• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Gives a small smile while waiting still*
I am trying not to get too hyped. It could be nothing. So I don't want to be disappointed again.

Well there is few options: new game is announced on 29th or a day before it, game announce on the 15th of November or game is announced in December. I really hope we don't wait until 2016 for an announcement.

Well there is few options: new game is announced on 29th or a day before it, game announce on the 15th of November or game is announced in December. I really hope we don't wait until 2016 for an announcement.

I hope so too! But I wouldn't be disappointed if we receive no news this year. We just got to stay patient.

I hope so too! But I wouldn't be disappointed if we receive no news this year. We just got to stay patient.

It's harder to stay patient about the lack of a game announcement when they're shoving Z related marketing in our faces.

It's harder to stay patient about the lack of a game announcement when they're shoving Z related marketing in our faces.

Don't worry. Masuda is going to appear on Pokemon Get TV on the 15th of November which will be around 8am. And CoroCoro releases the 14th of November. So maybe we'll receive something then.

It could also be possible that we'll get an announcement before then, then CoroCoro provides screencaps and info while Masuda on Pokenchi follows suit with a gameplay trailer of sorts. This is all just hypothetical guessing though, but we'll see what happens.

The earliest time we will possibly receive any news is 28-29th October. But I have a feeling that November's possibly big announcement is the one to look out for. Hopefully this isn't just about Pokemon Go and everybody got excited for nothing.

I'm quite certain that we will get a new game(s) announcement out of the blue either this week or next week (before Pocket Monsters: XY&Z anime airs). But if it isn't revealed this month, then we'll definitely be seeing Pokémon ZX and Pokémon ZY on Pokémon no Uchi: House Gather? on November 15th. Don't go counting on a standalone "Pokémon Z", 'cause that would mean they'd have to fill that last Generation VI slot with another sixth generation game in 2017. Besides, Junichi Masuda knows that it's hugely speculated, alongside X2 and Y2. So they'll definitely surprise us with something completely different.
Don't worry. Masuda is going to appear on Pokemon Get TV on the 15th of November which will be around 8am. And CoroCoro releases the 14th of November. So maybe we'll receive something then.
Just a reminder, Pokémon GetTV ended at the end of last month and has been replaced with "Pokémon no Uchi: House Gather?". It's a brand new TV Show that only lasts for about half an hour (unlike Pokémon Sunday, Pokémon Smash! or even Pokémon GetTV).

I'm quite certain that we will get a new game(s) announcement out of the blue either this week or next week (before Pocket Monsters: XY&Z anime airs). But if it isn't revealed this month, then we'll definitely be seeing Pokémon ZX and Pokémon ZY on Pokémon no Uchi: House Gather? on November 15th. Don't go counting on a standalone "Pokémon Z", 'cause that would mean they'd have to fill that last Generation VI slot with another sixth generation game in 2017. Besides, Junichi Masuda knows that it's hugely speculated, alongside X2 and Y2. So they'll definitely surprise us with something completely different.
Just a reminder, Pokémon GetTV ended at the end of last month and has been replaced with "Pokémon no Uchi: House Gather?". It's a brand new TV Show that only lasts for about half an hour (unlike Pokémon Sunday, Pokémon Smash! or even Pokémon GetTV).

Oh! I read a news article stating that he is going to appear on Pokemon Get TV. Thanks for the reminder.

I think that we'll see the game release next month. But it would be nice if it's this month. Either way, we'll be happy, very happy. :-D

Yeah guys, even the Manga is initiating its push into Chapter Z, or whatever its gonna be called, with Green of all characters showing up. The manga NEVER has gone foward with a new chapter without the accompaning game content. Something is brewing guys, and its gonna come to boil fast.

Speaking of Green, yeah, that Green popped up this konth, looking quite in his 20s. Hope to god this means the next Kalos games reintroduce the older characters properly, would be amazing for some proper Kanto/Kalos mixing.

Well first off they can leave slots unfilled they;ve done it in the past, and also Pokemon Go could indeed take one of the slots as we know it will be communicating with main series games.

And why be so picking on the name of the tv show, its the same show, just they keep changing the name and some of the format to make it feel fresh.

It's as if ORAS punched him in the face or something.

Lol.

I don't understand some fans. If you didn't enjoy a game simply voice your criticism, have a healthy discussion and then just make like Elsa and let it go. To keep harping on about it and act like the game personally came to your house and set fire to everything you love...no.

And yet Gamefreak have hinted strongly that we wouldn't just be getting a single Z version as it's too 'predictable'...so I wonder...?

In that interview you're referring to, it was about how they thought people were expecting "Z" right after X/Y instead of expecting ORAS. So no, I don't think they completely dismissed a Z Version as a possible future title.

Oh, thank you for the clarification. I don't think I've ever even seen the original interview, only people discussing it, so I guess like Chinese whispers the original meaning got watered down.

TBH they're hitting us with so much 'Z' stuff at the moment, between Tretta, the anime and all the Zygarde formes, it would feel a bit weird if the game wasn't eventually called Z.

So the Masuda appearance is legit? Interesting.

It airs the same day that CoroCoro is released, too.... potential hype.

I'm cautiously optimistic!

Well first off they can leave slots unfilled they;ve done it in the past

Yeah. I can understand people getting excited but it does well to remember that unused slots are just that - they are not a Gamefreak statement saying 'two more games in gen 6 are definitely coming'.

Yeah guys, even the Manga is initiating its push into Chapter Z, or whatever its gonna be called, with Green of all characters showing up. The manga NEVER has gone foward with a new chapter without the accompaning game content. Something is brewing guys, and its gonna come to boil fast.

Speaking of Green, yeah, that Green popped up this konth, looking quite in his 20s. Hope to god this means the next Kalos games reintroduce the older characters properly, would be amazing for some proper Kanto/Kalos mixing.

That's rather interesting... I can almost see them doing something like that in commemoration of the 20th anniversaary.

What's even more interesting is one of Masuda's latest posts on his Twitter, posted yesterday. Actually, he retweeted somebody else, but the specific article that he retweeted is why I question if he's trolling, hyping, or maybe doesn't understand what he retweeted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Pokebip/status/656263255652888576

What he retweeted is a highly speculative article that suggests he's either going to reveal "Z" or Gen 7. Whether he understands French or not, I don't know... but why retweet something like that of all things? Masuda, you tease.

What he retweeted is a highly speculative article that suggests he's either going to reveal "Z" or Gen 7. Whether he understands French or not, I don't know... but why retweet something like that of all things? Masuda, you tease.
The article also says that he might reveal something completely different. But I'd wager that Masuda hardly knows any French.

The biggest shock next year would be Gen7. With so many hints towards Z, I would expect something different though. They won't be too obvious.

The biggest shock next year would be Gen7. With so many hints towards Z, I would expect something different though. They won't be too obvious.

Another possibility is a sequel in another region, like Gold and Silver

Or a remake of a remake. So anything is possible. We'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully soon.

Another possibility is a sequel in another region, like Gold and Silver

GS definitely needs the BW2 treatment, but Kanto needs it first. I don't expect another Johto game until at least 8th gen.

The earliest time we will possibly receive any news is 28-29th October. But I have a feeling that November's possibly big announcement is the one to look out for. Hopefully this isn't just about Pokemon Go and everybody got excited for nothing.
Makes two of us, honestly. I like the idea of Go but since I don't have a smartphone and haven't bothered with looking into upgrading, I have no idea whether or not I'll even go for it. Holding me back even further is the fact that most of what's in Go looks Kanto-based and I have a pretty large amount of Kanto fatigue right now.

All I know is if Masuda holds up a card with a Golurk and a silhouette behind it, I will need a new pair of pants, stat. :goof:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom