also, along with Ranger, Mystery Dungeon is the most popular and successful spin-off. It would be the perfect time to do a Ranger-esque cross-promotion with MD.
It's much easier to incorporate elements from Pokémon Ranger into the anime than Mystery Dungeon because Ranger has the human factor (actual people) whereas MD has no humans and it has talking Pokémon (not to mention it takes place in a different kind of world) therefore I find that unlikely to happen.

I'd hope/think that it would be a worldwide release for the next game. It almost felt like they realized how big the series had become when they were developing X/Y and decided to embrace it. I'm sure they'll treat "Z" as a bigger deal than ORAS (the last game in each generation tends to have the most content, and there's more interesting stuff to speculate on in this case) which imo warrants a worldwide release.

I agree, but when it comes around to it I hope when they say Worldwide in big letters at the end of a trailer (like they did with ORAS), they don't leave Europe in the dark for a week waiting, that was probably the most annoying part for me, waiting for ORAS for an extra week, avoiding the internet as much as I could to not see spoilers.

What's also funny about this is people in the US have said "It's only a week what's the big deal", well if Europe got if first, and the US a week later, there would be outrage.

I don't think CoroCoro will be where they officially reveal the games, I think it's more likely they'll do what they did with ORAS and reveal it worldwide simultaneously on the Pokémon websites. Unless of course it's in CoroCoro and they just reveal it worldwide when CoroCoro is officially released.

Also, all I want from the next games, is NOT TO BE RELEASED IN EUROPE A WEEK AFTER EVERYWHERE ELSE! Either have it released worldwide everywhere together or don't do a worldwide release at all! (Who am I kidding, Europe is at the bottom of the list and will probably get shafted again while the U.S. will get the games at the same time!)

I agree, but when it comes around to it I hope when they say Worldwide in big letters at the end of a trailer (like they did with ORAS), they don't leave Europe in the dark for a week waiting, that was probably the most annoying part for me, waiting for ORAS for an extra week, avoiding the internet as much as I could to not see spoilers.

What's also funny about this is people in the US have said "It's only a week what's the big deal", well if Europe got if first, and the US a week later, there would be outrage.

It already happened with black and white. Europe got them two days earlier than the US and gamefaqs message boards erupted in outrage and anti European sentiments (mainly about the game corner, but there were a few posts that were just unfounded racism, if you can call it that). Two days wait for the US is a grand injustice but the minute I mention the 12 day wait for HGSS or the 7 days for ORAS and I'm being whiny. Luckily, very few people actually think that and most people appreciate that it sucks either way.

Pokémon Ranger got an entire movie dedicated to it (the Manaphy one, naturally), not to mention three separate two-part specials in the main anime for each game. (The Deoxys, Riolu and Heatran specials).

So it's not unheard of. Also, along with Ranger, Mystery Dungeon is the most popular and successful spin-off. It would be the perfect time to do a Ranger-esque cross-promotion with MD.
It's much easier to incorporate elements from Pokémon Ranger into the anime than Mystery Dungeon because Ranger has the human factor (actual people) whereas MD has no humans and it has talking Pokémon (not to mention it takes place in a different kind of world) therefore I find that unlikely to happen.

MD definitely has humans. Humans live in Primal Dialga's future in the Explorer Trilogy. The player is a human, meaning their parents were human, and their grandparents and so forth. Both the player and Gengar are humans in the original games, having been born 1,000 years apart, meaning humans existed in both those times.

The only game to not have humans native to the PMD world is Gates To Infinity.

And the anime invented the concept of talking Pokémon, so let's not lol

And honestly, there really is no need to incorporate the Mystery Dungeon games at all. All I meant by cross-promotion is having Zygos and Zygarde Ultimate debut in SPMD, then show up in the M-Evo special, then the movie and lastly, Pokémon Z.

Floette seems to be a bit too obvious, but who knows?

Zinnia Flowers are of the Asterae order, fyi. And Lysandre is Fleur De Lis inJapan, both flowers. And eternal floette sure, but flowers are everywhere already. A plot involving all of the above amd Zygarde Kaiju? Sign me up!

I wonder if the '8 months' part means anything or if it was mere speculation by the interviewer.

I wonder if the '8 months' part means anything or if it was mere speculation by the interviewer.

Probably speculation, but its interesting the interviewed party answered as if that is the timeframe. I hope it is.

Found another flower, and this one is a good one. Malva Sylvestri, which is purple. What ia purple? Malva's hair. Uh huh.

Eternal Floette certainly does make sense. As event Pokemon go I feel like it would b the most likely candidate. I can't c them going straight to Volcanion as Hoopa isn't even out yet in most of the world. So to me it makes sense as it could b a good non legendary event that doesn't really need any ties to anything. This could also b a hint about the next games I suppose, but who knows at this point lol

Flowers?

Flowers?

FLOWERS?

I feel like there should be a joke coming out of this, but I got nothin'.

Why can't September get here already. Oh my freaking flowers the tensions, mang.

... Flowers? Nice job, Pokemon, you just managed to be more cryptic than typical Square Enix.

We have a lot of flowers already, but Eternal Floette is the most likely. I mean, I doubt that they would re-introduce something like Shaymin at this point. Anyways, I'm hoping this'll tie into Zinnia and Zygarde kaiju in a brilliant flare of fridge logic.

I've never been so excited for florals.

Teasing the Eternal Floette like that, damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom