• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
(still love how Bulbapedia refuses to acknowledge them as a Trio! )
unlike every other trio (bar perhaps the mythology-less legendary birds), they don't really have a formal relationship. Zygarde's purpose is to protect the ecosystem, which is a bit different from Xerneas representing life and Yveltal representing death. the only real connection to Yveltal and Xerneas that it has is an ability that inverts the other two's ability. i'm sure a more formal relationship will be established in the next game.

I literally can't think of anything lower for CoroCoro to resort to next month, just ignore the game series completely? is CoroCoro becoming an anime magazine? Maybe some Freemium news, or a PSMD giveaway if those are a thing?
i mean, CoroCoro is a manga magazine and it's a pretty hefty one (750 pages). i'm fairly certain more often than not it doesn't really deal with the games/anime all that much. i wonder what it's coverage of Yokai Watch is like.

It's been three months since they first showed off Zygarde. Last month's CoroCoro formally revealed them, but we haven't gotten any details on the actual game yet.
i considered that, but then i also considered it a stretch since while we were fairly positive it was Zygarde, it wasn't confirmed to be Zygarde until September.

Regarding the Mortality Trio as a trio... what Zygarde represents isn't too far off from what Xerneas and Yveltal represent. A huge driving force behind the balance of a healthy ecosystem is life and death itself. I have a feeling that the energy responsible for Mega-Evolution, the Ultimate Weapon, and Infinity Energy are going to have a huge part in it because it all has a common factor: the life energy of Pokemon.

I think the last time we had a period like this was between B/W & B2/W2. (September 2010 - Feb 2012).

Looking at the Kalos in-game map, I think the southern areas of Kalos need more routes/cities than anywhere else. Maybe a city in the mountains beyond Dendemille.

So if the new game is not out by April 2016 it will be the longest wait ever right? That's less than 6 months away and they usually have months worth of promotion in advance. Game Freak really needs to get a move on this is no longer funny. There is teasing which you are pro's at, and then there is this, which borders on torture.

The longest wait ever? Red and Green to Yellow was two years. (1996-1998) Blue version took THREE. (1996-1999) Crystal to Ruby and Sapphire was two years. (2000-2002) Emerald to Diamond and Pearl was two years. (2004-2006) Same with Diamond and Pearl to Platinum (2006-2008) Most recently, Black and White were literally two years before Black 2 and White 2 (2010-2012).

Waiting two years after OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire for XY's follow-up isn't even remotely bad. At least we live in an era where information can be spread like wildfire in two seconds.

Can you imagine living in the 90's and having to wait two full years for Yellow Version without so much as an inkling to the future of the franchise?

i considered that, but then i also considered it a stretch since while we were fairly positive it was Zygarde, it wasn't confirmed to be Zygarde until September.

The confirmation isn't as significant, just having a new Pokemon form that looks related to Zygarde is enough to fuel speculation. The fact remains that they've been hinting at Z for 3 months and haven't gone far with those hints, and they've never taken that long since before DP.

I'm starting think all of this stuff is just a way to boost the ratings of the anime at this point. GF seems to be banking on something big, for both the games and the anime, if we've had to wait this long.

The confirmation isn't as significant
sure it is. elsewise is just some anime-exclusive thing like Fake Groudon or the massive Dragonite from the first season or a movie villain's mecha. even still, three months is hardly any time.

If all this does end up being an anime only thing (Which imo is highly dubious) then the anime staff really did their homework for all of these forms.

sure it is. elsewise is just some anime-exclusive thing like Fake Groudon or the massive Dragonite from the first season or a movie villain's mecha.

Um...what? First of all, they haven't confirmed that the new Zygarde forms are related to a new game at all, so by your logic it's still not significant. Second, neither of those are new forms, they have no kind of difference in design or abilities. Lastly, and most importantly, whether or not it's anime related is irrelevant, if they show off a new Pokemon that doesn't exist in current games then naturally people assume that it will show up in a new game and they start speculating about the possibility of a new game.

even still, three months is hardly any time.

In Pokemon news cycle time it is, it's above average actually. The first hint towards Platinum was in February 2008 when the Movie 11 site updated with Origin Forme Giratina, and then the game itself was confirmed in May. For BW, we got a slew of hints in January surrounding Zorua/Zoroark and eventually got a game announcement in April. For XY, there were a couple of hints towards a new generation at the end of 2012 and then the game was announced in 2013. HGSS, BW2, and ORAS were almost out of nowhere. Now it's looking like we're going 4+ months in between the movie trailer in July and the game announcement, that's not normal.

Last edited:
Okay to just summarizes things about Zygarde.
We know that his 10% form is based on Fenrir a wolf that had its potential held back by the gods so in response the canine bit the hand of the god Tyr in retort and thus took the law into its own hands ( I'm guessing its potential in-game would be its other 90% that would turn it into boss).
Zygarde 50% is based on the Midgard Serpent which was a snake that supposedly kept the world in order.
While Perfect\Complete Zygarde is based on Hel (Loki's daughther) and a goddess that's one half alive and one half dead, she hides in the shadows until something big happens. I wonder if this implies that Xerneas and Yvelltal are also apart of Zygarde's powers so perhaps its going to absorb those two.
Heck, Zygarde might even be molded after Loki himself who in mythology was also known to shape shift into different beings and could also cause earthquakes.
Now with all that said I guess I'll guess their BST which I based on Ta video I saw.
10%-500
HP-78
Attack-90
Defense-76
SPA-51
SPD-70
Speed-135
P. Zygarde-700
HP-128
Attack-170
Defense- 136
SPA-91
SPD-105
Speed- 70
and with an ability that makes the battle a inverse one. I think that would make a pretty interesting Legendary IMO.

If all this does end up being an anime only thing (Which imo is highly dubious) then the anime staff really did their homework for all of these forms.
that was not my point.

NO YOU NEVER MAKE A POINT, you just argue with whoever happens to be online that day.

I don't think anyone seriously believes that these forms are anime only. The only evidence I've seen is people who say that the website didnt mention they were in game, but then, we all know they can't do that without revealing the existance of Z/Whatever you wanna call it.
@Desdar300; and Bolt the cat; are right that this is dragging, we've had 3 months (which is actually a very long time) of a sort of drip drop feed of hints and no actual solid info to get our teeth into. And it's just not on in my opinion. Part of me thinks even when they do reveal the next installment, they will probably just give us a small clip like they did for ORAS, maybe Perfect Zygarde walking across land or something.

that was not my point.

NO YOU NEVER MAKE A POINT, you just argue with whoever happens to be online that day.

I don't think anyone seriously believes that these forms are anime only. The only evidence I've seen is people who say that the website didnt mention they were in game, but then, we all know they can't do that without revealing the existance of Z/Whatever you wanna call it.
@Desdar300; and Bolt the cat; are right that this is dragging, we've had 3 months (which is actually a very long time) of a sort of drip drop feed of hints and no actual solid info to get our teeth into. And it's just not on in my opinion. Part of me thinks even when they do reveal the next installment, they will probably just give us a small clip like they did for ORAS, maybe Perfect Zygarde walking across land or something.
I agree with everything you said and more bud! I'm starting to think that GF is hiding the truth because the answer might be an obvious one ( Especially if the next game truly is Z). If all that is the case then right now they're causing pandemonium to stir up attention and want so that he fandom will go out of its way to buy the game.

Um...what? First of all, they haven't confirmed that the new Zygarde forms are related to a new game at all, so by your logic it's still not significant. Second, neither of those are new forms, they have no kind of difference in design or abilities. Lastly, and most importantly, whether or not it's anime related is irrelevant, if they show off a new Pokemon that doesn't exist in current games then naturally people assume that it will show up in a new game and they start speculating about the possibility of a new game.
again, not my point and because of your incapability of grasping it, you continue to draw the argument/discussion further from my point. you can go reread the posts.

In Pokemon news cycle time it is, it's above average actually
only if you consider the breakneck speed BW through ORAS went at, elsewise Pokemon moves slower than fast.

Just saying that I would tip my hat to the anime staff if they somehow came up with this on their own.
it would certainly be interesting to say the least.

don't you have someone else to go bother? if you're so irritated by me, the ignore list exists for a reason.

that's still not my point. go practice your reading skills and go reread it or something.

Desdar300 and Bolt the cat; are right that this is dragging, we've had 3 months (which is actually a very long time)
only when you consider how fast Gen V and Gen VI revealed information, which most fans considered that pace a double-edged sword. we got information, and lots of it, fast, but then there wasn't anything left to discover in the games.

At the very least the XYZ anime will go out with a bang which will honestly be pretty cool to see! As for everything else you said I must agree for once because GF and TPC have had a really bad habit of showcasing all of the games secrets this generation which is extremely unfortunate. However at this point it's going to be hard for them to surprise anyone because everything has already been guessed from here to oblivion and if we do get Z or sequels the fandom will easily be able to fill out the dots from that point on.

again, not my point and because of your incapability of grasping it, you continue to draw the argument/discussion further from my point. you can go reread the posts.

Well then you need to articulate your point better because it's not clear at all.

only if you consider the breakneck speed BW through ORAS went at, elsewise Pokemon moves slower than fast.

Again, I've been looking as far back as DP, and there's nothing abnormally fast about BW through ORAS compared to 4th gen. Unless you're talking about the yearly release schedule, which has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

Well then you need to articulate your point better because it's not clear at all.
u: it's been months since we've had any new information
me: it's actually only been a month
u: well if u include the teaser at the end of M18, it's been three months
me: tru; i thought about that, but the actual announcements are more important than teasers
u: no they're not
me: yes they are. teasers raise questions, announcements give answers. ignoring the importance of announcements vs. teasers, three months isn't all that much time (esp in terms of Pokemon)
u: *makes post that doesn't address my point*

got it?

Again, I've been looking as far back as DP, and there's nothing abnormally fast about BW through ORAS compared to 4th gen. Unless you're talking about the yearly release schedule, which has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.
VQSm7M3.png

(Wikipedia)

so...starting Platinum in 2008 there has been a game released in Japan yearly with the exclusion of 2011 and likely now 2015. compared to prior to Platinum in which most games took two years to release, and that's not even factoring the significantly larger periods between international releases (re: GSC being released in 1999 in Japan, 2000 in NA, and 2001 in EU). there's nothing abnormally slow about the recent speed. slower than how they've handled things previously, but it's not worryingly slow.

I think the yearly releases in America since Platinum's '09 has everything to do with the pandemonium that's happening right now in this very thread. If I'm not mistaken, the majority of the users that have and do frequent this thread, including me, live in America.

Am I insinuating we're spoiled rotten to the core with these games? You're darn right I am, by golly. Now can we PLEASE stop with the arguing and finger-pointing? It's worse than the waiting, and I'm starting to think that this thread will eventually be shut down until further notice...

u: it's been months since we've had any new information
me: it's actually only been a month
u: well if u include the teaser at the end of M18, it's been three months
me: tru; i thought about that, but the actual announcements are more important than teasers
u: no they're not
me: yes they are. teasers raise questions, announcements give answers. ignoring the importance of announcements vs. teasers, three months isn't all that much time (esp in terms of Pokemon)
u: *makes post that doesn't address my point*

got it?

Questions vs. answers doesn't really matter, what matters is new information. And if you're just confirming something that was already brought up earlier, then you're not giving out as much information as if you give information about something new. Most of the discussion value behind the new Zygarde forms came when it was first hinted at, because that got people thinking about what it is and what future games might have. The only thing CoroCoro added to the discussion value was the new forms they revealed, just confirming that it's a Zygarde doesn't promote discussion, if anything it reduces it because it narrows down the possibilities of what it could be.

VQSm7M3.png

(Wikipedia)

so...starting Platinum in 2008 there has been a game released in Japan yearly with the exclusion of 2011 and likely now 2015. compared to prior to Platinum in which most games took two years to release, and that's not even factoring the significantly larger periods between international releases (re: GSC being released in 1999 in Japan, 2000 in NA, and 2001 in EU). there's nothing abnormally slow about the recent speed. slower than how they've handled things previously, but it's not worryingly slow.

And you think I have a reading comprehension problem.

I just said in my last post that the yearly release schedule has nothing to do with my point. I'm not looking at how far apart one game is from the next game, I'm looking at the news cycle of singular games, when a new game is hinted at, when it's announced, and when it's released. And the average news cycle is usually a game announcement 2 or 3 months after it's first hinted, and the game is released 4-6 months after it's announced. The yearly release schedule is irrelevant because we already have a game hint, if they wanted to wait 2 whole years for the next game that's fine, but they had to have planned the Zygarde reveal around that and so it doesn't make much sense to start teasing the game in July 2015 for a game that's not even coming out in the next year, people will start to lose interest if they're starved of information for too long.

I think the yearly releases in America since Platinum's '09 has everything to do with the pandemonium that's happening right now in this very thread. If I'm not mistaken, the majority of the users that have and do frequent this thread, including me, live in America.

Am I insinuating we're spoiled rotten to the core with these games? You're darn right I am, by golly. Now can we PLEASE stop with the arguing and finger-pointing? It's worse than the waiting, and I'm starting to think that this thread will eventually be shut down until further notice...

Here's what you have to consider though. If we hadn't gotten any information regarding Zygarde's new forms, instead if we got a M19 trailer with regular old 50% Zygarde and CoroCoro didn't tell us anything about the new forms, would there be as much agitation as there is now? I would imagine not. There might be a vocal minority that would obsess over the trailer and say that a new game is coming, but for the most part it would be business as usual and we'd all ignore it by this point. But since they showed us something new, they got the fanbase's attention and now they're expecting a game announcement to follow suit. Hence the agitation from the fanbase every time nothing is shown.

Last edited:
Eh... either we need some new info, or we all need to find something else with which to occupy ourselves in the meantime. Because it looks to me like y'all are starved for news, irritable because of this hunger, and are turning on eachother as a result.

This ad hominum squabbling isn't fostering healthy debate, and it's on the verge of a flamewar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom