• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear to God though, if this really is Z and not XY2, I'm done with this series. That would be the ultimate proof of Game Freak's regression, that they would go from a sequel that actually has new areas, new Pokemon, and a new story back towards an edit of the same games we've already played.
OOOOR you know, the next 'Z' could be a sequel or whatever and the anime is merely incorporating elements from it.

But whatever, keep on hating.

I don't understand Pokémon anymore, but still excited for whatever this is.

Well, if you think about what Zygarde is representing, it would make so much sense. An ecosystem is made up of different individual elements, so 1 core and many cells. Then Zygarde can take whatever form necessary to do its job. Also, the description for "doggy" Zygarde is that it relies on speed and its sharp fangs to take down its enemies.

I swear to God though, if this really is Z and not XY2, I'm done with this series. That would be the ultimate proof of Game Freak's regression, that they would go from a sequel that actually has new areas, new Pokemon, and a new story back towards an edit of the same games we've already played.
OOOOR you know, the next 'Z' could be a sequel or whatever and the anime is merely incorporating elements from it.

Yeah. For all we know, if we just get Z, it could serve as a sequel to both X and Y. That would give us the higher level of new content, like B2W2 (or more), while being put into just one game, which saves some people a good extra $40.

That's personally what I'm hoping for. Just a Z version that serves as a strong sequel to both X and Y with a lot of new content.

With XY, the rivals didn't really develop, the plot didn't make that much sense, and it felt like a lot of things were missing to make the story stand out. I feel that XY doesn't have enough to build on for a sequel, unlike BW. I would have liked something more unexpected than Z, but XY felt like it begged for a rewrite.

Personally, I still like my idea of Z being, functionally, a third Version (but hopefully with some new areas and such), but story-wise, it is the version of the Kalos story in the ORAS universe, retconning XY into being a separate universe that somehow becomes involved in the plot (I'm guessing Zinnia).

A little far-fetched, I know, but to my credit, I did somehow manage to predict that the Gen VI games would be divorced from the previous games. :p

I was kidding before, but I do think Zygarde Perfect Forme will have 2 megas. Ir at least,Its Zygarde Perfect X and Zygarde Perfect Y, without us knowing it yet. I mean, 2moves, but 1 forme? I don't buy it all. But it does have blue AND red accents, so we'll see.
And so far, its 3 new formes,not 4, the flat forme is likely iust Zygarde Core when not readyto fuse with others. And anyway, we probally have more precentages to deal with, I'm expecting at least 2 more.

I was kidding before, but I do think Zygarde Perfect Forme will have 2 megas. Ir at least,Its Zygarde Perfect X and Zygarde Perfect Y, without us knowing it yet. I mean, 2moves, but 1 forme? I don't buy it all. But it does have blue AND red accents, so we'll see.
And so far, its 3 new formes,not 4, the flat forme is likely iust Zygarde Core when not readyto fuse with others. And anyway, we probally have more precentages to deal with, I'm expecting at least 2 more.

Finally got back to post and Corocoro hits, awesome!

Just so I can process this correctly:
- Zygarde from XY is Zygarde 50% Forme
- Dog Zygarde is 10% Forme
- Blob Zygarde is Zygarde Core
- Flat Zygarde is Zygarde Cell
- Big Zygarde is Zygarde Perfect Forme

Why must this thing have FIVE formes?

They watched too much DBZ?

Personally, the only form I'm not as keen on from a practical perspective is the dog form. The cell form fits with the whole "zygote" thematic and kaiju!Zygarde was pretty much what we expected in terms of powering up the original weaker form, the dog just seems completely out of nowhere to me.

I know that I have seen people that think the dog zygarde is random, but Chaos from Sonic Adventure had random forms when he collected more chaos emeralds, going from a bulkier form, to a shark like form, to a scorpion form, and ending in a godzilla like monster form. It would be hypocritical if people don't like zygarde's form changes and are ok with Chaos'.

To be fair, Chaos still had a general thematic of having his forms based on water creatures (the scorpion form was actually a frog, and the Godzilla form is a water dragon). Zygarde's forms are pretty detached from each other in terms of what they represent, with only the cell forms and regular Zygarde sharing a lot of similarities with each other.

Well, the perfect form is designed to be stronger than Xerneas and Yvetal, so no point for Mega X and Y. Also, perfect Zygarde has both red and blue as its color (Xerneas and Yveltal?).

Yeah. For all we know, if we just get Z, it could serve as a sequel to both X and Y. That would give us the higher level of new content, like B2W2 (or more), while being put into just one game, which saves some people a good extra $40.

That's personally what I'm hoping for. Just a Z version that serves as a strong sequel to both X and Y with a lot of new content.

This wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. For one, it makes more business sense for them to split it into two versions, I can't see why they would go back to one. Second, the name itself is chosen to tell us what to expect, they probably wouldn't call it Z if they wanted us to see it as a sequel to XY.

Speaking for myself, I really like Scoobygarde. Yes, it is somewhat out of left field, but it looks quite cool.

Wow... I actually called something months back here in this thread, http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f323/generation-vi-future-169739/index136.html#post5601474 : The fact that since "Zygarde" derives from the word "Zygote," It could have multiple, completely different forms from the original! Who on earth would have predicted Zygarde to have a dog-like form? This is so fun!

Now, for more speculation: Could there be a 75% Zygarde form not shown yet? A 90% one? After all, Game Freak sure loves to play tricks on us! xD

Last edited:
the whole thing about the ORAS code indicating two new games, could still possibly be XZ and YZ. Especially with an anime title like "XY and Z"

I will be thoroughly dissapointed if they decide to go back to the generic third version, but something tells me things are going to be interesting this time around.

Just so I can process this correctly:
- Zygarde from XY is Zygarde 50% Forme
- Dog Zygarde is 10% Forme
- Blob Zygarde is Zygarde Core
- Flat Zygarde is Zygarde Cell
- Big Zygarde is Zygarde Perfect Forme

Why must this thing have FIVE formes?

Kukukuku....

And THAT'S not even his final form. For, if Zygarde were to actually have bothered to train--

But on a serious note, I find this development (and the new anime series announcement) to be rather interesting. I'm sure 10% up must have some kind of break-glass functionality purpose given Zygarde's supposed job.

Hold on a sec, I think we can like 50% confirmed that the "Greninja" is not a Mega. Looks at Pokemon XY&Z poster. So Ash's Noibat will evolve into Noivern and then there is that Mega Sceptile. Is that Ash's Sceptile or is it Shota's Sceptile. Because if it's Ash's Sceptile, then Greninja can't Mega because of the 1 Mega rule. Plus, I don't see any hint of a keystone device on Ash.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just cause it's early but I feel underwhelmed by the new formes? I'd really like to see what benefits the 10% and Zygarde Core have, if any. The 100% forme doesn't look as good now tbh, maybe when we get proper Sugimori artwork it'll look better though.

Seems a 'Z' is imminent, and this whole Gen 6.5 stuff seems like nothing but a dream now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom