• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Questions vs. answers doesn't really matter, what matters is new information. And if you're just confirming something that was already brought up earlier, then you're not giving out as much information as if you give information about something new. Most of the discussion value behind the new Zygarde forms came when it was first hinted at, because that got people thinking about what it is and what future games might have. The only thing CoroCoro added to the discussion value was the new forms they revealed, just confirming that it's a Zygarde doesn't promote discussion, if anything it reduces it because it narrows down the possibilities of what it could be.
which is why in most game history things on Wikis, they cite the first teasers rather than the date something was actually confirmed. (they don't.) the lack of answers is half of the reason this thread is a shitshow. confirmation is more important than teasing because not every person participates in these weird circlejerks. they don't sit around pulling things out of their heads and asses, and more than likely they don't even know it exists either. what they do notice is tangible confirmation.

I just said in my last post that the yearly release schedule has nothing to do with my point. I'm not looking at how far apart one game is from the next game, I'm looking at the news cycle of singular games, when a new game is hinted at, when it's announced, and when it's released. And the average news cycle is usually a game announcement 2 or 3 months after it's first hinted, and the game is released 4-6 months after it's announced. The yearly release schedule is irrelevant because we already have a game hint, if they wanted to wait 2 whole years for the next game that's fine, but they had to have planned the Zygarde reveal around that and so it doesn't make much sense to start teasing the game in July 2015 for a game that's not even coming out in the next year, people will start to lose interest if they're starved of information for too long.
my apologies for missing that.

even still: Munchlax was revealed in 2004. Generation IV started in 2006 in Japan. Hell, the development of generation IV was revealed in Q4 2004 and actually came out two years later. Kecleon, Wailmer, and Azurill were revealed in March 2001. Generation III was released November 2002 (in Japan). Marril and Snubbull were teased in M01, about a year and a half prior to the release of Gold and Crystal. Generation V and VI are more or less outliers when it comes to news speed, especially V.

I don't even know what points you are all trying to make. It's time to take a breath and relax.
The last few pages are filled with arguments about the release of the game and what it's going to be about. Fighting about this is pointless. We all want a game announcement, we know that. Arguing about whether they give hints today, tomorrow, next month, when it will be announced, when it will be released and how it took between them doesn't matter THIS much. We were given the new forms, just so we can have something to talk about. There will soon be more hints and an announcement. We should be discussing the future of Gen VI, it's what the thread is called. Talk about what the next game will include, anything new, how will Zygarde be included? (Because it is so obvious that it is.) Fighting over a stupid announcement and release date isn't going to help. That has a minor effect on the game. After the announcement, what are we going to do, talk about the game? We should be doing this now, with the confirmation of the game supporting the discussion.
Come on, settle down and let's not get into such a rage about it. :) :) :)

which is why in most game history things on Wikis, they cite the first teasers rather than the date something was actually confirmed. (they don't.) the lack of answers is half of the reason this thread is a shitshow. confirmation is more important than teasing because not every person participates in these weird circlejerks. they don't sit around pulling things out of their heads and asses, and more than likely they don't even know it exists either. what they do notice is tangible confirmation.

Such people don't really frequent forums like these in the first place though, the people that do typically do engage in this kind of speculation.

my apologies for missing that.

even still: Munchlax was revealed in 2004. Generation IV started in 2006 in Japan. Hell, the development of generation IV was revealed in Q4 2004 and actually came out two years later. Kecleon, Wailmer, and Azurill were revealed in March 2001. Generation III was released November 2002 (in Japan). Marril and Snubbull were teased in M01, about a year and a half prior to the release of Gold and Crystal. Generation V and VI are more or less outliers when it comes to news speed, especially V.

Hence why I said that it's one of the longest, not the longest. Regardless, the last instance of that being in 2004 is very telling of how far removed those examples are from the present. Plus they're all for new generations, not third versions. So these examples aren't really relevant to the current situation.

Such people don't really frequent forums like these in the first place though, the people that do typically do engage in this kind of speculation.
essentially the vast majority of Pokemon fans. i'd be willing to bet that most fans don't even care or even notice that GameFreak is moving "slower."

Hence why I said that it's one of the longest, not the longest. Regardless, the last instance of that being in 2004 is very telling of how far removed those examples are from the present. Plus they're all for new generations, not third versions. So these examples aren't really relevant to the current situation.
except that's so misleading and inaccurate. saying that it's one of the longest is almost wrong. if we got an announce prior to the end of 2015, the turn around time would be one of the fastest. Zorua was shown in Feb 2010 and BW was announced in April 2010, two months (ish). Zygarde? September to December is three months. so long as it's announced prior to Sep 2016 (likely) or even, being generous, July 2016, it's still a fairly fast turn around. you also just can't discount what has happened in the past because it (largely) disagrees with you.

essentially the vast majority of Pokemon fans. i'd be willing to bet that most fans don't even care or even notice that GameFreak is moving "slower."

So? It doesn't really matter what most fans are doing, it matters what fans here and on the internet are.

except that's so misleading and inaccurate. saying that it's one of the longest is almost wrong. if we got an announce prior to the end of 2015, the turn around time would be one of the fastest. Zorua was shown in Feb 2010 and BW was announced in April 2010, two months (ish). Zygarde? September to December is three months. so long as it's announced prior to Sep 2016 (likely) or even, being generous, July 2016, it's still a fairly fast turn around.

No, you've got the starting points wrong. Platinum was February to May, BW was January to April, and Zygarde started with July. Platinum and BW were hinted at 3 months before they were announced, some of the others weren't even that long. Yet here we are sitting at the 3 month mark for this game and no game announcement.

BW was January to April,
Generation V was announced in January for all intents and purposes. We may not have known much about it, but it was already established as a new generation for the DS.

BW is kind of a weird one as far as release schedules because they established that there would be a new generation game ahead of time, but BW wasn't officially announced until April.

BW is kind of a weird one as far as release schedules because they established that there would be a new generation game ahead of time, but BW wasn't officially announced until April.
I'm just saying that it was a lot more than a hint, being comparable to everything we knew about DP for almost two years. We knew exactly what was going on with Zoroark and Zorua.

No, you've got the starting points wrong. Platinum was February to May, BW was January to April, and Zygarde started with July. Platinum and BW were hinted at 3 months before they were announced, some of the others weren't even that long. Yet here we are sitting at the 3 month mark for this game and no game announcement.
ok? still doesn't mean that this announcement cycle has been egregiously slow compared to the series as a whole.

It's so ironic. People were complaining that GF should take a break, because one game per year were too much. It wasnt enough time to enjoy ORAS and XY hype

Now that a new game wasnt officialy announced, people seem to be getting crazy.

Eh... either we need some new info, or we all need to find something else with which to occupy ourselves in the meantime. Because it looks to me like y'all are starved for news, irritable because of this hunger, and are turning on eachother as a result.

This ad hominum squabbling isn't fostering healthy debate, and it's on the verge of a flamewar.

I agree wholeheartedly. On one hand, I'm sick and tired of the fighting 'cause it's exhausting to read. On the other, I'm very bloodthirsty in general, so I'm looking forward to the forum cannibalizing itself while we wait for news.

It's so ironic. People were complaining that GF should take a break, because one game per year were too much. It wasnt enough time to enjoy ORAS and XY hype

I actually noticed that as well. And I'm dying of laughter because either way I'm getting a game at some point, so I don't care.

If a game were announced now, it'd release in early 2016 (probably February-April). So that's not a contradiction.

Pokémon Z basically confirmed via Pokémon Tretta.
To be installed starting November 19th: The start of a potent new series!!: Pokémon Tretta Ultimate Z
>"U" turns into "UZ"! A world exclusive scoop on the new "Tretta"! A series of startling news items follow!!

>New feature 1: The explosive birth of a new tretta! Its name is... "Z Tretta"!!
>The "UZ" series will introduce an all new type of tretta. These Z Tretta will have special abilities unlike anything you've seen before! They also have a "Z" mark branded onto their surface!!

>The Z Tretta Zygarde's ability activates once a certain condition is met.
>Zygarde starts to... Just what is going on here!?
>Will the Perfect Forme appear!?

>New feature 2: You definitely want these! An extravagant collaboration with the anime!!
>The Z Tretta aren't all we have for you: We'll also release powerful anime tie-in tretta!!

>Legend-class Alternate-colored Xerneas: The Alternate-colored Xerneas makes its Tretta debut.
>Legend-class Alternate-colored Yveltal: Yveltal comes it its alternate color too! It's double legends.
>Master-class Satoshi's Pikachu: Satoshi's Pikachu comes as a Z Tretta!!

>Also, 100 of those of you watching the anime will win these!
>Master-class Daigo's Alternate-colored Metagross
>Master-class Alan's Lizardon
>These will be given out though a lottery to those who watch the anime October 22nd! Here's your chance to get them before anyone else!

If a game were announced now, it'd release in early 2016 (probably February-April). So that's not a contradiction.

Yes, it's still a contradiction because if people really wanted gamefreak to "take a break" from pokemon they wouldn't be so impatient about a game annoucement. And even if they annouced by now it won't be a real "break".

Yes, it's still a contradiction because if people really wanted gamefreak to "take a break" from pokemon they wouldn't be so impatient about a game annoucement. And even if they annouced by now it won't be a real "break".
as far as i can tell those that are upset that Z (or a new game) hasn't been announced yet are a small minority in the community.

6 months is still a break, so no, it's not.

And again, the impatience has nothing to do with taking a break. It's because of the hints towards Zygarde over the last few months.

Probably best to not expect anything until it appears. People say we might get something at the 29th of October but chances are that we have nothing on that day. The game might have something good since they are remaining quiet about it but that is my opinion. I am not sure what would be in the next game(s). New mega evolutions and forms can be one thing. New areas or a southern region of Kalos is possible. Hopefully another mythical pokemon becomes available or we get another interactive/gift shiny pokemon because I want at least one thing to trade over to the next game. I never liked the idea of obtaining all non-event pokemon before the last gen 6 game(s) because it leaves nothing but forms and mega evolutions that can't be traded to previous games of the gen. I'll still play the new game though but I wish they saved some pokemon for Z or whatever it is called.

6 months is still a break, so no, it's not.

And again, the impatience has nothing to do with taking a break. It's because of the hints towards Zygarde over the last few months.

Unless someone is just interested in hints and not the game, wich imo make no sense, yeah, people are impatient.

Or maybe people are criticizing the advertisement scheme and the marketing, but it's not what it seems.

only when you consider how fast Gen V and Gen VI revealed information, which most fans considered that pace a double-edged sword. we got information, and lots of it, fast, but then there wasn't anything left to discover in the games.
I'm wondering if that's why we have all the secrecy right now.

People--myself included--seemed pretty upset that some of the Megas for ORAS weren't held back so we could discover them on our own. Maybe GF and Nintendo saw that backlash and this is their way of trying to reign it in, so to speak.

Or maybe they just want to screw around with us. Anything's likely at this point.

I'm wondering if that's why we have all the secrecy right now.

People--myself included--seemed pretty upset that some of the Megas for ORAS weren't held back so we could discover them on our own. Maybe GF and Nintendo saw that backlash and this is their way of trying to reign it in, so to speak.

Or maybe they just want to screw around with us. Anything's likely at this point.
maybe. we'll find out when the game is officially announced i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom