• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really guys, lore and in-game explainations for an item is trivial. If they want new cross-gen evos, they will happen. And if eviolite was a factor, lets be honest, eviolite working for every Pokemon in a two stage line would mean they would eventually have to force one out, or have a terribly broken game, with stat gains handed out like candies. Mega Evolutions themselves are a more viable thing to use for corssing them out completely. Eveb with single stage mon getting megas don't rule it out, as their megas honestly just add to complete designs. There really is nothing you can do for an evolution of Mawile or Absol to say its really a new species despite the name, and that is why I am glad megas exist. A lot of megas are for complete pokemon so far, and until we get a mega for a single stager that does have room to properly evolve, like Seviper for exanple, then we can say that nails have been used to close the coffin.

Really guys, lore and in-game explainations for an item is trivial. If they want new cross-gen evos, they will happen. And if eviolite was a factor, lets be honest, eviolite working for every Pokemon in a two stage line would mean they would eventually have to force one out, or have a terribly broken game, with stat gains handed out like candies. Mega Evolutions themselves are a more viable thing to use for corssing them out completely. Eveb with single stage mon getting megas don't rule it out, as their megas honestly just add to complete designs. There really is nothing you can do for an evolution of Mawile or Absol to say its really a new species despite the name, and that is why I am glad megas exist. A lot of megas are for complete pokemon so far, and until we get a mega for a single stager that does have room to properly evolve, like Seviper for exanple, then we can say that nails have been used to close the coffin.

Eh, I feel like Seviper and Zangoose would get a pre-evolution and a Mega Evolution if anything, but yeah, the Mega Evolutions have made the Pokemon felt complete IMO. Though Audino's Mega just feels odd... It looks like it could've been a permanent evolution.

This. I've seen users on other sites use mega evolutions as an absolute sign that there will never be any cross gen evos again. Some pokemon won't benefit from a mega the same way they would an evolution. If Dunsparce got a mega, which typically adds 100 to the bst, its bst would be 515, 15 points behind Aggron, who has a mega. A regular evolution adds around 110 on average, so that would take it up to 525, which if then given a mega, would total to 625 bst, which is still barely average for mega bsts.

There really is nothing you can do for an evolution of Mawile or Absol to say its really a new species despite the name

Eh, I disagree with Mawile because Mega Mawile's design would have worked perfectly fine as a regular evolution. It's one of the best designed Megas for a reason and that's because it's not cluttered trash on top of an already complete design - regular Mawile had lots of room to expand that the design changes enough to feel faithful but different (it even increases in height and weight by a fair amount).

I love Mega Mawile and Megas in general, but it disappoints me somewhat that Mega Mawile's design wasn't just used as a regular evolution because it really does look like one.

Heracross I feel is a better example, as regular Hera is very much complete and Mega Heracross shows that by just being a massive deviation because there was nothing else to do with its base design in a straight forward fashion.

---

Anyway I've been gone for a while and I come back to see this thread is still going in circles about the same things. Guessing we're waiting to see what Corocoro brings?

I think it's kinda telling that there's been no official acknowledgment or even tease of the Zygarde form + blob in the West yet - at the same time Japan's news about it seems to only be anime-related in Mega Act IV or whatever which won't air in the West for a while.

Doesn't seem like a game is coming yet imo. Don't really know what's going on, but two months after Japan gets to see both the form and blob, the West still hasn't got anything (through official means of course) and it smells a bit fishy in regards to an announcement. I'm cool with waiting though, a longer break until the next game (whatever it may be) is fine with me.

i really hope a new generation, i think will be bored the continuation of the story of kalos ;(

I would say that Sableye could definitely have benefited from a regular evolution, and while M!Sableye is very well-designed as a Mega, it would suck as the design for an evolution.

And then there's tons of designs that could've just been their own 'mons. For example, Mega Kanga (could've had Baby Kanga as its own Pokémon finally, have Mega Kanga be the middle stage, then finally grown Kanga). Houndoom, maybe Aerodactyl, Medicham, Lucario, Slowbro, Camerupt, Glalie, Lopunny and Audino. Oh and Mawile lol

Anyways, the fact that Sylveon was introduced alongside Mega's gives me hope. Plus, if the Eeveelutions really are going to represent all of the previously "special" types, then we're still missing Dragon, which outright guarantees at least one more Eeveelution, which would be a cross-gen evolution.

So yeah, we still have more to go, 'cause I doubt they'd leave an Eeveelution for the future if they weren't ever going to do cross-genners again.

Well, lore-wise, there are two evolutions that don't make sense already. Piloswine needs to know ancient power to evolve into Mamoswine, but you can breed that move onto Swinub in gen 3. Lickitung's case is similar, as you can teach it rollout via battle frontier move tutor in emerald. If GameFreak want to be consistent with evolution so it can have some sort of rhyme or reason to it, then too late, that ship sailed in gen 4. GameFreak is good at making games, but bad at making sense.

I was SO angry when I first found out about that. They tried so hard to make new evos make sense (which is the only reason Espeon/Umbreon didn't evolve with Sun/Moon Stone, Leafeon didn't with Leaf Stone, etc...) but then they messed up with these two.
I wonder if they even realized they messed up there. Just like I wonder if they realized their fairy type and mega evolution mess ups, although these still got a chance to be fixed in the potential "Z" or whatever it'll be called. For the Mamoswine/Lickilicky issue it's a lost case... I'm more forgiving there cause it's not a plot related issue but it's still a serious mess up.

Exactly this. They've never cared to adhere to the actual MAIN lore (Steel types being classified between Gen. 1 and Gen. 2, then Magnemite is somehow already Steel in Gen. 3 when it won't be discovered until 3 years later), so why adhere to the lore of a literal lump of clay that was only made for competitive battling? LOL

Well, this isn't so much of an issue anymore since RGBY/GSC became isolated as their own small universe.
HGSS never claimed Dark/Steel to be newly discovered, so you can say in the GBA-DS universe Dark/Steel type were always known.
That said they should've been smarter and learned from that and not have characters in-game refer to the fairy type as a newly discovered one... but that's the smaller issue with the whole "mega evo happened only in Kalos" thing...
Clearly XY was originally intended to be in the same universe as its predecessors, so stuff like fairy being newly discovered and mega evo not being a thing outside of Kalos yet actually made sense, but then ORAS came and ruined it all... and at the same time outright told us it's in the same universe as XY......

From Serebii:

The official site has posted about a press conference being held today about a future business strategy being held today, September 10th, at 15:00 JST (06:00 UTC, 07:00 BST, 02:00 EDT, 23:00 JST). This will be live streamed on the video platform NicoNico in Japan. It's not currently known what this conference will contain but we'll bring the full details as it comes

I smell a game announcement coming. I can't see how it could be anything else.

Going to try to avoid getting excited cau---

Screw it, I'm stoked. The wording of the post almost sounds ominous and unsettling in a way or maybe I'm just tripping lol.

Sweatii's post was edited.

The official site has posted about a press conference being held today about a future business strategy being held today, September 10th, at 15:00 JST (06:00 UTC, 07:00 BST, 02:00 EDT, 23:00 JST). This will be live streamed on the video platform NicoNico in Japan. On the NicoNico page, it states that new partner companies will be introduced. It's not currently known what this conference will contain but we'll bring the full details as it comes

Sweatii's post was edited.

The official site has posted about a press conference being held today about a future business strategy being held today, September 10th, at 15:00 JST (06:00 UTC, 07:00 BST, 02:00 EDT, 23:00 JST). This will be live streamed on the video platform NicoNico in Japan. On the NicoNico page, it states that new partner companies will be introduced. It's not currently known what this conference will contain but we'll bring the full details as it comes

That makes a huge difference. If they're announcing new partner companies then it's probably not main game related sadly.

Yeah the dream is dead :c

Probably going to be merch/mobile stuff. ugh it seems like they're literally doing everything but announcing a new main series game.

ugh it seems like they're literally doing everything but announcing a new main series game.

You can say that again. So much going on recently and I couldn't care less about any of it. The wait is killing me.

lets not give up. i still think will get something. with that being said im not to hopeful. this just seems like to big of a coincidence.

ugh it seems like they're literally doing everything but announcing a new main series game.

You can say that again. So much going on recently and I couldn't care less about any of it. The wait is killing me.

You should be excited for anything Pokémon related, but I know exactly how you feel.

It's weird. Everyone was all down for not having a game well into next year, but now with Zygarde getting special attention and the blob everyone is extremely impatient. I love it. Give me everything pokemon related always right now! Lol!

The tag on the official website is "PC & Smartphone", so they definitely aren't going to announce a 3DS game.

The timing seems so suspect with what CoroCoro has promised. But no way am I thinking a new game is gonna be announced, not here to be disappointed again!

Let's just hope CoroCoro leaks soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom