• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are pulling something good for the next games. I mean... when is the last time the final game of a generation wasn't good? They have all been good since gen I and yellow.
But I dont expect a special game, just the normal gen final game. Oh, and the flower thing... I only accept teasers from Junichi... This guy could be messing with us, he's not even japanese xD

Could be something completely out of the ordinary, Zinnia is fairly obvious, but wouldn't surprise me if their gonna bring her into a 3rd instalment.
I liked her role in the Delta episode, though forced at points it was still interesting.

I think they are pulling something good for the next games. I mean... when is the last time the final game of a generation wasn't good? They have all been good since gen I and yellow.
But I dont expect a special game, just the normal gen final game. Oh, and the flower thing... I only accept teasers from Junichi... This guy could be messing with us, he's not even japanese xD

So......u have to b Japanese in order to b a credible source from the Pokemon company........? He's the Pokemon marketing director.......if he didn't want to share anything I don't' think he'd say anything....or at least he wouldn't try and mess with us. I think whatever it is he's talking about is a real thing and u shouldn't just throw away what he said bc u only trust one person that works in the company and he's not that person. The info is credible, now we just have to find out what the meaning behind "flowers" is lol

So......u have to b Japanese in order to b a credible source from the Pokemon company........? He's the Pokemon marketing director.......if he didn't want to share anything I don't' think he'd say anything....or at least he wouldn't try and mess with us. I think whatever it is he's talking about is a real thing and u shouldn't just throw away what he said bc u only trust one person that works in the company and he's not that person. The info is credible, now we just have to find out what the meaning behind "flowers" is lol

I was joking, if he said what he said, it surely is something relevant but, a new game? I dont think he meant that... It taked more hype to hint at such an announcement

Last edited:
So it looks like Kalos third installment / sequels will be surprising.
Eternal Floette will probably get an evolution/form

I was joking, if he said what he said, it surely is something relevant but, a new game? I dont think he meant that... It taked more hype to hint at such an announcement

Ah gotcha.....anyway yeah I can c this being more like a Floette event for them to have something in between Hoopa and Volcanion

When I think of flowers in Pokémon, I think of Flabébé and it's evolution family, Bellossom, and (especially) Shaymin. However, I've got no expectations that Z or X-2 and Y-2 will make Shaymin catchable without an event like ORAS did with Deoxys, but I hope that they can do an actual event with it and it's connection with flowers?

So, I've got the expectations we will get Mega Bellossom. At this point, I'm still evolving my Gloom into Vileplume because of it keeping Poison-type. Bellossom should've been made Grass/Fairy when X & Y were released; it better get a Mega Evolution to make it as good as Vileplume.

Ok so Masuda is headed for London as we speak. Do we wanna believe that when he finally gets to Lyon in France they drop the announcement or at the very least an announcement for the announcement? lol

When I think of flowers in Pokémon, I think of Flabébé and it's evolution family, Bellossom, and (especially) Shaymin. However, I've got no expectations that Z or X-2 and Y-2 will make Shaymin catchable without an event like ORAS did with Deoxys, but I hope that they can do an actual event with it and it's connection with flowers?

So, I've got the expectations we will get Mega Bellossom. At this point, I'm still evolving my Gloom into Vileplume because of it keeping Poison-type. Bellossom should've been made Grass/Fairy when X & Y were released; it better get a Mega Evolution to make it as good as Vileplume.

If flowers are the thing, Shaymin is the man. It could be the trigger for Belossom, Floette, etc to transform, same way Deoxys in Hoenn.

Flowers > Tulips > The Netherlands.

The next Pokemon games will be set in The Netherlands for sure.

Pokemon WeedGreen confirmed.

Ok so Masuda is headed for London as we speak. Do we wanna believe that when he finally gets to Lyon in France they drop the announcement or at the very least an announcement for the announcement? lol

Is he headed there to interviews? I think I saw someone mention that a few weeks ago. If this is the case, while I doubt we'd get anything so solid, I'd expect him to least mention a few vague things about the next games. Mainly stuff like "development is going nicely" and yeah, but at least something.

Last edited:
Zinnia Flowers are of the Asterae order, fyi. And Lysandre is Fleur De Lis inJapan, both flowers. And eternal floette sure, but flowers are everywhere already. A plot involving all of the above amd Zygarde Kaiju? Sign me up!
Probably speculation, but its interesting the interviewed party answered as if that is the timeframe. I hope it is.

Found another flower, and this one is a good one. Malva Sylvestri, which is purple. What ia purple? Malva's hair. Uh huh.

It has to be the timeframe, or he'd given us a different word. Something's coming by April that'll make us go "flowers". Whether it's the Mega Evolution special, the main anime, Super Mystery Dungeon, Pokkén or something else, some part of the Pokémon franchise will make us think about flowers in the next 8 months. I don't think it'll be a new game, though, 'cause isn't Pokkén coming in April?

So candidates for this game are Zinnia, Aster, Lysandre, Malva and AZ's Floette. Safe to assume this game will finally be the one that ties OR/AS and X/Y together. I'd say a midquel.

So it looks like Kalos third installment / sequels will be surprising.
Eternal Floette will probably get an evolution/form

I would adore an Eternal Florges and Eternal Flabébé, but the fact that you can't breed or evolve Eternal Floette in X/Y gives me pause. Though it could be that they didn't code them in for... Reasons. -_- Though a form is much more likely. Something that turns it into a massive beast or something. It taps into the Infinity Energy used to bring it back to life and becomes a massive monster. Primal Eternal Floette.

I wonder if eventual Sinnoh remakes will have an event with Eternal Floette in Eterna City.

Is he headed there to interviews? I think I saw someone mention that a few weeks ago. If this is the case, while I doubt we'd get anything so solid, I'd expect him to least mention a few vague things about the next games. Mainly stuff like "development is going nicely" and yeah, but at least something.

Not sure about any of the details, but it was on his list of places he was going in the next couple of weeks. I guess we'll have to wait and c what happens.

If they announce Z, will it mean a fourth game will necessarily follow? Or could they not use the final game slot for Gen VI?

A forth installment would mean Gen VI is the longest one to date.

I honestly don't think they HAVE to use both of the final spots. It's very possible they just added an extra spot as a back up or something. On the other hand I wouldn't b opposed to a second game of any sort whether it b paired games or 2 different games. It would certainly make things more interesting that way lol

I honestly don't think they HAVE to use both of the final spots. It's very possible they just added an extra spot as a back up or something. On the other hand I wouldn't b opposed to a second game of any sort whether it b paired games or 2 different games. It would certainly make things more interesting that way lol

This is very true. Everyone's main argument for the paired versions are the two empty slots in the code and Zygarde's two moves.

But they could easily not use the final slot as they have before (or better yet, make it a completely separate game... like a standalone PWT app?) and shove both moves in one final game.

I'd actually prefer that. Only have to spend $40 as opposed to $80.

This is very true. Everyone's main argument for the paired versions are the two empty slots in the code and Zygarde's two moves.

But they could easily not use the final slot as they have before (or better yet, make it a completely separate game... like a standalone PWT app?) and shove both moves in one final game.

I'd actually prefer that. Only have to spend $40 as opposed to $80.

The other argument is that Game Freak likes multiple versions since they can get more money for the same thing. I wouldn't think they'd be too happy about going back to a singular third version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom