• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The earliest time we will possibly receive any news is 28-29th October. But I have a feeling that November's possibly big announcement is the one to look out for. Hopefully this isn't just about Pokemon Go and everybody got excited for nothing.
Makes two of us, honestly. I like the idea of Go but since I don't have a smartphone and haven't bothered with looking into upgrading, I have no idea whether or not I'll even go for it. Holding me back even further is the fact that most of what's in Go looks Kanto-based and I have a pretty large amount of Kanto fatigue right now.

All I know is if Masuda holds up a card with a Golurk and a silhouette behind it, I will need a new pair of pants, stat. :goof:

I am in the same boat with you with Pokemon Go. Kanto is my least favorite region, so I hope that we don't see it next year.

Remember to keep a pair of backup pants then when it's time for the announcement. :goof:

:

I have an unpleasant feeling that the whole Masuda announcement will be nothing but Pokemon GO. I'm hopefull, but I expect the worst.

A few pages ago (or in another thread, I can't remember) someone mentioned the possibility of GF 'pulling a Beyoncé' by releasing the game unexpectedly. I know its a bit far fetched, but the possibility of it is spinning in my mind for the last few weeks. How amazing would that be.

I have an unpleasant feeling that the whole Masuda announcement will be nothing but Pokemon GO. I'm hopefull, but I expect the worst.

A few pages ago (or in another thread, I can't remember) someone mentioned the possibility of GF 'pulling a Beyoncé' by releasing the game unexpectedly. I know its a bit far fetched, but the possibility of it is spinning in my mind for the last few weeks. How amazing would that be.
I think they're pushing GO towards a more adult crowd so if anything he'll just be going over the Corocoro news or showing new.

The biggest shock next year would be Gen7. With so many hints towards Z, I would expect something different though. They won't be too obvious.

Another possibility is a sequel in another region, like Gold and Silver

GS definitely needs the BW2 treatment, but Kanto needs it first. I don't expect another Johto game until at least 8th gen.

No, no. She meant having sequel games that take place in a new region LIKE Gold and Silver did for Generation 1. As in having a new region adjacent to Kalos where sequels take place. Not a Johto game.

The biggest shock next year would be Gen7. With so many hints towards Z, I would expect something different though. They won't be too obvious.

Another possibility is a sequel in another region, like Gold and Silver

GS definitely needs the BW2 treatment, but Kanto needs it first. I don't expect another Johto game until at least 8th gen.

No, no. She meant having sequel games that take place in a new region LIKE Gold and Silver did for Generation 1. As in having a new region adjacent to Kalos where sequels take place. Not a Johto game.

Oh.

Well then no, I wouldn't want to see that. Leaving Kalos as shallow and undeveloped as it is now would be a crime against humanity.

If they add Kanto to the games next year, does that mean we will be able to travel to 3 regions in one game? This seem highly unlikely then. I don't want to see Kanto ever or maybe until it has become old and outdated. The last time we saw Kanto was 6 years ago (Japan) or 5 years ago (The rest of the world). So not so long ago.

If they add Kanto to the games next year, does that mean we will be able to travel to 3 regions in one game? This seem highly unlikely then. I don't want to see Kanto ever or maybe until it has become old and outdated. The last time we saw Kanto was 6 years ago (Japan) or 5 years ago (The rest of the world). So not so long ago.

5 years ago is a long time in Pokemon standards, and that iteration of Kanto was pretty nerfed anyway. Kanto IS old and outdated at this point, we haven't had the full Kanto experience for as long as RSE (which just got a remake), and it could use a significant overhaul anyway. So I have absolutely no reservations against getting a Kanto game in the near future.

5 years ago is a long time in Pokemon standards, and that iteration of Kanto was pretty nerfed anyway. Kanto IS old and outdated at this point, we haven't had the full Kanto experience for as long as RSE (which just got a remake), and it could use a significant overhaul anyway. So I have absolutely no reservations against getting a Kanto game in the near future.

Kanto can happen again but for now I want Kalos to have the attention. With Zygarde having new forms, being in the next movie, appearing in mega evolution special and appearing in anime, Kalos is the region that is likely to be revisit. Including Kanto would be pointless due to legendary birds, Mewtwo, Snorelax, Lapras and other Kanto references being in XY and likely Z. Kanto should have it's own game in the next gen or two without being involved with a region that is faraway from it. I hope the next game is revealed before or during the start of XY&Z series but that is up to Game Freak.

Kanto can happen again but for now I want Kalos to have the attention. With Zygarde having new forms, being in the next movie, appearing in mega evolution special and appearing in anime, Kalos is the region that is likely to be revisit. Including Kanto would be pointless due to legendary birds, Mewtwo, Snorelax, Lapras and other Kanto references being in XY and likely Z. Kanto should have it's own game in the next gen or two without being involved with a region that is faraway from it. I hope the next game is revealed before or during the start of XY&Z series but that is up to Game Freak.

This! Kalos still needs some work. XY was too focused on graphics, fell a bit flat with is story and don't really have a post game. Next year's game(s) can fix that and probably give us something new.

Oh no, I agree that Kalos needs an update first, but Kanto is also on the list of regions that need a facelift.

This has crossed my mind also. But I'm not really sure what to think of it, because I'm not sure if doing so would either hurt or help sales, and the kind of game would of course be a factor too.

I wouldn't mind revesiting Kanto, I love that region and it is very nostalgic since it was the first one I ever visited. But if we are re-vesiting Kanto soon, I hope it's not in yet another RBG remake, but in a completely new game. Like an extra region in the next game or in the Generation 7 games (though after XY being a tad too much Gen 1-focused, I am not sure if that would be a good idea). I just don't want another RBG remakes for now, it should be Gen IV remakes next, not Gen I again.

RBG remakes are overdue. The last time we played through the main Kanto story was over 11 years ago, when FRLG was released in 2004. Plus we have the 20th anniversary coming up of the main franchise. Kanto is the spiritual home of Pokemon, the birthplace, it will always be linked. People expect the next remakes to be Sinnoh based, but we visited the Sinnoh story most recently in 2009 so I think Kanto remakes are in the queue before those.

I'd rather have DPPt remakes before having Kanto shoved in my face again. Kanto's been in four? generations now? (RGBY, GSC, FRLG, HGSS... yeah that's enough for now...)

I want to go back to Sinnoh in 3D before Kanto rises from the grave yet again.

When we eventually do have to deal with Kanto again, I want a revamped region with all-new characters (maybe an 80-year-old Blue to take over his grandfather's job, as a nod to the originals) and an equally improved Johto as a postgame region. (Basically backwards GSC set far in the future)

I also don't want to see Kanto in a recent game. I was so glad that they finally stopped with Kanto in Generation 5. Too much of one thing is just not good. I'd rather see them focus on fixing Kalos than focus on revamping Kanto.

RBG remakes are overdue. The last time we played through the main Kanto story was over 11 years ago, when FRLG was released in 2004. Plus we have the 20th anniversary coming up of the main franchise. Kanto is the spiritual home of Pokemon, the birthplace, it will always be linked. People expect the next remakes to be Sinnoh based, but we visited the Sinnoh story most recently in 2009 so I think Kanto remakes are in the queue before those.

I disagree with this. We already got Kanto remakes which were FRLG. Then Kanto reappeared in HGSS games in post game. 20th anniversary may be coming up but that does not mean Kanto is reappearing. If anything is to come out at that date is Pokemon Z or Pokemon Go but I don't see anything being released on the 20th anniversary to be honest. Kanto has appeared enought times since RBG games. Kalos is the most logical choice in the matter.

I'd rather have DPPt remakes before having Kanto shoved in my face again. Kanto's been in four? generations now? (RGBY, GSC, FRLG, HGSS... yeah that's enough for now...)

I want to go back to Sinnoh in 3D before Kanto rises from the grave yet again.

When we eventually do have to deal with Kanto again, I want a revamped region with all-new characters (maybe an 80-year-old Blue to take over his grandfather's job, as a nod to the originals) and an equally improved Johto as a postgame region. (Basically backwards GSC set far in the future)

For all of the games that Kanto's been in, not one of them has really done anything constructive with it though. FRLG didn't even touch the main game and GSCHGSS downsized it. They haven't really added new areas or changed older ones significantly, they haven't added new Pokemon to the Kanto Dex, they haven't expanded on the story or given it any unique side features. It's just so out of date, not just in terms of how long it's been since the last game but in terms of the design philosophies behind it, that it desperately needs another update. Sinnoh is definitely getting up there in years and they could definitely make improvements in some areas (storyline, online capabilities, Mega Evolutions), but it's nowhere near as outdated as Kanto is (in fact even looking at it today I'd call Platinum a near perfect game), so I would want to remake Kanto first.

We absolutely don't need a Gen IV remake. Platinum is the pinnacle of that trilogy and it still completely playable on the current technology. RGBY/FRLG are both completely unplayable unless you own a DS Lite or a Game Boy Advanced or a Game Boy Player. I'd say its time to revisit Kanto. We don't even need any major changes to it, just running FRLG through the ORAS Engine and release it for $20 digitally. No need for any big lead up to it, just a quick announcement of "Hey remember where it all start? Go back there now! Blazing Red and Soaking Blue on the eShop today for $20."

For all of the games that Kanto's been in, not one of them has really done anything constructive with it though. FRLG didn't even touch the main game and GSCHGSS downsized it. They haven't really added new areas or changed older ones significantly, they haven't added new Pokemon to the Kanto Dex, they haven't expanded on the story or given it any unique side features. It's just so out of date, not just in terms of how long it's been since the last game but in terms of the design philosophies behind it, that it desperately needs another update. Sinnoh is definitely getting up there in years and they could definitely make improvements in some areas (storyline, online capabilities, Mega Evolutions), but it's nowhere near as outdated as Kanto is (in fact even looking at it today I'd call Platinum a near perfect game), so I would want to remake Kanto first.
The problem is that I can almost guarantee that if Kanto was remade, there's no way that the guys in charge would change anything significant, or else it'll piss off the genwu- uh, more narrow-minded Kanto fans. The screams of "MY CHILDHOOD IS RUINED" would be heard for miles. If- and this is a huge if- they could revamp the Pokemon distribution, the region's overall look and feel, and maybe expand on some lore, perhaps I could bear the thought of going to Kanto again. But I have next to no faith that this would ever happen, considering that Kanto stays the same even when parts of it are relocated in other freaking regions... Santalune Forest...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom