• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point I'm hoping we go straight into Gen VII on 3DS with New 3DS support/enhancements.

I can't deny that I'm kinda looking forward to replaying Yellow on my 3DS. May have to dig out my Pikachu faceplate for the occasion.

I think this unexpected Kanto celebration is Masuda's way of saying "You are nostalgic for Kanto again? Enjoy the originals! But we ain't reremaking them anymore." Which doesn't mean Kanto will not be re visited again, but just not the same story from gen 1.

Also, these games are likely gonna be the true Anniversary games, so Z is less likely to happen than before. Still a possibility however.

Man! It's been ages since I have last posted in the forums...
But yeah...I really hope we get Gen 7 announcement soon. I am ready to move on. I want new pokemon and no shit like 72 mons in gen 6.

At this rate, the chances of gen 7 are increasing. However Volcanion is still left to be release and Zygarde has new forms with two unreleased moves. I do like Gen 6 to finish off with a Kalos game since it started off with it. If Zygarde's forms turn out to be anime only like Ash Greninja, I am going to be ticked off because what would be the point of giving us new forms of Zygarde if it is anime only? Plus 50% Zygarde has lower bst than Xerneas and Yveltal. It is also going to be in the new pokemon movie. Once again, we have to wait and see.

But wouldn't be bad marketing if they reveal all new formes of Garde in the anime only for them to have us wait a year to get them in a new game dedicated for said formes? I think the mere fact that the Garde formes are appearing in the anime means that GF are done with Gen 6. The anime has always been an advertising engine for the games, I doubt they'd reverse the roles now.

Interesting news what we got yesterday. So there was an anniversary game after all, but it wasn't what most people speculated.

I don't think the Gen I games rule out a main series game in mid-2016. It's Pokemon GO all over again, looks like a big thing now but in two months nobody will care.

We should look foward to the mid-december Movie 19 teaser, it will be a good indicator of what's to come, and what it will show mostly narrows down to two choices: Zygarde or Volcanion. One would say that Zygarde = Z and Volcanion = Gen VII, yet this has been a year full of surprises, so who knows.

We should look foward to the mid-december Movie 19 teaser, it will be a good indicator of what's to come, and what it will show mostly narrows down to two choices: Zygarde or Volcanion. One would say that Zygarde = Z and Volcanion = Gen VII, yet this has been a year full of surprises, so who knows.

We'll probably see both of them promoted in the movie. It's pretty typical for the movie to promote one or two game mascots and one event Pokemon.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXbg94d7dng
. Just look at how deadly P.Zygarde is! Those two wings can apparently turn into serpentine mouths from the look of it.

I don't like to be that guy, but I swear I've heard that lead singer in something related to Dragon Ball.

The Zygarde footage was pretty cool. And, in all honestly, much more dynamic than anything we've seen in Gen 6...I dunno how to feel about that. lol.

I don't think the Gen I games rule out a main series game in mid-2016. It's Pokemon GO all over again, looks like a big thing now but in two months nobody will care.
Yeah, I'm with you. People are hyped for the Gen 1 games right now but once they're released to the Virtual Console, things will die down a bit.

And lest we forget: X and Y were announced in January of 2013. I wouldn't put it past GF to announce a Z game next January, just because. (It'd be great if they do that and make it another worldwide release again.)

It be kind of awful and funny at the same time if the Gen I games ARE the next Gen VI games in the series. "We thought you fans would love it retro." The Zygarde forms will also be included for prosperity.

I don't like to be that guy, but I swear I've heard that lead singer in something related to Dragon Ball.

The Zygarde footage was pretty cool. And, in all honestly, much more dynamic than anything we've seen in Gen 6...I dunno how to feel about that. lol.
I can't wait to see that Ziggy do that in the next game.

They ARE great! Love those guys! But to stay on topic, they really are pushing the "Z" envelop.
Not only that but I see kids in Tokyo talking about Ziggy ( Zygarde) more than USApyon so hopefully GF uses that new found hype to their advantage and do something big with Zygarde.

We know that this month corocoro had basically nothing interesting aside from a possible second Zygarde Core. Nintendo Direct didn't show anything interesting or important. It is the second to last month of the year and we have no announcement so far. December is the last month that could have the announcement but I seriously doubt it. We might get news on the next pokemon movie though. At this point, I have given up expecting an announcement this year. If June 2016 comes and no announcement is made before then, then we are likely getting gen 7 and the new forms of Zygarde would be anime only or possibly gen 7 related (which is unlikely).

OH MY GOD YES

RED, GREEN, BLUE AND YELLOW ON THE E-SHOP! My one complaint is that they all seem to be in black and white (their original GameBoy palettes) and not the Super Game Boy or the Game Boy Color palettes. I just hope Gold, Silver and Crystal follow suit on their anniversary in a few years.

Hate to bring in real-life events, but I do wonder if the Paris attacks will possibly effect any future Kalos game? I imagine it will probably effect the show like the Tohoku earthquake did, but I could see Game Freak being hesitant to release a game taking place in Pokemon France that could possibly have terrorist-esque activity committed by Team Flare and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom