• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me or is Volcanion getting more hype compared to his other two counterparts?Granted that could just be because he's the final Gen 6 Pokémon but maybe TPC has big plans for him.

I think it has gotten more hype than Diancie, but less than Hoopa. Hoopa was extremely hyped, then as soon as it was distributed and the movie aired, the hype went dead. Volcanion has sparked more opinions on a Gen VI game announcement, where as Hoopa didn't.

I think it has gotten more hype than Diancie, but less than Hoopa. Hoopa was extremely hyped, then as soon as it was distributed and the movie aired, the hype went dead. Volcanion has sparked more opinions on a Gen VI game announcement, where as Hoopa didn't.
I do have a theory regarding Volcanion but it's a tad outlandish but could be cool if it's done well

I'm not surprised that there was no game reveal in Corocoro, and there likely won't be a reveal for the rest of this month. Maybe even through next month too. It doesn't make sense to announce a brand new set of games when PSMD and Yo-Kai Watch were just released. It would just hinder the sales of both of those games.

I'm not surprised that there was no game reveal in Corocoro, and there likely won't be a reveal for the rest of this month. Maybe even through next month too. It doesn't make sense to announce a brand new set of games when PSMD and Yo-Kai Watch were just released. It would just hinder the sales of both of those games.

Good point, but those games aren't owned by GF, so that's a Nintendo matter. An announcement though wouldn't hurt sales. Only a release would.

I do have a theory regarding Volcanion but it's a tad outlandish but could be cool if it's done well

What's this theory?

Who cares about Yo-Kai Watch? I certainly don't. I just care about the next main series game. The game announcement has no specific date so it can come at any time.

I doubt Zygarde would be cameo. It is too good of a pokemon to not be in the movie.

As for AZ's Floette, it isn't going to be in the movie because it is not as important as Zygarde and it is not vital to the movie.

Oh, so you know the plot of the movie? Are you Satoshi Tajiri, and have unlimited access to anything and everything Pokémon? Please, share with us your unlimited wisdom.

Also, considering AZ's Floette is the reason Mega Evolution exists and has an entire plotline surrounding it, not to mention you get far more lore for it than you ever did Zygarde in-game, are you sure you wanna play the "it's not as important as Zygarde" card?

Is it just me or did we suddenly fall for the Gray trap all over again? If we did, this will change your mind:

"Fans assumed after the release of Pokémon Black and White that we’d see something like a Pokémon Grey. And after Pokémon X and Y, fans were expecting something like a Pokémon Z. Will we no longer see those type of Pokémon games in the future? Extensions of already released Pokémon titles?

Masuda: For the Pokémon brand, and for Game Freak, our first and foremost goal and top priority with these titles is to always surprise and excite our fans. I’m not going to say we won’t ever do those things again, but we consider the timing and what would be the most surprising or exciting for fans at the time. Everyone was really expecting Grey, so it was exciting to come up with something fans really didn’t expect."

We've been dissecting that quote for the past two years. It could either be taken literally as "there will be an unpredictable next installment" or as "well, we gave you OR/AS after X/Y because Z would be too predictable, but you'll get it soon enough". Next argument, please? And this time, make it fresh.

Hmmmmmm here's an interesting note. Volcanion was officially announced and it's on the ORAS site. I'm not quite sure what it means, but if Volcanion was gonna b set up for Z whatever I would think they'd make a special page on the normal site until the games reveal. Could this mean that they are just gonna release it on ORAS then I guess?

And could it be, that Volcanion will be distributed on ORAS, and the 2016 WC will be held on ORAS just prove that the next gen VI game will come later than usual, maybe due to a delay, or whatever? What if the next game is a gen VI game, but just comes out later?

I mean, we are just assuming that the aforementioned hints mean gen VI is over, but could it mean that GF are just releasing the games later?

An ORAS only distrubution would be effing wild, that would support the idea that there is a Kalos game even more, you would expect the ladt Mythical of Kalos to be obtainable in Kalos. But if it is an ORAS event first, then it also confirms something is coming afterwards. Much like Hoopa and Diance having events in the Fall, I can see the other star being an event then for the new games, with Volcanion earlier, much like Shiny Rayquaza. I mean much like Japan, we're getting promises of news on it "soon", unlike Hoopa where they said nothing and stayed quiet on it till the summer.

Last edited:
Or maybe ORAS + Z?

A wild thought pattern:
If Volcanion has something to do with the next gen games, maybe the next region is based on Iceland or New Zealand - Steam eruption and its fire/water typing -> hot springs and geysirs. "Flowers" hint given earlier + hot springs, I vote for New Zealand possibility.
(not sure if speculated earlier though, can't keep track of every thread and post haha)

Last edited:
I doubt Zygarde would be cameo. It is too good of a pokemon to not be in the movie.

As for AZ's Floette, it isn't going to be in the movie because it is not as important as Zygarde and it is not vital to the movie.
Eternal Floette is the most likely canidate other then an older Pokemon at this point, even if you don't consider it vital yourself. AZ has not been featured in the Anime yet, and I can see them having his debut and story somethinf for the movie. With the usage of Zygarde in the Anime adaptation of the Team Flare plot and the obvious parallels of it being the equivalent of the ultimate weapon, I wonder if there are drastic changes to that portion of the plot, and AZ and his Floette get something a bit different.

They first trailer for the upcoming movie will be shown on Oha Suta on Thursday . So hopefully it answers some questions

Volcanion will see distribution for OR/AS, and possibly X/Y. VGC 2016's format announcement basically confirms this.

Incidentally, the first movie trailer will be shown on Thursday on Oha Suta. If Zygarde is in the movie, then it'll likely appear in the trailer with Volcanion.

Isn't it lovely to have a whole bunch of forms (possibly a new in-game mechanism for temporary evolution, along with mechanisms for Zygarde's new forms), and an event reveal lying around still without a hint of a game.
These are reasons I can be borderline patient with the possibilities that could come with a third Kalos game. The events going up to June for ORAS doesn't bother me, if a new game comes before the fall, won't places outside of Japan get the option of receiving Volcanion on the potential new game then? Since mythical Pokémon get given out here in the fall, months after it came out with the movie in Japan?

If Volcanion gets distributed to ORAS, or XY amd ORAS... then how idoes this reinforce the idea of an other Kalos game? It could easily mean the generation is over and that's why they aren't saving Volcanion for Z?

There is no reason why they would distribute Volcanion before the movie if the generation were going to last until 2017, especially as such a move is likely to hurt the movie's ticket sales.

There is no reason why they would distribute Volcanion before the movie if the generation were going to last until 2017, especially as such a move is likely to hurt the movie's ticket sales.

Ok, but we can't predict the games according movie patterns, because games are more important than movies, and I doubt they plan game releases according to movies. And you are saying how patterns don't mean a thing, but you are using movie patterns here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom