• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Corocoro announces the next the next game I'd die if it released in June
Makes two of us, as I was born in June and that would make the best birthday present since ever. But if GF were to decide to drop a new game in October or November, I'd be fine with that as well. It'd give me something to do over the long, cold Wisconsin winter.

I am hoping that this is a game announcement and not a "hey, new forme for this guy but we won't tell you where it's actually coming from!" like with Zygarde. If we get something like that, I don't want to see the fan reaction at all; I have a feeling it won't be all that positive. =/

Only time will tell. Apart from Zygarde forms, I am looking forward to seeing the plot and the post game. This may not be the traditional third version with just alterations at the climax. Pokemon Z could have some a lot more changes than previous third version games have had. New mega evolutions is likely and a new form/mega of Volcanion has a chance of happening. Maybe the Battle Maison would be upgraded into something cool.

I am very certain that the preview for the 19th Pokémon Movie (which will be shown in December) will indeed show Zygarde in it's Complete Forme, along with Volcanion making it's debut for the first time. But then the trailer will also tease something, kinda like what they did with Zoroark before it was revealed. Which means... a brand new Pokémon, then later on... the new Pokémon will be revealed sometime before February 27th. Then on February 27th, the successor to the Nintendo Direct (whatever it will be called by then), will be broadcasting a Pokémon themed broadcast-announcement.

During that broadcast, the person presenting the broadcast will reveal two brand new Pokémon games, exclusive for New Nintendo 3DS! These games are the seventh generation installments, celebrating the 20th anniversary and will be releasing worldwide during November 2016. So these games are named in a very similar fashion to Red and Green, along with their mascots being the Mega Evolutions of the new Fire and Grass type starters in the games, the theme of the new games is "simplicity" and it takes place two years before the events in X/Y in a new region close to Kalos, which is based off the southern half of the United Kingdom.

The whole game is in full stereoscopic 3D, it's not limited unlike in X/Y/OR/AS. The game utilizes a brand new type of mechanic, which is 3rd-person view! The entire game uses 3rd-person viewing angle, but can be switched to top-down viewing angle and back to 3rd-person view again using the ZR button. You can also move the camera around using the C-stick in any direction. Walking and running have now been merged into one thing: moving around with the Circle Pad and + Control Pad. The Circle Pad enables the player to walk slower or run, depending on how far the Circle Pad is moved. While the + Control Pad will only make the player run.

The graphics in the game are more improved compared to X/Y/OR/AS. The non-playable characters and player models are used for both outside battle and in-battle, while in X/Y/OR/AS they used separate models for outside battle (which were smaller) and separate ones for in-battle (which are taller), but in these two new seventh generation games... the models are just as tall as their X/Y/OR/AS in-battle counterparts. And as for the maps outside of battle, the movement is no longer based on permissions (unlike with previous games). It is now fully based on collision data, using polygon-like data. Which means things like rivers, beaches, non-walkable hills and cliffs are now curved and no longer blocky/square-like anymore.

Also, there are no longer any round pads below the Pokémon anymore during battle. They first appeared in Generation III, and OR/AS were the last games to have them. Having those round pads removed gives the battle a more realistic feel to it, instead... the ground matches with where you're standing outside of battle. Like for instance, if you or the opposing Pokémon is in the water near the beach, the ground will be covered in water and the background will resemble land and the distant ocean, giving it a beach-like feel to it.

Many new Mega Evolutions will be revealed in the games, alongside with some Pokémon capable with a brand new way of evolving called Sync Evolution, which involves using a brand new type of mechanic during battle. Also... the anime won't mention the word "Sync Evolution" with Ash's Greninja in the anime until well after the seventh generation games have been revealed on February 27th, possibly sometime during March or April.

So what's this "new type of mechanic during battle" you ask? Well it's called the "Power Gauge". As the Pokémon during battle use any kind of moves, it will increase the Power Gauge. Depending on what type of move is used, it will either greatly increase the Power Gauge or slightly increase it, and some moves will also decrease the player's Power Gauge or even your opponents' Power Gauge. As the Power Gauge builds up or decreases, it can enable new formes of Pokémon to be shown. Zygarde is one of those examples. If Zygarde's Power Gauge is at 0-49%, it will be in its 10% Forme, while 50-99% changes it to its 50% Forme, and when the gauge is at max (100%)... it will be in its Complete Forme. And if Zygarde is at 0-9% with it's Power Gauge, it can't attack until next turn (when it automatically builds it up, but will remain in it's 10% Forme). And even if a Pokémon doesn't attack, it will increase it's Power Gauge by only 10%. Every battle will start with every Pokémon's Power Gauge at 50%, and always will reset after the battle ends. Greninja's Sync Evolution only occurs when it's Power Gauge reaches 100%, while holding a special new item introduced into the new games. Moves like Hyper Beam, Hydro Cannon, Roar of Time, and others... will deplete the Power Gauge completely!

Another special feature that hasn't been seen since Generation II, is the ability to battle and trade with a previous generation game. In the new games, you'll be able to battle and trade between all of the sixth generation Pokémon games. But they will have their limits though. You can't use any Pokémon with new abilities, new moves, new Pokémon or new items. When battling with a player using a sixth generation game, there won't be a Power Gauge during battle (due to compatibility issues, once again). And also, Sync Evolution can't happen, due to no Power Gauge, but certain forme changes can still occur though, but only through the same way as the sixth generation games. And on that note, Zygarde can't use Thousand Arrows or Thousand Waves, since it's unable to change forme during a battle with a sixth generation game (despite the moves being already available in X/Y/OR/AS in it's code).

The game begins off in the new region, and unlike with the previous games... there are basically no boundaries to where you can go within the new region. So you can basically defeat any Gym Leader in any order you'd like, every area can be explored (but you can't use the bullet train to Couriway Town until after defeating the Pokémon League Champion). There are no story objectives required to explore every area (unlike in previous games), but you can complete optional objectives to unlock areas in the game (such as locations to optional Legendary or even Mythical Pokémon). The first segment of the story involves exploring around the new region and collecting the 8 Gym Badges of the new region, and with a vague encounter with the new villainous team in the game (after collecting about 7 Gym Badges). Then after collecting the 8th Gym Badge of the new region, you then head to the new Victory Road and the new Pokémon League of that region, which then involves the same old tradition of defeating the Elite Four members. And just like in Generation V and VI, you can battle them in any order you'd like. Then the player faces the Champion of the Pokémon League and after the Champion, the Pokémon are registered in the Hall of Fame. But unlike in the previous games, the credits don't roll at that point... but it does give you the option to save before returning back home. Then the second segment of the story involves going to the Kalos region via the bullet train (where the player gets off at Couriway Town), the player can either optionally collect the 8 Gym Badges in the Kalos region, face against the villainous team that is wreaking havoc across the new region as well as the Kalos region, or you can do both tasks at the same time. If the player is facing against the new villainous team during the second segment of the story, it will involve real boss battles against machines and other things, which have unique moves, unique abilities and special effects (which cannot happen with regular Pokémon, and can change their ability). They have much more HP and higher Defense than any Pokémon, but the good thing is... you'll send out 3 Pokémon into battle against the one machine. And then finally, at the near-end of the second segment of the story, you face against a brand new Legendary Pokémon in which has a really high catch rate (due to it's importance). Once you've caught the new Legendary, the player has to send a Pokémon to the PC if the player already has 6 Pokémon on the team, and then the Legendary will join you. Then after catching that Legendary, you'll be then facing against the final boss (which is some kind of ultimate-weapon-like thing). Then after defeating it, the ending occurs, then the credits roll.

These new games will explain all the events that end up leading up to the events in X/Y.

But all of what I've said is just pure speculation, it would be something that I'd like to see happen. Yes, it's possible it could happen. But we won't know until it happens.

Last edited:
I am very certain that the preview for the 19th Pokémon Movie (which will be shown in December) will indeed show Zygarde in it's Complete Forme, along with Volcanion making it's debut for the first time. But then the trailer will also tease something, kinda like what they did with Zoroark before it was revealed. Which means... a brand new Pokémon, then later on... the new Pokémon will be revealed sometime before February 27th. Then on February 27th, the successor to the Nintendo Direct (whatever it will be called by then), will be broadcasting a Pokémon themed broadcast-announcement.

During that broadcast, the person presenting the broadcast will reveal two brand new Pokémon games, exclusive for New Nintendo 3DS!

I stopped reading right there. Doing exclusively New 3DS games is equivalent to Blue and Yellow being exclusive to GameBoyColor, FireRed and LeafGreen being exlcusive to the Gameboy Advanced SP or Black and White being exclusive to the DSi. No. No. No. Why would any fan willingly spend an extra $200 just to buy a $40 game? And for the super fans, like me, who buy both versions, why would anyone want to shell out $280+? I don't know about other fans, but I only bought my 3DS XL for Pokémon X and Y. I never would've bought the 3DS line otherwise. And then I'd have to buy an entirely new 3DS for Generation 7 because the exclusivity makes my perfectly good, $200-worth hunk of metal obsolete? Yeah, I don't think so. GameFreak has never been that poor with their business decisions.

The most we'll get is a slight update in graphics if you play it on a N3DS, just like the SuperGameBoy and GameBoyColor gave RGBY color palettes, and the DSi gave BW2 some sharper graphics.

Edit: Dear God, why did I keep reading? Sync Evolution? We're not Yu-Gi-Oh... :unsure:

They did do a third-version system upgrade exclusive already, Crystal which could only be played on the GBC. Though I get what you're saying otherwise because I don't think Game Freak would do that now when the systems are more costly, and in that situation the GBC had been around for years and many fans probably had been using them to play Pokemon since Generation I, me included.

During that broadcast, the person presenting the broadcast will reveal two brand new Pokémon games, exclusive for New Nintendo 3DS! These games are the seventh generation installments, celebrating the 20th anniversary and will be releasing worldwide during November 2016. So these games are named in a very similar fashion to Red and Green, along with their mascots being the Mega Evolutions of the new Fire and Grass type starters in the games, the theme of the new games is "simplicity" and it takes place two years before the events in X/Y in a new region close to Kalos, which is based off the southern half of the United Kingdom.

I am not sure if next months corocoro is about the movie. On serebii, it said to be 'big news' next issue and a new movie is hardly big news but we may get movie news with a new game all together. Further note, why do you think gen 7 is coming? It is a small possibility but Zygarde has been getting some attention for a while and I don't think they have Zygarde as mascot of gen 7 games. New generation games usually have a pokemon of that gen as the mascot. Of course Game Freak can surprise us but I think that we have room for one more gen 6 game. As Volcanion, it could appear in December issue but we have to wait and see.

The whole game is in full stereoscopic 3D, it's not limited unlike in X/Y/OR/AS. The game utilizes a brand new type of mechanic, which is 3rd-person view! The entire game uses 3rd-person viewing angle, but can be switched to top-down viewing angle and back to 3rd-person view again using the ZR button. You can also move the camera around using the C-stick in any direction. Walking and running have now been merged into one thing: moving around with the Circle Pad and + Control Pad. The Circle Pad enables the player to walk slower or run, depending on how far the Circle Pad is moved. While the + Control Pad will only make the player run.

The graphics in the game are more improved compared to X/Y/OR/AS. The non-playable characters and player models are used for both outside battle and in-battle, while in X/Y/OR/AS they used separate models for outside battle (which were smaller) and separate ones for in-battle (which are taller), but in these two new seventh generation games... the models are just as tall as their X/Y/OR/AS in-battle counterparts. And as for the maps outside of battle, the movement is no longer based on permissions (unlike with previous games). It is now fully based on collision data, using polygon-like data. Which means things like rivers, beaches, non-walkable hills and cliffs are now curved and no longer blocky/square-like anymore.

Also, there are no longer any round pads below the Pokémon anymore during battle. They first appeared in Generation III, and OR/AS were the last games to have them. Having those round pads removed gives the battle a more realistic feel to it, instead... the ground matches with where you're standing outside of battle. Like for instance, if you or the opposing Pokémon is in the water near the beach, the ground will be covered in water and the background will resemble land and the distant ocean, giving it a beach-like feel to it.

Many new Mega Evolutions will be revealed in the games, alongside with some Pokémon capable with a brand new way of evolving called Sync Evolution, which involves using a brand new type of mechanic during battle. Also... the anime won't mention the word "Sync Evolution" with Ash's Greninja in the anime until well after the seventh generation games have been revealed on February 27th, possibly sometime during March or April.

So what's this "new type of mechanic during battle" you ask? Well it's called the "Power Gauge". As the Pokémon during battle use any kind of moves, it will increase the Power Gauge. Depending on what type of move is used, it will either greatly increase the Power Gauge or slightly increase it, and some moves will also decrease the player's Power Gauge or even your opponents' Power Gauge. As the Power Gauge builds up or decreases, it can enable new formes of Pokémon to be shown. Zygarde is one of those examples. If Zygarde's Power Gauge is at 0-49%, it will be in its 10% Forme, while 50-99% changes it to its 50% Forme, and when the gauge is at max (100%)... it will be in its Complete Forme. And if Zygarde is at 0-9% with it's Power Gauge, it can't attack until next turn (when it automatically builds it up, but will remain in it's 10% Forme). And even if a Pokémon doesn't attack, it will increase it's Power Gauge by only 10%. Every battle will start with every Pokémon's Power Gauge at 50%, and always will reset after the battle ends. Greninja's Sync Evolution only occurs when it's Power Gauge reaches 100%, while holding a special new item introduced into the new games. Moves like Hyper Beam, Hydro Cannon, Roar of Time, and others... will deplete the Power Gauge completely!

Another special feature that hasn't been seen since Generation II, is the ability to battle and trade with a previous generation game. In the new games, you'll be able to battle and trade between all of the sixth generation Pokémon games. But they will have their limits though. You can't use any Pokémon with new abilities, new moves, new Pokémon or new items. When battling with a player using a sixth generation game, there won't be a Power Gauge during battle (due to compatibility issues, once again). And also, Sync Evolution can't happen, due to no Power Gauge, but certain forme changes can still occur though, but only through the same way as the sixth generation games. And on that note, Zygarde can't use Thousand Arrows or Thousand Waves, since it's unable to change forme during a battle with a sixth generation game (despite the moves being already available in X/Y/OR/AS in it's code).

The game begins off in the new region, and unlike with the previous games... there are basically no boundaries to where you can go within the new region. So you can basically defeat any Gym Leader in any order you'd like, every area can be explored (but you can't use the bullet train to Couriway Town until after defeating the Pokémon League Champion). There are no story objectives required to explore every area (unlike in previous games), but you can complete optional objectives to unlock areas in the game (such as locations to optional Legendary or even Mythical Pokémon). The first segment of the story involves exploring around the new region and collecting the 8 Gym Badges of the new region, and with a vague encounter with the new villainous team in the game (after collecting about 7 Gym Badges). Then after collecting the 8th Gym Badge of the new region, you then head to the new Victory Road and the new Pokémon League of that region, which then involves the same old tradition of defeating the Elite Four members. And just like in Generation V and VI, you can battle them in any order you'd like. Then the player faces the Champion of the Pokémon League and after the Champion, the Pokémon are registered in the Hall of Fame. But unlike in the previous games, the credits don't roll at that point... but it does give you the option to save before returning back home. Then the second segment of the story involves going to the Kalos region via the bullet train (where the player gets off at Couriway Town), the player can either optionally collect the 8 Gym Badges in the Kalos region, face against the villainous team that is wreaking havoc across the new region as well as the Kalos region, or you can do both tasks at the same time. If the player is facing against the new villainous team during the second segment of the story, it will involve real boss battles against machines and other things, which have unique moves, unique abilities and special effects (which cannot happen with regular Pokémon, and can change their ability). They have much more HP and higher Defense than any Pokémon, but the good thing is... you'll send out 3 Pokémon into battle against the one machine. And then finally, at the near-end of the second segment of the story, you face against a brand new Legendary Pokémon in which has a really high catch rate (due to it's importance). Once you've caught the new Legendary, the player has to send a Pokémon to the PC if the player already has 6 Pokémon on the team, and then the Legendary will join you. Then after catching that Legendary, you'll be then facing against the final boss (which is some kind of ultimate-weapon-like thing). Then after defeating it, the ending occurs, then the credits roll.

These new games will explain all the events that end up leading up to the events in X/Y.

But all of what I've said is just pure speculation, it would be something that I'd like to see happen. Yes, it's possible it could happen. But we won't know until it happens.
You definitely mixed your expectations with their plans. I mean you predicted so many new features that you might guess one or two, but I really doubt it.

PD: Sync evolution? Isn't Mega Evolution enough? Isn't Zygarde's new method of evolution (plus Greninja) already a bit over the top? Pokemon is close to loosing it's essence of simplicity (which is key to Pokemon) but it would definitely surpass the line with yet an other evolution method!

^Yeah, Primal, Megas and Ash-Greninja are already a lot. What you're asking for is too much introduction for a game when we're still in the same Gen and the other games didn't have that. (Just face it, we're still going to get a Gen VI game.) It was hard enough for ORAS and XY to interact with new forms and Megas. I know you said Gen VII games, but Zygarde and Volcanion justs confirms another Gen VI. If there isn't another Gen VI game, it would be the stupidest thing GF would have done.

To me, the inclusion of all known Pokemon between XY and ORAS and the strict separation of their official online metagames means we'll get another 6th gen game with 50 to 70 new Pokemon and Megas. I pretty sure that is what we'll get.

To me, the inclusion of all known Pokemon between XY and ORAS and the strict separation of their official online metagames means we'll get another 6th gen game with 50 to 70 new Pokemon and Megas. I pretty sure that is what we'll get.

I don't know about that. Why have brand new pokemon in Pokemon Z if gen 7 would come after it? Wouldn't it be more easier to save new pokemon for gen 7? It is true that we can get all non-event pokemon between XY and ORAS but it doesn't automatically mean that we are getting new pokemon in Z or getting gen 7 instead. They might even make another mythical pokemon obtainable in Z so we have something new to trade over to the other games. New mega evolutions is a likely possibility. Do I expect new pokemon in Z? No but maybe Game Freak can surprise us.

I kinda wish they would just leave it all out and go to gen 7. I'm fairly confident that they won't and Zygarde needs its time in the limelight, but personally, I'm not very keen on Kalos unless it gets lots of additional areas like BW2 or at least an aesthetic touch-up.

I kinda wish they would just leave it all out and go to gen 7. I'm fairly confident that they won't and Zygarde needs its time in the limelight, but personally, I'm not very keen on Kalos unless it gets lots of additional areas like BW2 or at least an aesthetic touch-up.
Same, I really don't feel like anything they add to Kalos will make it THAT much better to reinforce a purchase, unless there really is another half of the region we don't know about!

Yes please. Or at least make the post game a bit more vivid. After the Looker missions, the region is a bit to dull imo. I mean, having my rival-friends standing in one place for all eternity - doing nothing - is really boring. I don't mean that they have to roam Kalos from that moment on (although I do think that's a cool idea), but at least give them something to do. (Shauna standing in front of my house day and night is really creepy)

I would really love to see that. I'm loving some of the new Megas from ORAS--love my Mega Gallade--but I want some from the other Gens as well. The fact that we got Mega Audino gave me a lot of hope that we'll see at least a couple of Gen V megas before we move on to the next Region; I really want that to happen.
I don't mind Kalos, as it had potential but I really want something done with that story. To me, it was as if they tried way too hard to shove a lot of epic things in there and we got a bit of a mess. I'm still confused as to how the Kalos war started up and how Kalos and Unova have a prior relationship. If GF could clear some of that up, it would be great.

Or maybe we'll get really lucky and they'll expand on the postgame. Like we'll get a Hoenn-style Battle Frontier. (If that's included, great. If not, at least give us a few more Ribbons at the Battle Maison: I'd like to have more than two...)

I noticed in XY that there are statues of Reshiram and Zekrom at Parfum Palace. It probably means nothing but I wonder if Z would have those two pokemon in the game. Probably not since we can get them in ORAS games but it would be cool. We probably just get Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Xerneas and Yveltal along with Zygarde for Pokemon Z. I wonder if we would get an interactive/gift shiny pokemon in Z? HGSS had Gyarados and B2W2 has Haxorus, Dratini and Gible. Probably not either as we can get shiny pokemon a lot easier in gen 6 games. Anyway, whatever Z brings for us is fine by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom