• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...since the Gen 1 games are coming to the Virtual Console...does that mean no Gen 1 Remakes (at least not anytime soon)?

Hmmm...since the Gen 1 games are coming to the Virtual Console...does that mean no Gen 1 Remakes (at least not anytime soon)?
I'm thinking not, as it would be a bit redundant to have the originals on the Virtual Console then have remade physical copies/eShop releases to buy separately. Even for GF that wouldn't make a lot of sense! :X3:

I do hope that this does not mean that they are done with remakes. I'd like a remake of Gen V so it can be brought in the Mega-verse; I'm thinking it could be pretty awesome.

Now if only we can hold out until December, so we can get that "big news" CoroCoro promised...

Pretty likely. With Kanto appearing in Gen 1, 2, 3 and 4 plus RBY appearing on the virtual console, it would seem that Kanto remakes are out of the question for now. However that does not mean they won't reappear again. They may have sequels or remakes in the future.

My message on December 12th:
"It looks to me like history is repeating itself. The exact same thing that happened with Pocket Monsters Platinum when it was revealed in Japan in 2008 in CoroCoro. Something tells me that the new games will be revealed in CoroCoro in December... or so we thought.

Wait... is that a brand new Pokémon? I thought we were getting new Pokémon games, and yet... all they reveal is a NEW Pokémon for the 19th Movie?! I was expecting more than that, oh well... I'm sure that does indicate a brand new generation on the horizon sometime in 2016. But just as I thought, no Pokémon Z, Pokémon X2/Y2, Pokémon ZX/ZY or even Pokémon ZA/ZB. But hey, at least we've got our first glimpse at the brand new Pokémon in it's Japanese name, as well as Volcanion."

Last edited:
"It looks to me like history is repeating itself. The exact same thing that happened with Pocket Monsters Platinum when it was revealed in Japan in 2008 in CoroCoro. Something tells me that the new games will be revealed in CoroCoro in December... or so we thought.

Wait... is that a brand new Pokémon? I thought we were getting new Pokémon games, and yet... all they reveal is a NEW Pokémon for the 19th Movie?! I was expecting more than that, oh well... I'm sure that does indicate a brand new generation on the horizon sometime in 2016. But just as I thought, no Pokémon Z, Pokémon X2/Y2, Pokémon ZX/ZY or even Pokémon ZA/ZB. But hey, at least we've got our first glimpse at the brand new Pokémon in it's Japanese name, as well as Volcanion."

I got so excited to read your post and to think there was a new Pokémon revealed, but that's not true. Wth are you talking about!? Lol!

I got so excited to read your post and to think there was a new Pokémon revealed, but that's not true. Wth are you talking about!? Lol!
Yeah, I'm a bit confused as well. I've read the post several times and I'm still scratching my head.

Oh well, we'll know for sure in December. But man, that wait is killing me. C'mon CoroCoro....!

Maybe for the postgame GF could implement a random or semi-random dungeon or two that change every day and you could clear for experience and prizes with mostly random pokemon from past generations.

Last edited:

Platinum didn't reveal any new Pokemon, just new formes. Not sure how "new games revealed in CoroCoro" progressed into "new Pokemon reveal."

What do you mean? There is no new pokemon. Only Zygarde's forms were revealed along with AshGreninja. Gen 7 is likely to be in 2017. Gen 6 isn't quite finished just yet. Pokemon Z is likely to happen consider the current anime series in Japan being played is XY&Z series. The Z in it is obviously a indicator of Pokemon Z. Of course we might get surprise with a different title for the game but I am just going to call it Z for now. There was nothing to indicate gen 7.

Yeah, I'm a bit confused as well. I've read the post several times and I'm still scratching my head.

Oh well, we'll know for sure in December. But man, that wait is killing me. C'mon CoroCoro....!

Platinum didn't reveal any new Pokemon, just new formes. Not sure how "new games revealed in CoroCoro" progressed into "new Pokemon reveal."

What do you mean? There is no new pokemon. Only Zygarde's forms were revealed along with AshGreninja. Gen 7 is likely to be in 2017. Gen 6 isn't quite finished just yet. Pokemon Z is likely to happen consider the current anime series in Japan being played is XY&Z series. The Z in it is obviously a indicator of Pokemon Z. Of course we might get surprise with a different title for the game but I am just going to call it Z for now. There was nothing to indicate gen 7.
I'm surprised that you all didn't notice "My message on December 12th:" at the top of my post. In other words, I was just clearly speculating what my most recent post will be like on December 12th. And when I said "Looks like history is repeating itself as what it did with Platinum", I also said in there "or so we thought...". In other words meaning that I was hoping for a new game reveal, like what they did with Platinum, but it didn't happen at all on December 12th. And therefore, the new Pokémon that I was surprised about, had never even happened in CoroCoro before, except for silhouettes.

I'm sorry if I make it sound very difficult for you all to understand what my speculative post was going on about.

Last edited:
I think I want the Battle Frontier to return in Z. If not, I will cry and sob while cradling my Lucy plush (which I don't have yet, so I wish someone made me one :<)

I think I want the Battle Frontier to return in Z. If not, I will cry and sob while cradling my Lucy plush (which I don't have yet, so I wish someone made me one :<)

ORAS pretty much ruled out any possibility of a Battle Frontier. We just going to get the Battle Maison for the third time in a row. As for Volcanion's reveal, it could happen but it doesn't seem to 'big news' that corocoro talked about.

ORAS pretty much ruled out any possibility of a Battle Frontier. We just going to get the Battle Maison for the third time in a row. As for Volcanion's reveal, it could happen but it doesn't seem to 'big news' that corocoro talked about.
Game Freak better not do that. They didn't even bother to change the rosters in ORAS, and some of the Trainer classes only had their XY appearances in there. I can at least understand doing it in ORAS since Hoenn had Constests and Secret Bases, but Kalos has no bonus features whatsoever that aren't available in ORAS. Game Freak better give us something new for Pokémon Z's post-game, add a side feature (which Kalos currently lacks), at the very least change the roaster for the Battle Masion.

If they don't do either of those, then it's clear that they care more about competing with smartphones than they do about the quality of their games.

but Kalos has no bonus features whatsoever that aren't available in ORAS.
customization, Battle Chateau, Friend Safari.

If they don't do either of those, then it's clear that they care more about competing with smartphones than they do about the quality of their games.
if you can't compete and bring in $$$, it doesn't matter how good your game is.

customization, Battle Chateau, Friend Safari.

Touche. But by "side-feature", I meant things like Contests, Secret Bases, Pokéathlon, PokéStar Studios, and other things of that nature. Super Training and Amie don't count since ORAS also has those things. XY could only get away with the lack of stuff due to it being a new generation, while Pokémon Z can't since it is presumably the last Gen. 6 game.

if you can't compete and bring in $$$, it doesn't matter how good your game is.

So you're saying that all video game companies are going to make unappealing clones like Call of Duty for now on (not hating on CoD, just saying that fanboys will continue to let it be milked as a half-built mess)? Unfortunately, I can actually believe that because fanboys will always buy into whatever crap the companies spit out at them. :(

If you think those three things are examples of post-game material? Because they are not. The only one explicitly available after the main game is the safari. Which is a poor excuse for post game content just like everything else in the Kalos region currently. And don't dare bring up Looker.

I feel like GF purposely left all meaningful post game content out just so they could shove all of it into the last generation 6 game(s). Unless they add in brand new species of pokemon which is unlikely, not impossible, then the only marketable material would be new forms/megas, story content changes, and the inclusion of something like the battle frontier. I feel like they'll more than likely use the dungeon idea posted a while ago rather then the BF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom