• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, how many people are thinking we might get a game announcement on the 15th?

At this late time in the year I believe we'll either get something then, or nothing till next year, sadly. And I'm not holding my breath for the 15th. This weird erratic drip-feeding of anime-only news and stoic silence from GF after so many yearly releases has me confused and losing interest, tbh.

"Yearly" releases is only true for North America and europe. Otherwise, it was never a trend to release pokemon games in japan(there's a gap of two years between BW and BW2 in japan).

Pokemon is mostly yearly though. At least nowadays. That is the reason why they started worldly releases this gen.

So, how many people are thinking we might get a game announcement on the 15th?

At this late time in the year I believe we'll either get something then, or nothing till next year, sadly. And I'm not holding my breath for the 15th. This weird erratic drip-feeding of anime-only news and stoic silence from GF after so many yearly releases has me confused and losing interest, tbh.

"Yearly" releases is only true for North America and europe. Otherwise, it was never a trend to release pokemon games in japan(there's a gap of two years between BW and BW2 in japan).

Pokemon is mostly yearly though. At least nowadays. That is the reason why they started worldly releases this gen.

Not really. Releasing main series games every year in all of the world was just never a trend and i'm pretty sure game freak gave up on "worldwide" releases since oras was released in europe after a week then japan/north america/australia ect...

Last edited:
Well yes, I'm aware, but I live in Europe...so it's true for me. I got used to it. I got spoiled. I'll admit that, but it doesn't stop me wanting the yearly releases to continue. Just because I don't expect it doesn't mean I can't want it. And I think they missed an opportunity by not giving us a main series release this year in time for the holiday season - that thing would sell like crazy.

Tbh I'm pretty pissed off how quickly they ditched the 'worldwide' releases. Remember watching the Direct that announced it for XY? They made a whole big speech about how happy they were to be doing it. It felt like Pokemon was finally in the 21st century. Aaaaand then we're right back to staggered releases. It's actually typical Gamefreak pattern when you stop and think about it though: introduce something awesome, fans all love it and expect it as a continuing feature, remove it in next set of games. They're not called Trollfreak for nuthin'.

Aaaaand then we're right back to staggered releases. It's actually typical Gamefreak pattern when you stop and think about it though: introduce something awesome, fans all love it and expect it as a continuing feature, remove it in next set of games. They're not called Trollfreak for nuthin'.
A week is not at all comparable to 4-6 months. And you should blame NoE rather than Game Freak.

Yeah, I really don't see the big deal. I mean sure, it sucks not having it launch everywhere on the same day, but it's nothing compared to when the rest of the world was months behind Japan. So it's far too early to be complaining about going back on worldwide releases, it may not be exactly the same but it's still a hell of a lot closer than it used to be.

Well yes, I'm aware, but I live in Europe...so it's true for me. I got used to it. I got spoiled. I'll admit that, but it doesn't stop me wanting the yearly releases to continue. Just because I don't expect it doesn't mean I can't want it. And I think they missed an opportunity by not giving us a main series release this year in time for the holiday season - that thing would sell like crazy.
Exactly. You got spoiled. Look, i know the waiting is painful, but you can't just say "they always release a main series game in my country, therefore they must countinue with it for the eternity".

Hopefully an announcement for the next game(s) will be made in the Nintendo Direct! Just over an hour now until we find out!

So apparently there is a Nintendo Direct coming up. I have my doubts however because it has been so long now that I no longer hope or expect anything. If a new game is reveal, then that's cool but if not then I reckon 2016 is more likely for an announcement.

No new game announcement, but the Fire Emblem news kills any disappointment I would have had.

Plus: Twilight Princess for WiiU! WAHOO!

The direct would have been the perfect opportunity to announce the next Kalos game(s). I think GameFreak just wants to see us squirm at this point after giving them so much crap about the PokeBank and the Battle Frontier lol.

Exactly. You got spoiled. Look, i know the waiting is painful, but you can't just say "they always release a main series game in my country, therefore they must countinue with it for the eternity".

I'm not. That's why I said 'Just because I don't expect it doesn't mean I can't want it.'

The direct would have been the perfect opportunity to announce the next Kalos game(s). I think GameFreak just wants to see us squirm at this point after giving them so much crap about the PokeBank and the Battle Frontier lol.
Yeah, probably. But it is disappointing that we got nothing here.

You watch, they'll drop the bomb on us next month with some small something in CoroCoro and everyone will freak the slag out. That would be absolutely evil of TrollFreak but I wouldn't be at all surprised.

I really wanted FRLG on the VC... Sevii Islands!!! I got my Gameboy Advance and Color, and my Pokemon Blue... but still, Yellow is a good incentive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom