• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if you have a portal that takes you to those specific areas, what exactly is stopping you from walking into connected routes?

The distribution itself doesn't make sense at all. It's the exact same Zygarde that we can already catch in X/Y and trade over to ORAS.
It's the exact same, seriously? Like, no change whatsoever?

That is really weird. Unless it knows Thousand Waves or Thousand Arrows, I really don't see the point of Nintendo/GF handing the blasted thing out. It isn't as if this guy is a super-rare Mythical Pokemon--I recently got one through a Wonder Trade--so I'm wondering why they would feel the need to give it away.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it just seems very odd...

I have to agree that 6 regions in one game in too much. I doubt that they allow only a certain area(s) from another region to be available while the rest is cut off. I also doubt that we'll get anything game related for the 20th anniversary unless Z is released at that date. I do not think Kanto should be in the next Kalos game or for this gen at all. The next game is about Zygarde and it should be the main focus. Kanto has appeared enough times and I rather have Sinnoh remakes (although it is a bit earlier for those remakes as well). Right now, the return of Kalos and the mystery around Zygarde is the main focus.

I think Mitchman's idea could work actually. I'm not a hardcore gamer, I don't own a lot of games, or even played a lot of them, but I do remember that GTA did it once (for a mission) as well. It creates a lot of diversity. But I think that it's a risky move, I mean, showing 3D modeled area's of regions we haven't seen in 3D yet can be a bit of a mean tease..
But remember the ORAS demo: we only got one city, so we know they can show us just one city.
In the end, I think it has potential for one big thing like an event. (A la Liberty Garden, Flower Paradise)

I'm going to say that this is our last chance of getting news on a new main series game this month and this year in general. Especially when taking into account the fact that December is when they usually reveal some details on the following years' film (in Japan at least). Of course that could change but I'm doubtful that it will. The only thing to look forward to this month of news possibly being revealed is with the appearance of Junichi Masuda on that weekly Japanese show on the 15th.

Last edited:
I think Mitchman's idea could work actually. I'm not a hardcore gamer, I don't own a lot of games, or even played a lot of them, but I do remember that GTA did it once (for a mission) as well. It creates a lot of diversity. But I think that it's a risky move, I mean, showing 3D modeled area's of regions we haven't seen in 3D yet can be a bit of a mean tease..
But remember the ORAS demo: we only got one city, so we know they can show us just one city.
In the end, I think it has potential for one big thing like an event. (A la Liberty Garden, Flower Paradise)

Because it's a demo. Demos are literally designed just to give players a portion of what the actual game will look like (hence why they only showed us one city). Why would game freak disappoint many players'heart by only allowing us to go in one old city in the actual game ?

Last edited:
It was a good idea that probably couldn't work. So, there is no need to bite his head off. Let's settle down.
How will the cells be included in the next game (because we all know deep down that it's Z.) :)

It was a good idea that probably couldn't work. So, there is no need to bite his head off. Let's settle down.
How will the cells be included in the next game (because we all know deep down that it's Z.) :)

It was mentioned that the cells of Zygarde are found throughout the region. It could be that during the game, we would encounter Zygarde's cells but I don't know if they would be obtainable during those points of the game. We either collect them through our adventure through Kalos or Zygarde somehow summons them during the climax of the story.

I don't know... After getting ORAS, I am completely happy with the current generation.

I would like an other Kalos visit if it was something special, different and surprising. Otherwise I'd rather have gen VII.

The thing is they ARE taking too long for the new yearly standards, so what if they decided to start next gen? Everything is pointing to Z, so what if they decided to shock us with a new generation? Or a new region this generation, with 70 new Pokemon... like Johto + Kanto in gen II?

Showing us Zygarde's formes, and acting as they didn't, is strange, it makes no sense.

Last edited:
I don't know... After getting ORAS, I am completely happy with the current generation.

I would like an other Kalos visit if it was something special, different and surprising. Otherwise I'd rather have gen VII.

The thing is they ARE taking too long for the new yearly standards, so what if they decided to start next gen? Everything is pointing to Z, so what if they decided to shock us with a new generation? Or a new region this generation, with 70 new Pokemon... like Johto + Kanto in gen II?

I agree that it is taking long for the next game. I think it could be possible of a new generation considering we can get all non-event pokemon with the current four gen 6 games. Pokemon Z could be the start of Gen 7 with new pokemon but still focus on Zygarde. After Black 2 and White 2, anything is possible at this point. At the end of the day, it is Game Freak that would decide to continue gen 6 or move on to gen 7.

How will the cells be included in the next game (because we all Know deep down that it's Z.) :)
When it comes to the cells I think that is gonna be a wild card. Wehave no idea what constitutes 10%, or even 50%, as much like 10 is 1/5th of fifty 4 is to 20 or 6 is to 30, or if wehave to collext all the cells and cores, or if there is more than two cores for that matter. Despite all that, I think cells will be found usong the same technique itemfinder works with,hidden until found.

I think the climax of the next Kalos game(s) will involve Zygarde transforming into its Complete forme in Terminus Cave, similar to Kyurem in B2/W2. I think Terminus Cave will also probably be where at least half of Zygarde's cells are for that reason, with the others being scattered across Kalos.

I hope they announce something soon. It's clear we've all about exhausted our imaginations by now.

Since there is only one Nintendo Direct, which won't be coming until later on in the year, it really defeats the grand worldwide announcement of a new game and instead is doing a repeat of what happened with Pokémon Black Version 2 and White Version 2. So nope, no Pokémon Direct this year. If we're lucky, either a pair of sixth generation games will be announced or a standalone sixth generation game will be announced on November 15th.

But on the unlucky side of things, we could end up with a pair of seventh generation games, in which would be first announced on Pokémon no Uchi and then announced on all the official websites after the show has ended.

Since the Pokémon Direct that announced Pokémon X and Pokémon Y aired, it built up so much hype. And if they don't broadcast a Pokémon Direct, it wouldn't be right to announce seventh generation titles for the 20th anniversary only within Japan and then show it to the rest of the world when the show is finished, especially if it's a seventh generation game in this day and age.

Since Junichi Masuda and his team like to do something completely different from what everyone is speculating about, it's highly unlikely that we will get a "Pokémon Z". Since everyone would be expecting it to be announced. He will either blow our minds with a pair of seventh generation titles, a sixth generation Pokémon Yellow remake title (with a Zygarde story in the post game) or something along those lines.

We'll definitely know for sure tomorrow, or we will if Pokenchi follows in line with the past variety shows. Usually the website updates the summary for the mext elisode, ie tomrrow would get a summary for Next Sunday. What usually is added for Masuda and his reveals is a line saying more or less to tune in jext week to watchMasuda update us all(its viewers to be specific) of the latest news of the Pokemon Franchise. Of course its not certain however, as if I recall they just used the Next Episode preview with those giant confetti balls for HGSS. So yeah, we could now tomorrow or Sunday at the latest.

Since there is only one Nintendo Direct, which won't be coming until later on in the year, it really defeats the grand worldwide announcement of a new game and instead is doing a repeat of what happened with Pokémon Black Version 2 and White Version 2. So nope, no Pokémon Direct this year. If we're lucky, either a pair of sixth generation games will be announced or a standalone sixth generation game will be announced on November 15th.

But on the unlucky side of things, we could end up with a pair of seventh generation games, in which would be first announced on Pokémon no Uchi and then announced on all the official websites after the show has ended.

Since the Pokémon Direct that announced Pokémon X and Pokémon Y aired, it built up so much hype. And if they don't broadcast a Pokémon Direct, it wouldn't be right to announce seventh generation titles for the 20th anniversary only within Japan and then show it to the rest of the world when the show is finished, especially if it's a seventh generation game in this day and age.

Since Junichi Masuda and his team like to do something completely different from what everyone is speculating about, it's highly unlikely that we will get a "Pokémon Z". Since everyone would be expecting it to be announced. He will either blow our minds with a pair of seventh generation titles, a sixth generation Pokémon Yellow remake title (with a Zygarde story in the post game) or something along those lines.

They probably want to surprise us with something else, but then that means that all this promotion and introductions of Zygarde would go to waste. It's probably to late to surprise us a lot.

The only surprise I think no one has considered yet is a 3 games coming out on the sake date, one Z sequel to XY and a pair of 20th anniversary games, be it remakes or sequels, but the absolute madness and logistical nightmare of such a scenario rules it out completely.

The only surprise I think no one has considered yet is a 3 games coming out on the sake date, one Z sequel to XY and a pair of 20th anniversary games, be it remakes or sequels, but the absolute madness and logistical nightmare of such a scenario rules it out completely.

That is unlikely to happen. We have remakes for this gen and that is ORAS. The datamining only showed two more games for this gen. I think that we'll get either Z or sequels to XY games. Of course there is a slight chance of gen 7 but I would like to see this gen finish with Kalos. The 20th anniversary is coming up but that doesn't mean Kanto is returning. Red/Blue or Yellow remake should happen in the next gen or two but I prefer Sinnoh remakes for gen 7.

So, how many people are thinking we might get a game announcement on the 15th?

At this late time in the year I believe we'll either get something then, or nothing till next year, sadly. And I'm not holding my breath for the 15th. This weird erratic drip-feeding of anime-only news and stoic silence from GF after so many yearly releases has me confused and losing interest, tbh.

So, how many people are thinking we might get a game announcement on the 15th?

At this late time in the year I believe we'll either get something then, or nothing till next year, sadly. And I'm not holding my breath for the 15th. This weird erratic drip-feeding of anime-only news and stoic silence from GF after so many yearly releases has me confused and losing interest, tbh.

"Yearly" releases is only true for North America and europe. Otherwise, it was never a trend to release pokemon games in japan(there's a gap of two years between BW and BW2 in japan).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom