• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just remember CoroCoro haven't announced a new game since Platinum in 2008.

Don't build your expectations up too much. After Complete Zygarde's initial reveal, people have done nothing but build announcements/events (Worlds, anyone?) and then felt majorly let down when it isn't what they wanted to hear.

I'd love it if they did drop a new game/s announcement on us, but y'know...cautious optimism.

The next pair of Pokémon games of our current generation won't be revealed until next year. What if those pair of new games are called "Pokémon Omega Ruby 2 and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire 2" or "Pokémon Omega Ruby Z and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Z"? It would be nice to see a cross-over between a remake and a sequel. Now that's something no one has ever speculated about, eh?

But like I said, CoroCoro will never reveal a main series title (the only time they did, was with Platinum back in 2008). If we're lucky, they might reveal the final name of that Detective Pikachu game and some screenshots of it.

There's been no confirmation that Pokémon GO! connects to Pokémon Bank. We'll have to see how the Pokémon can be transferred from Pokémon GO! to other games.

Interquels between ORAS and XY would be insanely great, but the story and in game world building would suffer because Kalos would have to be as is from XY due to being before, not after.
m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=188530706
I guess that would have been something mesy to mention, good thing its been noted only just now in the last few hours. Not dead set on a game reveal, but eeeeeeh, if its gotta do with the game, it cant be Zygarde unless....

The interesting thing, though, is that in the note last month, they used ポケットモンスター rather than ポケモン. Typically the latter is used for spin-offs, merch, movie, anime etc. (despite the latter two using the full name) which is why this raises an eyebrow since the first is typically used to describe main series stuff.

Pokemon Blueish Yellowish Crystalline Emerald and Platinum made Gray Z Version. And the mascot is Dunsparce because wynaut? (If you do not understand the obvious sarcasm here you have some issues)

Is Volcanion getting a new form?
one or two? for diffrent abilities?

If no new game comes out until the next VGC, then... I doubt the game would be Z. I mean... a Z game does not take 2 years to make. Yes, Platinum released two years after DP but I doubt they would do that now.

Last edited:
VGC 16 will be a shit show with Mega Rayquaza lmao what are they thinking... "Oh they think Kangaskhan is overpowered... guess we should chuck something even stronger into the mix!" D:

Oh well. I won't be competing so I can just watch the streams in horror.

one would oriented more with fire and one with water.
Or make it levitate?
It'd be weird, at least for me, that Volcanion gets two new forms type based. Its niche is being a non official living steam volcano (being serious, it is being unique with the Fire/Water type).
Idk about the Volcanion new form ability. GF decides it.

The next pair of Pokémon games of our current generation won't be revealed until next year. What if those pair of new games are called "Pokémon Omega Ruby 2 and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire 2" or "Pokémon Omega Ruby Z and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Z"? It would be nice to see a cross-over between a remake and a sequel. Now that's something no one has ever speculated about, eh?

Absolutely not. The first Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire were enough. I want Kalos to be by itself or with a new region that is connected to it. It is only fitting to have the gen end with the Kalos region.

Absolutely not. The first Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire were enough. I want Kalos to be by itself or with a new region that is connected to it. It is only fitting to have the gen end with the Kalos region.
I agree with you. Now that I see it, Kalos was... lacking. Post game only had 3 legends to catch, Battle Maison, and Looker. They need to refine it, and the story was really shallow. I understand it's made for little kids but kids these days understand more (or so I think).
Now, if GF make a Z version, they need to remake the story because just putting Zygarde forms in XY and having the two legends doesn't make much sense. And normally third versions have a deeper background, like DP vs Platinum. But idk I think GF will surprise the fandom with something different than Z

The interesting thing, though, is that in the note last month, they used ポケットモンスター rather than ポケモン. Typically the latter is used for spin-offs, merch, movie, anime etc. (despite the latter two using the full name) which is why this raises an eyebrow since the first is typically used to describe main series stuff.
I searched it on google translate and the former(ポケットモンスター) just translates to "poket monsters" and the latter (ポケモン) to "pokemon". So, really, both of them have the exact same meaning.

I hope that people will stop denying the now twice confirmed fact that VGC 2016 will use ORAS instead of any new game. I see no reason for this if a main series announcement were going to happen this month.
Black 2 was released in June, right before the 2012 championships, there is precedent. Thse events take months of qualification rounds, nationals and planning ahead of the main event, its illogical to assume or use the usage of last years metagame as evidence against new games this spring. There would be maybe what, 2-3 montha between release and the VGCs? That would be madness.
If no new game comes out until the next VGC, then... I doubt the game would be Z. I mean... a Z game does not take 2 years to make. Yes, Platinum released two years after DP but I doubt they would do that now.
Actually we're past the 2 year mark from XY, and are gonna be a good 16-17 months away from ORAS. Assuming they had the game in the backburner since the beginning, it could potentially be the longest developed 3rd version iteration.

I searched it on google translate and the former(ポケットモンスター) just translates to "poket monsters" and the latter (ポケモン) to "pokemon". So, really, both of them have the exact same meaning.
Semantics is a fickle bitch, but yeah that's the important bit. Pocket Monsters iirc is usually reserved for the main titles when referenced(ie Pocket Monsters X Pocket Monsters Y) but the Anime, manga and movies are all labelled with Pokemon(ie Pokemon XY, Pokemon XY the Movie 3, Pokemon Special). Im have been reserved in mentioning this all day, I simply have no interest in speculating anymore, but if it dawned on me earlier and not from someone else mentioning it, Ibwould have been much more optimistic and open to a game announcement. Kinda am now, but I just can't muster any hype.

Black 2 was released in June, right before the 2012 championships, there is precedent.
As I've pointed out many times, B2W2 were only released in October outside Japan. Not only that, but they barely affected the metagame, since Mega Evolution wasn't a thing yet. B2W2 wouldn't have changed VGC 2012 by much, whereas new Mega Evolutions not being promoted by VGC 2016 would stick out like a sore thumb.

Thse events take months of qualification rounds, nationals and planning ahead of the main event, its illogical to assume or use the usage of last years metagame as evidence against new games this spring. There would be maybe what, 2-3 montha between release and the VGCs? That would be madness.
You mean like with Platinum, HGSS and BW outside Japan? Not to mention Pokkén's console release, which is definitely relevant to VGC 2016. All cases involved a March release (Pokkén will even be released later than that outside Japan), and your logic is shaky if you're assuming that Game Freak couldn't meet the March deadline this time around. VGC is obviously important to them and they should have planned accordingly.

I doubt Pokken is going to make VGC this year, unless its been confirmed somehow. As for the examples you have posted, the usual March release those titles had is much more feasible then the hypothetical April-May release the game(s) could have if revealed this week. If a March release was on the table yes, it would be dubious. A month or so makes the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom