• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion is all the EVIDENCE is pointing towards a Pokemon Z... except 3 bits of info that make me not be 100% sure of the former...

- The Pokemon Go conference, pointing towards a 2016 gen 7 release

- The fact that last Generation, Gen 5, broke the rule of 3 releases per generation, and only had 2 releases (BW and BW2), for the first time since Gen 2. So maybe they could go with only XY and ORAS for this generation.

- The info page making it clear the news are ONLY anime related, which is strange.

All the evidence for Pokemon Z, could just be evidence for the Anime X,Y and Z, with Pokemon XY only recieving Zygarde and Greninja´s additions as events but it would be strange.
Also, Masuda CONSTANTY repeating how he wants to surprise us, could lead to a sudden jump to gen 7. It definitely would surprise fans, as it doesn´t make sense.

However, I think a Kalos continuation game is still 90% sure.

If the timeline is to mean anything besides telling us 2016 is the 20th anniversary, Generation 7 in 2016 isn't the only option. :x

I mean... All the games on there did introduce new species.

Also, Masuda CONSTANTY repeating how he wants to surprise us, could lead to a sudden jump to gen 7. It definitely would surprise fans, as it doesn´t make sense.

Generation 7 isn't the only "surprise" they can go with.

If the timeline is to mean anything besides telling us 2016 is the 20th anniversary, Generation 7 in 2016 isn't the only option. :x

It might not be that surprise, true.

On the one hand I would prefer a third version game, because they have better post game, but I think Kalos is so bland that Im not sure I want an other game set there! But it might just be me.

Honestly, I would definitely prefer if the next game had the completeness of a third game, but also a game not set in Kalos preferebly. However I doubt that's the game they are preparing. I'm not a big Kanto fan but I would even prefer that to an other Kalos game... Kalos is very very bland and the worst part about it is that it is bland because it is based off of a bland country like France. Beautiful but boring and not very exciting. So I don't think they can do anything to improve it region wise. It is bland not because they made it wrong, but because they are doing it correctly...

That is only a personal opinion though...

Last edited:
It's something big they're just keeping it under wraps, if it were a minor thing they wouldn't keep talking about it and it would've been in Corocoro like I said heretofore.
and it can be big without it having to be a game feature.

to shut down another argument that you and others are making: just because Masuda is talking about it doesn't mean it's huge. i've only seen two tweets related to the announcements that were made around the 15th and they're just retweets of announcement material. even more importantly, Greninja (both in English and in Japanese) does not even appear on his twitter feed. and you know what else he's retweeted? announcement material for Pokken Tournament (which GameFreak, aside from Pokemon, is not associated with). he's also done promoting for the anime movies which are, for the most part, irrelevant. so unless there are some interviews that i flat-out missed, there's no sort of "importance correlation" with Masuda tweeting or promoting it. after all, he did promote the GameStop Dragonite that was given out earlier this year and given that he didn't actually have his Twitter in 2009-10 when the special Pichus were around, i guess we'll never know.

ultimately i don't necessarily disagree with what it could be, i just think your reasoning and arguments are flawed.

You're on the nose about Masuda being the Pokémon promotion man, however he rarely advertises Corocoro unless it's of great importance and as such I'm taking everything that issue had as a preview of what's to come in the future of the franchise.
As for my arguments being shut down and flawed? To that I say hardly, because until Masuda, Ishihara, or Nintendo themselves denounce mine (or anyone else's) theories we're neither right or wrong because this is all speculation (thereupon the point of this thread to begin with) So ultimately everybody's hypothesizes are fair game until stated otherwise by the officials.

As I stated before it creates more merchandise for them to make money off so their just milking it for what it's worth now.
As for the latter, all signs point to Ash getting Mega Zard Y so he wouldn't need a Ash Greninja let alone I doubt the form would've been showcased in Corocoro.
and so Ashninja doesn't have to be a new game feature then (based off of what we know).

not even going to bother with the Mega Charizard Y bit since i don't think there's anything let alone "all signs" that points to Ash getting Mega Charizard Y or even Mega Evolution itself.....but that's a different beast that i have absolutely no interest in tackling (with you, at least).
It's something big they're just keeping it under wraps, if it were a minor thing they wouldn't keep talking about it and it would've been in Corocoro like I said heretofore.
As for your concluding post about Ash and his potential Zard Y (which was a tad curt I must say) it just appears that the anime is going to be doing a epic Zard X VS Zard Y battle in the near future.
With Alain finding a random mega stone in Act 1.
These two figures 【楽天市場】予約【ポケットモンスター(ポケモン)】モンコレ SP_38 メガリザードンY ドラゴンテール『15年11月予定』 タカラトミー:渋谷模型 HOBBY SHOP @TOYS 【楽天市場】予約【ポケットモンスター(ポケモン)】モンコレ SP_37 メガリザードンX ドラゴンクロー『15年11月予定』 タカラトミー:渋谷模型 HOBBY SHOP @TOYS being teased and all this random Charizard Y promotion going on, one would think that would be the finale to this whole thing.
That balderdash aside though, I guess we'll have to wait until October 15th for more news on everything.

It looks like Ash would get Mega Sceptile before Mega Charizard Y with the new poster and ORAS promotion.
Has anyone though that Amiibo would be in the new game/s? It's making its way into all the other games.
Amiibos being in the new game would be cool and a cool way to start the Pokémon craze again and as for M.Sceptile it might be Sayer's since it seems to lack the twig.

On the one hand I would prefer a third version game, because they have better post game, but I think Kalos is so bland that Im not sure I want an other game set there! But it might just be me.

Honestly, I would definitely prefer if the next game had the completeness of a third game, but also a game not set in Kalos preferebly. However I doubt that's the game they are preparing. I'm not a big Kanto fan but I would even prefer that to an other Kalos game... Kalos is very very bland and the worst part about it is that it is bland because it is based off of a bland country like France. Beautiful but boring and not very exciting. So I don't think they can do anything to improve it region wise. It is bland not because they made it wrong, but because they are doing it correctly...

The only thing that was bland in this gen was the hoenn region. Kalos was better and had a lot of things to do. A third version is likely because Zygarde is getting attention for anime, movie and has gotten new forms. Gen 7 isn't going to happen while Zygarde still needs more background in a new game. 2017 or 2018 would be gen 7. This is my opinion.

The only thing that was bland in this gen was the hoenn region. Kalos was better and had a lot of things to do. A third version is likely because Zygarde is getting attention for anime, movie and has gotten new forms. Gen 7 isn't going to happen while Zygarde still needs more background in a new game. 2017 or 2018 would be gen 7. This is my opinion.

As always, I completely disagree about Hoenn and Kalos. I know you dislike everything about Hoenn and ORAS, but... Kalos is a freaking circle, and the colours are completely bland too.

But I stillrespect your opinion.

I'm sorry I must have played a different XY because they didn't have hardly anything to do besides the main story. ORAS was not any better but to say Kalos had tons of things to do is kind of stretching the truth. However I do feel (hope) that XY were so barren so they could include everything else for Z XZ YZ or whatever, maybe including rhyhorn racing, some new amie functions, and hopefully some major post game additions.

My main motivation in a Pokemon game is the post game content, mainly the battle Facilities. So, even if Pokemon Z is set in Kalos, which I find boring and small, I would still like the game, IF, it gives me all the post game content B2W2 had. I would definitely forgive the region´s blandness if it gives me what I want (and what we deserve) post game wise...

That said, I would still love it if next games were set in a new region, or were a re- visit to Kanto for the 20 anniversary. Not that I am a Kanto fan, but that would still be more exciting than an other Kalos game. A bigger Kanto with bigger Sevii´s (or the ENTIRE Orange League) for the post game would be nice.

However, I know that a new Kalos game is the most logical thing. And as I already stated, I am ok with an other Kalos game, if it has B2W2 style postgame.

Last edited:
You're on the nose about Masuda being the Pokémon promotion man, however he rarely advertises Corocoro unless it's of great importance and as such I'm taking everything that issue had as a preview of what's to come in the future of the franchise.
even if Ashninja hadn't been shown or had been given a reduced profile Masuda was likely to share it and for all we know, Masuda was just saying "hey look! new anime season!" because, if you notice, he didn't actually retweet anything related solely to either Zygarde or Ashninja, just the anime as a whole. the appearance of it on Masuda's twitter means it is, at the very least not unimportant, but that still doesn't mean it is important.

the anime isn't really indicative of what's to come. it's important to note that the relationship is games -> anime and not anime -> games. i tried to tell you that there is plenty more in the anime that isn't in the games (from characters to locations to features to even location designs), but you ignored that. the existence of a thing in the anime doesn't not confirm its existence in the games.

As for my arguments being shut down and flawed? To that I say hardly, because until Masuda, Ishihara, or Nintendo themselves denounce mine (or anyone else's) theories we're neither right or wrong because this is all speculation (thereupon the point of this thread to begin with) So ultimately everybody's hypothesizes are fair game until stated otherwise by the officials.
it is flawed reasoning to assume that you are right (or at least not wrong) because you haven't been proven otherwise. and as i've said several times, it's not that your's or anyone else's hypotheses that are wrong, it is your reasoning.

Last edited:
My main motivation in a Pokemon game is the post game content, mainly the battle Facilities. So, even if Pokemon Z is set in Kalos, which I find boring and small, I would still like the game, IF, it gives me all the post game content B2W2 had. I would definitely forgive the region´s blandness if it gives me what I want (and what we deserve) post game wise...

That said, I would still love it if next games were set in a new region, or were a re- visit to Kanto for the 20 anniversary. Not that I am a Kanto fan, but that would still be more exciting than an other Kalos game. A bigger Kanto with bigger Sevii´s (or the ENTIRE Orange League) for the post game would be nice.

However, I know that a new Kalos game is the most logical thing. And as I already stated, I am ok with an other Kalos game, if it has B2W2 style postgame.

I rather take Kalos over Kanto personally. Kanto had already appeared about 3 or 4 times and any more would be over doing it. XY covered pretty much Kanto anyway. I don't see how Kalos is boring and small. Kalos looks pretty big from where I see and there are stuff to do during and after the story. ORAS weren't bad but lack a lot of good stuff that should have been included. Kalos had restaurants, Battle thing in route 7, Battle Maison, rematch with Mimi, gym leader rematches in route 7 battle thing, hunting Kanto legendary pokemon, getting Zygarde, Kiloude City which has rematch with a friend, friend safari, Battle thing in Lumiose City and others that I forgot at moment.

XY had stuff to do but people have taken it for granted. The next kalos game would expand on those things and add new stuff as well. I stand by my opinion on ORAS and on my opinion on XY games.

even if Ashninja hadn't been shown or had been given a reduced profile Masuda was likely to share it and for all we know, Masuda was just saying "hey look! new anime season!" because, if you notice, he didn't actually retweet anything related solely to either Zygarde or Ashninja, just the anime as a whole. the appearance of it on Masuda's twitter means it is, at the very least not unimportant, but that still doesn't mean it is important.

the anime isn't really indicative of what's to come. it's important to note that the relationship is games -> anime and not anime -> games. i tried to tell you that there is plenty more in the anime that isn't in the games (from characters to locations to features to even location designs), but you ignored that. the existence of a thing in the anime doesn't not confirm its existence in the games.

it is flawed reasoning to assume that you are right (or at least not wrong) because you haven't been proven otherwise. and as i've said several times, it's not that your's or anyone else's hypotheses that are wrong, it is your reasoning.
Corocoro never talks the anime unless it ties into a future product if were just anime stuff it'd likely only be in the fan magazine and likewise I've already explained that the anime is just promotion for the games\brand.
They're promoting Greninja by giving him a new form same goes for Zygarde so yes the anime doesn't always follow the games logic but its role will always be to advocate them even if it's different (look at how they handled Cosplay Pikachu).
I don't think I'm right about any of my assumptions ( don't know where I said that tbh) but it's not wrong to try and connect dots and follow them to the end( That's the fun of speculation after all).
We all have our own little hunches about what's coming next and additionally we have different credos to go along with our opinions but like I said they too are harmless and aloof until we get word from Nintendo.
If you believe that Ash Greninja is just some anime thing then fine so be it, but I respectfully disagree and that's fine.

Corocoro never talks the anime unless it ties into a future product if were just anime stuff it'd likely only be in the fan magazine and likewise I've already explained that the anime is just promotion for the games\brand.
They're promoting Greninja by giving him a new form same goes for Zygarde so yes the anime doesn't always follow the games logic but its role will always be to advocate them even if it's different (look at how they handled Cosplay Pikachu).
I don't think I'm right about any of my assumptions ( don't know where I said that tbh) but it's not wrong to try and connect dots and follow them to the end( That's the fun of speculation after all).
We all have our own little hunches about what's coming next and additionally we have different credos to go along with our opinions but like I said they too are harmless and aloof until we get word from Nintendo.
If you believe that Ash Greninja is just some anime thing then fine so be it, but I respectfully disagree and that's fine.

If they rename the anime series XY&Z, it obviously means that Z is coming. W/W2 and B/B2 did only have two sets of games, but the second set were sequels to the first. Kalos, without Z or whatever, would be the first without a sequel. Every bit of evidence points to Pokémon Z. Zygarde, which will be a major part of the anime, including the next movie, is pointing to an obvious Kalos sequel. They won't start Gen 7 with remakes or a new region if every aspect of every other pokemon related thing is still promoting Kalos. I'm sorry, but a Kalos addition is the only logical way they can do this, as most others have said before with lots of other evidence.

If they rename the anime series XY&Z, it obviously means that Z is coming. W/W2 and B/B2 did only have two sets of games, but the second set were sequels to the first. Kalos, without Z or whatever, would be the first without a sequel. Every bit of evidence points to Pokémon Z. Zygarde, which will be a major part of the anime, including the next movie, is pointing to an obvious Kalos sequel. They won't start Gen 7 with remakes or a new region if every aspect of every other pokemon related thing is still promoting Kalos. I'm sorry, but a Kalos addition is the only logical way they can do this, as most others have said before with lots of other evidence.
I believe that as well. Everything seems to point to that happening and I'm all for because I like Kalos.

Like Pokemon Diamond Pearl Remakes (To make up for 5th gen)
But its Probably Kalos, which I have no problem with ether.

I know I don't want a new Generation game coming next, cause the new gen debut pairs are always content lacking... So I either want an Anniversary main series game, or plain normal Z.

Last edited:
I know I don't want a new Generation game coming next, cause the new gen debut pairs are always content lacking... So I either want an Anniversary main series game, or plain normal Z.

DP and BW were pretty meaty in terms of content. That aside, I would really like a third version where I could get both box legends again. Even though BW2 were great and Gray wouldn't have been as good, I still would've liked to catch Reshiram and Zekrom in a single game. That is the only problem I had with BW2 and it's very minor.

Going off topic here, but does anyone know of an active thread on this site which discusses gen 7 hopes/speculation? If there is one, could someone post the link please? If not, I'll probably make a thread like that myself.

DP and BW were pretty meaty in terms of content. That aside, I would really like a third version where I could get both box legends again. Even though BW2 were great and Gray wouldn't have been as good, I still would've liked to catch Reshiram and Zekrom in a single game. That is the only problem I had with BW2 and it's very minor.

Going off topic here, but does anyone know of an active thread on this site which discusses gen 7 hopes/speculation? If there is one, could someone post the link please? If not, I'll probably make a thread like that myself.

When I say big amount of postgame content, I mainly mean big and diverse Battle Facilities like the Battle Frontier or PWT + White Treehollow, etc. And gym leader rematches. BW and DP had nothing similar...

Personally, I don't mind not catching both mascots. I only care about the mascots I like, and usually, i like one more than the other: Ho oh, Groudon, Dialga, Zekrom and Xerneas.

Last edited:

When I say big amount of postgame content, I mainly mean big and diverse Battle Facilities like the Battle Frontier or PWT + White Treehollow, etc. And gym leader rematches. BW and DP had nothing similar...

Personally, I don't mind not catching both mascots. I only care about the mascots I like, and usually, i like one more than the other: Ho oh, Groudon, Dialga, Zekrom and Xerneas.

Oh, gotcha. They really do lack in that department, I guess. And since we're talking preferred mascots, mine are Lugia, Groudon, Dialga, Zekrom and Yveltal. I used to prefer Xerneas, but Amie changed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom