• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had stated that you take down Team Flare by joining them and doing an inside job, which Alain might do in the special.
Alain is being manipulated by Lysandre. He isn't secretly trying to change Team Flare's goal.

I doubt GF would actually have you help Team Flare achieve their goals because that's stupid and would never work. Team Flare's goal is ultimately ever lasting peace and beauty, I just said that you'd change their goal when joining them by gaining power. Their current method is stupid and immoral, even if the ultimate weapon worked it'd have killed everyone because I can't see how staying under it would have spared Team Flare and the landscape would look ugly too.
I just don't see a compelling reason to betray Team Flare from within instead of directly opposing them. And the idea of Zygarde making the world "beautiful" by creating infinite resources sounds quite cheap. Even XY had a more acceptable resolution.

I had a feeling that we weren't getting the game announcement. It would have taken attention from XY&Z series episode 1 and the Mega Evolution special. I am not expecting anything for the 15th of November. They may just promote Pokemon Go and corocoro would likely reveal just new pokemon events to download. What day does the Pokemon Direct usually airs anyway? I won't expect anything from it but I don't know the day it airs.

Team Flare referred to Squishy as "Z Two". I doubt that any of these names are "official" outside of the anime.

I am assuming that the cores are in total 5, to go with the chest colors.of course if there is only two, a red and blue to match the wings it makes sense too.
The first episode and opening only allude to one more Zygarde.

As for the number of versions, it could be that Core A or B is the secondary starter, with the other obtained later.
You expect the Zygarde Cores to be the version mascots?
I am expecting Zygarde 75 to be mascots. I have a feeling there are two perfect 75% formes that either is red and has the wings, or blue and is a quadraped. Something tells me that Zygarde Perfect was and still is sort of meant to by a post league deal, something that was supposed to be revealed now, but at the end of the games coverage. Yes, I am suggesting that we were meant to have a game now, but something stopped it. I mean, everything from the anime to spinoff games can move on, but when PokeSpe whichnever goes foward to anew chapter without a game accompanying it, then something is definitely off.

So we basically got a small handful of in-depth info and hints about Zygarde through the anime, with still no game announcement or coverage to do it instead?

Something tells me that if the anime keeps this up, the plot of the next game is going to have to be drastically different than your typical 3rd version, so as to avoid too many large spoilers for the game.

Definitely. I think jts either going to be two things:
Sequels that are a good while after XY which allows for major changes within Team Flare.
Or
ZX and ZY is actually in the GBADS timeline, and there are no megas. The plot is basically the same as XY, but instead of the ultimate weapon, Zygarde is ehat ended the Kalos War and AZ and his Floette plot is now reworked for Synchro Evolution, a new method of evolution for that timeline. Going foward the version differences for Gen 7 will be between Megas and Synchros.

Since they've confirmed that there will be at least one more Nintendo Direct this year, I could see them announcing the new game/games there instead. They could possibly have a Pokemon Direct if they're able to do more than one Nintendo Direct event. I don't think that they'll wait until 2016 to make an announcement. That seems like a really long wait from when they first revealed Zygarde Cell via the teaser trailer for the next movie. Granted, I also thought that they wouldn't start the new arc of the anime and air the Mega Evolution Act IV special before making a game related announcement, so I could be off the mark again. I'd still prefer an announcement sooner rather than later.
As I've said before, I honestly think that Ninitendo and GF are taking it slow this time to avoid the backlash they had last time with ORAS. We already knew what we were getting before ORAS was released and so many people were upset that things weren't held back, so GF might be trying to milk this one.

In other words, I believe we'll get an announcement but they'll make us wait this time around.

Sequels that are a good while after XY which allows for major changes within Team Flare.
Or
ZX and ZY is actually in the GBADS timeline, and there are no megas. The plot is basically the same as XY, but instead of the ultimate weapon, Zygarde is ehat ended the Kalos War and AZ and his Floette plot is now reworked for Synchro Evolution, a new method of evolution for that timeline. Going foward the version differences for Gen 7 will be between Megas and Synchros.

The only thing that points to a pair version is Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves though. Zygarde doesn't seem to have any version exclusive forms considering none of the forms look exclusive to each other. If Zygarde had two other forms that are version exclusives then that would point to a pair version. However, we already got 100% form of Zygarde which is only one. It is possible for Zygarde to have two different 75% forms but I have my doubts though. However, if we do get a pair of games instead of a single game then that is fine with me.

Or

The only thing that points to a pair version is Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves though. Zygarde doesn't seem to have any version exclusive forms considering none of the forms look exclusive to each other. If Zygarde had two other forms that are version exclusives then that would point to a pair version. However, we already got 100% form of Zygarde which is only one. It is possible for Zygarde to have two different 75% forms but I have my doubts though. However, if we do get a pair of games instead of a single game then that is fine with me.

75% forms? It doesn't yet have 75% forms (and I'll doubt that he ever will) and if he ever does, there will only be one of them. There are two Zygarde core, and there can be two 50% Zygarde, who knows how many 10% Zygardes and only one Complete Zygarde.

i find it hard to believe that GameFreak would make two versions for the sole purpose of having two different Zygarde Cores that ultimately produce a slightly different (Thousand Waves vs Thousand Arrows), if not the same, Zygarde.

OK. There's a new boss in Pokken Tournament. Dark Mewtwo. However, it looks like a third mega. This is what most people are speculating. Mega-Mewtwo Z?

OK. There's a new boss in Pokken Tournament. Dark Mewtwo. However, it looks like a third mega. This is what most people are speculating. Mega-Mewtwo Z?

This new Mewtwo looks too similar to Mega Mewtwo X tho.....I wouldn't b surprised if it turned out to b a color pallet swap / costume swap or something. Either way I wouldn't jump to conclusions about it being a new Mega or whatever just yet lol

Doubtful. It looks like a variation of Mega Mewtwo X.

This new Mewtwo looks too similar to Mega Mewtwo X tho.....I wouldn't b surprised if it turned out to b a color pallet swap / costume swap or something. Either way I wouldn't jump to conclusions about it being a new Mega or whatever just yet lol

Yeah, I agree, My only doubt is the big crystals coming out of the shoulders.

Team Flare referred to Squishy as "Z Two". I doubt that any of these names are "official" outside of the anime.

I am assuming that the cores are in total 5, to go with the chest colors.of course if there is only two, a red and blue to match the wings it makes sense too.
The first episode and opening only allude to one more Zygarde.

As for the number of versions, it could be that Core A or B is the secondary starter, with the other obtained later.
You expect the Zygarde Cores to be the version mascots?
I am expecting Zygarde 75 to be mascots. I have a feeling there are two perfect 75% formes that either is red and has the wings, or blue and is a quadraped. Something tells me that Zygarde Perfect was and still is sort of meant to by a post league deal, something that was supposed to be revealed now, but at the end of the games coverage. Yes, I am suggesting that we were meant to have a game now, but something stopped it. I mean, everything from the anime to spinoff games can move on, but when PokeSpe whichnever goes foward to anew chapter without a game accompanying it, then something is definitely off.

But... your theory is akin to a scenario where Gamefreak unveiled the Original Unova Dragon, and then turned around and introduced Kyurem's two formes as mascots; months prior in advance. That just appears backwards to me. Zygarde 75% would had been advertised by now just like the Kyurem formes where, and just like 10% and 50% is now. There is no reason to unveil the completed package which should be kinda of a big deal in the Kalos lore, before any of the incomplete stages.

At the very least, Zygarde(s) 75% (Arrows & Waves) would had been revealed alongside the other percentages of Zygarde. I'm really not banking on any paired versions personally, even though I find the traditional third version idea outdated and trite at this time. I do like your idea of the game taking place outside the Mega-verse, and putting us back in Classic rather than Pokemon's unique Ultimate style verse; however, I kinda doubt they will considering Gen 6 introduced Megas to begin with. Nice idea though if utilized correctly and resulted in a superior plot to the original X & Y series.

While gen 6 is ground zero for Megas, its also by extension the generation that makes multiple timelines possible. Megas came about through a key event in history, being the ultimate weapons usage, and is thus suggested that perhpas the Classic Timeline had no such event. So yes ,while a game without megas would be strange, it still fits into the general lore of gen 6.
The way I see it, with focus on Ash Greninja and the show phasing Alain and the Mega Evo special plot in, something tells me there is something to my theory. No new megas to advertise, so no need to showcase em, but there is this new mechanic similar to it. And think about the supposed plot, with the hundreds of years.
In the classic timeline, the ultimate weapon never fired off, but the war between brothers had required Zygarde to power up and defeat both. In the events of the war AZ and Floette Synched together, with Floette in the end supposedly dying, while AZ gained immortality through some other means(perhaps the same power surge from Xerneas/Yveltal that powered the weapon spread during the war, leading to the same results?) Meanwhile, in Kalos and perhaps other regions through reference as to avoid the same fiasco as the beginning of the gen, Synchro Evolution has been reported, and instead of Lucario, the Tower of Mastery was built for Synchro Greninja and his trainer. The plot of X and Y then unfolds, but much differently. The kalos starters are given a central role and are not shafted for the Kanto Starters, with them being one of the species to Synchro Evolve, Team Flare wants to capture Xerneas/Yveltal perhaps because an opposing force has the other legendary, and all this while the Zugarde plot slowly unfolds.
Two versions can work, even if its a 3rd version deal and not sequels. In one version or the other, Zygarde Core A or B could be your secondary starter, while the Couriway Zygarde is the other Core powered up. Somwhere towards the end of the plot, having both Zygardes is required. Simple and clean really.

The way I see it, with focus on Ash Greninja and the show phasing Alain and the Mega Evo special plot in, something tells me there is something to my theory.
The anime advertising Mega Evolutions (albeit old ones) makes you think that the next game isn't going to feature Mega Evolution?

In the classic timeline, the ultimate weapon never fired off, but the war between brothers had required Zygarde to power up and defeat both.
If you're referring to the Unova war, we already know about it from the "classic" timeline and there is absolutely nothing to suggest that Zygarde was involved. Reshiram and Zekrom destroyed Unova.

In the events of the war AZ and Floette Synched together, with Floette in the end supposedly dying, while AZ gained immortality through some other means
We know from Zinnia that the Kalos war simply didn't happen.

Two versions can work, even if its a 3rd version deal and not sequels. In one version or the other, Zygarde Core A or B could be your secondary starter, while the Couriway Zygarde is the other Core powered up. Somwhere towards the end of the plot, having both Zygardes is required. Simple and clean really.
Again, two versions would require two version mascots. El_ already explained the problem with that idea.

I think Ash Greninja being unique and supposedly being superior to megas alongside the rest is going to lead to no new megas, witha focus on the something new.
As for the war, I screwed up again forgot that the Kalos war isn't between brothers but AZ and an opposing nation. While Zinnia implies there is no war, there likely needs to be a parallel event for AZ and Floette. I doubt they would cut that stuff out of the Classice Timeline if we see a return.
And lastly, if its a retelling of XY the box mascots could be Xerneas Yveltal still, perhaps with some new change, or something with Zygarde. If theconcept of 75% formes being revealed later is too much, perhaps perfect branches off. Still the same power levels just Perfect Waves and Perfect Arrows functions differently to counter the other two. Yes it surpasses them, but it can't fully counter them without the right moves which are obtained by different formes.

CSnXa91UAAAlMxX.png

...Mega-Mewtwo Z :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom