• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't really have a point, merely pointing out things you hadn't mentioned/any inaccuracy. Should have mentioned that. Oops.

But first I want to say, that Generation 7 will never happen next year.

Okay Masuda :p jk, I notice this is your first post! Welcome to the forums :)

generations doesn't start early in the year. They release them in the holidays for more sells, especially for such important games like the first games in the generation, which generate the most sells.

Which is why an early 2016 reveal, with an late 2016 release, could fit the time frame. A new Pokemon from Gen VII could feature in the new movie, potentially alongside Volcanion, and maybe Zygarde. I'll get to that in a bit.

We are now super late into the year and a release for new games this year is very unlikely. So the most likely scenario would be a February - April release in 2016. A new generation in the same year is almost impossible. This isn't like Emerald that came out a couple months after FR/LG, we are speaking of a brand new generation and that need several months for hyping up the new generation. When they want to announce the new generation? A month after Z? That would kill the sells for Z. Only 3-4 months before the release? Not that much build up for the hype of a brand new generation.

February/April release would mean they would have to announce the game this year. Announcing a Pokemon game one year, and announcing it the next, is not something that Game Freak have done in a long time. I think the last time they did this was with FR/LG, as they came out in Japan in January 2004. I think since Emerald, we've had all main games announced & released within the same year. If I'm wrong, please correct me on it.

That being said, there are more hints for a late 2017 release for gen 7:

- Two event pokemon still uncovered. I don't think they spam out two event pokemon at once next year. There's no evidence of AZ Floette appearing in the series with the result of being the Meloette of this generation.
- We need the typical "Next generaton promoting Pokemon/Forme movie" we got in every generation. We don't know if such a pokemon will appear in the next movie. Zygarde will appear as we know now and who else?
- Volcanion needs it's own movie like every event legendary from this and the 5th generation.

- Two? There's only Volcanion left. There's no evidence of AZ's Floette appearing at all outside the games. It's not even counted as an event Pokemon. I'd like to point out that in the initial trailer for the 2010 movie, Lugia & Ho-Oh appeared. As we all know, they didn't appear at all within the Zoroark film. The legendary beasts appeared. Here's the trailer.
- As for a new Pokemon to feature in the final X/Y movie, if a new Gen is revealed next year then they have a lot of potential choices for a poster boy for it.
- I agree, Volcanion will eventually need its own film. Whether that is 2016/17 though, we'll just have to wait and see.

I hope this post doesn't seem like a "I'm right & you're wrong!" kind of thing.
Ninjutsu does have point though in a sense that more evidence leans towards a Zygarde game or games than Gen 7 ones. GF and Nintendo would be sending the anime out to die if they have it promote irrelevant stuff,
also having Kalos be the postgame of the next region will just make the new region become overshadowed by its predecessor much like Jotho was before it which will just be a bad marketing move IMO.
So it's best that we clear all the Kalos stuff now so that we can have a fresh start later.

Ninjutsu does have point though in a sense that more evidence leans towards a Zygarde game or games than Gen 7 ones. GF and Nintendo would be sending the anime out to die if they have it promote irrelevant stuff
because they've never done filler seasons (Decolore Islands, Orange Islands) in the past.

Ninjutsu does have point though in a sense that more evidence leans towards a Zygarde game or games than Gen 7 ones. GF and Nintendo would be sending the anime out to die if they have it promote irrelevant stuff
because they've never done filler seasons (Decolore Islands, Orange Islands) in the past.

This isn't a filler season and I meant by having the anime promote this new Zygarde stuff only for it to mean nothing in the end because Gen 7 will happening instead of another Kalos game!
If the anime is promoting gen 6 stuff and not the potential gen 7 then Japan and the world as a whole have absolutely no reason to even watch XYZ series which means that the anime's ratings will hit a whole new low and the show will be devoured by Yokai Watch's anime which will affect the sells of the new games (especially in Japan) .
To me at least, GF has made it clear that they want to put their eggs all in one basket the games, anime, merchandise and all, so they have to handle all of these very carefully because if one of their respective media screws up everything goes down with it.

This isn't a filler season and I meant by having the anime promote this new Zygarde stuff only for it to mean nothing in the end because Gen 7 will happening instead of another Kalos game!

It is pretty clear that Kalos is getting another game. It makes no sense to showcase new Zygarde forms if gen 7 is coming. Zygarde is also to star in mega evolution special and movie which is another hint of Kalos game. Volcanion hasn't been officially revealed and Hoopa still needs to released as an event outside Japan and Singapore. Gen 7 would happen later.

I didn't really have a point, merely pointing out things you hadn't mentioned/any inaccuracy. Should have mentioned that. Oops.

But first I want to say, that Generation 7 will never happen next year.

Okay Masuda :p jk, I notice this is your first post! Welcome to the forums :)

generations doesn't start early in the year. They release them in the holidays for more sells, especially for such important games like the first games in the generation, which generate the most sells.

Which is why an early 2016 reveal, with an late 2016 release, could fit the time frame. A new Pokemon from Gen VII could feature in the new movie, potentially alongside Volcanion, and maybe Zygarde. I'll get to that in a bit.

We are now super late into the year and a release for new games this year is very unlikely. So the most likely scenario would be a February - April release in 2016. A new generation in the same year is almost impossible. This isn't like Emerald that came out a couple months after FR/LG, we are speaking of a brand new generation and that need several months for hyping up the new generation. When they want to announce the new generation? A month after Z? That would kill the sells for Z. Only 3-4 months before the release? Not that much build up for the hype of a brand new generation.

February/April release would mean they would have to announce the game this year. Announcing a Pokemon game one year, and announcing it the next, is not something that Game Freak have done in a long time. I think the last time they did this was with FR/LG, as they came out in Japan in January 2004. I think since Emerald, we've had all main games announced & released within the same year. If I'm wrong, please correct me on it.

That being said, there are more hints for a late 2017 release for gen 7:

- Two event pokemon still uncovered. I don't think they spam out two event pokemon at once next year. There's no evidence of AZ Floette appearing in the series with the result of being the Meloette of this generation.
- We need the typical "Next generaton promoting Pokemon/Forme movie" we got in every generation. We don't know if such a pokemon will appear in the next movie. Zygarde will appear as we know now and who else?
- Volcanion needs it's own movie like every event legendary from this and the 5th generation.

- Two? There's only Volcanion left. There's no evidence of AZ's Floette appearing at all outside the games. It's not even counted as an event Pokemon. I'd like to point out that in the initial trailer for the 2010 movie, Lugia & Ho-Oh appeared. As we all know, they didn't appear at all within the Zoroark film. The legendary beasts appeared. Here's the trailer.
- As for a new Pokemon to feature in the final X/Y movie, if a new Gen is revealed next year then they have a lot of potential choices for a poster boy for it.
- I agree, Volcanion will eventually need its own film. Whether that is 2016/17 though, we'll just have to wait and see.

I hope this post doesn't seem like a "I'm right & you're wrong!" kind of thing.

We haven't got any information about the next games and the most likely scenario would be another sequel or third version, since the evidence are all pointing up for that. There are still some mysterys in the region (Kalos) itself and I dont think they bring another generation covering the legendary pokemon from the previous generation. Even the anime is pointing up for the typical third version if they name the serie XY&Z. If Zygardes story will be covered up in the next generation, why include Zygarde and his forms in this series with the announcement of XY&Z this early? Why even include them in the next games if Zygarde is clearly Kalos related? The timeline itself is absolutly no evidence for the next generation starting next year, since all of the people misunderstanding the meaning of it.

The two releases in one year are two exceptions. The first (Blue after Red&Green) came to fix the bugs and improve the games like the better sprites etc, since they wanted to bring these games to the west. Emerald came that early because they wanted to release DP in fall 2005 before it got delayed. That was one of the reasons why they even made an BF arc in the series. Besides that, both games are not that important than a new generation.

Generations need time for bringing enough hype to the table. Gen VI was announced 9 months before it's release, delayed pokemon games even almost 2 years.

Like I said two events are still left with Volcanion being the typical event pokemon and AZ Floette being another spiky ear pichu. But they don't simply announce the events without any special purpose and reason. Either they get released because they appear in the film/anime or because there was a special story event in the games. Meloetta event was announced in that time it appeared in the BW Season 2 anime. Now when we will get the last 2 events? There no Volcanion or AZ Floette appearing in the poster.

If they really want to cover the Zygarde story in the XY&Z series, then why the official pokemon website included type, weight and weight in the description and Zygarde knowing some moves like extreme speed that 10% Zygarde could know?

Eternal Flower Floette probably isn't an event. It was shown in X/Y and people assumed Mega Lati@s were going to be events, look what happened. The only event that's likely ATM is Volcanion. Eternal Flower Floette is probably going to just be a gift Pokemon from AZ.

Eternal Flower Floette probably isn't an event. It was shown in X/Y and people assumed Mega Lati@s were going to be events, look what happened. The only event that's likely ATM is Volcanion. Eternal Flower Floette is probably going to just be a gift Pokemon from AZ.
Exactly! Everything is slowly but surely coming together plus I noticed that Ash Greninja looks like Az's Floette in terms of color so that's a pretty big clue IMO.

If they really want to cover the Zygarde story in the XY&Z series, then why the official pokemon website included type and weight in the description and Zygarde knowing some moves like extreme speed that 10% Zygarde could know?

Because it's likely that Zygarde may use the moves in the anime? It gives viewers an idea of what Zygarde will be like. Even if it turns out that they are anime exclusive, they are still legitimate forms within the anime canon and deserve the authenticity that a Pokemon featured in the games would also have.

Also, the official US site states that Zygarde's forms & Ash-Greininja are animation news. It re-iterates this, several times. Why would they bother doing that if the forms were eventually going to be revealed later as forms for a new game anyway.

I noticed that Ash Greninja looks like Az's Floette in terms of color so that's a pretty big clue IMO.

A clue as to...what, exactly?

Exactly! Everything is slowly but surely coming together plus I noticed that Ash Greninja looks like Az's Floette in terms of color so that's a pretty big clue IMO.

I've seen this so many times, and I just can't see it. How does Ash Greninja in anyway look like AZ Floette?

I can agree the theory that maybe he had a normal Flabebe that he loved so much it became this Eternal Floette. I get that link, but i dont see a visual link. Greninjash looks like Ash mixed with greninja, AZ floette doesnt look like AZ, and in my opinion it doesnt look like Greninjash

Because it's likely that Zygarde may use the moves in the anime? It gives viewers an idea of what Zygarde will be like. Even if it turns out that they are anime exclusive, they are still legitimate forms within the anime canon and deserve the authenticity that a Pokemon featured in the games would also have.

Also, the official US site states that Zygarde's forms & Ash-Greininja are animation news. It re-iterates this, several times. Why would they bother doing that if the forms were eventually going to be revealed later as forms for a new game anyway.

Because for the time being, there is no game that they are in. We are supposed to all be clueless 7 years olds, who apparently have no idea that a 3rd installment could be on its way. If they said its available in game, or in an upcoming game, they would have essentially revealed Z there and then!

Like we all know about Volcanion, but still Game Freak will do a big reveal, about this brand new Pokemon, 3 years after every else learnt about it! Until then official sources all state there are only 720 Pokemon, even though we all know about number 721

Last edited:

I noticed that Ash Greninja looks like Az's Floette in terms of color so that's a pretty big clue IMO.

A clue as to...what, exactly?

Flowers. The eternal Flower and basically every major Gen 6 character are named after a flower. As for Zygarde, I doubt TPCI would be reporting this if it was anime only news because that means nothing to their Western audience most whom no longer watch or care about the anime. They're just building up to something without telling us what it is so that they can get people's attention.

I've seen this so many times, and I just can't see it. How does Ash Greninja in anyway look like AZ Floette?

I can agree the theory that maybe he had a normal Flabebe that he loved so much it became this Eternal Floette. I get that link, but i dont see a visual link. Greninjash looks like Ash mixed with greninja, AZ floette doesnt look like AZ, and in my opinion it doesnt look like Greninjash

Take a look at both AZ's floette and Ash Greninja side by side. They both have dark red parts somewhere on their body plus the fact that TPC stated that this happened only once before just screams AZ

lets say z comes out this coming summer that leaves a year and a half of useless arks. that worked with d/p because by the time platinum came out (September 13, 2008) ash only had his 4th badge at that point. now with kalos he's getting his 7th badge next month sow we can assume that the league will take place this summer.then what if it is a remade kalos game i dont thing there will be a year and a half of content. idk who does. thats pokemon for you

It is pretty clear that Kalos is getting another game. It makes no sense to showcase new Zygarde forms if gen 7 is coming. Zygarde is also to star in mega evolution special and movie which is another hint of Kalos game. Volcanion hasn't been officially revealed and Hoopa still needs to released as an event outside Japan and Singapore. Gen 7 would happen later.

Exactly.
They're not doing all of this promotion for Gen 7. The first Gen 7 games won't include Zygarde, Hoopa or Volcanion. A third Kalos game is the only way to go. I would find it hard for them to not make Z if the anime has been remade 'XY&Z.' Then there's Ash-Greninja, another feature that can be present in the game. There is just too much evidence to believe that there's no other Kalos game this Gen. We had a Kanto remake in Yellow, a Johto remake with Crystal, a Hoenn remake with Emerald, a Sinnoh remake with Platinum and TWO Unova remakes, so why won't there be a remake of Kalos. It will be a great chance to give some Gen 5 and 6 Pokémon some Mega Evolutions.

Additionally, some producer (I can't remember their name) gave us a clue that there is something to do with 'flowers' coming in early 2016. AZ's Floette is a good candidate for this clue to be about.

Last edited:
Exactly.
They're not doing all of this promotion for Gen 7. The first Gen 7 games won't include Zygarde, Hoopa or Volcanion. A third Kalos game is the only way to go. I would find it hard for them to not make Z if the anime has been remade 'XY&Z.' Then there's Ash-Greninja, another feature that can be present in the game. There is just too much evidence to believe that there's no other Kalos game this Gen. We had a Kanto remake in Yellow, a Johto remake with Crystal, a Hoenn remake with Emerald, a Sinnoh remake with Platinum and TWO Unova remakes, so why won't there be a remake of Kalos. It will be a great chance to give some Gen 5 and 6 Pokémon some Mega Evolutions.

Additionally, some producer (I can't remember their name) gave us a clue that there is something to do with 'flowers' coming in early 2016. AZ's Floette is a good candidate for this clue to be about.

Technically Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum are third version games. B2W2 are sequels to BW. FRLG are Kanto remakes, HGSS are Johto remakes and ORAS are Hoenn remakes. I do agree that the third Kalos game is likely to happen.

Since no one mentioned this theory, i'll go ahead :

What if volcanion isn't an event exclusive mon and just reserved for a future volcano in kalos ?

Not to be rude you've completely missed the point.

Yes I know the story in both, but it's a very clunky and not too logical one.

Like in sapphire how the meteorite will dry the volcano and rain somehow fills it to make a water area. Yeah it's explained but it still doesn't make that much sense.

And in diamond how a time pokemon will create a new world I guess you can argue a case but a version where you need both time and space pokemon makes more sense.

Same here, x and y both kind of gloss over how this weapon revival machine changes or even how it works and trying to grant someone eternal life as a punishment yeah I can see the explanation but death is much more likely.

Hence why I think in the retcon the use of the weapon will depend on the pokemon in it.

So AZ will use Xerness to bring back floette and yveltal as the weapon side.

The two together makes much more sense.

In HGSS Arceus event, Cynthia says that the world was shaped by three members of Creation Trio, those three members were firstly created by Arceus. Cyrus should control all three members in order to create a new world. That means his actions don't make sense in all three versions. In Platinum he improved only by one step by controlling two legendaries instead of one, but still, that's not enough.

This is why third versions don't necessarily make more sense than initial paired versions, they are just more expanded. In DP remakes, Cyrus will probably try to control only one legendary again, and Giratina will be featured in post-game.

AZ didn't use legendary to revive Floette. The whole point of why Floette left him was that lives of many Pokemon were taken to restore its life. Retconning Xerneas to be used for Floette's revival misses this point completely.

Xerneas' power used to kill actually makes sense if we compare it to Kyogre's rain. It grants life, but too much of it can do the opposite.

Exactly.

Technically Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum are third version games. B2W2 are sequels to BW. FRLG are Kanto remakes, HGSS are Johto remakes and ORAS are Hoenn remakes. I do agree that the third Kalos game is likely to happen.

Sorry, that's what I meant. For some reason, I just said 'remakes.'

lets say z comes out this coming summer that leaves a year and a half of useless arks. that worked with d/p because by the time platinum came out (September 13, 2008) ash only had his 4th badge at that point. now with kalos he's getting his 7th badge next month sow we can assume that the league will take place this summer.then what if it is a remade kalos game i dont thing there will be a year and a half of content. idk who does. thats pokemon for you

Platinum came out before tje remake in Gen 4 -> the third version came early in the anime. HG/SS came also at that time Ash already got his 7th gym badge in Sinnoh. To be more accuratly, if the next games are in Kalos, then it will be the latest release of a sequel/third version after the main games. Third versions and BW2 came all within 2 years.

This is not the only time we have a gap of more than a year between the last games of a generation and the new generation. BW2 came out on June 23rd. Ash got his last gym badge already in BW84 with the league happened around BW100. The BW series was 141 episodes long. So about 35 episodes more after the league.

Now the 7th XY gym will happen at XY93. We are now at XY89 and we already had many break weaks with no episodes. The XY&Z part of the series will happen after the gym (XY94). Unlike BW, Ash hasn't obtained his last gym badge yet and we will probably get another big arc about 20 episodes long with the TF plot. After that the last gym badge and at least two tournaments to win (three if Serena will lose the next). There also the possibility of a post league arc like the BF.

We already had something like the Zygarde forms announcement. Origin Giratina was also released two months before the actual announcement of Platinum. With what we have now, it's sure to say we will get another Kalos game. And after that probably the 1 1/2 gap like BW2 to XY with the gen seven promotion starting early 2017.

Exactly. From February 2016 to September 2017, the Anime will have no issues. If we assume Wulfric is early 2016, it could easily take 2 months till Couriway, and another 2 till Snowbelle if there is no story arc, then when the games release in February we have the TF story arc, the league could easily take place in March or april, well into May or June. From Spring 2016 till september 2017 ther could be more TF like Episode N,or they can easily pull a BFif there is such an equivalent in Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom