• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, we're not getting a game announcement, in my opinion.

Some sort of argumented reality app for smart phones has been announced. Well, we wait for CoroCoro!

Pokemon Go.

Ehhhhhhhhh I don't know how to feel. It's the same thing as the pokken announcement. Looks cool, but in the middle of all the stuff with zygarde and blob and etc it's just ughhhhhh

So very excited! This is close as real as we're getting at this time. Can't wait to see how they utilize Mega evolution.

Well Junichi Masuda pretty much confirmed that this mobile game will connect to main games in some way in the future.

So…they’re trying to solve the problem of people being obsessed with their phones and constantly looking at them by giving them a new phone app???? I mean, I get that the idea is to get them going outside but....seriously?

A smartphone game? Really? I wouldn't have bother calling that an announcement or news at all. I am doubting even corocoro would have new main series game announcement at this point.

There is one interesting thing about the trailer: The fact that the majority of people "playing" the game are adults or older teenagers. This is somewhat encouraging, I guess...

At this point... I just want to know more about Kaijugarde... it will get a game when it gets a game but I just want to see it already, at least.

So…they’re trying to solve the problem of people being obsessed with their phones and constantly looking at them by giving them a new phone app???? I mean, I get that the idea is to get them going outside but....seriously?

When were they trying to "solve" that problem? I thought they were encouraging it by making the games easier so that people who are glued to their phone apps and blogs don't have to labour through the games as much in order to get back to those other things.

Well, waking up to the world burning was a fun surprise. :/
Seriously though, this is huge. Catching, Trading, and battling, its basically taking the core aspects and compressing theminto a game on its own. With main game connectivity, I can only asse it means that we can transfer stuff over. Gonna be a crazy couple of years coming up, the focal shift is happening. I wonder though, with Pokemon Go, essentially a real world MMO battle simulator, perjaps we will start to see a shift to focus on the story and exploring now thhat they have announced what can only be summed up as "the perfect casual player's pokemon" as its made up of the 3 reasons they play,without the need for the main games.

But we already have an "app" that allows to catch pokemon in the real world (pokewalker, anyone ?)

It's pretty obvious that Masduda's recent trip was related to Go rather than the main series. He probably tested a preliminary version of the app in different locations.

During the conference, when Masuda talked about 2016 being a big year due to the 20th anniversary, a timeline was shown that listed 1996, 1999, 2002, 2006, 2010 and 2013 next to the initial versions of all generations to date, and then finally 2016. They could have shown all the main series games (which I remember they did around Black and White's announcement), but they were more specific.

Last edited:
That is indeed interesting. If we are waiting till winter 2016 for gen 7, as GEN 6 will be going up to July 2016 at least thanks to movie 19. Which does bring us back to question just how and where Zygarde and the blob will be distributed. Unless somehow the surprise is that gen 7in reality is a continuation of gen 7, and both are meant to make a pair together as one giant saga, something that hasn't beem done since gens 1 and 2, albeit on amuch smaller scale. Fun times ahead methinks.

I think this is an amazing new app. It basically takes the core aspects of the gane to the phone for a lot more people to enjoy :D It's like an introductory feature, and giving more people a chance to enjoy pokemon if they haven't/couldn't before.

And like a previous post said (sorry, forgot your username), the majority of the people featured in the ad were adults/late teens. The guy who caught Pikachu at the beginning was clearly a businessman, and the people gathered at Time Square were more or less older people as well. This means better access to the older fans who want to enjoy pokemon all the same but doesn't have a console/handheld for various reasons.

Wait, this Pokemon Go thing kind of reminded me of the April fool google app last year, except you can do a lot more. I also heard of 1 phone game where people take their phones to real location to attack and defend gate or something.

Edit: Opps, I guess my thought was right, the company that GF is partnered with did indeed created the gate game Ingress.

Last edited:
I thought the other day how cool augmented reality like how yugioh could've been for Pokémon would be so cool. I thought me challenging the world champion would be so amazing and the closest we'd ever come to realistic pokemon battles and now this comes out. Better get back on topic, but wow the future!

This is a cool idea! I doubt this will replace the main games or anything. It sounds like a cool app that could help with advertising Pokemon outside and try to make it more popular. Does anyone have a clue how the Augmented Reality will work? Did Ingress have it?

Whatever the next games are, one thing is certain. Based Morimoto is likely the director, with Ohmori and Masuda at the helm of Go. If its the gen 6 climax, its gonna be B2W2 amazing. Hell yes! Even better if its gen 7, Morimoto baseversions would be interesting to witness.

This is a cool idea! I doubt this will replace the main games or anything. It sounds like a cool app that could help with advertising Pokemon outside and try to make it more popular. Does anyone have a clue how the Augmented Reality will work? Did Ingress have it?

Ingress is an augmented reality game. The game would link with your location feature and would direct you toward locations in the real world where game play events happens. Like how everyone in the trailer gather at the Time Square to battle Mewtwo.

And like a previous post said (sorry, forgot your username), the majority of the people featured in the ad were adults/late teens.

I think there were only first gen pokémon (001-151) in the trailer... people who played first gen back then will be of this age today. Maybe they want to get some old fans back to the series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom