• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said over in the CoroCoro thread, it's very likely that Volcanion being announced this close to 2016 means that 2016 will be the year a generation (6) ends, not when it (7) starts.

Both Arceus and Genesect before Volcanion were announced the same year as the final games of their generation were released (HG & SS, BW2 respectively).

Z or whatever it is, is coming in 2016. Generation 7 is coming in 2017. I'm sure of it now.
Dude, have you not read the past couple of pages of this thread? Patterns are null and void, logic has been abandoned, people are losing it. It's the lack of info, man. We gotta have our fix, ya know?

Also, only a sith deals in absolutes.

I think XY lacks post game content, but it doesn't lack that much content.

It needs more than just post game content. It needs more optional areas (including an entire post game section), more extra content and features (Kalos doesn't have any kind of extra feature on the same level as Contests, Secret Bases, Join Avenue, Pokestar Studios, etc.), more battle facilities, and drastic improvements to the storyline. That's more than enough to warrant making a new game.

More Optional areas: not necessary, imo. It has Kiloude, anyway. And Azure Bay is optional...
A side game: it has PR Studio, so, an other one isn't obligatory I think
More Battle Facilities: it already got Maison, Restaurants, Institute and Chateau. I don't know how many Facilities do you expect xD
A storyline improvement: yes, absolutely true.

More Optional areas: not necessary, imo. It has Kiloude, anyway. And Azure Bay is optional...
More Battle Facilities: it already got Maison, Restaurants, Institute and Chateau. I don't know how many Facilities do you expect xD
A storyline improvement: yes, absolutely true.

I was thinking that Lugia could be found in Azure Bay. It could be found after capturing Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres but that sounds a bit restricted. Post game could be an episode that involves a mythical pokemon, Hoopa/Volcanion perhaps? The Chateau could be upgraded so that trainers use a full team and not a limited amount.

I was thinking that Lugia could be found in Azure Bay. It could be found after capturing Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres but that sounds a bit restricted. Post game could be an episode that involves a mythical pokemon, Hoopa/Volcanion perhaps? The Chateau could be upgraded so that trainers use a full team and not a limited amount.

The Chateau could upgrade to a World Tournament.

The Chateau could upgrade to a World Tournament.

Like the one in Gen 5? I didn't like that one because it replaced gym leader rematches which was something I enjoyed. I didn't like my team having their levels match with gym leaders and champions. I also didn't like not getting experience points but got battle points. Also a world tournament takes a lot of work to do.

Like the one in Gen 5? I didn't like that one because it replaced gym leader rematches which was something I enjoyed. I didn't like my team having their levels match with gym leaders and champions. I also didn't like not getting experience points but got battle points. Also a world tournament takes a lot of work to do.
I understand, but most people like it.

Well, Volcanion will be officially announced through CoroCoro, and will star in the next movie. Details about its distribution will be released at a later date. This just proves that Gen VI isn't finished. Also, there has been an image with Ash-Greninja on a TCG card. Only half of the card is in view, and it has the moves Shuriken Dance and Ninja Blade. See here for more details. I believe it is legit.
http://www.pokebeach.com/2015/12/ash...ed-in-corocoro

It's still 2015 last I checked. The February reveals are what counts when it comes to big movie news; Volcanion being revealed now means that there is something bigger than it coming.

My bet's on this as well; I think we'll be seeing something big in February. Whether it's a new Zygarde form for the movie, or something from Gen VII remains to be seen. HYPE

Imagine: a Gen VII Pokemon revealed in Feb CoroCoro, then in a 20th Anniversary Direct that gives more details on the VC releases, they announce Gen VII for late 2016 release. It'd be glorious.

Imagine: a Gen VII Pokemon revealed in Feb CoroCoro, then in a 20th Anniversary Direct that gives more details on the VC releases, they announce Gen VII for late 2016 release. It'd be glorious.

No, it wouldn't be glorious. Gen 7 should not come when Zygarde needs a main series game for it to be the main focus on. Z or whatever would happen before gen 7 games would be introduced.

Dude, have you not read the past couple of pages of this thread? Patterns are null and void, logic has been abandoned, people are losing it. It's the lack of info, man. We gotta have our fix, ya know?

It's because I have read the past couple of pages, actually. ;) I think all of these meltdowns about them foregoing patterns are exactly that. People are losing it because we had a gap year for the first time in forever. But even Black 2/White 2 were originally supposed to be Gray Version. Nintendo just didn't want to shell out money for two identical games whose only difference were those wirelessly transmitted difficulty keys no one ended up caring about, so GameFreak was forced to do something else and therefore made sequels. The one time GameFreak broke their pattern was because they had no other choice, not because they wanted to do something groundbreaking.

So I'm pretty sure the patterns will hold true, as they have throughout generation 6 up to now.

The reason we had sequels for Gen V is because Black and White have more differences than most main series games (e.g. Black City and White Forest) so a Gray wouldn't work as easily.

No, it wouldn't be glorious. Gen 7 should not come when Zygarde needs a main series game for it to be the main focus on. Z or whatever would happen before gen 7 games would be introduced.

Zygarde doesn't NEED anything.

That's pretty pathetic for a Pokemon game. Most regions have multiple side areas and several routes and cities that can be explored in post game. Kalos is far below average in that regard.

Still doesn't measure up to the ones I mentioned, there aren't really any goals or quests to it, you just make a video and that's that. They need to add side features that have a sense of depth to them for the content to feel satisfying.

More Battle Facilities: it already got Maison, Restaurants, Institute and Chateau. I don't know how many Facilities do you expect xD.

How about something that isn't a generic facility and has some kind of unique twist or rule?

Need? You mistake want for need.

Zygarde has had months of promotion & teasing this year, is getting TGC cards & merchandise early next year, and its the main focus of the XY&Z arc. Its forms are getting covered within the anime as well. Does it really need to be the focus of a game/s as well? That's for Game Freak to decide.

My bet's on this as well; I think we'll be seeing something big in February. Whether it's a new Zygarde form for the movie, or something from Gen VII remains to be seen. HYPE

Volcanion is going to be revealed in two days! Why would they leave it this late to start Gen VII? What would be the point of that?

Zygarde has had months of promotion & teasing this year, is getting TGC cards & merchandise early next year, and its the main focus of the XY&Z arc. Its forms are getting covered within the anime as well. Does it really need to be the focus of a game/s as well? That's for Game Freak to decide.

It would be pretty stupid not to. Why would they give it this promotion if it serves no purpose? They are hyping Zygarde up for the games, not for the sake of promoting it.

Zygarde doesn't NEED anything.

Oh yes it does. Zygarde BST in XY is 600 while Xerneas and Yveltal are 680. A game with it's form is needed for it to be strong as or stronger than them.

No I haven't. Zygarde is weaker than Xerneas and Yveltal. It is considered the third member like Rayquaza, Giratina and Kyurem. So of course it needs a game to be the main focus on.

Volcanion is going to be revealed in two days! Why would they leave it this late to start Gen VII? What would be the point of that.
If Generation VII is released next year, it will take at least 9 months from now, if not a full year. What's wrong with revealing Volcanion now? They're still getting it out of the way so that they can reveal something else in February.

Let's not forget that movies rely on event Pokémon. It makes sense to leave the last event Pokémon for the final movie.

They are hyping Zygarde up for the games, not for the sake of promoting it.
That doesn't mean that it has to be a version mascot. It could get a spin-off game or an app in early 2016, and later become usable in Generation VII.

Again, the Zygarde promotion seems to be coming to a close in March and there is no sign of a main series release in the first half of 2016. That is not how they should promote a version mascot.

Last edited:
That doesn't mean that it has to be a version mascot. It could get a spin-off game or an app in early 2016, and later become usable in Generation VII.

Again, the Zygarde promotion seems to be closing to a close in March and there is no sign of a main series release in the first half of 2016. That is not how they should promote a version mascot.

Zygarde will be the version mascot. There is no way it would remain only in spin-off games or on a app. We not getting gen 7 until 2017 at the latest.

It would be pretty stupid not to. Why would they give it this promotion if it serves no purpose? They are hyping Zygarde up for the games, not for the sake of promoting it.

It's possible that they are giving Zygarde this focus because it's not starring in the film/getting its own game. Giving it a great amount of attention in other formats besides the film & games allows Game Freak to give those places to Pokemon who need revealing, such as Volcanion, and potential early reveals from Gen VII. It also ensures that Zyarde isn't left out - it will have its time to shine. Maybe not as big as some may have liked, but it won't have been left out completely. It also gives Zygarde closure. Its dex entries raised a lot of questions, and the fact they've stated its Complete Form is stronger than Xerneas & Yveltal just adds to that. Giving Zygarde a role like this allows GF to promote him & keep room free for projects that may have a higher precedence for them.

Besides, how can they promote for a game they haven't even announced? It makes no sense to build up hype for something they may not even be making. You can't deny that Zygarde's hype would have been much bigger if its game/s had been announced alongside its forms.

Oh yes it does. Zygarde BST in XY is 600 while Xerneas and Yveltal are 680. A game with it's form is needed for it to be strong as or stronger than them.

No I haven't. Zygarde is weaker than Xerneas and Yveltal. It is considered the third member like Rayquaza, Giratina and Kyurem. So of course it needs a game to be the main focus on.

I understand all your points, and they are all valid, but...I don't see why they need to repeat an old formula for Zygarde. It works, sure, but if they are wanting to move on from Gen VI then I really don't think something like Zygarde's BST is going to stop them from pushing ahead. As I pointed out in response to the quote above, giving Zygarde precedence in other media still allows them to move onward and showcase Zygarde and its forms at the same time. It's also allowed them to give Team Flare spotlight as antagonists, and tie the Specials & Anime together in a grand way.

As for gameplay purposes, the forms (along with Ash-Greninja) could easily be slid into games that aren't focused on Zygarde. Would it be cheap? Certainly. But it'd work for their purposes if they didn't want to make another Gen VI game for whatever reason.

It kinda does have to be a version mascot. What we know about Zygarde establishes it as a protector of the Kalos region that keeps Xerneas and Yveltal in check, so it needs to play some kind of major role in Kalos' plot. And for the last time, promoting it solely through a spinoff or app makes absolutely no sense, they've never done that before and they have no reason to start now, least of all with a mascot Pokemon that they can use to promote a main series game.

You're really grasping at straws trying to justify skipping to 7th gen, the fact of the matter that there's too much unfinished and no hurry to move onto a new generation with the NX still a year off. They can easily come out with the third game in 2016 and shift to 7th gen in 2017 after the NX comes out.

It's possible that they are giving Zygarde this focus because it's not starring in the film/getting its own game. Giving it a great amount of attention in other formats besides the film & games allows Game Freak to give those places to Pokemon who need revealing, such as Volcanion, and potential early reveals from Gen VII. It also ensures that Zyarde isn't left out - it will have its time to shine. Maybe not as big as some may have liked, but it won't have been left out completely. It also gives Zygarde closure. Its dex entries raised a lot of questions, and the fact they've stated its Complete Form is stronger than Xerneas & Yveltal just adds to that. Giving Zygarde a role like this allows GF to promote him & keep room free for projects that may have a higher precedence for them.

Giving Zygarde a token form in other media isn't closure, it needs focus in a game for that otherwise it's being treated as an afterthought. Besides, there's still some unanswered questions behind Zygarde, such as the exact nature of its relationship with Xerneas and Yvetal and its connection to Kalos' ecosystem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom