• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since no one mentioned this theory, i'll go ahead :

What if volcanion isn't an event exclusive mon and just reserved for a future volcano in kalos ?

I doubt it. Deoxys is more likely to be a one-off. I don't see it in the next game but who knows.

Xerneas' power used to kill actually makes sense if we compare it to Kyogre's rain. It grants life, but too much of it can do the opposite.

That reminds me. Over Gen VI, a particular plot point has been in focus almost the whole time: Infinity Energy. The energy that enables Megavolution an Primal Reversion, the energy that powered the Ultimate Weapon as both a revival device and a weapon of mass destruction, and implied to be a resource that can be harvested and utilized like oil. Both Xerneas and Yveltal were able to be used as a battery for the Ultimate Weapon, which more or less confirms that Infinity Energy is the life force of Pokemon. The effects of triggering a massive collection of the stuff was compared to a Megavolution in-game.

The points are there, just waiting to be connected. And Zygarde's new formes have been revealed, which likely means it will soon play a large role in whatever's to come. Since it's the counterpart of Xerneas and Yveltal, two Pokemon that can generate and drain Infinity Energy respectively, it has to have something to do with it. There's too much there for this to not be explored or just relegated to an event of some kind.

This thread is literally going nowhere and all we're doing is attacking each other like rabid Houndoom. Everyone just needs to take some days off from the forum, breathe, relax, then come back. It's what I did.

Please for the loce of god do not jump the gun on this, but Get TV apparrently has some special news. 100% sure its nothing, mayve the Mega Special 4 trailer after the airing of 3, or something similar. But, and I am jumping the gun so my plea is pretty much worthless, but with the new show next week, maybe we will get a preview for news next week? Jumping the gun here, but damn am I hungry, and I am willing to jump at anything now.

Since no one mentioned this theory, i'll go ahead :

What if volcanion isn't an event exclusive mon and just reserved for a future volcano in kalos ?

That would sure be amazing; Deoxys being catchable during the Delta Episode was a really nice touch. I understand why they hold back certain legendary 'mon and make them harder to obtain and increase their rarity rather than just putting them all in the games, but in this era of wifi there is no excuse for not distributing them that way. I do not like being made to walk/drive/hitchhike halfway across the country for a damned Pokemon event in-store.

Please for the loce of god do not jump the gun on this, but Get TV apparrently has some special news. 100% sure its nothing, mayve the Mega Special 4 trailer after the airing of 3, or something similar. But, and I am jumping the gun so my plea is pretty much worthless, but with the new show next week, maybe we will get a preview for news next week? Jumping the gun here, but damn am I hungry, and I am willing to jump at anything now.

Too late. Gun jumped. Hopes sky high. Hype train at full speed, woo woo! xD

Nah, but this fandom could use something positive right now to head us into the dark days of winter. Whether they're giving us Z or something else I wish they'd just announce it - or even hint at it - and put us out of our collective misery. I'm crossing my fingers for a game announcement on Get TV whilst being aware that it if they're anything like Smash used to be, they are massive trolls and the 'news' is nothing too special, haha.

Too late. Gun jumped. Hopes sky high. Hype train at full speed, woo woo! xD

Nah, but this fandom could use something positive right now to head us into the dark days of winter. Whether they're giving us Z or something else I wish they'd just announce it - or even hint at it - and put us out of our collective misery. I'm crossing my fingers for a game announcement on Get TV whilst being aware that it if they're anything like Smash used to be, they are massive trolls and the 'news' is nothing too special, haha.

Considering that they consider this to be "footage" for ORAS, I wouldn't get my hopes up too much.

[video=youtube;00DyEDmQ83s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00DyEDmQ83s[/video]

Last edited:
Okay so I noticed after rewatching the XYZ trailer that Greninja is mimicking all of Ash's movements before he transforms Ash and Greninja Synchronized. - Imgur .
Then I saw Shofu post this http://i.imgur.com/ZjSIzGO.png on Twitter, so I'm thinking that this Ash Greninja thing must be somehow related to Pokémon Amie or is maybe some sort of extension.
I recall Masuda saying that originally that we were going to be able to talk to our Pokémon but it was cut out to save time so I'm guessing this might tie into all of that.

Okay so I noticed after rewatching the XYZ trailer that Greninja is mimicking all of Ash's movements before he transforms Ash and Greninja Synchronized. - Imgur .
Then I saw Shofu post this http://i.imgur.com/ZjSIzGO.png on Twitter, so I'm thinking that this Ash Greninja thing must be somehow related to Pokémon Amie or is maybe some sort of extension.
I recall Masuda saying that originally that we were going to be able to talk to our Pokémon but it was cut out to save time so I'm guessing this might tie into all of that.

I find that second image a stretch, especially when people say that Eternal Floette and Ash Greninja are also similar because they're blue...even though that's Greninja's base color.

What we've been told about Ash Greninja is that it mimics Ash's appearance--the red on Greninja's face is because Ash's hat is red, yet people are linking it to Eternal Floette's flower. Eternal Floette and AZ also do not have any visual similarities to each other, though it may have been that AZ looked different 3000 years ago....but regardless, the link to the flower is only because of color similarities when its outright stated that Greninja's face is red because it takes on Ash's appearance (i.e., his red hat).

I find that second image a stretch, especially when people say that Eternal Floette and Ash Greninja are also similar because they're blue...even though that's Greninja's base color.

What we've been told about Ash Greninja is that it mimics Ash's appearance--the red on Greninja's face is because Ash's hat is red, yet people are linking it to Eternal Floette's flower. Eternal Floette and AZ also do not have any visual similarities to each other, though it may have been that AZ looked different 3000 years ago....but regardless, the link to the flower is only because of color similarities when its outright stated that Greninja's face is red because it takes on Ash's appearance (i.e., his red hat).
Maybe it resembled him when he was younger perhaps? All and all I'm guessing this is something completely new that might be exclusive to fully evolved Pokémon which might explain why Pikachu isn't the one getting this new form and the reason we haven't seen the Chesnaught and Delphox counterparts is because no one in the main cast owns one yet. So the next Corocoro should further explain what all this means and more.

Maybe it resembled him when he was younger perhaps?
I already addressed that as a possibility, but it doesn't change the fact that the comparison between Greninja's face and Floette's flower would still be flawed, since people are saying its color scheme is similar because its the same mechanic....when their color scheme would have just been similar by coincidence based on what their trainers looked like.

All and all I'm guessing this is something completely new that might be exclusive to fully evolved Pokémon which might explain why Pikachu isn't the one getting this new form and the reason we haven't seen the Chesnaught and Delphox counterparts is because no one in the main cast owns one yet. So the next Corocoro should further explain what all this means and more.
That makes even less sense to bring up Floette then, because it isn't a fully evolved Pokemon.

I already addressed that as a possibility, but it doesn't change the fact that the comparison between Greninja's face and Floette's flower would still be flawed, since people are saying its color scheme is similar because its the same mechanic....when their color scheme would have just been similar by coincidence based on what their trainers looked like.

All and all I'm guessing this is something completely new that might be exclusive to fully evolved Pokémon which might explain why Pikachu isn't the one getting this new form and the reason we haven't seen the Chesnaught and Delphox counterparts is because no one in the main cast owns one yet. So the next Corocoro should further explain what all this means and more.
That makes even less sense to bring up Floette then, because it isn't a fully evolved Pokemon.
My latter post wasn't related to my first one. That aside I guess these are just new forms the Kalos starters are getting in the next game or maybe there's a new friendship mechanic being introduced that ties into some new form of evolution.
Wait do we actually know why Az's Floette looks different? Maybe Greninja is going through the same thing that happened to it all those years ago. Sorry for spit balling btw I'm just really curious about this scenario.

Wait do we actually know why Az's Floette looks different? Maybe Greninja is going through the same thing that happened to it all those years ago. Sorry for spit balling btw I'm just really curious about this scenario.
Floette doesn't really look all that different. it's a slight variation on its shiny coloration (red "hair ties" instead of yellow) and a inaccessible flower option. we don't really have an understanding of how this mechanic works, so for all we know it could just take on "motifs" from its trainers.

Floette doesn't really look all that different. it's a slight variation on its shiny coloration (red "hair ties" instead of yellow) and a inaccessible flower option. we don't really have an understanding of how this mechanic works, so for all we know it could just take on "motifs" from its trainers.
To be fair the only difference Greninja has is that red mark in between its eyes and that water shuriken on its back. I'm curious as to why they chose Greninja and not Pikachu for this though unless GF told them to showcase Greninja?

To be fair the only difference Greninja has is that red mark in between its eyes and that water shuriken on its back. I'm curious as to why they chose Greninja and not Pikachu for this though unless GF told them to showcase Greninja?
the coloration of Ashninja is different (somewhat) and it does have a visual change: it has growths (?) on the side of its head that resemble Ash's hair. shurikens aren't really a difference given that it can already make those without it (re: Water Shuriken). compared to Floette at least, Ashninja is pretty different. they chose Greninja so it can stay in Kalos. if they did Pikachu, it would have to be used just about every series/season.

the coloration of Ashninja is different (somewhat) and it does have a visual change: it has growths (?) on the side of its head that resemble Ash's hair. shurikens aren't really a difference given that it can already make those without it (re: Water Shuriken). compared to Floette at least, Ashninja is pretty different. they chose Greninja so it can stay in Kalos. if they did Pikachu, it would have to be used just about every series/season.
I'm really curious how all this translates Gamewise also I wonder what this process is called?

So when is this new show launching with this "news"

Is it tomorrow, or the week after?

Eternal Flower Floette doesn't resemble AZ at all, but it does resemble the Ultimate Weapon. I'm not sure it has anything to do with Ash's Greninja though.

What do you think it might be? Because I don't think GF cares about the anime too much.
an anime only thing....? like it's not rocket science. there has been no definitive tie to the game right now. the announcement for was through the official Pokemon site (slash CoroCoro?), not any sort of GameFreak-only method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom