• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The main reason I dislike it though, is the fact it is for SMARTPHONES. I dislike how they are giving attention to the lazy casuals who care for mobiles and can´t be bothered to buy a Nintendo Handheld. If Pokemon Go was a free game for the E-SHOP,I would like it a lot more. (PD However, I have a smartphone, and I might end up getting it LOL).

Well of course it's for smartphones. The number of people who own smartphones in the world vastly outnumber those who own a 3DS... it is wise to tap that market. They already have us main game-players in the bag, so there is little need for a further appeal to us.

The main reason I dislike it though, is the fact it is for SMARTPHONES. I dislike how they are giving attention to the lazy casuals who care for mobiles and can´t be bothered to buy a Nintendo Handheld. If Pokemon Go was a free game for the E-SHOP,I would like it a lot more. (PD However, I have a smartphone, and I might end up getting it LOL).

Well of course it's for smartphones. The number of people who own smartphones in the world vastly outnumber those who own a 3DS... it is wise to tap that market. They already have us main game-players in the bag, so there is little need for a further appeal to us.

I know it is a smart decision, but I still don't like it, because I don't think main series should be connected to a mobile app.

Has anyone thought that Ash-Greninja can be linked to customising your Amiibo? Amiibo should be making a debut in the Pokémon world soon, so maybe that's where Ash-Greninja might come in. Amiibo will add an extra section to the game.

I think Go and Z could easily be released in the same year, mostly because Z is not an orthodox core series game. It's completely different, and it will probably appeal to a crowd that would never pick up a 3DS anyways.

If anything, Go will give me a good reason to take my phone with me wherever I go for once. I could use something like that, because I forget the dumb device too often.

Pokémon House Gather? aired today on TV Tokyo, and no new information was revealed. I'm quite certain that the next CoroCoro might reveal something more.

Either way, I feel we're very close to an announcement of a new main series Pokémon game. A lot of us have assumed that it is "Pokémon Z", but knowing Junichi Masuda... he would already know that and know for sure that we'd be expecting it.

So here's what I think it's going to be: Seventh Generation! Why? Because it provides a perfect opportunity to release two games that would provide full backwards compatibility with Sixth Generation games. And as we know from what data miners have uncovered in the ORAS code, there is 6 slots for traded Pokémon to have a pentagon icon in their stats. Two of them belong to XY, two of them belong to ORAS, and these last ones could also belong to the seventh generation games. And let me just say this: The seventh generation games could very easily have everything Kalos in it, including Zygarde and it's new formes being promoted within the game and actually catching it. You start in the new region, but then can travel to Kalos and complete an entirely new quest.

And allow me to explain, these games could also have elements from every generation in the game, to promote the 20th anniversary. You could be able to do a lot more in the games, including the ability to move anywhere around a map, like you could in Lumiose City. And just imagine if the new region was based off England and Wales, it would make more sense to being closer to Kalos.

And imagine it being exclusive on the New 3DS, it would allow for double the amount of RAM, as well as the CPU cores as well. Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is an example of using the full capability of the New 3DS. If seventh generation games were made for it, as well as having full backwards compatibility with sixth generation, it would mean there wouldn't be any need for any boundaries in the games. Just imagine being able to move around the entire region without having to move through gates or any warp point to access a different part of the region. The original R/S/E was an example of that, but it had to sacrifice the amount of textures to allow for that though. And just having it New 3DS enhanced isn't going to improve the frame rate, the amount of RAM or even the amount of cores used. But as for the current technology we have? We've got bigger ROM chip limitations now! The limitations could have already reached the 8GB range. Game Freak can't sacrifice anything now, they can now achieve what they couldn't do with X/Y during development. That's why it needs to be New 3DS exclusive!

Oh yeah, and what about Professor Patrice? It was mentioned by a leaker to be one of the professors alongside Professor Sycamore during X/Y's development. What if Professor Patrice has been moved over to the seventh generation?

Zygarde could play a major role in the seventh generation games, but having the mega evolutions of the new Fire-type and Grass-type starters as the mascots for the games.

This could fit with the "reverting back to simplicity" part, but without the trimming of moves and abilities (for backwards compatibility).

We've got amiibo now, and Junichi Masuda has stated that he wants to use them, and so has he also stated that he wants to use the New 3DS as well.

And from what is said here, it sounds to me like the development team at Game Freak will never again do worldwide release dates (or releasing games at the same time in every country). We know they launched ORAS on November 21st everywhere else, while Europe got it on November 28th. So something tells me that Game Freak staff don't really like simultaneous worldwide release dates. I don't mean people like Junichi Masuda don't like them, it's more about the much lower ranked developers at Game Freak that we hardly ever hear of that would dislike the simultaneous worldwide release dates. They actually feel that it's more easier to make it into Japanese first, then send it to the localization teams in each country afterwards.

And look at this, 2016 is the 20th anniversary and they already have something really big to announce. If it's anything, it would be a seventh generation that has elements in it that make it feel like a "Pokémon Z" as well as being a new generation at the same time. And what better way to have a pair of games that have the elements of every generation.

Almost everyone knows that Pokémon Diamond Version and Pokémon Pearl Version were released in Japan within the 10th anniversary year on September 28th. And that was the 10th anniversary game. How would they not create a brand new generation on the 20th anniversary, hm?

And also, we know the Pokémon anime will never air episodes on the same day as Japan, and will always air after Japan has aired them. The gap between the Japan broadcast date and the US broadcast date will never go below 40 days (except for a few episodes aired to promote any new games).

Now please prove me wrong on the release dates and broadcast dates, 'cause I really want to see worldwide release dates and worldwide broadcast dates.

So here's what I think it's going to be: Seventh Generation! Why? Because it provides a perfect opportunity to release two games that would provide full backwards compatibility with Sixth Generation games. And as we know from what data miners have uncovered in the ORAS code, there is 6 slots for traded Pokémon to have a pentagon icon in their stats. Two of them belong to XY, two of them belong to ORAS, and these last ones could also belong to the seventh generation games. And let me just say this: The seventh generation games could very easily have everything Kalos in it, including Zygarde and it's new formes being promoted within the game and actually catching it. You start in the new region, but then can travel to Kalos and complete an entirely new quest.

So all of 6th gen plus the first two games of 7th gen would be able to communicate with each other? What sense does that make?

And allow me to explain, these games could also have elements from every generation in the game, to promote the 20th anniversary. You could be able to do a lot more in the games, including the ability to move anywhere around a map, like you could in Lumiose City.

You already could move anywhere outside of Lumiose.

And just imagine if the new region was based off England and Wales, it would make more sense to being closer to Kalos.

I can imagine it being a poorly developed region that detracts from their ability to enhance Kalos and the game as a whole would have even worse pacing than XY.

And imagine it being exclusive on the New 3DS, it would allow for double the amount of RAM, as well as the CPU cores as well. Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is an example of using the full capability of the New 3DS. If seventh generation games were made for it, as well as having full backwards compatibility with sixth generation, it would mean there wouldn't be any need for any boundaries in the games. Just imagine being able to move around the entire region without having to move through gates or any warp point to access a different part of the region. The original R/S/E was an example of that, but it had to sacrifice the amount of textures to allow for that though. And just having it New 3DS enhanced isn't going to improve the frame rate, the amount of RAM or even the amount of cores used. But as for the current technology we have? We've got bigger ROM chip limitations now! The limitations could have already reached the 8GB range. Game Freak can't sacrifice anything now, they can now achieve what they couldn't do with X/Y during development. That's why it needs to be New 3DS exclusive!

Alienating the 40 million people who don't have a New 3DS over some minor graphical upgrades is a pretty foolish business move.

Zygarde could play a major role in the seventh generation games, but having the mega evolutions of the new Fire-type and Grass-type starters as the mascots for the games.

Zygarde would end up overshadowed in the 7th gen games.

We've got amiibo now, and Junichi Masuda has stated that he wants to use them, and so has he also stated that he wants to use the New 3DS as well.

That doesn't mean he will.

And from what is said here, it sounds to me like the development team at Game Freak will never again do worldwide release dates (or releasing games at the same time in every country). We know they launched ORAS on November 21st everywhere else, while Europe got it on November 28th. So something tells me that Game Freak staff don't really like simultaneous worldwide release dates. I don't mean people like Junichi Masuda don't like them, it's more about the much lower ranked developers at Game Freak that we hardly ever hear of that would dislike the simultaneous worldwide release dates. They actually feel that it's more easier to make it into Japanese first, then send it to the localization teams in each country afterwards.

So? Who cares if the lower ranking developers don't like worldwide releases? They don't get to decide that.

And look at this, 2016 is the 20th anniversary and they already have something really big to announce. If it's anything, it would be a seventh generation that has elements in it that make it feel like a "Pokémon Z" as well as being a new generation at the same time. And what better way to have a pair of games that have the elements of every generation.

Almost everyone knows that Pokémon Diamond Version and Pokémon Pearl Version were released in Japan within the 10th anniversary year on September 28th. And that was the 10th anniversary game. How would they not create a brand new generation on the 20th anniversary, hm?

DP wasn't a 10th anniversary game, they didn't really market it as such. It was just business as usual. Similarly, I don't think the next game will be a special 20th anniversary celebration game, it'll just be whatever happens to come next.

And also, we know the Pokémon anime will never air episodes on the same day as Japan, and will always air after Japan has aired them. The gap between the Japan broadcast date and the US broadcast date will never go below 40 days (except for a few episodes aired to promote any new games).

No, we really don't. Why would that be exactly?

Yeah, of course. But what I'm trying to say is... in Lumiose City, you're not restricted to a grid-like movement. While everywhere else in Kalos as well as in every area in Hoenn in OR/AS, every time you move around with a Bicycle or just regularly move around, you're always positioned right in the middle of a square/tile. Which has been something that has been happening since the very beginning. But in games like Animal Crossing and all that, you're able to move around without being positioned right in the centre of a square/tile, same thing for moving around in Lumiose City.

Yeah, of course. But what I'm trying to say is... in Lumiose City, you're not restricted to a grid-like movement. While everywhere else in Kalos as well as in every area in Hoenn in OR/AS, every time you move around with a Bicycle or just regularly move around, you're always positioned right in the middle of a square/tile. Which has been something that has been happening since the very beginning. But in games like Animal Crossing and all that, you're able to move around without being positioned right in the centre of a square/tile, same thing for moving around in Lumiose City.

ORAS is the first Pokemon game ever to have free movements with the analog stick. You had that with the rollerskates in X as well. Thats no square positioning. That only happens with the Direction pad.

Ugh, can an announcement get here already? The only thing more annoying than waiting is the bickering. There is no proof for or against anything, people.

Ugh, can an announcement get here already? The only thing more annoying than waiting is the bickering. There is no proof for or against anything, people.

Amen friend........I'm really getting sick of all the fights over ambiguous or irrelevant "hints" and theories..........People can look at what little info we have and over analyze it all they want, but at this point all the intellegent conversations have gone bye bye with only dumb fights filling in their place....lol

I'm feeling this is going to be the most suspense filled week in a while, I'm calling Saturday

I still think that gen 7 should be 3ds with n3ds enhancements because of what I already said before on this thread

Amen friend........I'm really getting sick of all the fights over ambiguous or irrelevant "hints" and theories..........People can look at what little info we have and over analyze it all they want, but at this point all the intellegent conversations have gone bye bye with only dumb fights filling in their place....lol

Well, it's a speculation thread. So people speculate. We haven't had news in a really long time, so people are doing exactly what we always do - default to over-analysing patterns and ambiguous hints and trying to find meaning in them while we wait. This is Pokemon Fandom 101. Naturally some disagreements occur, but personally I think that's healthy. How boring would it be if we all thought/wanted the same things? If you're tired of it you don't have to visit this thread - just wait until news drops and then come back to discuss it.

I confess I'm really not sure what the marketing strategy/plan is anymore; they really threw me off by announcing GO. I'd like it if we get some news of a main game in this late quarter of the year but am no longer holding my breath on anything because it's all a bit confusing. It'd be nice if they surprise us with a press release & trailer out of the blue, like they did with ORAS.

Well, it's a speculation thread. So people speculate. We haven't had news in a really long time, so people are doing exactly what we always do - default to over-analysing patterns and ambiguous hints and trying to find meaning in them while we wait. This is Pokemon Fandom 101. Naturally some disagreements occur, but personally I think that's healthy. How boring would it be if we all thought/wanted the same things? If you're tired of it you don't have to visit this thread - just wait until news drops and then come back to discuss it.

I confess I'm really not sure what the marketing strategy/plan is anymore; they really threw me off by announcing GO. I'd like it if we get some news of a main game in this late quarter of the year but am no longer holding my breath on anything because it's all a bit confusing. It'd be nice if they surprise us with a press release & trailer out of the blue, like they did with ORAS.

No one needs to agree with everyone else, but there's a difference between intellectual discussion and straight up kindergarten squabbles over the new shiny toy. That's what this is becoming.

For me personally, if they are going to remake older games I would like the see the regions expanded (like how B2W2 added new towns/areas to the existing Unova).

It would honestly be pretty simple, they could just add the orange islands and give it its own small league. The same for Sinnoh, if they remake it then they could just expand the map to give it a new feel.

Either way I just want a new main story game, my 3DS is getting lonely.

Last edited:

No one needs to agree with everyone else, but there's a difference between intellectual discussion and straight up kindergarten squabbles over the new shiny toy. That's what this is becoming.

People are tired of waiting, bored, and still only have the same old information we had months again. Don't expect masterful levels of debate until that changes.

@Dragonite Postal Service I would LOVE the Orange Islands added to Kanto, but honestly I think that ship sailed when they made FRLG and stuck on the Sevii Island instead. To this day I think my irritation and dislike of the Sevii Islands isn't to do with the quality of gameplay they offered, but simply resentment that GF decided to add any kind of island structure beneath Kanto that *wasn't* the Orange Islands! ^^;

People are tired of waiting, bored, and still only have the same old information we had months again. Don't expect masterful levels of debate until that changes.

@Dragonite Postal Service I would LOVE the Orange Islands added to Kanto, but honestly I think that ship sailed when they made FRLG and stuck on the Sevii Island instead. To this day I think my irritation and dislike of the Sevii Islands isn't to do with the quality of gameplay they offered, but simply resentment that GF decided to add any kind of island structure beneath Kanto that *wasn't* the Orange Islands! ^^;

Sevii is to the Southeast of mainland Kanto, we know this from the fact that the ship you take in Cinnabar goes to the right (east), then down (south).

An official anime map made with the Orange Islands shows them extending from Mahogany Town in Johto all the way past the east of Kanto. In fact, the farthest east Orange Island (Ascorbia) seems to be near where One Island would be, maybe just west of One Island.

I'm still gunning for Mega Evo Act 4 to blind side us with 3 new Megas, with agame announcement following its airing. And I reallydont think game announcements could happen in CoroCoro, except to promote Ash Greninja. I meam, we should be getting infoon that at the least, but I really doubtits info is for the game equivalent.

I still think (now this is completely speculative), that they could make a mix of a 20th anniversary r/g remake and the x/y sequel.

So you have like Red Y and Blue X and in Red Y you start in Kalos and go over to Kanto in the end and vice versa.

I know this speculation is a bit out there, but I think it would be cool ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom