• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So not only will PokeFan (to be released next week) have some major spoilers on Ash meeting Alan, but CoroCoro will also have some information on how the green blob and the large shadow relate to the anime....I'M SO HYPED

I mostly agree with your point there. They'll focus more and more on smartphones and waste their resources on them.
I find it funny that Meta Boss says its not rocket science that "less people = less focus"....as if the solution isn't infinitely more simple. Pokemon's been structured from its inception such that Game Freak will have exclusive focus on the main series games, and The Pokemon Company licenses other companies to handle spin-offs. At the time, TPC and Nintendo had even formed an entirely new company just to make console games. Fans in the past have criticized that Game Freak should be more involved in terms of the development of side series games so that the universe can be expanded outside of hand-helds....and now that they do it, there's backlash simply because its not the games they wanted.

Let's not even take into consideration that its Masuda, not an entire team of employees that was involved. Unless he was writing music for the games, his role was probably more of a consultant to ensure that this game's compatibility with the main series games go smoothly.....yet despite the fact that this app is meant to integrate to current (and possibly future) generations of games its being accused of being in direct competition with them. Makes sense. Rocket Science. Buzz words.

Yes, resources are being taken away from Pokemon because Masuda decides to involve himself in a Pokemon game. Thank god Game Freak doesn't make any other games. and I'm pretty sure a few fans complaining about this are the same ones that wants Game Freak to develop more Pulseman and Drill Dozer

I never asked them to make side projects, I am not one of those fans. You could have asked me first LOL

I only care about the main series and prefer if GF focused only on those. I never even tried GF's side games.
Pokemon Spinoffs dont bother me at all though, if they dont have GF involved in them.

So I can't see why you don't understand my concern about other GF guys moving to mobiles. I never said they will... it's just a possibility that annoys me.

Last edited:
obviously referring to Act IV and Movie 19
No movie information was ever promised; it is too early for that. For that matter, CoroCoro never definitively said that Zygarde would have a role in the movie; they just said that it appeared in the teaser, which doesn't actually guarantee anything (at least in terms of how big the role is) as history should teach us.

obviously referring to Act IV and Movie 19
No movie information was ever promised; it is too early for that. For that matter, CoroCoro never definitively said that Zygarde would have a role in the movie; they just said that it appeared in the teaser, which doesn't actually guarantee anything (at least in terms of how big the role is) as history should teach us.

Well, they promised to reveal more info on both the blob and the shadowy figure from the movie teaser. revealing that shadowy figure kinda counts as movie news.

If CoroCoro's information will be relative only to the anime, so many fans will be annoyed lmao. Though I'd say that's unlikely to happen.

Given that they'll reveal the shadow creature, I wonder if they will announce a new game/s alongside it, or if they'll wait until a later date to make the announcement for the games. Then there's the 'blob'. So many questions, so little time to wait.

Depending on the amount of information they reveal on the large shadow and the green blob, we will definitely know for sure whether the green blob is actually a new Pokémon or just a part od Zygarde. And I don't get why people aren't excited.

This anime news is news about the blob/shadow. They're appearing in the anime and this CoroCoro issue will probably reveal what they truly are and what their role in the anime is. And like, even if you don't care about the anime, this will still be news about possibly new Pokémon and new forms/Mega Evos, etc.

Obviously the news wouldn't be anime-only. They might focus on blob and Zygarde's form in relation to their anime roles but merely giving the blob a name or revealing Zygarde's form's design will also end up being general Pokémon news which will be relevant to the games too since whatever next games will be will obviously feature blob and Zygarde's form... so non-anime fans should still be excited for this news.

Masuda tweeted this... it says something about CoroCoro.. can anyone translate?

お知らせ!9月15日(火)にTVアニメ「ポケットモンスター」の新展開情報が公開されます!月刊コロコロコミック、テレビ東京あにてれHPなどをチェックしてみてくださいね!
Source for Tweet

Notice! September 15 ( Tuesday) to is the new deployment information disclosure of the TV anime " Pokemon " ! CoroCoro Comic , but please try to check clock and TV Tokyo Anitere HP! from google so yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5hamspoucg

most likely fake. but then theres this tweet so idk

Last edited:
Obviously the news wouldn't be anime-only. They might focus on blob and Zygarde's form in relation to their anime roles but merely giving the blob a name or revealing Zygarde's form's design will also end up being general Pokémon news which will be relevant to the games too since whatever next games will be will obviously feature blob and Zygarde's form... so non-anime fans should still be excited for this news.
If it was just Mega Zygarde it would have been similar with Giratina-O in February, for a game reveal and full disclosure in may.With tge blob thiguh, I wonder how much they can give away without using the games to showcase it. On the other hand, since we know its in the mega special,the news the magazine will cover can't be a simple fact that it exists, it would need proper details

If it was just Mega Zygarde it would have been similar with Giratina-O in February, for a game reveal and full disclosure in may.With tge blob thiguh, I wonder how much they can give away without using the games to showcase it. On the other hand, since we know its in the mega special,the news the magazine will cover can't be a simple fact that it exists, it would need proper details

Well, at the very least we'll learn the blob's name, and most likely what exactly it is too.
We might also see Zygarde's form/mega/whatever.
That's pretty serious stuff for the franchise in general even if there's no new game announced (Which I gave up on happening, this month got enough with Japan getting PSMD and Go's announcement) and even for people who don't watch the anime.

I think maybe we're getting blob/Zygarde only for now, while the game announcement will be either in October for a early 2016 release (which probably got less likely with Go being early 2016 probably around the 20th anniversary, PSMD for Europe being early 2016 too and Pokkén in Spring) or February for a mid-late 2016 release (probably more likely to tie in with the movie like BW2 being announced in February and released in June timed with the movie)

The "leak" in the video sounds very much like my wish list, but no pic so I don't think it's legit yet. CoroCoro should be leaked latest by Sunday, because it's the 15th on Monday in Japan.

Last edited:
Here are my thoughts on todays Pokemon Go events:

- I absolutely dislike the whole concept of Pokemon Go. I like my games to be games, and real locations, to be real locations. Turning the world that surrounds us into a game, is a bad idea. You are meant to look at nature, and talk about stuff when going out, not looking for Pokemon around the streets.

- My personal opinion apart, I consider Pokemon Go to be a cool idea ON PAPER, but not practical at all. Nintendo seem to target 30 year olds, but it is a POKEMON GAME. Most people lack sensibility and make fun of people older than 12 who like pokemon. I can´t see those guys from the video, searching for Pokemon in real life. They would fear being mocked for it. Most people will not play the games outside, and I´m surprised Nintendo don´t realize that.

- The worst thing about Pokemon Go, is that it will take some of the attention and even time from the main series, and that is awful for traditional handheld console fans like myself. I like Pokemon as it is, don´t turn it into something different.

- The fact that those game are going to be connected to the main series doesn´t sound positive to me. Again, it could create a kind of dependance, which annoys me.

- Why did they show the timeline? Are they announcing a new era in Pokemon? Hope not. It sounds very mobile mentalized to me...

- Shigeru Ohmori is NOT envolved in Pokemon Go. It´s a different Shigeru, who is a Nintendo director. And that´s good, cause I´m delighted with Ohmori´s direction of ORAS, and I´m glad he is not moving to Go like Masuda...

-I´m concerned about the future of the main games, if this Go thing is just a start in their mobile mentalized games. If it is nothing more than a side game, and doesn´t become a major thing im ok with it.

- I really can´t figure out when is the next main series game being announced.

- I´m very glad that the game I was expecting the most, OR/AS, was created before that Pokemon Go thing was announced. I have some doubts about the quality of the main series from now on, if they start targeting mobile players for real, and the direction they might be taking from now on. I hope they keep the main series like they are, and forget about smart pones.

I'm not quite sure why ur putting ur personal hang ups r on this.....I think it's a very interesting idea and could do wonders for the franchise if it works the way they say. Just bc u might b embarrassed to b seen playing Pokemon in public doesn't mean there isn't a market for those who aren't. There r plenty of people who travel in general and u don't need to b playing this game to enjoy that.It's just somehting extra to make the traveling even more special. As for it taking away from other main series game.......*sigh* I have no doubt it will not even touch the main series numbers. This new app is just so people can enjoy Pokemon in all scenarios. Sometimes I can't take my 3ds with me, but I always have my phone on me. The fear of the main series games moving to the mobile platform is dumb too.....sorry, but it just is.....People who fear it going anywhere but a Nintendo made handheld console r over thinking what they don't kno anything. Nintendo would never let Pokemon go to any other platform bc it's just too big of a money maker. It's as simple as that. I think GF branching out is great! It shows that they r willing to try some new stuff and not always color inside the lines. Just bc they start making peripheral apps and games for mobile doesn't mean they're betraying their fans or anything. In fact it's the complete opposite. They're trying to reach a broader audience and that's awesome. If u don't like in app purchases....well then don't pay for them. At the end of the day it's just an app that u can chose to download or not. It doesn't hurt them to at least try.

Well, I´m giving my personal opinion because... this is the point of a forum. Duh. You are still free to not read my post if it bothers you.

I´m not going to answer your whole post, but please answer me to this: WHO TOLD YOU I´M EMBARASSED FROM PLAYING POKEMON OUTSIDE? Where did I say that? I was just saying that MOST people over 12 (or 15 if you prefer), would be made fun of, if they go outside running in the chase of a Pikachu. And you know it´s true. I am criticizing our society here, not Pokemon players like us.

So don´t read what I haven´t wrote please...

Sorry....I didn't mean to seem like I was attacking ur post in anyway.....Ur entitled to ur opinion and maybe I should have better worded my own post. I was just having a hard time understanding what seemed to b some kind of anger towards a game that hasn't even been released yet. I didn't mean for there to b any animosity at all.

This list, actually looks pretty legit unlike past attempts. Especially with them delaying the game announcement for yet another month!

Also been saying for ages they are Zygarde's scouts monitoring the eco system, they even have the same head.

This list, actually looks pretty legit unlike past attempts. Especially with them delaying the game announcement for yet another month!

Also been saying for ages they are Zygarde's scouts monitoring the eco system, they even have the same head.

the whole ash gets a mega ring is what throws me off

The merchandise indicates a highly likely Mega Charizard Y appearance in XY anime so it's not impossible.

At this point, it could either be Alain's Charizard or Ash's Charizard.

Masuda tweeted this... it says something about CoroCoro.. can anyone translate?

お知らせ!9月15日(火)にTVアニメ「ポケットモンスター」の新展開情報が公開されます!月刊コロコロコミック、テレビ東京あにてれHPなどをチェックしてみてくださいね!
Source for Tweet

Notice! September 15 ( Tuesday) to is the new deployment information disclosure of the TV anime " Pokemon " ! CoroCoro Comic , but please try to check clock and TV Tokyo Anitere HP! from google so yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5hamspoucg

most likely fake. but then theres this tweet so idk

September 15 is when CoroCoro comes out? K, I expect leaks on Monday.

The merchandise indicates a highly likely Mega Charizard Y appearance in XY anime so it's not impossible.

At this point, it could either be Alain's Charizard or Ash's Charizard.

Think Alain will have the X and Ash will have the Y

THey saving Y up (not in ME specials, not in Origins) and we know Ash will fight Alians and his X, and Charxard like Ahs's second signatre after charizard

I hope Im not the only person who wants a trailer like the black and white 2 one for the next games 0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom