• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One Kalos sequel, one Kanto Sequel. Boom, two games out of nowhere. The pentagons could go unused, or at least one can much like how gens 4 and 5 have unused spaces,but if we strictly go down the two pebtagons=two games route, might as well take this one. I won't let the dream die!

gamefreak's answer to pokemon's 20th anniversary instead of making a kanto sequel let pokemon go do the job

lol yeah make a Kanto sequel because 20 th anniversary then make one because 30th, etc... we don't need another sequel, Mewtwo, the birds and the Kanto starters already got attention in Kalos thats enough.

Nothing of note, but Ohmori tweeted how PSMD just released Go is on the way and that the 20th is coming up. Something also with word play on how they are working on the series to evolve itto super or whatever,translate sucks, and" to stay tuned." If anyone who d9es read Japanese wants to provide a translation, this could make sense, just a randomtidbit for sure though.

What if... They introduce a new mechanic called "Super Evolution"? And Ash Greninja is one of them? //shot

Though, I get the feeling the wordplay on evolution and super is a nod to PSMD, but who knows.

This wouldn't be DLC and it would be completely justified to charge around $10 for it. They had us pay for Dream Radar.
Dream Radar required utilizing new resources. your proposed Pokemon Z-Lite would simply be using what has already been made. and i can't say that people were all that happy to pay for Dream Radar and even still, i don't think Dream Radar was massively successful. and it's not about Pokemon Z-Lite being DLC, it's about it essentially being an incomplete game; it's the ORAS demo with a little more umph. that does go contrary to their philosophy.

The idea is that they presumably want to release a new generation next year (as implied by the timeline shown during Go's announcement) and that releasing too many "complete" games would be reductive. They could easily release an app by the end of this year, but it would be really forced if they did that for a third version.
either way it's forced. the amount of resources they've put into advertising for either the app or the game already diverts from resources that could be used for Gen VII or not used at all.

But they did change it. Going back from that to a third version isn't so easy when people have higher expectations now. Besides, I don't see why Nintendo would be happy with a third version being the last 3DS entry.
yeah, GameFreak never shatters people's expectations. it's not like their entire marketing scheme is releasing essentially bare bones games each generation and then capitalizing off of people buying the "fixed" version. so long as it builds on Kalos and substantially fixes its issues, i doubt people will care all that much. after all, BW2 only outsold Platinum and Emerald by fairly lackluster amounts for being so "revolutional." why would Nintendo be happy? it makes them money. when it comes to handhelds, Pokemon is their cash cow franchise.

BW and ORAS being revealed via press releases seemingly out of nowhere was still effective because they surprised even people who expected them eventually (and I don't think anyone expected a second DS-based generation). That's what Marriland is getting at: the element of surprise.
doesn't stop him from being wrong (or at least not right). if CoroCoro can tease BW2 via an anime teaser that includes Colress and a reskinned Ghetsis, then the next Kalos game can just as well be teased by the anime. and again, not enough time has passed to conclude that either side is right.

So, I finally return after nearly a month away, get back, learn Zygarde has several new forms and the anime has an "XY & Z" saga.

Does this more or less confirm, or lean heavily towards, a Pokemon Z?

lol yeah make a Kanto sequel because 20 th anniversary then make one because 30th, etc... we don't need another sequel, Mewtwo, the birds and the Kanto starters already got attention in Kalos thats enough.
Outside of the interview wuththe flowers comment from the TPCi guy, all marketing for 20th anniversary merch mentions thatits 20 years since red/green and is leaning heavily on stuff from that era. So far we have had nothing indicating the celebrations are going to include anything not Kanto related, and I would not be surprised if that does not change. So yeah, the 20th makes sense
Nothing of note, but Ohmori tweeted how PSMD just released Go is on the way and that the 20th is coming up. Something also with word play on how they are working on the series to evolve itto super or whatever,translate sucks, and" to stay tuned." If anyone who d9es read Japanese wants to provide a translation, this could make sense, just a randomtidbit for sure though.

What if... They introduce a new mechanic called "Super Evolution"? And Ash Greninja is one of them? //shot

Though, I get the feeling the wordplay on evolution and super is a nod to PSMD, but who knows.
Itis a wordplay, the translation puts it in quotatipn marks. But hypothetically, what if Super Evolution is a thing? If you freeze framethe trailer, Greninja's hand movements are in sync with ash's. Mega Evo requires a mega stone and a keystone,but maybe Super Evos could be a mechanic that requures nothing more then a string bond. Like, perhapd through Amie, or something new...

Kanto remakes isn't going to happen this gen since we got remakes already. Pokemon Z is logical and the anime series 'Pokemon XY & Z' points to a Z version. Zygarde is basically getting the attention and XY covered most of Kanto stuff anyway. Kanto remakes would be pointless and unnecessary. Hopefully Z can make up for the poor performance of ORAS which was not as great as XY games were in my opinion.

Last edited:
Kanto remakes isn't going to happen this gen since we got remakes already. Pokemon Z is logical and the anime series 'Pokemon XY & Z' points to a Z version. Zygarde is basically getting the attention and XY covered most of Kanto stuff anyway. Kanto remakes would be pointless and unnecessary. Hopefully Z can make up for the poor performance of ORAS which was not as great as XY games were.

Sorry, but in what world was ORAS "poor"?
Most fans think Z should make up for the poor performance of XY, not ORAS...

You forgot to add "in my opinion..." :)

In my opinion, ORAS is really good, probably the best game sofar.

Last edited:
I find this part the most disturbing: The fact that the Zygarde forms - and the plotline involved with them - will probably be shown completely in the anime even before the games are confirmed. Why so disturbing? Because this basically could give spoilers to the plotline of the games themselves if the next video game(s) were to revolve around Zygarde. This in return might make the game too predictable to play.

I mean, think about it: For the most part, the game plots always came first, and the anime and movie created an alternative plot around them. The exceptions were plots of particular legends - but they were usually void in the plotlines of the games, even though they may have had minor knowabouts in the games anyhow. This is the first time I can think of where the anime might be telling you how the next game plot will work between Team Flare and Zygarde, as opposed to the other way around.

Now, I know about all these crazy "Alternative Universe" theories driving speculators crazy. For instance, how Steven in ORAS mentions himself and Red battling a Shiny Mega Rayquaza, a reference directly from an anime special, I think. But did it directly give much spoilers to the Delta Episode plotline?

From this, I'm not sure what Gamefreak is thinking, releasing this info into the anime that's probably so integral to a game's plotline. Just this part alone makes me suspicious of something about the next games...

I find this part the most disturbing: The fact that the Zygarde forms - and the plotline involved with them - will probably be shown completely in the anime even before the games are confirmed. Why so disturbing? Because this basically could give spoilers to the plotline of the games themselves if the next video game(s) were to revolve around Zygarde. This in return might make the game too predictable to play..
Unless the anime does its own take on the Flare plot from XY but simply uses Zygarde instead of Xerneas/Yveltal. That way the anime retains the Zygarde focus and is free to advertise Zygarde, its core cells and its forms while not spoiling any of the plot from the potential next Zygarde game.

Lanstar;5673317Now said:
He was mentioning Alan from the second "The Strongest Mega Evolution" episode and his Mega Charizard X, at least that's the only character that fits the bill. How the second and third Mega Evolution episodes showed ORAS content and its legendaries was very different from the games. In the second episodeRayquaza appears because Lysandre wanted to take a meteorite that possessed Mega Evolution powers from a temple, which results in Rayquaza mega evolving and causing havoc, and in the third, it's pretty much how Groudon Vs Kyogre Vs Rayquaza went in Emerald, only in what I think it was a different location and all three of them being in their Primal and Mega evolved Formes.

How the anime handles the Zygarde plot in the games shouldn't necessarily indicate how it will actually be like in the games.

The anime could have a bunch of gaps between the Team Flare appearances. Maybe we'll only see them once in the beginning of the XY&Z series and the group won't meet them again until after the game's release. Even if they do quickly go through the Team Flare story, the anime is usually like loosely adapting the game story, but never sticks to the actual game plot. So it wouldn't necessarily spoil anything as the anime story and game story will probably be different.
While I could be wrong obviously, I still insist it is rather obvious we're getting Z and that they will most likely announce it sometime in October in the new variery show similarly to how they announced BW2, and like with BW2 it'll be released 4 months after the announcement, just in time for the 20th anniversary and Go's release which will possibly be able to connect with it.
This merely gives the anime about 3-4 months before the game's release. which is about 13-17 episodes. they'll probably just introduce Team Flare and give initial hints of things to come by the time the game comes out, and only then start going more deeply into it.

I find this part the most disturbing: The fact that the Zygarde forms - and the plotline involved with them - will probably be shown completely in the anime even before the games are confirmed. Why so disturbing? Because this basically could give spoilers to the plotline of the games themselves if the next video game(s) were to revolve around Zygarde. This in return might make the game too predictable to play..
Unless the anime does its own take on the Flare plot from XY but simply uses Zygarde instead of Xerneas/Yveltal. That way the anime retains the Zygarde focus and is free to advertise Zygarde, its core cells and its forms while not spoiling any of the plot from the potential next Zygarde game.

If this is so, how would this potentially work? After all, Zygarde supposedly has these hidden powers when the Ecosystem is under threat. If they were shown in the anime, no doubt it would be spoilers to the main game series. Also, The relationship with Team Flare. If they showed them doing some sort of experimentation about Zygarde, how could a plotline in the game totally conceal the existance of this information? Would the new one in the games not even have Team Flare at all, or formed in a completely different way from the anime?

I other words, when we're trying to predict Z with the information, we have to take consideration much of that info exposed in the anime. What has been seen cannot be unseen, and I feel that for the game plotlines to be more unpredictable and unspoiled by the anime showcase, there would be quite a lot of differences between the Anime plotline. Perhaps the games in store could not totally revolve around Zygarde at all, and Zygarde is a side thing... Maybe the new games could revolve around "Primal Xerneas" and "Primal Yveltal" as 2 sequals in that regard.

Of course, that's speculation! ^_^

Sorry, but in what world was ORAS "poor"?
Most fans think Z should make up for the poor performance of XY, not ORAS...

You forgot to add "in my opinion..." :)

In my opinion, ORAS is really good, probably the best game sofar.

ORAS was poor because of the following: No gym leader rematches, no Battle Frontier, limited pokemon teams in secret bases, poor post game content, the majority of Emerald stuff was left out, Zinnia was annoying, Rayquaza was easy to catch, mascots are version exclusive, Latias/Latios was just given to you, 1000 flags for Garchomp's mega stone, win all master ranks and beat Lisia of contests to get Lucario's mega stone, no rival rematches after post game, all non-event pokemon made available which leaves nothing for the next game, too many legendary pokemon, Jirachi not included while Deoxys was and etc.

Anyway, I consider XY games the best of gen 6 and I think Z would do even better. Z won't have any new pokemon because ORAS had ruined that possibility but it would expand on the story and I would like to see both Xerneas and Yveltal in the game together like Emerald or Platinum.

I almost feel like certain people need to be reminded how far the anime's evil team adaptations can be from the actual game story.
Please remember Orb-Controlled-Pikachu commanding Groudon, Lance and the Red Gyarados being involved, and the complete lack of Steven/Wallace.
Yeah... and speaking of which, I bet Steven can get revenge and get involved in the anime's Team Flare story now like Lance with the Magma/Aqua story. That's already one differece the anime's TF story can have from the game's. Alain being involved is a fact and he's not in the games either. So the anime can easily do its thing without spoiling much if anything for the games. They'd just create hype for the new game while doing their own thing. Or maybe they'll stick closer to the game but wait for the game's release before going too deep in the story.

If this is so, how would this potentially work? After all, Zygarde supposedly has these hidden powers when the Ecosystem is under threat. If they were shown in the anime, no doubt it would be spoilers to the main game series. Also, The relationship with Team Flare. If they showed them doing some sort of experimentation about Zygarde, how could a plotline in the game totally conceal the existance of this information? Would the new one in the games not even have Team Flare at all, or formed in a completely different way from the anime?

I other words, when we're trying to predict Z with the information, we have to take consideration much of that info exposed in the anime. What has been seen cannot be unseen, and I feel that for the game plotlines to be more unpredictable and unspoiled by the anime showcase, there would be quite a lot of differences between the Anime plotline. Perhaps the games in store could not totally revolve around Zygarde at all, and Zygarde is a side thing... Maybe the new games could revolve around "Primal Xerneas" and "Primal Yveltal" as 2 sequals in that regard.

Of course, that's speculation! ^_^
I don't exactly know but, Best Wishes Season 2: Episode N, while dealing with Team Plasma from B2/W2 and incorporating Ghetsis and Colress, had an entirely different plot than the actual games. No Kyurem, no fusion, no giant freezing ship, etc. Instead, the plot was basically Ghetsis trying to awaken Reshiram and control it.

So it is definitely possible to adapt certain elements from the next games while completely changing the plot.

And I personally don't feel like Zygarde's abilities would spoil much.

I think what I'm worrying isn't that alternative plotlines won't be made - but the fact that it is the Anime that is creating the plotline on Zygarde first before the potential games.

I'm actually glad that the TPC and Nintendo are marketing everything together because it benefits both sides. The XY anime will get that big boost in ratings that it so desperately needs while the games get free hype and even more anticipation from everybody.
The year 2016 will be a big for all things Pokémon and it seems like GF is preparing to drop a giant bomb on Yokai Watch which is starting to lose steam at a rapid rate according to Anime News Network so all in all it appears that taking a year off was the best thing the franchise could've done because now people will fully embrace the 20th anniversary next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom