• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another 4chan leaker came out... -_- Apparently tomorrow we're getting a game announced. It's not Z, X2, Y2, XZ or YZ. Takes place in Southern Kalos with a new Prof. and new PC's.

28 new Pokémon. Flubber is one of them. It's Ground-type.

No new starters. New legendary trio. 50 new Mega's, mostly from Johto, Sinnoh and Unova, with some Kalos (but none of the 28 new Pokémon). Flowers will be reflected in many of the Mega's, so maybe Grass-type Mega's?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47xvl2K7R3E

I don't buy this for a second, but hopefully it's true. It'd be cool if it was.

Take it with a grain of salt, we'll see tomorrow. Personally I do see the announcement happening within the next week so he probably thought the same and predicted it would be announced on the 7/8th like x/y and or/as was.

Here's an interesting thought that I seen on another forum:

X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread - Page 24 - The PokéCommunity Forums

Pokémon "Z" as some sort of finale(but yet not quite the complete end) for the main series? It would definitely be something completely unexpected. If it was supposed to be though, wouldn't have we heard something like that by now? Or would that be the whole point of the entire surprise? I don't think they(in the forum link) are talking about the absolute end of the main series, but more like a major reboot. A reboot that would surpass what Gen V has brought about, maybe?

Yeah, I agree with Bolt the Cat; we are coming to a point where there are just too many successive reboots. Ideally, if you are going to do a reboot at all, you only need to do one. But as stated, Gen III was a reboot (a bit retroactively, but still), and then Gen V was a pseudo-reboot, and then Gen VI was a continuity reboot by way of setting everything in a new universe... I mean, don't get me wrong; I am happy that my crazy, pants-on-my-head prediction about Gen VI being a reboot turned out to be correct, but it is getting a little exhausting... they can "revert to simplicity" all they want in far more meaningful/substantial, and less tiresome ways.

People keep going on about these reboots but its not truely a reboot. Gen III offered no such reboot the only thing it did was step away from kanto for a bit. Gen V was the only gen to truly step away from kanto. If they really wanted to reboot the series they'd have to start over from scratch and that means removing some pokemon. (which they would never do) but if they did they'd have to get rid of the crappy useless ones (dunspsrace) aswell as some of the moves.

Last edited:
Anyway, I think there are elements of this that are plausible, but I doubt this rumor is true, particularly from the 50 new Megas. I also think 28 new Pokemon is a bit low. The good news with this one is we'll know pretty soon if this rumor is true since it gives a deadline of 24 hours (if we are getting something soon, it'll probably be overnight).

My main problem with the gen 6.5 theory, awesome as it is, is that it'd mean the new Pokemon wouldn't be backwards compatible with XY and would need some kind of time capsule for communication, like Gen 2 had. That makes sense if it's a new gen, but if we're still in Kalos (albeit a different part of Kalos) how could they explain the newer Pokemon not even being able to exist within their own region?
i don't think it'd be all that hard. with compatibility i think they've shown with ORAS that they don't really care. you're going to buy the new games and you're going to like it (especially if you're a competitive player). they wouldn't need a time capsule mechanic since when it was used it was a sort of "the shoe fits" solution. despite variances in time since Gen II (Hoenn doesn't take place at the same time as Kalos, for example), they have never returned the time machine concept. as for the sudden appearance, it depends on how much S. Kalos is separated from N. Kalos. after all, Johto is barely separated from Kanto and yet their distributions vary by a considerable amount. otherwise it could fall into how much time has passed. after all, in the two years between BW and BW2, the Poké-ecosystem of Unova changed substantially. hell, even in ORAS an explanation for the sudden appearance of the hidden Pokemon was never given-- at least that i can recall.

i don't think a 6.5 would happen, but i'm sure GameFreak would figure it out.

@Bolt the Cat: the 28 would be there to supplement the 72 already preexisting Kalos Pokemon. either way, i highly doubt these rumors are true.

Last edited:
damn it, I'm getting excited already even tho I know that post is probably just false info, and even tho I'd rather it be a "third version" (even if still released as two versions) rather than a sequel...
50 new megas sound WAY too much though...

My main problem with the gen 6.5 theory, awesome as it is, is that it'd mean the new Pokemon wouldn't be backwards compatible with XY and would need some kind of time capsule for communication, like Gen 2 had. That makes sense if it's a new gen, but if we're still in Kalos (albeit a different part of Kalos) how could they explain the newer Pokemon not even being able to exist within their own region?
i don't think it'd be all that hard. with compatibility i think they've shown with ORAS that they don't really care. you're going to buy the new games and you're going to like it (especially if you're a competitive player). they wouldn't need a time capsule mechanic since when it was used it was a sort of "the shoe fits" solution. despite variances in time since Gen II (Hoenn doesn't take place at the same time as Kalos, for example), they have never returned the time machine concept. as for the sudden appearance, it depends on how much S. Kalos is separated from N. Kalos. after all, Johto is barely separated from Kanto and yet their distributions vary by a considerable amount. otherwise it could fall into how much time has passed. after all, in the two years between BW and BW2, the Poké-ecosystem of Unova changed substantially. hell, even in ORAS an explanation for the sudden appearance of the hidden Pokemon was never given-- at least that i can recall.

i don't think a 6.5 would happen, but i'm just GameFreak would figure it out.

@Bolt the Cat: the 28 would be there to supplement the 72 already preexisting Kalos Pokemon. either way, i highly doubt these rumors are true.

What about pokebank though? We can't put our old pokemon in with the new ones could we?

What about pokebank though? We can't put our old pokemon in with the new ones could we?

Pretty sure they could just release an update to Bank that allows it to recognize the new Pokémon and "freeze" them from being moved around when you're using XY/ORAS (so they're stuck in the Bank boxes when using these games) and can only be moved around when using the new games.
Or they could go the way of Cosplay Pikachu that if I remember correct cannot be banked... which is less ideal...

Another 4chan leaker came out... -_- Apparently tomorrow we're getting a game announced. It's not Z, X2, Y2, XZ or YZ. Takes place in Southern Kalos with a new Prof. and new PC's.

No new starters. New legendary trio. 50 new Mega's, mostly from Johto, Sinnoh and Unova, with some Kalos (but none of the 28 new Pokémon). Flowers will be reflected in many of the Mega's, so maybe Grass-type Mega's?

And there it is. We're officially in Silly Season now, if we weren't already.

Well, even if that post is fake, as that Youtuber said there's a good chance we'll get some sort of official video/post revealing something. Since they know CoroCoro will inevitably leak, they might rather announce it a bit earlier themselves. I'm pretty sure we had a few cases of this the past year or two, that they revealed something early in the month just before the CoroCoro release/leaks...
So probably not even a mention of a new game, but potentially revealing the details about the blob that CoroCoro would have...

However, I can (sort of) see a pattern if a new game is indeed announced tomorrow. It would be almost exactly 16 months to the day after ORAS was announced, which was 16 months after XY were revealed.

...great, now I just got my hopes up.

As far as the whole backwards compatibility thing is concerned I don't think at this point it matters. New Pokemon or not there is obviously going to b new Megas and basing it on ORAS it seems that GF doesn't care about backwards compatibility. The new game(s) will have everything that the previous games have (Pokemon,megas, forms, etc.) so it's not like people buying the new games will miss anything. As for those who don't buy the new games that may or may not complain about backwards compatibility....well.....they wouldn't get the new stuff anyway bc they didn't buy the games lol

I'm going to take this "info" with professional fighting game player levels of salt.

Those little bastards...

Salt_Silos_1.jpg

Even so, I think making Booger a Ground-type is plausible. Especially if it's supposed to be closely related to Zygarde, who's part Ground-type.

As for an announcement tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen... maybe. What I'm saying is, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a game announcement either shortly before or shortly after the CoroCoro leaks. For this particular "leak" though, I'm taking it with not one, but TWO silos of salt. And if we do end up getting a surprise announcement tomorrow, I will gladly strap 7 tons of C4 to those imaginary silos and blow them to hell.

lol 4chan. Yeah I don't buy it. If it happens, then cool, whatever, but it's not going to make me start listening to what comes out of 4chan.

People keep going on about these reboots but its not truely a reboot. Gen III offered no such reboot the only thing it did was step away from kanto for a bit. Gen V was the only gen to truly step away from kanto. If they really wanted to reboot the series they'd have to start over from scratch and that means removing some pokemon. (which they would never do) but if they did they'd have to get rid of the crappy useless ones (dunspsrace) aswell as some of the moves.

I am aware that they have never executed a "hard" reboot. But we have, for two consecutive generations now, gone "back to basics" with a "new beginning." BW were supposed to feel like you were revisiting Gen I again in spirit. And then they did that yet again with Kalos. Scale everything back to a simpler, even-more-streamlined-and-tutorial format. Whereas DP built on what FRLG gave us. Platinum built on DP. And then HGSS built on Platinum. Even as much as I may prostrate at the altar of BW, I did feel as though the Gen III and IV games succeeded in having a more layered, organic, and networked rate of progress and innovation. To put it another way, the mechanical advancement had a better pace. It wasn't one extreme shift right after another. And yes, I also know that a lot of that was circumstantial and couldn't be helped. But I don't see why it would be necessary to commit another sharp mechanical swerve and overhaul, as opposed to just taking what XYORASZ have established and building on that.

the crappy useless ones (dunspsrace)

Monitor thy tongue, you. Dunsparce is life.

I don't buy the 4chan "leak" for one second, mainly because I still remember this one post that stated Greninja was fake lol. If new games are revealed tomorrow, that would probably be the mother of all coincidences rather than them being right.

Psh, it's 4chan. They're probably just trying to troll to Pokemon fans. I'm not taking this with a grain of salt... I'm gonna dismiss it til further notice.

Since it's 4chan I'm wary. Then again it has given us something to discuss until tomorrow arrives, but doubtful that we are only getting 28 Pokémon and 50 Megas. That seems faaaar, faaaar too much/little on both sides. I am, on the other hand, curious of the title. Going for one that no one expects would be great!

Psh, it's 4chan. They're probably just trying to troll to Pokemon fans. I'm not taking this with a grain of salt... I'm gonna dismiss it til further notice.

And the trollers know at this point the fans are so desperate for new information that they'll believe almost anything. That seems commonplace in video game and anime fandoms.

@swiftfox; to be fair, a few posts back had been discussion about the lack of information and discussion. Fake or not at least it's keeping the discussions and talks going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom