• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should we expect some sort of additions for ORAS before Z is released?

A Battle Frontier app (I highly doubt it), some Hoopa or Volcanion downloadable sidequest? Something with the rings?

Could the Pokemon Go! thing have some relation with ORAS? Or will it be saved for Z?

In short, can we expect some sort of DLC or Patch for ORAS? And will Game Freak hurry up with Z´s release, or release something for ORAS to buy them more time for Z?

I am asking all of this in relation to what Masuda said about the surprise factor.

^ Wasn't there talks of "no DLC" due to "not wanting to extort money from children" or "coding" or some such?

A Battle Frontier app (I highly doubt it), some Hoopa or Volcanion downloadable sidequest? Something with the rings?

Could the Pokemon Go! thing have some relation with ORAS? Or will it be saved for Z?

In short, can we expect some sort of DLC or Patch for ORAS? And will Game Freak hurry up with Z´s release, or release something for ORAS to buy them more time for Z?

I am asking all of this in relation to what Masuda said about the surprise factor.

1. I don't think any addition would happen for ORAS and none would make it for its disappointing story and post game.

2. Game Freak made it pretty clear that the BF isn't coming back because players don't have time for it apparently. I doubt there is any side quest for ORAS.

3. Pokemon Go should not interact with main series games. It is stupid and pointless thing that should never have been made.

4. No to DLC or Patch for ORAS because it is an awful idea. I doubt Game Freak would release something for ORAS apart from Hoopa on wifi/serial code.

Last edited:
other than bug fixes, both ORAS and XY are incompatible with DLC since they do not check (at least visibly, i suppose) for the SD card.

1. I don't think any addition would happen for ORAS and none would make it for its disappointing story and post game.

2. Game Freak made it pretty clear that the BF isn't coming back because players don't have time for it apparently. I doubt there is any side quest for ORAS.

3. Pokemon Go should not interact with main series games. It is stupid and pointless thing that should never have been made.

4. No to DLC or Patch for ORAS because it is an awful idea. I doubt Game Freak would release something for ORAS apart from Hoopa on wifi/serial code.

WOOOOOW........For whatever reason u really hate the idea of Pokemon GO........I have no idea y, but I suppose I'm not the one who should judge anybody else on their likes and dislikes. I hate to break it to you though, but they've already confirmed that Pokemon GO will in some way be able to connect to the main series games. I highly doubt it'll b something that u HALF to use and will b more likely a peripheral thing just to give us something extra to play with. I could c it being like Dream Radar where u transfer caught Pokemon to the main games. Also I think GO is a really cool concept if it works the way they say it does. Idk where all the hate comes from for a game that isn't even out yet or hasn't been described in complete detail yet.

WOOOOOW........For whatever reason u really hate the idea of Pokemon GO........I have no idea y, but I suppose I'm not the one who should judge anybody else on their likes and dislikes. I hate to break it to you though, but they've already confirmed that Pokemon GO will in some way be able to connect to the main series games. I highly doubt it'll b something that u HALF to use and will b more likely a peripheral thing just to give us something extra to play with. I could c it being like Dream Radar where u transfer caught Pokemon to the main games. Also I think GO is a really cool concept if it works the way they say it does. Idk where all the hate comes from for a game that isn't even out yet or hasn't been described in complete detail yet.

I like the idea of Pokemon Go in practise, but think they've announced it at the wrong time. People are getting hyped for the main series game, so for me personally, and a few others, Pokemon Go was just a needless distraction, kind of annoying. If they had announced Z, and then announced Pokemon Go and how it would link in with Z, I'd be all aboard the hype train for it.

Instead I'm thinking of it at the moment as something that is in the way, and I will come back to, and maybe look at after Z

It's like going to a steak restaurant and being told to eat your ice cream dessert before you can eat your steak.
Or as my nan would say, putting the cart before the horse.

I for one love the idea of Pokémon Go. Its about as close as we're ever going to get to the idea of real pokemon in this world. I don't like the idea of micro-transcations, but they are running a business.

His hate for Pokemon Go is nothing compared to his hate for ORAS. LOL

That said, Pokemon Go in not the thing for me. The main reason I dislike it though, is the fact it is for SMARTPHONES. I dislike how they are giving attention to the lazy casuals who care for mobiles and can´t be bothered to buy a Nintendo Handheld. If Pokemon Go was a free game for the E-SHOP,I would like it a lot more. (PD However, I have a smartphone, and I might end up getting it LOL).

Last edited:
Pokemon Go seems to be aimed at that casual young cellphone gameing crowd that people keep making fun of.

That being said I wonder if Go will be the only game we get in 2016? I don't see why they wanted to announce Go first if we get it in the same year as Z.

Pokemon Go seems to be aimed at that casual young cellphone gameing crowd that people keep making fun of.

That being said I wonder if Go will be the only game we get in 2016? I don't see why they wanted to announce Go first if we get it in the same year as Z.

I don´t know. Usually, if ORAS took them one year, Z could potentially take them less than that, if it is a third version, and a bit more than a year if it is a sequel with a new plot.

Last edited:

I don´t know. Usually, if ORAS took them one year, Z could potentially take them less than that, if it is a third version, and a bit more than a year if it is a sequel with a new plot.
True but if that was the case it makes more sense for them to realease Z for the holiday season this year. And that would give us like a month of hype. I think we all know that the pokemon hype train is what makes sales.

If it comes out next year then it conflicts in some way with Go. Whether it comes out before Go and people are to busy playing Z to notice Go. Or Go comes out first and districts from Z. Either way it doesn't make any sense.

Seriously???

We've already gone through all 2015 with no main series game, do you honestly think we won't have a new main series game in 2016 either? As far as I know, there has never been a gap that big. It means the release would be 3 years after ORAS.

Seriously???

We've already gone through all 2015 with no main series game, do you honestly think we won't have a new main series game in 2016 either? As far as I know, there has never been a gap that big. It means the release would be 3 years after ORAS.
I mean it's just a thought. I would like there to be a new main pokemon game as well. But with Pokemon Go in the mix I wonder how they will handle the advertising. And like I said the two games could interfer with each others sales. And it's almost to late for a holiday 2015 push. That would be unprecedented in terms of a late announcement.

If it comes out next year then it conflicts in some way with Go. Whether it comes out before Go and people are to busy playing Z to notice Go. Or Go comes out first and districts from Z. Either way it doesn't make any sense.
i don't know why you're making people seem so one track minded. in this day and age of easy access news and media via Facebook, Twitter, and other social media, it's not like Pokemon Go would usurp the attention from Z (and vice-versa), especially since there would be people who really don't give a flying Rattata about Go.

OR/AS started by the 10th anniversaty in Japan (21th November 2012). The actual game development started shortly after the X/Y announcement. That are about 1 1/2 year. About the same like HG/SS.
For comparison, FR/LG only took about 4 months of development with the whole project being 6 months long.

The development for third version usually start about a half year aftere the first games with them taking about a less than a year of development and the games being releases within 2 years. Morimoto usually is the Director of those games. In fact if the next games are really Kalos games, then it's will be the third version/sequels, that came out the latest in the generation.

OR/AS started by the 10th anniversaty in Japan (21th November 2012). The actual game development started shortly after the X/Y announcement. That are about 1 1/2 year. About the same like HG/SS.
For comparison, FR/LG only took about 4 months of development with the whole project being 6 months long.

The development for third version usually start about a half year aftere the first games with them taking about a less than a year of development and the games being releases within 2 years. Morimoto usually is the Director of those games. In fact if the next games are really Kalos games, then it's will be the third version/sequels, that came out the latest in the generation.

Actually, the director of ORAS, Shigeru Ohmori, said in an interview that the ORAS project took them "around a year" of production time and around 100 people worked on it.

Which means ORAS were most likely developed by the full Game Freak member team, as opposed to past remakes/third games, which are only developed by half of GF, as the other half is already developing the next generation pair of games.

For example, XY and B2W2, both started developement shortly after BW were released. So, while "Team A" were making XY under the lead of Masuda, "Team B" were making B2W2 under the lead of Unno, the director of B2W2. Then, when B2W2 were finished (they took around a year to be made) "Team B" joined "Team A" to complete XY, which took a bit more than 2 years to be produced. But probably, only the second year of developement XY counted with the full staff.

An other important factor is that for the developement of XY, GF amplified their staff a lot. From 50 to 60 members for B/W, to 81 for X/Y (and ORAS).

So,basically, ORAS were the first remakes or 3rd versions versions to have involved so many people, which explains why they were completed faster than previous games.

Platinum took less than ayear, HG/SS took a year and a half, B2/W2 took a year and a few months, but all of those were produced by more or less half of GF´s members, while ORAS were made by the complete GF member staff, and that´s an already expanded staff, since they expanded it before XY.

But all this doesn´t explain why Z hasn´t been released yet, cause they could have if they wanted to.

I suppose it´s because they want to advertise all the SPIN OFFS first. Maybe Nintendo wants those side games (Pokken, PMSD, Go) get enough attention before announcing/releasing Z, as Z would outshine them easily.

An other reason I can think of, is maybe "Team A" has already started planning/producing next Generation (Gen 7), and only "Team B" is producing Z, which would mean more time needed, as less people would be developing it.

Last edited:

Seriously???

I mean it's just a thought. I would like there to be a new main pokemon game as well. But with Pokemon Go in the mix I wonder how they will handle the advertising. And like I said the two games could interfer with each others sales. And it's almost to late for a holiday 2015 push. That would be unprecedented in terms of a late announcement.

There's no chance of a 2015 release. It's simply impossible. Not only would it be a ridiculously short pre-release period, Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon would be released at the same exact window, and they would never do that.

Honestly, any ideas of a main series release before late February at the absolute earliest are ridiculous.

I thought it was obvious that Pokemon Go's release will be very close to the new main series game. I expect them to release within a month or so of each other. It's meant to be a companion game. They already confirmed it can interact in some way with the main series game(s). Chances are, we will get Z (X2Y2, whatever etc.) around spring-summer, and Pokemon Go within a couple weeks, or maybe a month or so, of the Z release (few weeks in either direction).

i don't know why you're making people seem so one track minded. in this day and age of easy access news and media via Facebook, Twitter, and other social media, it's not like Pokemon Go would usurp the attention from Z (and vice-versa), especially since there would be people who really don't give a flying Rattata about Go.

Hell, seriously, Z and Go would promote each other.

Go can interact with the next game(s). So, if you have Go, not only will it likely tell you about transfers and such to your Z, but because of that, people will be like "cool, I'll get that game". On the flip side, if you have Z, you'll know you could add to your game and experience by getting Go. Win-win. They'll probably be released, on purpose, within days or weeks of each other. I see Go coming first, personally. So it can get off the ground first. Go could update over time to interact with new games, as a side note.

Last edited:
I thought it was obvious that Pokemon Go's release will be very close to the new main series game. I expect them to release within a month or so of each other. It's meant to be a companion game. They already confirmed it can interact in some way with the main series game(s). Chances are, we will get Z (X2Y2, whatever etc.) around spring-summer, and Pokemon Go within a couple weeks, or maybe a month or so, of the Z release (few weeks in either direction).
i can see the releases happening like that. perhaps not so "connected," but fairly close nonetheless.

Seriously???

There's no chance of a 2015 release. It's simply impossible. Not only would it be a ridiculously short pre-release period, Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon would be released at the same exact window, and they would never do that.

Honestly, any ideas of a main series release before late February at the absolute earliest are ridiculous.

To be specific they said they were working on ways for the games to interact. That's not a guarantee that Z and Go will be compatible.

But if they do interact then that would make more sense. We don't really know much about Go so it's hard to say.

I see Go as more of it’s own thing at this point ment to be playable without ever having to touch a main game. Thay can interact but they don't have to. It's made by the same people who made Ingress so they probably are looking to make it more standalone.

But I guess we won't know for sure until we get more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom