• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
only when you consider how fast Gen V and Gen VI revealed information, which most fans considered that pace a double-edged sword. we got information, and lots of it, fast, but then there wasn't anything left to discover in the games.
I'm wondering if that's why we have all the secrecy right now.

People--myself included--seemed pretty upset that some of the Megas for ORAS weren't held back so we could discover them on our own. Maybe GF and Nintendo saw that backlash and this is their way of trying to reign it in, so to speak.

Or maybe they just want to screw around with us. Anything's likely at this point.

You can include me among those who were disappointed to find no secret Megas in ORAS after the games' release. While it was nice to have an info dump for the games each month in the pre-release period, I wish that things like Wally having a Mega Gallade, Steven having a Mega Metagross (albeit somewhat necessitated due to the Shiny Beldum event), and Deoxys being catchable in the Delta Episode were left for us to discover after launch. XY's pre-release was much the same story, as the vast majority of the new Pokemon had been revealed before we'd had the chance to explore Kalos ourselves. That said, at least on that occasion some of the Mega Evolutions had been left in the dark.

To think that Diamond and Pearl's far lengthier pre-release period (from Gen IV's reveal all the way until release) kept so much under wraps in comparison. I loved finding out about the many new cross-gen evolutions and story progression myself (or through Serebii's Japanese launch playthrough - sue me :p), and hope that marketing for future titles can return to that sort of form.

This isn't a bad thread like that Blog made it out to be. Seems quite normal to me, but I haven't seen all of it.
So... Who thinks we will get an announcement of the new game before the Japanese XY and Z makes a debut?

I loved finding out about the many new cross-gen evolutions and story progression myself (or through Serebii's Japanese launch playthrough - sue me :p),.
Didn't you just contradict yourself?

Oops, yes. That does sound kind of ridiculous on reflection (owing to my poor attempt at irony), but my overall sentiment stands in that more was left to our imagination in DP's pre-release period. Personally, seeing someone gradually play through the game after launch and note their new discoveries was as exciting (if not more so) as me playing it myself back then.

The difference between Gen IV and now, for me, is that I would try to discover the rest of the game by myself post-launch rather than with the rest of the internet (i.e. Serebii/Bulbagarden). Worldwide launches are helpful in that regard.

Last edited:
This isn't a bad thread like that Blog made it out to be. Seems quite normal to me, but I haven't seen all of it.
So... Who thinks we will get an announcement of the new game before the Japanese XY and Z makes a debut?
I think that the Japanese airing of XY and Z will probably be our first glimpse at what the next game(s) could be like, possibly followed up by an official announcement about a day later, like how Origins revealed Mega Charizard X (Origins was first aired in Japan on October 2nd, while Mega Charizard X was "officially" revealed the very next day).
EDIT: Well it turns out Mega Charizard X was "officially" revealed the same day Origins aired, so I screwed up here lol.

If nothing else, just give it a couple more months once the XY & Z anime wets its feet enough (or at most moves onto the big show) before holding your breaths. The suffering in this thread at this point can only get one who drinks it going.

Go back to a page or two and see how bad it can get.

I'm not sure what to make of this, but once again Masuda on Twitter is telling Pokemon fans to watch for something on Oha Suta Thursday. That's what Bing says, and then Google translates the word "video game" in the sentence.

I'm not sure if I should scream, cry, or do absolutely nothing. Because the last time he told fans to "watch for something", look what happened.

Oha Suta has already aired. Masuda just retweeted someone else's tweet, and I don't see any mention of video games.

Oha Suta has already aired. Masuda just retweeted someone else's tweet, and I don't see any mention of video games.
I think it might have to do with the XYZ anime since Oha Suta showcased some new footage for the upcoming anime series.

So many people are expecting a Pokemon Z and just a Pokemon Z. But we have been getting pairs of games since Black and White. So if they were to release a Pokemon Z, they'll probably release another game with it to make more money. That another game will probably be Delta Emerald. Two games to buy, two regions or possibly more to explore, two times more money for them.

So many people are expecting a Pokemon Z and just a Pokemon Z. But we have been getting pairs of games since Black and White. So if they were to release a Pokemon Z, they'll probably release another game with it to make more money. That another game will probably be Delta Emerald. Two games to buy, two regions or possibly more to explore, two times more money for them.

BW2 are the only sequel pair of games. Red/Green, Gold/Silver, Ruby/Sapphire, Diamond/Pearl, Black/White and X/Y have all been pairs, but the only pair of games that have had a pair of sequels is Black and white. Diamond and Pearl had platinum. Emerald, Crystal, Yellow, they are all one sequel. Games have always been released in pairs to start off with one sequel going after them. BW2 is the only exception. Sorry, you can't say since BW-BW2, because that was the last sequel made. XY have not yet had their sequel and ORAS are remakes, so they don't traditionally get a sequel. :)

BW2 are the only sequel pair of games. Red/Green, Gold/Silver, Ruby/Sapphire, Diamond/Pearl, Black/White and X/Y have all been pairs, but the only pair of games that have had a pair of sequels is Black and white. Diamond and Pearl had platinum. Emerald, Crystal, Yellow, they are all one sequel. Games have always been released in pairs to start off with one sequel going after them. BW2 is the only exception. Sorry, you can't say since BW-BW2, because that was the last sequel made. XY have not yet had their sequel and ORAS are remakes, so they don't traditionally get a sequel. :)

Firstly, Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum are third versions and not sequels. These four games are the only times that they have released one game. They make way more money releasing two games than one. Also, they said that they wanted to surprise us. So what better way than to remake a third version, Emerald.

Firstly, Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum are third versions and not sequels. These four games are the only times that they have released one game. They make way more money releasing two games than one. Also, they said that they wanted to surprise us. So what better way than to remake a third version, Emerald.

They won't release two regions at once.
Also, when you say 'they're the only four times third versions were released,' the only one time two sequels were released was with BW. They have never made a remake of a third version, and that would just be a terrible way to do it. The only way two games will be released is if it is XY2. Hopefully I get some back up. Two games can make more money, but releasing two completely different games defeats the whole purpose of the annual wait for another game. It's like saying Sparkling Crystal and Platinum would have been released on the same day. There would have been no point in waiting for Heartgold/Soulsilver after Platinum.

I am absolutely for your idea... I would actually be super delighted if Delta Emerald is released... Hoenn is my favourite region.

However, I doubt it. Firstly, because remakes never get third versions or sequels, and also because the only big reason for a delta Emerald would be to have the Battle Frontier, and GF said nowadays fans are more interested in mobiles, than big postgame facilities.

Also, they wouldn't have done the Delta Episode if a Delta Emerald was coming. I think they did it precisely to represent Pokemon Emerald in ORAS.

Besides, ORAS are very good anyway. So GF has no real reasons to make Delta Emerald. Emerald nostalgics like me would buy it, but most people wouldn't, because it would be too similar to ORAS, which the probably already played. The 2 selling points of a Delta Emerald would be the Rayquaza Lore and the Battle Frontier. The former was added to ORAS, and the latter is not interesting anymore according to GF, so I think Delta Emerald wouldn't sell nearly as well as ORAS, because there wouldn't be much to add really...

What I do see possible is Hoenn being a postgame to Kalos in a potential Pokemon Z. Still highly unlikely though!

Last edited:

I would imagine people are expecting only one "Pokémon Z" for these two reasons:

1) There's Pokémon Go. It can take up one of the two remaining origin slots from Pokémon Bank, which is highly possible since it's connecting to the main series.

2) There's not really two opposite Legendaries to make two games for. Sure, they can reveal two Zygarde 75% Forme or whatever, but it seems a bit late at this point for them to be mascots, especially when it's looking like the mascot is either Zygarde 50% Forme or Zygarde Complete Forme.

Many valid points that you all make.

@7JayDee7, Z is more likely than sequels though. So we'll probably only see Z which would be horrible. They skip a year just to bring out Z? What a terrible waste.

@Meta Boss, I'd love a Delta Emerald as well! Emerald was and is my favorite game of all time. ORAS was terrible. I was really disappointed in those remakes. I'd rather have the Battle Frontier than the Delta episode which only contained one cool concept, Deoxys. True what you say about not there being not much to add.

@Tuoko, well if they did release a Delta Emerald, Rayquaza would be its mascot while Zygarde would be Z's. Pokemon Go looks terrible though. But yeah, it'll probably take up that second spot.

I think it might have to do with the XYZ anime since Oha Suta showcased some new footage for the upcoming anime series.

Just seen it now in the anime section of the forums. My Zygarde Train just done intensified.

@RainbowLifeAndLove; I guess a Delta Emerald is possible... Though it's probably far off into the future. We just got Hoenn remakes and now it's Kalos's time to shine. There's not really much they can add onto it now besides the missing stuff from Emerald. And wouldn't it cause confusion? Marketing two completely different stories at the same time.

@Tuoko, well it would give us much more to do. But will just have to wait and zee what's going to happen. Maybe they'll add Hoenn in Z. That would cool. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom