• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally doubt we'll see any kind of game announcement before Coro Coro leaks or is even officially released, simply because I feel they'll get those 'reveals' out of the way first, then a week or two down the line; there actually will be a teaser/first trailer for the new games, I don't think there in plans to announce a game before Coro Coro, unless the next issue promises game info (after an actual potential reveal) before Coro Coro, which I said, I doubt. I'd also expect the release date to be mid March/beginning of April, I don't see them catering to the 20th anniversary with the game being released within that month, I'd hope for something more special lol.

Even if that post was fake as we all suspected, I still insist we'll hear something. They know CoroCoro will inevitably leak. I can't think of specific examples, but I remember CoroCoro promising info and then TPCI releasing youtube videos spilling the news before CoroCoro leaked. They seem to be at least trying to fight the leaks issue, so even if it's just info on the blob and the movie trailer's shadowy figure, without any game announcements, I'd expect them to do it.

Also, the only reason they'd announce the game now is if they intended to release it in February for the 20th anniversary. Would they really choose this option though over releasing it in June to tie in with the movie as they did with BW2?
Basically if it's February release we should hear the news very soon whether through a video or CoroCoro... but if it's June release, they might wait a bit longer before they announce the game...

They always release videos the day of CoroCoro leaks or the day after for the entire OR/AS era. I would expect the same going forward.

Yeah guys its confirmed fake the guy(poketuber) who leaked it (TyranitarTube) confirmed it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TyranitarTube/status/641121824768528384

Yet another Pokétuber proves himself a scumbag. I never thought it was real, but I at least expected it to come from someone outside the fandom, not someone like that. No one is at fault for believing it, it was really well made, but I bet those who did are far more pissed off than I am right now.

I don't see him confirming that this most recent story was him, though... I just see him being sassy with a fan. And even if he is telling the truth, how do you know he's talking about this most recent post and not an older one? Like for example... Mr. XY?

I'm disregarding this unless he outright confirms it.

I don't understand why leaks are even being reported here. Unless someone provides any way of proving the authenticity of their leaks, it's irrelevant. Reporting things from 4chan of all places is especially silly since I could go there right now and post a new 'leak'. If anything, this proves that people are quite eager for a new game announcement.

I'm disregarding this unless he outright confirms it.
Why would he confirm it, though? It's obvious he'd really piss many people off if he did that.

Also, his tweets are rather suspicious. First:

If I went on 4chan and pretended to be working for gamefreak, I bet I can make it convincing enough for people to make videos on it lol.

who's to say i haven't hoaxed one already?

clearly not lol, i've got better things to do with my life

SO yeah....I personally believe he did and now he's just denying it to avoid the heat from people who will certainly be annoyed if it was him.

'Scumbag' is a little strong, isn't it?

I always take these info dump 'leaks' as a joke that everyone's in on; no harm intended, and everyone has fun passing the time discussing them until we get something real. Quite frankly if anyone's daft enough to believe something just because some random dude they never met tells them his dad/girlfriend/parole officer works at Nintendo and has the scoop, the laugh's on them.

I only tend to feel awkward about leaks when people start manufacturing super-convincing ones such as the fake Coro Coro scans showing new Pokemon, complete with Japanese text. Then it feels elaborate and unkind, like it's going too far. One is fun and silly and no-one takes it seriously. The other is deliberately and carefully fabricated to make people believe only to take pleasure in their disappointment later. That's not really funny at all.

I don't really pretend to understand this guy's intent, but we don't have to start throwing around insults ;)

Yeah, you're right, kind of uncalled for. Looking at the tweets again, it is reaching a bit, so I was just being irrational and for that, I apologise. If he did do it, however, he is still far from top bloke, but not a scumbag, it's not like he took Kojima's name off of MGSV.

If fans were less inclined to discuss baseless rumors, there would be far fewer hoaxes out there. Stop giving trolls exactly what they want.

I love when these new "leaks" get spread around, it's always fun to see what people come up with this time. X) The X/Y ones were a hoot to read.
Anyways, I know it seems stupid, but I kind of hope a new game isn't announced this year OR for atleast some of next year. Gives me some time to enjoy OR/AS the way I should, and not to mention enjoy Fire Emblem Fates when it comes out whenever it does next year. I'm the type of person that can't play two games at once, so if I could enjoy FE Fates for a little while and let that hype die down before a new Pokemon game comes out, the better. OR/AS got shoved to the side for so long because I couldn't put FE Awakening down, and while it seems stupid I was upset about that because I didn't get into the hype of Pokemon, which was a first for me. I'm just now playing OR/AS and trying to get the games completed and get everything I can do done. And I've had them since April.
Sound stupid? Yes, it does, but eh, I'm not known for making sense. xD. I do hope we get a new region for the next games, though. I think that's what kind of set me off from OR/AS a little, because it was a place I already knew and it didn't raise the excitement level a little because I had played Emerald a year ago and was returning to it again after such a short time, it that makes sense.

Anyways, I know it seems stupid, but I kind of hope a new game isn't announced this year OR for atleast some of next year. Gives me some time to enjoy OR/AS the way I should, and not to mention enjoy Fire Emblem Fates when it comes out whenever it does next year. I'm the type of person that can't play two games at once, so if I could enjoy FE Fates for a little while and let that hype die down before a new Pokemon game comes out, the better. OR/AS got shoved to the side for so long because I couldn't put FE Awakening down, and while it seems stupid I was upset about that because I didn't get into the hype of Pokemon, which was a first for me. I'm just now playing OR/AS and trying to get the games completed and get everything I can do done. And I've had them since April.
Sound stupid? Yes, it does, but eh, I'm not known for making sense. xD. I do hope we get a new region for the next games, though..

This doesn't make a lot of sense yeah :p

I get that you want time to enjoy a game but ORAS came out 9 months ago. Fire emblem fates won't be coming till 2016 in the west. Even if it releases in January you'd still have ~4 months to play the game. Even if a new pokemon game got announced, that would in no way stop you from playing ORAS. Heck, there may even be a spike in online users due to anticipation. Even if we get a reveal this month, the next games would be unlikely to release till Febuary at the very earliest, and that's a stretch.

I want GF to take their times with their games and pump out quality products like the pre-gen 6 days and so naturally that means longer development times. But in all honesty we should be receiving a new game reveal asap. Assuming a February release, they'd have ~14 months to work on the games, and the more likely summer release date only increases that development time. It's a bit selfish to want GF to delay releasing/announcing their games simply because you delayed playing the last game by 9 months. I mean, really what's stopping you from playing ORAS if a new game gets announced?

What I'm trying to get at is that perhaps you should re-think your gaming habits so you get to play games when they're released rather than a lot later. In this instance you wouldn't even have needed to buy ORAS till now.

Why would he confirm it, though? It's obvious he'd really piss many people off if he did that.

If I went on 4chan and pretended to be working for gamefreak, I bet I can make it convincing enough for people to make videos on it lol.

SO yeah....I personally believe he did and now he's just denying it to avoid the heat from people who will certainly be annoyed if it was him.

You're seeing something suspect in his Tweets because you're looking for something suspect. I could tweet those same things right now ( Follow me now at @Wynne_Richport :p ) and it wouldn't mean anything. The first Tweet is a simple fact. Any Pokémon fan would be able to convincingly craft a "leak" and since we're all so thirsty for news, any Pokétuber would be quick to make a video on it.

The second is obviously just him being sassy with a fan. We all do it, so there's nothing suspicious there. The third one... Well, I don't know him so I can't very well call him a liar or back him up.

I'm just saying... Don't be so quick to assume he's the guy. And either way, we all knew it was fake from the start, so I don't see the issue?

You're seeing something suspect in his Tweets because you're looking for something suspect. I could tweet those same things right now ( Follow me now at @Wynne_Richport :p ) and it wouldn't mean anything. The first Tweet is a simple fact. Any Pokémon fan would be able to convincingly craft a "leak" and since we're all so thirsty for news, any Pokétuber would be quick to make a video on it.

The second is obviously just him being sassy with a fan. We all do it, so there's nothing suspicious there. The third one... Well, I don't know him so I can't very well call him a liar or back him up.

I'm just saying... Don't be so quick to assume he's the guy. And either way, we all knew it was fake from the start, so I don't see the issue?
Um, he's the one that "leaked" it on youtube, so yes it's perfectly naturel to make him a suspect.

Sound stupid? Yes, it does, but eh, I'm not known for making sense. xD. I do hope we get a new region for the next games, though..

This doesn't make a lot of sense yeah :p

I get that you want time to enjoy a game but ORAS came out 9 months ago. Fire emblem fates won't be coming till 2016 in the west. Even if it releases in January you'd still have ~4 months to play the game. Even if a new pokemon game got announced, that would in no way stop you from playing ORAS. Heck, there may even be a spike in online users due to anticipation. Even if we get a reveal this month, the next games would be unlikely to release till Febuary at the very earliest, and that's a stretch.

I want GF to take their times with their games and pump out quality products like the pre-gen 6 days and so naturally that means longer development times. But in all honesty we should be receiving a new game reveal asap. Assuming a February release, they'd have ~14 months to work on the games, and the more likely summer release date only increases that development time. It's a bit selfish to want GF to delay releasing/announcing their games simply because you delayed playing the last game by 9 months. I mean, really what's stopping you from playing ORAS if a new game gets announced?

What I'm trying to get at is that perhaps you should re-think your gaming habits so you get to play games when they're released rather than a lot later. In this instance you wouldn't even have needed to buy ORAS till now.
Hence why I said I'm not known for making sense. xD.
I agree with what you say, and yeah, it's selfish, and in all honesty I could care less when a new game gets released. It's a weird thing for me. *shrug* I could go and try to explain my reasons, but it would just be a long list of rambles. xD. But I probably should, thanks for the feedback. ;)

So I'm not off topic, yeah, the leaks are fake, but like I said, it's cool to see what people come up with even though they're fake. I remember some of the fake leaks from the X/Y hype and I remember thinking some of them were freaking cool. The creativity of this fandom astonishes me a little sometimes. o3o.

So the leak was fake. Good thing I never read it. I'd rather be surprised than disappointed but not surprised.
That being said, do you guys think they'd bring in any 6th Gen Megas for the next game? They brought in Mega Diancie for ORAS, so I'm listing Mega Kalos Startes as possible new Megas.
Really, I'm just hoping for a better story. I'll play Pokemon at easy mode, but at least give me a nice story to follow. However, I wouldn't object to raising the difficulty slightly, since I see myself using traded Pokemon, which will level up fast with the EXP. Share.

So the leak was fake. Good thing I never read it. I'd rather be surprised than disappointed but not surprised.
That being said, do you guys think they'd bring in any 6th Gen Megas for the next game? They brought in Mega Diancie for ORAS, so I'm listing Mega Kalos Startes as possible new Megas.

I think aside from the high number, the Mega selection will be exactly as the leaker describes. An emphasis on 2nd, 4th, and 5th with a little bit of 6th (although we probably will get some 1st and 3rd too). We could see the 6th gen starters and legendaries get Megas, but probably not much else.

I think aside from the high number, the Mega selection will be exactly as the leaker describes. An emphasis on 2nd, 4th, and 5th with a little bit of 6th (although we probably will get some 1st and 3rd too). We could see the 6th gen starters and legendaries get Megas, but probably not much else.

I think the emphasis on 2nd, 4th and 5th gens would be appropriate; as much as I want lots Megas from 6th, those ones are also severely lacking in Megas, and they did come before it. Legendaries getting Megas... I could see the Mortality Trio Getting those, Xerneas and/or Yveltal do end up being needed to power the ultimate weapon and it could have caused a reaction of some form. Don't know about Hoopa getting one and I'm half sure Volcanion will get one.

I think the emphasis on 2nd, 4th and 5th gens would be appropriate; as much as I want lots Megas from 6th, those ones are also severely lacking in Megas, and they did come before it. Legendaries getting Megas... I could see the Mortality Trio Getting those, Xerneas and/or Yveltal do end up being needed to power the ultimate weapon and it could have caused a reaction of some form. Don't know about Hoopa getting one and I'm half sure Volcanion will get one.

I wasn't counting Hoopa and Volcanion. Hoopa already has Unbound form, so it's probably not getting anything else any time soon if ever. Volcanion will probably get something this game, but I'm not exactly sure what. I was guessing multiple forms based on different power sources.

Totally with you on Hoopa, and I like the idea you have with Volcanion; It could make for a powerful versatile Legendary, like the Rotom of Legendaries, but hopefully with more moves pertaining to its forms. A Mega seems about as plausible, and I can see that building off of it being a formidable force of nature if it's the reason we have a Kalos Badlands.
I'm hoping Hoopa gets distributed real soon so we can see more about Volcanion.
(sorry my replying skills aren't very good and I don't want a WALL OF TEXT)

Last edited:
Does anyone think we'll see any new evos or prevos for already established Pokemon, if we do end up getting Gen 6.5 or Gen 7? Or...ever again?

I ask because everyone discusses the potential Megas in future games as if normal evos and prevos are now things of the past. (I hope they're not things of the past, I don't care for Megas too much ^^; )

Does anyone think we'll see any new evos or prevos for already established Pokemon, if we do end up getting Gen 6.5 or Gen 7? Or...ever again?

I ask because everyone discusses the potential Megas in future games as if normal evos and prevos are now things of the past. (I hope they're not things of the past, I don't care for Megas too much ^^; )

Maybe, I can see them playing up Mega Evolutions for a while though, I think there's definately a chance for them continuing into Gen 7. After that, maybe normal cross gen evos will return. Who knows though.

Maybe, I can see them playing up Mega Evolutions for a while though, I think there's definately a chance for them continuing into Gen 7. After that, maybe normal cross gen evos will return. Who knows though.

Ugh I read this all the time. Regular,cross-generational, and mega evolutions should all coexist. They shouldn't do just one or another.

Since Game Freak have still shown they want to be consistent on the whole thing, I think regular evolutions for the Pokemon that can't use Eviolite have died. Pre-evolutions, alternate evolutions, /and/ Mega Evolutions should co-exist though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom