• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
^Looks to be just a stylised Mega Mewtwo X. Apparently it's called Dark Mewtwo.

tkFFdzp.jpg

HIRxrix.jpg

Seems possible it's just a Pokken boss... or whatever.

I think Ash Greninja being unique and supposedly being superior to megas alongside the rest is going to lead to no new megas, witha focus on the something new.
I don't recall Ash Greninja being said to be even stronger than a Mega Evolution, and I hope you realize that it wouldn't be unique if your idea came to pass. Besides, there's a difference between not focusing on Mega Evolution and actually removing the mechanic.

While Zinnia implies there is no war, there likely needs to be a parallel event for AZ and Floette. I doubt they would cut that stuff out of the Classice Timeline if we see a return.
But that's a very big if and you haven't suggested what they would with do AZ without a war.

And lastly, if its a retelling of XY the box mascots could be Xerneas Yveltal still, perhaps with some new change,
Xerneas and Yveltal still being the mascots would just make most people think that the new games are basically XY, not to mention that it would defeat the purpose of the anime focusing on Zygarde. The idea of "XY in the classic timeline" would be very hard to promote.

If theconcept of 75% formes being revealed later is too much, perhaps perfect branches off. Still the same power levels just Perfect Waves and Perfect Arrows functions differently to counter the other two. Yes it surpasses them, but it can't fully counter them without the right moves which are obtained by different formes.
That would just render Complete Forme obsolete. How is it "complete" if it needs to transform yet again to take on Xerneas/Yveltal? You might as well call 50% Zygarde "perfect", too.

Consider it something like stance change, or Meloetta. Its perfect, as in all the cells and the two cores are fully merged, and Zygarde Perfect is the culimnation. With the two cores together, it has access to both Thousand Waves, lets assume the second core is with a blue hexagon here, and Thousand Arrows, whichare exclusive to the respective core.Despite that however,in its base Perfect form, it can only use Lands Wrath. Using either a unique ability or such, when it gains Thousand Waves the perfect forme slightly alters to allow its use and vice versa. Its still Zygarde perfect, just leaning towards one end of the spectrum or the other. Consider the one we have as the neutral appearance.

Without the war, AZ can exist as the king of Kalos who prevented the war outright but with a huge cost. Instead of the war ever happening, perhaps Zygarde interferred to prevent it, hut somethi g went horribly wrong.

Dark Mewtwo is nothing to be excited about. It is just a dark version of Mega Mewtwo X. There are a lot of interesting theories on Zygarde and it's forms but I look forward to seeing the real method of Zygarde form change and how it gains Thousand Waves/Arrows.

Its not even a dark version of Mega Mewtwo X, its a "dark" version of Mewtwo in general. Its base form has those orange crystals and tail as well (video). If it were ever to appear in the games, it'll likely be nothing more than NEP or Cosplay Pikachu, but I suspect its status will be more like Primal Dialga, who, incidentally also has random orange markings.

Its not even a dark version of Mega Mewtwo X, its a "dark" version of Mewtwo in general. Its base form has those orange crystals and tail as well (video). If it were ever to appear in the games, it'll likely be nothing more than NEP or Cosplay Pikachu, but I suspect its status will be more like Primal Dialga, who, incidentally also has random orange markings.

And also considering that Primal Dialga is also known and Dark Dialga it all just comes together.

And also considering that Primal Dialga is also known and Dark Dialga it all just comes together.

Considering the shadowy aura, I'm leaning towards it being the reintroduction of Shadow Pokemon. Primal Dialga didn't show off a shadowy aura like Dark Mewtwo/Mega Mewtwo X does. The Shadow Pokemon do.

--

Anyway, I'm starting to feel like it's late for Zygarde to receive more forms.

Considering the shadowy aura, I'm leaning towards it being the reintroduction of Shadow Pokemon. Primal Dialga didn't show off a shadowy aura like Dark Mewtwo/Mega Mewtwo X does. The Shadow Pokemon do.
Although Primal Dialga's orange markings were mostly there for the Obviously Evil look... I'd say something akin to either Primal Dialga or Shadow Pokemon are equally possible. Though the exact details are hazy, both are kinda similar in that something (probably darkness-related) caused the soul of the Pokemon to go all wonky and savage.

It's just as possible that this is just a Pokken-exclusive Rule of Cool thing too, though. Dark color palettes accented with golden orange or red tend to be popular when a design is going for that "evil darkness" look.

--

Anyway, I'm starting to feel like it's late for Zygarde to receive more forms.

Admittedly not a conclusion I would have come to. To me it doesn't really seem as a reintroduction or something new to the series. Just the typical use the big bad boss trope with "dark" being a usual variation.

I highly doubt it's Mega Mewtwo Z. It's likely just a form for Pokken, and my guess would be that "Dark" Mewtwo could be the last round/boss in Arcade/Story mode? Beating him could unlock regular Mewtwo as a playable character, although if that's the case his X Mega will be his Burst mode? If I recall, that's the name of it. Which is interesting in comparison to Smash Bros Wii U, where his Final Smash is his Y Mega.

I highly doubt it's Mega Mewtwo Z. It's likely just a form for Pokken, and my guess would be that "Dark" Mewtwo could be the last round/boss in Arcade/Story mode? Beating him could unlock regular Mewtwo as a playable character, although if that's the case his X Mega will be his Burst mode? If I recall, that's the name of it. Which is interesting in comparison to Smash Bros Wii U, where his Final Smash is his Y Mega.

It is actually an Extra Round, after completing the Final Round in Pokkén Tournament. It's nothing new to the main games or any evolutions, it's just exclusive to Pokkén Tournament. It's called Dark Mewtwo, and it Mega Evolves into Dark Mega Mewtwo X (which is identical to Mega Mewtwo X). GameExplain shows it very well in it's video

When I said "I suspect its status will be more like Primal Dialga" I was talking about it being a game-exclusive form to Pokken.

And why would they re-introduce Shadow Pokemon outside of a Genius Sonority game?

Though if it ever gets linked to the game, Tekken has something called the Devil Gene, while GSC originally had an item called the Berserk Gene, so it would be a cool throwback.

When I said "I suspect its status will be more like Primal Dialga" I was talking about it being a game-exclusive form to Pokken.

And why would they re-introduce Shadow Pokemon outside of a Genius Sonority game?

Though if it ever gets linked to the game, Tekken has something called the Devil Gene, while GSC originally had an item called the Berserk Gene, so it would be a cool throwback.

I don't understand why they didn't keep that item and have it be everywhere Mewtwo is. The reference is clear.

And Shadow Pokémon have been speculated by people in this thread to be the Main Timeline's counterpart to Mega Evolution. Which is definitely a cool theory.

I don't think that's what Yang was getting at here. It's not so much as the events of the XY games have already happened in the anime... it's more like "if the anime was going to promote an upcoming game with a reincarnated Team Flare, they'd use the designs from the new game, not the ones from the older games."

More or less, yeah. Or bring in new characters who contribute to the [hypothetical] sequel's story elements and changes. Even Charon made it into DP.

Current marketing makes me feel like Z is either a 3rd version :)<) or its not happening.

Current marketing makes me feel like Z is either a 3rd version :)<) or its not happening.

Same here. I just feel like if there was gonna be a Z version, they should've announced it back then with zygarde formes. It just doesn't make any sense.
Conversely, all this promotion of Zygarde forms, Ash Greninja etc etc doesn't make any sense if it's not going to be in any games since the anime only exists to promote games.

I don't think that's what Yang was getting at here. It's not so much as the events of the XY games have already happened in the anime... it's more like "if the anime was going to promote an upcoming game with a reincarnated Team Flare, they'd use the designs from the new game, not the ones from the older games."

More or less, yeah. Or bring in new characters who contribute to the [hypothetical] sequel's story elements and changes. Even Charon made it into DP.

Same here. I just feel like if there was gonna be a Z version, they should've announced it back then with zygarde formes. It just doesn't make any sense.
Conversely, all this promotion of Zygarde forms, Ash Greninja etc etc doesn't make any sense if it's not going to be in any games since the anime only exists to promote games.

There is a small chance that Zygarde forms could only be for anime along with Greninja but lets hope that is not the case. I fail to see why there would be no game if Zygarde is getting a movie, appeared in mega evolution special, appearing in XY&Z series and gaining new forms. All those things should point to another gen 6 game. Plus Volcanion hasn't be officially revealed although we already know it exists. This waiting is a pain but until Game Freak is ready, there is nothing but a long wait ahead of us unless we get something on the 15th of November or on Pokemon Direct.

OK. Sorry, I'm a bit confused. If they brought in new team flare members in the anime from the new game, would that mean that events of XY would have to happen beforehand?

OK. Sorry, I'm a bit confused. If they brought in new team flare members in the anime from the new game, would that mean that events of XY would have to happen beforehand?

Not necessarily. Again I'll reach out to Best Wishes 2; Colress was tied to Episode N, which featured elements of both BW1 and 2. Also Cheren, older than Bianca and already running his Gym, breaks canon entirely. Roxie and Marlon only became Gym Leaders because of Brycen and the Striaton brothers retiring, but that was also ignored. All these guys were included simply because "Hey they're part of the new games, get hype!".

I also wanna say that my greater point is a bit less about Team Flare specifically, and more about the lack of new material being used for this arc [so far] other than the mascot. And...Ash-Greninja. I guess...? :s Though I'm skeptical of that being in a game. Pokemon-Amie is OP enough.

Last edited:
And Shadow Pokémon have been speculated by people in this thread to be the Main Timeline's counterpart to Mega Evolution. Which is definitely a cool theory.

I'm not understanding how that could be though. The Shadow Pokemon process and Mega Evolution don't really have much of anything in common; there isn't even a BST change. Shadow Pokemon are just corrupted versions of the originals with a unique type advantage. Mega Evolution is meant to be a whole new (Pseudo) evolution of a species entirely.

The only comparison I can make is that a Shadow Pokemon's heart is closed off completely, while Mega Evolution requires the Pokemon's heart to be open and in-sync with its trainer. But that duality was already somewhat present with the Frustration/Return TM(s), and really isn't anything much to go off on to say the two are "distantly" related. Lets say Lugia for example, required some kind of stone to transform into XD001 or "Shadow Lugia" with an increased BST; then that would be similar. But as it stands, Shadow Pokemon are more akin to a forme change, at least more mechanically anyways and not aesthetically with exception for Shadow Lugia.

The only comparison I can make is that a Shadow Pokemon's heart is closed off completely, while Mega Evolution requires the Pokemon's heart to be open and in-sync with its trainer.

That's the comparison people made. I thought it was cool and made sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom