• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am extremely hesitant to drag up this issue again, but a thought that occurred to me recently was, maybe he meant historical examples of Mega Evolution, and it was just badly translated? Like pseudo-mythic legends about Great-great-Gurkinn and Lucario. Even in XY, I thought it was absurd to expect that nobody had ever come to Kalos and just, you know, took a Mega Stone and a Key Stone and left (in fact, ORAS says that Steven did exactly that), especially in the hundreds of years since it was discovered. Perhaps the other regions just don't have any stories of Mega Evolution being happened upon in nature like that within their boundaries? The story about Rayquaza was a bit different from the Mega Evolution that people know (and it was kept secret by the Draconids), and Zinnia says stuff like, "That sure sounds kinda like Mega Evolution, huh?", and the burst of energy from the Cave of Origin is fairly recent and well-documented history. So under that logic, Kalos could still be the only region with traditional examples of Mega Evolution being dug up in the distant past as if the materials necessary had always been there without a known cause (which turns out to have been the Ultimate Weapon).
that's always possible. i guess we'll have to wait and see what GameFreak says. for now, i'm probably going to keep it in the sort of Steel/Dark/Fairy retcons where they're heavily explained in their debut, but then aren't mentioned as much. or hell, even the Special split, which, off the top of my head, was not explained through lore at all?

And yeah, I have to disagree, DPs main issue was the gralhics and poor framerate, its story, region, and sidequest activities, and in some ways its post game, bomb the fuck out of whatever XY offered, hell even BW in some ways.

Sure, DP were great, especially compared to XY, but my point is: Platinum built on them A LOT, both fixing any issues DP had and expanding both the story and content of the game. I'm just saying, a third version that changes and adds as much as Platinum did (more than say, what Crystal/Emerald did) would be awesome for XY.
I was disagreeing that DP were less complete games then XY, not neccesar8ly saying that made platinum pointless. Hell DPbeing the games they were, gettinf so much piled on besides the much needed graphical updates makes me hope that Morimoto really is on the case for the last iteration of gen 6 and that it is Z. Morimoto did wonders with Pt and HGSS, we need his magic once again.
And yes, sequels would be nice, but I mever had issues with a Z version, orsomething similar. God knows that Kalos needs some heavy handed fixin, and either redoing XY or giving us a sequel that fixes at leas the gameplay and content departments would suffice.
Yes, no cut content from XY at all, or vaguely unfinished stuff. Lets see.....
Mega Latis left in game. Soaring or at the very least promoting soaring through XY was obciously cut.
Many dead end rooms, and an entire pointof interest on the map that have absolutely nothing
Previous games would have given us the entire power plant. Here we got one.
There is a tiwn in the victory background that does not line up with the layout of any other town.

Yeah, like you've just said, none of that is cut or vaguely unfinished content. The Mega Latis were obviously meant for ORAS as well as soaring, power plants are irrelevant and just because a Town exists doesn't mean it was meant to be finished in the game.

EDIT: Nooooo I accidentally edited out a part of this post I wrote...
There was sarcasm intended, especially when I provide examples. All of that is exactly what cut content is, and when its left half way in game, except for the latis which need hacking, then its obvious more was meant to be done. Just how much will remain in the dark though.

Mega Evolution is not merely some game mechanic, it is a HUGE plot point
Huge is an exaggeration. more than anything, Mega Evolution is simply a mechanic with a little bit of history behind it. it's like if the games added lore to the abilities or even just the existing lore behind evolution. at the end of the day i can't agree with you on the importance of the retcon that GameFreak made regarding the continuity because the premise of mega evolution was kept the same; mega evolution is still largely something that is "shrouded in mystery," that not a lot of people can pull off and is largely delegated to relevant characters in the story, and requires a strong bond. all that was really changed was the removal of the ambiguous "in Kalos" qualifier, which honestly who even knows what they were going for unless you have the original Japanese (though other languages may also help).
Its a feature that came about from a huge war, altering the forces of natures, can be used to redoand expand the mythology and lore of various legendaries, and arguably is sucha big focal point of the games now, that GF decided to hint at there being a multiverse to explain their lack in previous gens. Yeah, its important, abilities and neither did the physical/special split need a multiverse to explain the lack of such previously

Its a feature that came about from a huge war, altering the forces of natures, can be used to redoand expand the mythology and lore of various legendaries, and arguably is sucha big focal point of the games now, that GF decided to hint at there being a multiverse to explain their lack in previous gens. Yeah, its important, abilities and neither did the physical/special split need a multiverse to explain the lack of such previously
the origins and inner-workings of Mega Evolution are simply a MacGuffin. you can really see this in XY since it is a huge driver in the story, but you ultimately get virtually nowhere with it. it also doesn't matter what the inner-workings of Mega Evolution are and i wouldn't be surprised if by Gen VIII that sub...sub.....sub-plot is dropped. and if it's so important, why did ORAS do virtually nothing with it? all we got from ORAS is that non-Rayquaza Megas are "synthetic" Megas that were prompted by humans. there was no progression there.

the multiverse has always been strongly implied vis-a-vis the multiple possible stories each generation (ie., the events of Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald could be the main story), most people just chose to believe that the third game rewrote the canon for the region. Zinnia's dialogue just gave more #official confirmation that it's probably a thing. and if Mega Evolution is so important and radical (not that i'm necessarily denying that they aren't), why wait until ORAS to give the greenlight to the multiverse and why the post-game?

I'll be honest, I'm expecting Z more than anything else as the next next game. There doesn't seem to be anything else to do other than that; Zygarde doesn't have a relationship to Xerneas or Yveltal outside of being a trio. Not to mention that with all of those forms it's hard to make an XZ YZ without taking a nice lot of attention from Xerneas or Yveltal, which the they could do if they had Megas for them, but otherwise there wouldn't be much of a reason to make sequels. I'm sort of guessing on it being XYZ; throwing Xerneas and Yveltal in while making them catchable and emphasizing on their relationships to Zygarde. But that's how I see it.

Anyways, we are most certainly getting a Kalos game, because there's simply no way that Zygarde's forms will be showcased in the anime first and then a region it's not protecting in the next game. There's a lot of ways this game makes no sense, but this would not be one of them

So whatever this new game is, I hope they improve greatly on XY's blemishes.
Less focus on Kanto. Please. Starters, Mewtwo, Bird Trio. That's plenty enough from XY.
A much better story where I can actually feel more closeness to my rival(s) other than "yes we hardly ever battled and talked 'cept for 1.5 of you".
More things to do. after Secret Bases, Soaring, Mirage islands and Contests, I don't have many expectations set too high for this one; Most non event Legendaries were pretty much made available with ORAS, and seeing how Game Freak did away with the Battle Frontier, I'm pretty sure we're getting Battle Maison and a small post game story.

Do you mean you expect a decrease in postgame content for Z, after the good amount of postgame content in ORAS, or do you mean ORAS's postgame wasn't good enough itself? I didn't understand your opinion of it.

Also, are you expecting a poor postgame for Z? When have gen finales been content lacking? Emerald, Platinum, B2W2 all had a lot of content... Or are you expecting gen VI to break the rule and go lazy/decrease in content for the gen VI finale?

I personally expect Z/XYZ to have the PWT. But who knows, you could be right, although I doubt they would go with the same Battle Facility for a third game in a row. It is good and easy to get into, but they usually change the Battle Facility every two games more or less...

Ah sorry, I should have specified more. I liked ORAS's features and post game and I feel we got some cool things with it, especially with Soaring/Mirage Islands and the Dexnav. Although Third Versions have had great post games, I'm keeping some low expectations on post game, since those features may not show up. So I'm more bracing for the disappointment of that, paired up with a slight decrease in things to do in comparison to ORAS if they do have more features. So this is a little more "ORAS had some fantastic things here and they might stay there. And then Z may not have something that matches up.".
You could be right here as well, Z could have an amazing post game and it's own unique and interesting features that I'm having a hard time thinking up. They could even put in ORAS's introduced features for all I know. Sorry again for the confusion.

I'll be honest, I'm expecting Z more than anything else as the next next game. There doesn't seem to be anything else to do other than that; Zygarde doesn't have a relationship to Xerneas or Yveltal outside of being a trio. Not to mention that with all of those forms it's hard to make an XZ YZ without taking a nice lot of attention from Xerneas or Yveltal, which the they could do if they had Megas for them, but otherwise there wouldn't be much of a reason to make sequels. I'm sort of guessing on it being XYZ; throwing Xerneas and Yveltal in while making them catchable and emphasizing on their relationships to Zygarde. But that's how I see it.

Anyways, we are most certainly getting a Kalos game, because there's simply no way that Zygarde's forms will be showcased in the anime first and then a region it's not protecting in the next game. There's a lot of ways this game makes no sense, but this would not be one of them

Less focus on Kanto. Please. Starters, Mewtwo, Bird Trio. That's plenty enough from XY.
A much better story where I can actually feel more closeness to my rival(s) other than "yes we hardly ever battled and talked 'cept for 1.5 of you".
More things to do. after Secret Bases, Soaring, Mirage islands and Contests, I don't have many expectations set too high for this one; Most non event Legendaries were pretty much made available with ORAS, and seeing how Game Freak did away with the Battle Frontier, I'm pretty sure we're getting Battle Maison and a small post game story.

Do you mean you expect a decrease in postgame content for Z, after the good amount of postgame content in ORAS, or do you mean ORAS's postgame wasn't good enough itself? I didn't understand your opinion of it.

Also, are you expecting a poor postgame for Z? When have gen finales been content lacking? Emerald, Platinum, B2W2 all had a lot of content... Or are you expecting gen VI to break the rule and go lazy/decrease in content for the gen VI finale?

I personally expect Z/XYZ to have the PWT. But who knows, you could be right, although I doubt they would go with the same Battle Facility for a third game in a row. It is good and easy to get into, but they usually change the Battle Facility every two games more or less...

Ah sorry, I should have specified more. I liked ORAS's features and post game and I feel we got some cool things with it, especially with Soaring/Mirage Islands and the Dexnav. Although Third Versions have had great post games, I'm keeping some low expectations on post game, since those features may not show up. So I'm more bracing for the disappointment of that, paired up with a slight decrease in things to do in comparison to ORAS if they do have more features. So this is a little more "ORAS had some fantastic things here and they might stay there. And then Z may not have something that matches up.".
You could be right here as well, Z could have an amazing post game and it's own unique and interesting features that I'm having a hard time thinking up. They could even put in ORAS's introduced features for all I know. Sorry again for the confusion.
I think soaring kind has to be back, unless they cut out the Lati megas. And anyway, it only took em 18 effing years to introduce thePokemon equivalent of JRPG airships, which have been around since, oh I dunno, 1985? The least they can do is keep it in one more iteration.
the origins and inner-workings of Mega Evolution are simply a MacGuffin. you can really see this in XY since it is a huge driver in the story, but you ultimately get virtually nowhere with it. it also doesn't matter what the inner-workings of Mega Evolution are and i wouldn't be surprised if by Gen VIII that sub...sub.....sub-plot is dropped. and if it's so important, why did ORAS do virtually nothing with it? all we got from ORAS is that non-Rayquaza Megas are "synthetic" Megas that were prompted by humans. there was no progression there.

the multiverse has always been strongly implied vis-a-vis the multiple possible stories each generation (ie., the events of Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald could be the main story), most people just chose to believe that the third game rewrote the canon for the region. Zinnia's dialogue just gave more #official confirmation that it's probably a thing. and if Mega Evolution is so important and radical (not that i'm necessarily denying that they aren't), why wait until ORAS to give the greenlight to the multiverse and why the post-game?

ORAS gave us a lot actually. Legendaries can utilize a different power source of nature then regular megas which is based on their innate powers of existence. This ties them further more to theworld, and allows for some pretty amazing lore to be created. Then with megas themselves, itmakes you wonder if someday the series could eventually provide a way to have Pokemon develop a natural way to utilize the energy source needed to Mega Evolve,and not actually need a Mega Stone, which is confirmed to be a physical manifestation of said energy.
Lastly, the multiverse being explained in ORAS isdue to its nature of being old canon thrown into the new world. XY unfortunately dealt with megas being a new concept=megas being a new thing in the world, so it worked with the old games in that context. They probably saw the issue, and rectified it by confirming that XY might work that way, but it could also be that XY exists in a world that has megas for a while now.

Which is mostly why I honestly don't mind a Z version. I want XY where Devon Corp splinter cells are confirmed to be working with Team Flare, a kalos where the events of ORAS have a lasting effect, and other gens events with megas are foreshadowed. Like Gen 1 and 2 with kegas would have no real effect on the world in general, but with stuff like Dialga and Palkia, youd think the damage or ruckus caused would be worse then the primals.
This is mostly what I would want from the 20th. GF actually setting things up for the upcoming years and giving us a coherent worldview.

People want to have a different adventure not a "z" version like platinum with minor improvements over their predescors.

Which is why Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum hardly sold any copies, were commercially and critically hated, and are infamously considered as the worst games of the entire franchise.

Oh wait...
You're right, but let's forget the fact that the games you mentioned sold waaay less than their predescors.

I'm not saying they sold better than their predecessors. I'm saying they sold. Millions. Worldwide. They did very well commercially. Which disproves your inference that people don't want them and prefer only new material. The third version are very much a 'different adventure' in their own right - just set in a familiar world.

I'd welcome Z Version in any incarnation; I just really want a new main Pokemon game soon. It feels like it's time.

ORAS gave us a lot actually.
you've set the bar quite low for "a lot" it seems.

Legendaries can utilize a different power source of nature then regular megas which is based on their innate powers of existence.
Rayquaza can utilize a different power source. do not assume that because Rayquaza can, every other legendary can. even further, that's because of a retcon of its role into a human protector rather than the "arbiter" of its conflictual trio. and if you were including Kyogre and Groudon, Primal Reversion isn't Mega Evolution. it's similar, but it certainly isn't Mega Evolution. after all, you can use multiple Primal Reversions and still use Mega Evolution, and Primal Reversion is automatic.

this is also just an (erroneous) extrapolation of what i said ORAS introduced anyways. there are some implications, undeniably, but ORAS still didn't introduce nearly as much as it could've. and what it did introduced barely moved Mega Evolution forward, it was largely a rehash of what we heard/speculated in XY.

This ties them further more to theworld, and allows for some pretty amazing lore to be created.
allows is not the same as will. after all, Kyogre and Groudon's lore was barely expanded upon even with their budget Mega Evolution.

Then with megas themselves, itmakes you wonder if someday the series could eventually provide a way to have Pokemon develop a natural way to utilize the energy source needed to Mega Evolve,and not actually need a Mega Stone, which is confirmed to be a physical manifestation of said energy.
always possible, after all Rayquaza evolved to have an organ for that purpose. but then again, Rayquaza ate meteors and some keystones for that energy, so i doubt that many other Pokemon would be able to.

Lastly, the multiverse being explained in ORAS isdue to its nature of being old canon thrown into the new world. XY unfortunately dealt with megas being a new concept=megas being a new thing in the world, so it worked with the old games in that context. They probably saw the issue, and rectified it by confirming that XY might work that way, but it could also be that XY exists in a world that has megas for a while now.
and....? GameFreak had no problem throwing in FRLG with Steel and Dark types or retconning out the "newness" of Steel and Dark types in HGSS or including Steel and Dark types in RSE (because they wouldn't have been classified then). or importantly as Endolise brings up, why my Gardevoir is hit by Draco Meteor in the Pokémerica of BW2 yet if i take it to PokéFrance it is suddenly completely immune, despite the two games occurring at the same time. so the most accurate explanation for ORAS including the #FBO confirmation of the megaverse is likely because they felt like it.

Like Gen 1 and 2 with kegas would have no real effect on the world in general, but with stuff like Dialga and Palkia, youd think the damage or ruckus caused would be worse then the primals.
and ORAS's megas had a substantial impact? the plotline was functionally identical to that of RSE, just with Megas shoehorned in. don't forget that Groudon and Kyogre start the legendary drought/deluge without being in their Primal form. i highly doubt Dialga and Palkia would cause as much damage, after all they do very little once they are summoned in DPPt and unlike Kyogre and Groudon, they aren't actual conflicting beings (the anime canon is not always the game canon). they certainly have the potential to, as powerful primal beings, but it is not a given that they would especially when considering that Megas had very little impact on the plot of ORAS.

Ok, thank you for explaining it :)

I actually agree with your point of view. I think OR/AS had a very diverse and cool post game. I think many people are not giving ORAS´s features and postgame content the credit they deserve because they are taking them for granted. And when those fans see that the many ORAS exclusive features they took for granted, are not in the next game/s, they will start praising OR/AS a lot more. It´s like that with a lot of pokemon games.

I, like you, have the feeling that GF will leave many of those awesome ORAS- exclusive features out of Z. Super Secret Bases, Contest Spectaculars, Sneaking, and maybe even Soaring. I don´t think Z wil have a barren postgame at all, I´m sure it will introduce other things not present elsewhere. But it will still be harshly criticized for not having many cool ORAS features, just like ORAS is being criticized for not having customization.

Last edited:
I, like you, have the feeling that GF will leave many of those awesome ORAS- exclusive features out of Z. Super Secret Bases, Contest Spectaculars, Sneaking, and maybe even Soaring.

I will have an emotional breakdown if they take soaring out of the next games ;) FINALLY the need of that stupid HM was eliminated.

People want to have a different adventure not a "z" version like platinum with minor improvements over their predescors.

Which is why Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum hardly sold any copies, were commercially and critically hated, and are infamously considered as the worst games of the entire franchise.

Oh wait...
You're right, but let's forget the fact that the games you mentioned sold waaay less than their predescors.

I'm not saying they sold better than their predecessors. I'm saying they sold. Millions. Worldwide. They did very well commercially. Which disproves your inference that people don't want them and prefer only new material. The third version are very much a 'different adventure' in their own right - just set in a familiar world.
And that's exactly my point. They sold less than their predecessors because they were set in a similiar world. Of course there are people out there who are willing to buy them, but this proves that the majority of people prefer not buying these slightly improvemed third versions.

Last edited:
I, like you, have the feeling that GF will leave many of those awesome ORAS- exclusive features out of Z. Super Secret Bases, Contest Spectaculars, Sneaking, and maybe even Soaring.

I will have an emotional breakdown if they take soaring out of the next games ;) FINALLY the need of that stupid HM was eliminated.

Yes. And the reason I see slightly more possibilities for Soaring to be in future games is that I see Super Secret Bases, Contests and Sneaking to be more Hoenn- based, and being especially based on ORAS's themes of nature, exploring and abundance. While Soaring could be related to other games' themes. And maybe GF will be pressed by the fans to carry on at least one of those cool features to Z. I still find it unlikelt though!

Last edited:
Maybe an App/DLC would help some people save money...But that's the opposite of what companies do, they want us to expend our money rather than saving. A Z in 2016 and a Gen VII in 2017 would inevitably sell more than a Gen VII in 2016 and a break in 2017. An App/DLC would be pointless, it would be filling a main series release spot as much as a spin-off. For example, take Shuffle, it's FREE and has only been downloaded 5 million times. It's successful, but the fact it doesn't costs as much money as a main series release matters.

People are understimating what a third version would bring. On the most basic level, we will get: the return of customization, new Megas, new characters, a new battle facility and a subquest involving finding Zygarde Cells. On an intermediate level we will get a transformation involving Kalos starters, Southern Kalos and Event Legendaries being demoted of their status. On an advanced level, who knows? As some people have said before, I find it hypocritical that some third version haters were saying "Platinum & Emerald = Best games ever" in other sites. In fact, some ORAS complaints can be summed up as "It didn't acted like a third version".

I'm on the sequel/prequel/New region boat, but I would take a third version if it uses all the potencial it has.

Hmmm, I just can't shake the feeling that the answer might be in front of us and that we're making things more complex than they need to be
I'm expecting Corocoro to spill the beans next month on everything and then a trailer by Nintendo a day later. I can see them using Pokémon to ease tensions about the Star Fox delay and to make people more excited for 2016.

And that's exactly my point. They sold less than their predecessors because they were set in a similiar world. Of course there are people out there who are willing to buy them, but this proves that the majority of people prefer not buying these slightly improvemed third versions.
correlation does not imply causation. we don't know why people do not buy third games (and also remakes).

I think its a testament to how much people want new games, whatever they are at least, with that fake Z twitter announcement from Ninlendo of America spreading faster then butter on toast. Good lord will the floodgates burst when the actual games come

On another note, I have been reading up onmegas to clear confusion formyself adter that blunder above to try and make megas important which they are. Throughthis, I have come to a question. If mega stones are infused with Yvelta and Xerneas' life forces,and are physical manefistations of the natural energy needed to reach beyond their powers, then perhaps Ash Greninja is actually True Mega Evolution? What I mean by this is quite simple.The pokemonhas inert energy to mega evolve. Trainers own a keystone that channels their own energy and their Pokemons into a mega stone activating it and releasing its emergy into the Pokemon again to unlesh its potential. Now then, what if the mega stone channel and keystone are not needed to achieve True Mega Evolution? Got it now? True Mega Evolution would be powered just by the bond, and not the extra energy from the stone. What the game equivalent is would be that perhaps only the Kalos Starters can achieve it for now but by the end of the games, it turns out that all Mega Evolutions canbe achieved this way sooner or later. Thus the resolution of the plot brings not only the answers to mega evolutiom, if they are what I speculate and more, but also it means you dont need to collect 60+ goddn stones for when they eventually bump up the numbers.

On another note, crazy idea. The Mega Special IV shows 5 new megas, ends, episode 1 of XY&Z airs, and then at the end, boom! Game trailer and game announcement, withthe 5 new megas.

Maybe an App/DLC would help some people save money...But that's the opposite of what companies do, they want us to expend our money rather than saving. A Z in 2016 and a Gen VII in 2017 would inevitably sell more than a Gen VII in 2016 and a break in 2017.
You're arbitrarily assuming that Generation VII will be followed by a break in 2017 just to make your argument work.

An App/DLC would be pointless, it would be filling a main series release spot as much as a spin-off.
So an app would be worse than not getting anything related to the main series this year? Okay.

and....? GameFreak had no problem throwing in FRLG with Steel and Dark types or retconning out the "newness" of Steel and Dark types in HGSS or including Steel and Dark types in RSE (because they wouldn't have been classified then).

This "retcon" is not really an issue though considering the GB/GBC universe is completely separated from the GBA/DS universe.
You can say in the GB/GSC universe the steel and dark types were a new discovery, while in the GBA/DS universe and the 3DS universe these types were always well known.
And if not for one problematic line claiming the fairy type to be a new discovery in XY (although some people try to justify it saying it meant "relatively recent" which totally didn't sound like that) we could say fairy type always existed in the 3DS universe but now is messy...

or importantly as Endolise brings up, why my Gardevoir is hit by Draco Meteor in the Pokémerica of BW2 yet if i take it to PokéFrance it is suddenly completely immune, despite the two games occurring at the same time.

BW2 is part of the GBA/DS era so fairy type just doesn't exist.
A better arguement would be why Magnemite was not weak to fire type moves in RBY, but I find it much easier to ignore this as gameplay mechanic as long as there's no dialogues or plot details that tie into it, and clearly Magnemite not being weak to fire moves was never a plot point in RBY.

Honestly it all comes down to the obvious fact that XY were originally planned to be in the same universe with all the GBA/DS games. That's why they had characters refer to fairy type as a new discovery and that's why Mega Evo is stated to have yet to happen outside of Kalos. Because XY was supposed to be the furthest in future point of the timeline and they didn't keep in mind the possibility of remaking older games. So if not for remakes, the original plan could work assuming every gen would be further into the future. But then ORAS became a thing...

Of course, if they cared more not to contradict themselves, they could avoid having ORAS characters refer to fairy type in the dialogues (I wouldn't mind it still being there as game mechanic, just not referred to in dialogues) and they could try keeping Mega Evo as a more secret-ish thing (kinda like how Origins dealt with it, which clearly tried and succeeded in doing Mega Evo without contradicting the "known to happen only in Kalos" bit since Fuji was all mysterious about it and Red didn't truly know what it was nor is he ever seen mentioning it to anyone)
But instead they chose to outright contradict everything XY told us while at the same time telling us ORAS and XY are in the same universe...
Poor planning all around, but Z can potentially fix all of this... then ORAS can be tied more nicely to the Kalos story via Z rather than being full of contradictions or awkwardly placed one sided tributes linking Hoenn and Kalos together.

Is Z seriously the consensus right now? You're literally saying that they would in fact reference the name of a future game a year ahead of its announcement. If your minimum belief is a third version with a different name, please put quotation marks around Z.

Is Z seriously the consensus right now? You're literally saying that they would in fact reference the name of a future game a year ahead of its announcement. If your minimum belief is a third version with a different name, please put quotation marks around Z.

One year ahead? More like 4 or 5 months ahead imo...

You're literally saying that they would in fact reference the name of a future game a year ahead of its announcement.

Who said that? Most of us who believe Z is happening are expecting an announcement in October with the game being released around February.
I'll say my prediction again: they might reveal Z in the new variety show starting in Japan this October (BW2 were first revealed in the variety show of that time and were released 4 months after they were announced) and release it in February in time for the 20th anniversary and the release of Go which they implied we might be able to link with the main series, probably referring to future releases as I doubt it'll be able to link with the currently released games, so releasing the new main game alongside Go would probably work best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom