• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Zygarde should not be on an app or spin-off only. It deserves its own game. If Kalos appears as a second region in gen 7 then it is going to be muck up like GSC and HGSS with their double region.
You can keep saying that Z is coming, but that doesn't make it true. Open your mind.

Gen II's post-game was that big. Exploring all of Kanto and getting all of its badges and having a little story to boot. There's precedent.
The difference is that Satoshi Tajiri was the director then. Masuda was even asked about a secondary region in XY and said that the series had moved on from that kind of post-game content.

Let's not forget that the Strange Souvenir specifically mentions a region that is faraway from Kalos. I don't see why that would be the case if the two regions were connected.

You can keep saying that Z is coming, but that doesn't make it true. Open your mind.

You're not referring to me, are you? Because I haven't said that once. I just think it's possible that they could include a little Zygarde in a potential Gen VII post-game similar to Gen II's inclusion of Mewtwo and such.

Your suggestion is plausible, but I simply think that the games would have lost potential if not given a bit more meat than recent Gen-starting pairs.

And I didn't know about the previous director. That's a shame.

But regarding the Strange Souvenir, sure it's possible that it was referencing Gen VII, but that isn't a solid fact. Reasonable, yes. But not set in stone. Could be another future setting for a game, a side region/archipelago, or what have you. Gen VII? Sure, but I wouldn't assume it to be fact.

Last edited:
You're not referring to me, are you?
I quoted Alexander.

I just think it's possible that they could include a little Zygarde in a potential Gen VII post-game similar to Gen II's inclusion of Mewtwo and such.
I just don't see why Zygarde getting an event means that Kalos as a whole has to be included. If there is a second Zygarde in the games as implied by the anime, then its habitat may be another region.

Your suggestion is plausible, but I simply think that the games would have lost potential if not given a bit more meat than recent Gen-starting pairs.
The games can be given more meat without Kalos. Remember that the Zygarde anime promotion is coming to a close in March; if they want to make the most of it, they should use it for a spin-off game or app, as I don't see any main series release happening before September.

@Silktree Alexander quote isn't popping up on my screen. But alright, thanks for clearing that up.

And it doesn't mean that Kalos has to be included, I just see it as fantastic potential (and a lot of lost potential if Kalos is done with). But if Masuda is really against that kind of inclusion, then I would drop that bet. By games, I meant specifically the main pair for starting the gen.

I feel ready for Generation VII, but at the same time slightly disappointed that Kalos didn't get fully fleshed out and reach its potential.

Oh well.

Gen VII hype train, here I come.

I think its 3 things at this point for February.
-Eternal Floette. 2016 was hinted to with one word by the head of marketing: Flowers. Focusing in it would fit that.
-Jirachi. Why hide and ingnore it unless they have plans for it and Hoenn.
-A gen 7 mon. I am reluctant,
but if gen 7 is gonna happen, its gonna happen. Its GFs franchise, they feel its time, then I accept it.

I... don't get why are you guys saying that gen 7 is next. They can still annouce "Z" out of the blue like oras. And besides, didn't masuda said himself they're going to warp up x and y's plotline in an "intersting" way?

To be fair, Z wouldn't be "interesting" at all. Just like most Generations. Interesting would be a spin-off thing like @Silktree suggested, or doing it some other way to make room for Gen VII.

But hey, it could still be Z. Z with stuff regarding Eternal Floette, Zygarde, etc. That's cool too.

They can still annouce "Z" out of the blue like oras. And besides, didn't masuda said himself they're going to warp up x and y's plotline in an "intersting" way?
He also said that Z would be predictable, but you are ignoring that.

They don't have to release another Kalos main series game to wrap up the lore.

You need to look at the bigger picture and how they are handling all these reveals. Zygarde's form being in the initial movie teaser (typically it would have just been Zygarde, had they done their usual routine, not its form), then the forms revealed without a game announcement, then the XY&Z anime starting with no game to coincide and also hints that the merchandise for Zygarde's forms will release in March. They also stated pretty explicitly on the Western sites that the forms were "anime news" which was telling. Now we're three months later from the forms reveals with no game and now an early Volcanion reveal. The fact is they didn't have to play it like this if a game was coming for Z.

It just makes very little sense to focus on all this stuff so much earlier than when a new Kalos game reveals. I said it back when the forms were revealed without a game but with an anime series, that people should be willing to consider other options than "Z" because the way they were handling it made very little sense in relation to there ever been a Z. (And I know Silktree was backing that idea long before I cottoned on to it back in September.)

Honestly I'm fine with moving onto Gen VII if that is what they are planning. Yeah, Kalos might have benefited from a return to iron out some of its problems, but with the amount people have argued over Kalos since not just XY released but this past year I think I'd prefer somewhere completely new for us all rather than more opportunities to argue.

February's movie news should be interesting at the very least anyway. I don't see any reason why they would reserve Eternal Floette for that announcment, when that's far less exciting than Volcanion and so would have made more sense to be the earlier reveal, especially as we know it exists from XY's story.

Also Volcanion's art looks really good :D

Take a look at my quoted post from yesterday, it predicted what was going to happen today. And it's become a reality already!

See? I told you Volcanion would be revealed in CoroCoro now, didn't I? And I stated what it would reveal at it's best, and what it would reveal at it's worst, and it was in the middle... just as I expected it was going to be.

As for the Detective Pikachu game, it's safe to say that it has been quietly cancelled. Who knows? Maybe Unseen64 might uncover it at some stage in the future and talk about it years in the future.
Let's see... the games that were revealed in the past have used various different announcements, they have used the same announcement twice at various times.

• Pocket Monsters Platinum was announced in CoroCoro, not long before Shaymin's Sky Forme was revealed in 2008.
  • Pocket Monsters HeartGold and Pocket Monsters SoulSilver were announced on Pokémon Sunday on Q2 of 2009.
  • Pocket Monsters Black and Pocket Monsters White were announced on the official Japanese Pokémon website, a few days before Pokémon Sunday showed it in 2010. Back then, it just showed the names and the checkered background, no starters or even any screenshots were shown until Pokémon Sunday.
  • Pocket Monsters Black 2 and Pocket Monsters White 2 were hinted by Junichi Masuda when someone asked about "sequels" (which made us all think it was going to be "Gray"). Then it was revealed on Pokémon Smash! in January, a week after in 2012.
  • Pokémon X and Pokémon Y were announced in a Pokémon themed Nintendo Direct called "Pokémon Direct" in January 2013.
  • Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire were announced out-of-the-blue on every official Pokémon website, including the English one, after an investors meeting with Junichi Masuda.

If I'm going to speculate (which I already have many times before), it's not impossible for a "Pokémon Z" to be announced late in Zygarde's promotion. Only problem is, we wouldn't be surprised about it, unless it was revealed out-of-the-blue on the official Pokémon website (which is likely to happen again, just when we've given up hope on a new game). Thing is, we're very unlikely to hear anything about a new game in CoroCoro. Anything that is said to be "big news" around this time would be anything about the 19th Pokémon Movie. So they're likely to reveal Volcanion and the plot of the 19th Pokémon Movie. At the best, they could reveal the final name of the Detective Pikachu game and the screenshots of it. And at the worst, we could be just receiving "Sceptile in Pokkén Tournament" announcement in CoroCoro (which was already announced about a day ago).

So... we'll see what the leaks show tomorrow, but I can guarantee you that it won't be anything really exciting.

I'm just curious, what would you do if it turned out that seventh generation was revealed instead of a "Z"? What would you do if it turned out that seventh generation had two regions, with one of them being Kalos (in the same way as GSC/HGSS did)?

You need to look at the bigger picture and how they are handling all these reveals. Zygarde's form being in the initial movie teaser (typically it would have just been Zygarde, had they done their usual routine, not its form), then the forms revealed without a game announcement, then the XY&Z anime starting with no game to coincide and also hints that the merchandise for Zygarde's forms will release in March. They also stated pretty explicitly on the Western sites that the forms were "anime news" which was telling. Now we're three months later from the forms reveals with no game and now an early Volcanion reveal. The fact is they didn't have to play it like this if a game was coming for Z.

It just makes very little sense to focus on all this stuff so much earlier than when a new Kalos game reveals. I said it back when the forms were revealed without a game but with an anime series, that people should be willing to consider other options than "Z" because the way they were handling it made very little sense in relation to there ever been a Z. (And I know Silktree was backing that idea long before I cottoned on to it back in September.)

Honestly I'm fine with moving onto Gen VII if that is what they are planning. Yeah, Kalos might have benefited from a return to iron out some of its problems, but with the amount people have argued over Kalos since not just XY released but this past year I think I'd prefer somewhere completely new for us all rather than more opportunities to argue.

February's movie news should be interesting at the very least anyway. I don't see any reason why they would reserve Eternal Floette for that announcment, when that's far less exciting than Volcanion and so would have made more sense to be the earlier reveal, especially as we know it exists from XY's story.

Well, they still need to explain zygarde's lore with xerneas and yveltal, don't they?

@Platinum Lucario; A few people thought it would be Volcanion. It's not really anything to brag about, it isn't like you predicted the lottery numbers :p

Edit: Looking at Volcanion's art next to its in-game screenshot it's sad how washed out the colours of the Gen VI models are. I knew it was bad but I didn't realise it was that bad. Volcanion is supposed to be a much darker red according to its art, instead it looks a much paler red in the games. :/

I can now see them releasing a 3DS App similar to the ORAS Demo, with a Zygarde plot and a way to get Volcanion. From there it can be transferred to the Gen6 games while also unlocking something in the following games, since Gen7 is almost certainly on 3DS or N3DS.

Looking at Volcanion's art next to its in-game screenshot it's sad how washed out the colours of the Gen VI models are. I knew it was bad but I didn't realise it was that bad. Volcanion is supposed to be a much darker red according to its art, instead it looks a much paler red in the games. :/
UGH volcanion's sugimori art is amazing!!!! Zeb, thank you for bringing this up. Though the terribly faded colors were fixed in the overworked of ORAS, all the character models of the pokemon in the 3DS generation have been tragic, pale, and off-putting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom