• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kanto/Kalos joint sequels are my personal pipe dream to be honest, I've been beating that drum for months now. Wouldbe an amazing way to bring Kanto to the modern age, and it couldoffer some interesting storytelling. Not to mentionit actuallyallowsthe in game universe to be mostly current and up to date, leaving only Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Johto with events before Gen 5.

I still think (now this is completely speculative), that they could make a mix of a 20th anniversary r/g remake and the x/y sequel.

So you have like Red Y and Blue X and in Red Y you start in Kalos and go over to Kanto in the end and vice versa.

I know this speculation is a bit out there, but I think it would be cool ^^
X and Y arleady had PLENTY of kanto stuff (mewtwo being catchable, santalune forest being copy-pasted from viridian forest ect...), and we had this region four generations in a row, so no thank you about visiting kanto again.

Kanto, Kanto, Kanto. Enough about Kanto!

It's great that Game Freak recognizes that it's a huge nostalgia source and a failsafe backup, but I don't wanna revisit a repainted Kanto with each gen.

I still think (now this is completely speculative), that they could make a mix of a 20th anniversary r/g remake and the x/y sequel.

So you have like Red Y and Blue X and in Red Y you start in Kalos and go over to Kanto in the end and vice versa.

I know this speculation is a bit out there, but I think it would be cool ^^

No thanks. One pair of terrible remakes was bad enough. We already got a pair of Kanto remakes: Firered and Leafgreen. Kanto had return in the Johto games as post game and XY games covered a lot of things from Kanto. The first pair of remakes were the best but Game Freak made ORAS poorly with a bad post game story. The only new game I can see that could make up for the the disappointment of ORAS is Pokemon Z which is a logical choice.

Mitchman, you've got to slow down when you type, otherwise everythingendsuplikethis.

Mitchman, you've got to slow down when you type, otherwise everythingendsuplikethis.
I mostly post from my phone, the amount of proofreading required to actually come up with a coherent post is staggering. Sometimes a few spaces get left out, I am truly sorry.

Crackpot Kanto theory:

What if we find Zygarde in a cave in Kanto, like Mewtwo was in Kalos in X/Y?

Srs now, a Kanto based game that isn't the R/G story and is updated and expanded like Unova was in B2/W2 would be pretty awesome.

Crackpot Kanto theory:

Srs now, a Kanto based game that isn't the R/G story and is updated and expanded like Unova was in B2/W2 would be pretty awesome.

We have been though this. The next game would be the return of Kalos and only Kalos. Zygarde in Kanto makes no sense and Kanto already showed up 4 times.

Crackpot Kanto theory:

We have been though this. The next game would be the return of Kalos and only Kalos. Zygarde in Kanto makes no sense and Kanto already showed up 4 times.

Okay first of all this thread is for speculation so please don't start to just attack anybody over their speculation.

Also to me everything before fourth gen isn't really playable anymore, just because I really can't stand the old stuff like the special/physical split.

Also you're stating fr/lg as being the best remakes as a fact. I don't agree, I think they're the worst. To me HG/SS were much better even though I don't even particularly like Gold and Silver or Johto for that matter.

I never said anything about Kalos not being the next game, I said a game that featured an expanded Kanto would be nice to see.
Tbh, the sevii islands are a good enough "expansion" to Kanto imo.

Last edited:
idk why you're being so defensive about it then

I wasn't defensive, just responding to his comments

Interesting. It depends which way you interpret it I guess.

I always saw the Sevii Islands as their own little mini-region, due to them not appearing in Kanto's maps, and Kanto was just the gateway to them. If we ever do revisit Kanto, I'd like to see a return to Sevii.

DE spoiler:
Visiting Birth Island in the Megaverse could potentially be interesting given how Deoxys was riding (speculated to be controlling) the meteor that the player & Mega Rayquaza destroyed in the DE.

I never said anything about Kalos not being the next game, I said a game that featured an expanded Kanto would be nice to see.

27993693.jpg

The Sevii Islands are a good post game area, but Kanto's main game needs tons of improvements. The region design is very short and simplistic thanks to the limitations of the Game Boy and the design has aged poorly. The Kanto Dex is also the most imbalanced regional dex ever and could use new Pokemon to give players more options. The gyms are also highly clustered and could stand to be spread out a bit. There's an unused portion of RL Kanto to the north that would be perfect for new gyms and new Kanto Dex Pokemon. Beyond that, the existing areas could use a significant overhaul with more modern designs.

The Kanto Dex is also the most imbalanced regional dex ever and could use new Pokemon to give players more options.
hardly. given its size, it's really well balanced. it's only really lacking in the new types (Steel, Dark, and Fairy), Ghost, Ice, and Psychic, none of which tend to be prevalent types in any regional dex. the one thing it doesn't do well is its overabundance of Poison-types, but that's not really a crime.

The gyms are also highly clustered and could stand to be spread out a bit.
i mean...it is based off of the Tokyo metro, so that is why it is so cluttered. Kanto would be just fine with a visual update. make too many changes and then you have issues with the whole Kanto-Johto region as a whole, especially in future games. after all, make changes to Kanto and you have to make changes to Johto so it's not engulfed by Kanto as it almost already is.

hardly. given its size, it's really well balanced.

it's only really lacking in the new types (Steel, Dark, and Fairy), Ghost, Ice, and Psychic, none of which tend to be prevalent types in any regional dex. the one thing it doesn't do well is its overabundance of Poison-types, but that's not really a crime.

Psychic is fine, there's enough Psychic there. Ice, Ghost, Dragon, Dark, Steel, and Fairy are the types that really need Pokemon, there's not even enough Pokemon for a full team. No other regional dex is lacking in anywhere near that many types.

i mean...it is based off of the Tokyo metro, so that is why it is so cluttered. Kanto would be just fine with a visual update.

No, it's not just the fact that it's based on a major metropolitan area. It also comes back to the route design and having pathetically short and empty routes like Rt. 5 and Rt. 7. Look at Unova, another region based on a metropolitan area. How often does it take you 5 seconds to cross the entire route?

make too many changes and then you have issues with the whole Kanto-Johto region as a whole, especially in future games. after all, make changes to Kanto and you have to make changes to Johto so it's not engulfed by Kanto as it almost already is.

Better yet, Johto needs to stand on its own two feet instead of being Kanto's conjoined twin.

The Kanto Dex is also the most imbalanced regional dex ever and could use new Pokemon to give players more options.

Yeah the most imbalanced, if this wasn't the first set of pokemon of the series. Yeah still imbalanced, but for the time, DP regional dex is the worst with the same low number of mons and type variaty.

Yeah the most imbalanced, if this wasn't the first set of pokemon of the series. Yeah still imbalanced, but for the time, DP regional dex was the worst with that low number and type variaty.

That's true, but my point is that the game design doesn't really hold up today. They'd never have a dex that imbalanced in a 2015 Pokemon game, why should Kanto be any different? Even more so when you look at it through the casual angle because casuals are going to have a hard time finding Pokemon that aren't shoved in their face. What do you think the smartphone generation is going to do against Sabrina when the dex is lacking in options to defeat Psychic types?

I'd rather have Gen 4 remakes than more Gen 1 remakes, especially since next year is Gen 4's 10th anniversary.

...However, Gen 1 remakes for the franchises' 20th Anniversary sounds just be too good for Gamefreak to pass up. :-(

Last edited:
I have no idea why no one in the community seems to have noticed how the official website all but completely rules out a main series until September:

2016 Pokémon Video Game Championship Series

Pokémon video game players will be able to compete in more events than ever as the series expands to new cities and countries around the world. Championship Series events will use Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.

VGC 2016 wouldn't be based on ORAS if a new game were slated to be released by August. VGC 2012 wasn't based on B2W2 since those games were only released in October outside Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom