• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh, so CoroCoro has never reported 'big' news in December before. Interesting.

Wasn't it said that CoroCoro has not announced a new game since Platinum? Hm. Maybe we'll get an announcement before the December releases.

Maybe but December 15th is a bit more likely. I considered the whole "Big new" thing and it sounds weird to consider a movie "big" so it may indeed be a game announcement. I just hope I'm not misleading myself because I don't want to be disappointed again and wait another three months or so.

Huh, so CoroCoro has never reported 'big' news in December before. Interesting.

Wasn't it said that CoroCoro has not announced a new game since Platinum? Hm. Maybe we'll get an announcement before the December releases.

Yeah, they could announce it through a site update at any time. If they're going to do that though, it'll probably be early in the month.

Its a bit of a stretch to link ecological disasters (i.e., something closer to extreme weather caused by global warming) and terrorist attacks >_>

not even going into how tactless it is to be talking about how the Paris attacks will affect a video game not even two days after it occurred
My reparations , I was naively thinking ahead because I noticed that one scene in the Genesect caught a lot of rigor by virtue of it bearing a resemblance to a certain incident.
Once again I'm contrite.

I bet they will announce Volcanion and the fact that it will be featured with Zygarde in Z. Volcanion could be the natural disaster???!!!

I bet they will announce Volcanion and the fact that it will be featured with Zygarde in Z. Volcanion could be the natural disaster???!!!

Unlikely. Deoxys is likely to be a one-off. I doubt we see another mythical pokemon made available. If Zygarde is to interact with another legendary, it would be Xerneas and/or Yveltal.

I think so too. This wait seems to be endless so the game should be something truly unexpected.
I'm starting to think we're gonna get Generation 7, and that it will also serve as Kalos sequels. Similar to how Generation 2 in Johto was a Kanto sequel. And they could always use the Zygarde story to make a plot-full post-game, if nothing else. Have a new region adjeacent to Kalos' southern border or whatever. Have new starters, other new Pokemon, new characters and locations, the lot. Like I said before, basically Kalos' version of Johto in a way. I mean, with all this time, it can't be a simple 3rd version. It's been too long. This is something bigger, and I think it feels like it's time for Generation 7. I think they could even make it a shorter Gen, similar to Generation 5. Then have Gen 8 on the next new handheld in a few years.

Though, since it's Coro Coro, I kinda doubt this now. They wouldn't announce a whole new gen on Coro coro. Maybe it is just some kind of third version(s). But there's gotta be something new and special about it to take this long.

Welp. Complete Zygarde being in the TCG somewhat tramples over the 'anime only' theory. An initial guess of mine was that it could have been one of the over-sized promotional cards like they have done in the the past, but it's in a deck, and I doubt they'd make an entire deck of giant cards.

Then there's Volcanion, who's still in the dark.

With this in mind and so much promotion for Zygarde happened/ing already, and a load of Zygarde merch releasing in March, I can't help but wonder if we'll see a "Z" game releasing in March/April to coincide with the merch.

Last edited:
With this in mind and so much promotion for Zygarde happened/ing already, and a load of Zygarde merch releasing in March, I can't help but wonder if we'll see a "Z" game releasing in March/April to coincide with the merch.
With Pokkén being released in March, the chance of another big release in that month is minuscule.

Zygarde is getting a special deck, which is minor comparison to a new set. To put a fine point on it, Zygrade is getting the same treatment as Mega Audino, which is getting its own deck at the same time. The fact that they chose Mega Alakazam over Complete Forme suggests that Zygarde won't get a game in Spring. Giratina and Kyurem's forms debuted in their own sets around the release of their respective games.

Last edited:
I just realized something... Yeah, the movie with all the legends in it had to be the Hoopa movie, obviously... But wouldn't it have been better for this upcoming year instead of this past summer? All the legendaries (or most of them) in one 20th anniversary movie? I can't imagine how movie 19 will possibly top that... I mean, unless they actually go for it and kill someone... *cough*Ash*cough*

I just realized something... Yeah, the movie with all the legends in it had to be the Hoopa movie, obviously... But wouldn't it have been better for this upcoming year instead of this past summer? All the legendaries (or most of them) in one 20th anniversary movie? I can't imagine how movie 19 will possibly top that... I mean, unless they actually go for it and kill someone... *cough*Ash*cough*

From a hype standpoint, maybe, though since Hoopa comes before Volcanion and ORAS was getting hyped for the movie via the Primals/Mega Rayquaza and the rings, they couldn't really shift it around from an advertising perspective.

Not going to happen but even if it did Xerneas would bring him back. The Hoopa movie didn't contain all legendary pokemon which is a good thing since it would make the screen time of the others even less.

As for Pokemon Z, the announcement is likely to be either next month on the 15th or early January/February. Not sure when we get the next movie news, whether it comes out in corocoro in December with/without the game or it is announced early 2016.

According to Joe Merrick and some Japanese fans a game may be coming around June similar to JP BW2 since there's no known Pokémon game being released in that time frame, and a proper transition to a likely Z era for the TCG could be accommodated ( note that XY10 remains BREAK-based as far as we can tell). It would also make more sense in regards to Worlds using ORAS -- as in the BW\BW2 situation in 2012.

It would also make more sense in regards to Worlds using ORAS -- as in the BW\BW2 situation in 2012.
Except that VGC 2012 had no choice but to use BW since B2W2 hadn't been released outside Japan yet. Any future main series game should have a worldwide release, give or take a week. It would be weird for a game released in June worldwide not to be promoted by Worlds two months later.

Any why would Complete Forme be used for a deck in March if the TCG were going to focus on it more heavily later?

Except that VGC 2012 had no choice but to use BW since B2W2 hadn't been released outside Japan yet. Any future main series game should have a worldwide release, give or take a week. It would be weird for a game released in June worldwide not to be promoted by Worlds two months later.

Any why would Complete Forme be used for a deck in March if the TCG were going to focus on it more heavily later?
Not sure but GF and TPC work in mysterious ways I guess, I think this year alone GF crushed a bunch of people's theories. I'm worried though, if GF goes for the obvious here then their game will get a heaping pile of Hype Backlash

According to Joe Merrick and some Japanese fans a game may be coming around June similar to JP BW2 since there's no known Pokémon game being released in that time frame, and a proper transition to a likely Z era for the TCG could be accommodated ( note that XY10 remains BREAK-based as far as we can tell). It would also make more sense in regards to Worlds using ORAS -- as in the BW\BW2 situation in 2012.

I assume you talking about the game being released in June 2016? Because an announcement at that time is unlikely to happen. December 15th is the one last chance for an announcement this year or we have to wait until January/February. Considering that a new movie isn't really "big news", I am guessing it maybe Pokemon Z or whatever it is called. However until the game is announced, I won't get hyped up until the actual news appears.

I assume you talking about the game being released in June 2016? Because an announcement at that time is unlikely to happen. December 15th is the one last chance for an announcement this year or we have to wait until January/February. Considering that a new movie isn't really "big news", I am guessing it maybe Pokemon Z or whatever it is called. However until the game is announced, I won't get hyped up until the actual news appears.
If Corocoro announces the next the next game I'd die if it released in June

I'd expect an earlier announcement if it's Gen VII, and a later announcement if it's a third version or sequel.

I think gen VII could come next for the surprise factor.

But a Z version is always the better option economically. They win millions by adding a few bits of content here and there and it sells very very well. Skipping this and going directly to a new region and game means wasting money. As simple as that.

Then again, they ARE taking too long for a simple third version game, so... my guess is a hybrid. A semi new game. Like BW2 in comparison to BW, but even more different. But GF are making too many steps in seemingly contrary ways, so I don't know. All three could be the winner option.

Last edited:
I've been away from the forums for a good while and I've just caught up on all the posts ^

I did watch the Direct as it happens, but I remained calm, and didn't get my hopes up high, which was a good idea. I am very very excited for the RBY Virtual console release, as I was just recently reminiscing over Gen 1, but not in a "I WANT A REMAKE NOW" kind of way, in a nostalgic respectable way, and I'm so glad this has come now. It's gonna be awesome to play on my 3DS!

I am in high hopes that Corocoro next month (as somewhat promised), will give us what we've all been waiting for, either a game reveal or just any kind of solid info that a game is definitely around the corner somewhere. Fairly overdue now I believe. Though, I am still expected to be in shock once we know what the game entails ect, I enjoy a good shocker. Um, not too sure how I feel about Pokémon Picross... it doesn't seem I will be playing that at all (I only started playing Shuffle cause I was seriously bored). The bigger picture of these games doesn't appeal to me whatsoever, there is no longevity to them.

Pokkén Tournament doesn't seem to be in the cards for me at all either right now, lack of playable characters (at least what we know so far, Tekken had AT LEAST 15/20 from the get-g0), including many unlockables. Also, PSMD & RBY virtual console are BOTH coming out in February for me here in Europe, which leaves me still to purchase a Wii U for Pokkén, which will likely not happen at all, because do they think I am some kind of cash cow lol, I work hard for my money, but I don't spend like I earn, I like to spend responsibly, so this decision is tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom