• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was extremely unprecedented. Especially Japan getting the physical copies.

I had hopes for next main series announcement, but Game Freak tend to announce these things at their own pace, so I'm not too surprised. Overall, though, the Direct is potentially the best we've ever had, so no disappointments. That said, if Pokemon Z/Gen VII would have been announced, it would have easily been the best. It's a shame, the return to Directs would have been a perfect chance to just announce the next game and maybe show off a logo, they didn't have to show anything else. I'd have been happy with just that.

Firstly, I am a Pokemon fan only. I like many nintendo games, but only Pokemon´s main series is what I am a true fan of... So that is the only news of this Direct important to me.

Firstly, FRLG would have been the better option for a Visual game, because it is just better. I already have Blue, so not interested there. But Yellow is something very cool, as I haven´t played it and it is awesome.

My question though, is: IS IT A DIRECT PORT, or can it have additions like running?

I am excited with this announcement, but I am afraid I could find it unplayable if it doesn´t have running and at least SOME kind of postgame. A basic Battle building?

I think it is a direct port, but even then, it is still cool.

Last edited:
Honestly, the Pokémon RBY announcement was absolutely disappointing. I was anticipating Zed and going forward: I didn't want to go back. Pokkén, however, still looks worth keeping an eye on.

The best thing about this announcement is that it has finally negated any possible Gen1 remakes in the near future for the 20th anniversary and whatnot. The RGBY coming to virtual console and 3DS exactly as it is while allowing local wireless trade? Cool :) We really don't need any remakes of RGBY at this point. Too much Kanto.

My question though, is: IS IT A DIRECT PORT,or can it have additions like running?

I am excited with this announcement, but I am afraid I could find it unplayable if it doesn´t have running and at least SOME kind of postgame. A basic Battle tower or post game.

I think it is a direct port, but even then, it is still cool.

I'm willing to put money on the fact that they are pretty much identical copies of the old games, with just the wireless ability to trade added. I don't know...it's probably kind of better this way; if they started to change/add features they'd be remakes and that would be weird.

But as you say, still cool :) I can't wait to play Yellow again.

I'm willing to put money on the fact that they are pretty much identical copies of the old games, with just the wireless ability to trade added. I don't know...it's probably kind of better this way; if they started to change/add features they'd be remakes and that would be weird.

But as you say, still cool :) I can't wait to play Yellow again.

I just want running available and some kind of postgame battles apart of the Pokemon League. If they don't wanna add anything, it would be enough to just program the npc trainers to be rematchable once a day or something. That wouldn't be hard.

By the way, according to Serebii.net wireless BATTLING will be supported! Awesome!

PD I haven't played Yellow, very excited!

Last edited:
The best thing about this announcement is that it has finally negated any possible Gen1 remakes in the near future for the 20th anniversary and whatnot. The RGBY coming to virtual console and 3DS exactly as it is while allowing local wireless trade? Cool :) We really don't need any remakes of RGBY at this point. Too much Kanto.

Yes. Now they can create sequels instead.

I just wasted time watching Nintendo Direct. Nothing worth buying or to download. That tweet was kind of misleading, telling people to watch Direct but only seeing unnecessary gen 1 games on virtual console and some silly Picross game. We could of done without the Super Mystery Dungeon and Pokken Tournament as well. 11 months and still no main series game announcement?! Come on Game Freak, you had enough time to develop Z!

I
I just wasted time watching Nintendo Direct. Nothing worth buying or to download. That tweet was kind of misleading, telling people to watch Direct but only seeing unnecessary gen 1 games on virtual console and some silly Picross game. We could of done without the Super Mystery Dungeon and Pokken Tournament as well. 11 months and still no main series game announcement?! Come on Game Freak, you had enough time to develop Z!
I'm starting to think there might be no Z, but a Gen VII coming next. Third games never take so long to develop...

Not sure how it was misleading. Z was never promised. Its fans that thought it would be Z. The Gen 1 games being on Virtual Console is a big deal though, they've never done so before.

What about the tweet was misleading? He said to watch the Nintendo Direct. He never said what the content would be.

Not sure how it was misleading. Z was never promised. Its fans that thought it would be Z. The Gen 1 games being on Virtual Console is a big deal though, they've never done so before.

He made it sound like we were getting something good which many thought was Z. Then Direct was aired and now people have been left disappointed. That is what gives GF a bad name. Don't tell us to watch something if all we getting is a spin off we already know and another spin off game which looks completely pointless. What is the point of bringing back Red, Blue and Yellow? The graphics are terrible and they are in black and white.

Last edited:
Well, when will Z be announced? It still is going to happen.

At this point it's looking like a 2016 announcement. They're running out of opportunities to announce it (we're probably not going to see an announcement in December, so if we don't get it soon that's probably it) and they have multiple games coming out in early 2016 so it seems like it's not happening as soon as we expected.

He made it sound like we were getting something good which many thought was Z. Then Direct was aired and now people have been left disappointed. That is what gives GF a bad name. Don't tell us to watch something if all we getting is a spin off we already know and another spin off game which looks completely pointless. What is the point of bringing back Red, Blue and Yellow? The graphics are terrible and they are in black and white.
People would have been left disappointed regardless. Just because you didn't get what you want and read too much into a tweet doesn't mean the original tweet was misleading. The only reason it would be misleading is if Masuda told people to watch and there wasn't even a single Pokemon announcement. It would be a stretch to say it was misleading if only PMD and Pokken was shown since Masuda did not have involvement in either.

They literally showed a game that is directly related to Game Freak. There was no misdirection other than your misreading of a >140 character tweet.

Perhaps you're not seeing the significance of this as well: endless discussions of remakception where people expect remakes of remakes of remakes can now end--Game Freak is willing to release old games. Down the line, PokeBank may even allow these games to transfer Pokemon to new generations (they've handled giving a new stat to Gen I Pokemon traded to Gen II, and now they have cloud servers to convert the old IV system into the new one).

Gen I DLC, despite your dislike of it, is a game changer in terms of how the series can be handled.

endless discussions of remakception where people expect remakes of remakes of remakes can now end--Game Freak is willing to release old games.
THIS.
And while I can understand the disappointment of no "Z" announcement, there had never been any indication whatsoever of a new game actually coming up. What we've seen up till now - the Zygarde forms and AshGreninja - were all anime announcements not game announcements. We can't rule out the possibility of them being anime exclusive as of yet.

THIS.
And while I can understand the disappointment of no "Z" announcement, there had never been any indication whatsoever of a new game actually coming up. What we've seen up till now - the Zygarde forms and AshGreninja - were all anime announcements not game announcements. We can't rule out the possibility of them being anime exclusive as of yet.
I know that Pokémon Tretta will show off P.Zygarde in action some time next week so maybe that it'll answer some questions?

Yes. Now they can create sequels instead.

This post just made my night hahahahaha

I was one of the fighters for Kanto remakes on 3DS, and to this announcement, I took a bow and admitted my defeat. Of course, while I'm extremely excited for RBY on VC, this meant no Kanto remakes and made my prediction for the future invalid.

HOWEVER.

You make a fine point there... ;)

While, in all seriousness, I doubt we'll get anything more than a Kalos sequel/3rd version(s) from this generation, if even that. It's either that or gen 7 next. But, there is the crazy idea that this RBY VC release is using Kanto hype to create for Kanto hype for future Kanto related games hype.

Hype. XD

But really, not being super serious here. As said above, this basically ends the remake-ception argument, and that relieves my mind. As long as they add PokeBank compatibility to these games and/or future VC releases, then the fear of remake-ception should be over. In a generation or two, we can have Sinnoh remakes. Then, (or possibly even sooner) we will get GSC on VC rather than new Johto remakes. Overall, this is a great positive development and I'm super stoked for this release, as well as many other things in the Direct. #TwilightPrincessHD !!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom