• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, but we can't predict the games according movie patterns, because games are more important than movies, and I doubt they plan game releases according to movies. And you are saying how patterns don't mean a thing, but you are using movie patterns here...
Who's using patterns? It's called common sense. What reason do they have to distribute Volcanion ahead of the movie if the generation still has two years left in it?

Who's using patterns? It's called common sense. What reason do they have to distribute Volcanion ahead of the movie if the generation still has two years left in it?

And what reason do they have to skip an other gen VI release? They would lose money...

That's amusing because neither Eternal Floette nor an old legendary are good reasons to reveal Volcanion first.
If its something like Mega Mew, yes it is. As for Eternal Floette, the reasoning could simply be that the focus is on it and not Volcanion.

the length of a generation is irrelevant. what is relevant is how many games/pairs are released.
No. Profitability is measured by sales per year, rather than per generation. If the gap between the biggest games are made smaller, then obviously Game Freak will earn more money.

That tired argument is getting old. They would be making more money by sticking to three-year generations from now on.
Except it would limit their creation time. Having to come up with brand new ideas for regions and Pokemon every 3 instead of 4 years, would mean having to come up with more new stuff more often. With third versions/ sequels, they win an extra year of brainstorming. Also, the production cost of those games is much smaller.

I am not saying gen VI will continue, I just can't understand why not?

Last edited:
If Volcanion gets distributed to ORAS, or XY amd ORAS... then how idoes this reinforce the idea of an other Kalos game? It could easily mean the generation is over and that's why they aren't saving Volcanion for Z?

That's kind of the point: it doesn't enforce the idea of another Gen VI title.

Except it would limit their creation time. Having to come up with brand new ideas for regions and Pokemon every 3 instead of 4 years, would mean having to come up with more new stuff more often. With third versions/ sequels, they win an extra year of brainstorming. Also, the production cost of those games is much smaller.
Even for a new generation, the production costs are negligible compared to the sales. As for the "extra year of brainstorming", there are plenty of companies that release brand new games within 3 years. XY took three years and I don't think that any of their faults are due to lack of brainstorming.

Even for a new generation, the production costs are negligible compared to the sales. As for the "extra year of brainstorming", there are plenty of companies that release brand new games within 3 years. XY took three years and I don't think that any of their faults are due to lack of brainstorming.
In that case, they could've just released Z this year, instead of leaving it empty.

No. Profitability is measured by sales per year, rather than per generation. If the gap between the biggest games are made smaller, then obviously Game Freak will earn more money.
since each release within a generation uses the same engine as the first game, more games can be made at lower costs, increasing the profit margin. that is the primary reason for the existence of the third versions: they still sell really well and they cost even less to make.

also Gen IV was a four-year generation with three games and it sold better per annum than Gen V, a three-year generation with two games (Generation IV sold 9.66 million copies per year, Generation V sold 7.85). Generation III also sold better than three-year Generation V with ~8.5 million copies per year.

Mitchman said the opposite, iirc.
I did. You mentioned it being an ORAS event, and I speculated that perhaps its only ORAS. If XY does get the event, yes then U agree its a point against another gen 6 release.

We've been dissecting that quote for the past two years. It could either be taken literally as "there will be an unpredictable next installment" or as "well, we gave you OR/AS after X/Y because Z would be too predictable, but you'll get it soon enough". Next argument, please? And this time, make it fresh.

You're referring to a different interview. The context of this quote is complete and absolutely means that just as Gray was something the fans expected, Z would be too.

Oh, so you know the plot of the movie? Are you Satoshi Tajiri, and have unlimited access to anything and everything Pokémon? Please, share with us your unlimited wisdom.

Also, considering AZ's Floette is the reason Mega Evolution exists and has an entire plotline surrounding it, not to mention you get far more lore for it than you ever did Zygarde in-game, are you sure you wanna play the "it's not as important as Zygarde" card?

I never said nor implied that I know the movie plot. AZ's Floette never created mega evolutions. The first mega evolution was Rayquaza in ORAS but in XY it was AZ who was responsible for mega evolution in Kalos.

Eternal Floette is the most likely canidate other then an older Pokemon at this point, even if you don't consider it vital yourself. AZ has not been featured in the Anime yet, and I can see them having his debut and story somethinf for the movie. With the usage of Zygarde in the Anime adaptation of the Team Flare plot and the obvious parallels of it being the equivalent of the ultimate weapon, I wonder if there are drastic changes to that portion of the plot, and AZ and his Floette get something a bit different.

No it really isn't. Zygarde is more likely and Volcanion has been confirmed. Eternal Floette can be in the tv show for all I care.

I don't know what to tell you. Even if I agree with your counterargument, I can't believe we got to a level where the rational mindset is to distrust what people say.
i wouldn't say distrust, so much as not taking so much stock into it. that is to say that saying Z can't happen because of this interview is a bit silly. all this interview really tells us is that GameFreak either tried not to make it a Z or didn't want a Z (but may have ended up with Z). you can replace Z with whatever you want for the title of the third game as well. at the end of the day though, we still don't know what's next but with all that has been coming up in the anime surrounding Zygarde, i think it's a bit foolish to eliminate the third-game/Z just because of this interview.

i wouldn't say distrust, so much as not taking so much stock into it. that is to say that saying Z can't happen because of this interview is a bit silly. all this interview really tells us is that GameFreak either tried not to make it a Z or didn't want a Z (but may have ended up with Z). you can replace Z with whatever you want for the title of the third game as well. at the end of the day though, we still don't know what's next but with all that has been coming up in the anime surrounding Zygarde, i think it's a bit foolish to eliminate the third-game/Z just because of this interview.

Notice that all I've been saying is that the title wouldn't be Z and the supposed game would be more individual than a typical third version. Don't really know why anyone would argue against this. I imagine this post means you're more open to it?

Who cares about Yo-Kai Watch? I certainly don't. I just care about the next main series game. The game announcement has no specific date so it can come at any time.

Uhm, I'm sure Nintendo does, with the fact that it's generated over 4 million in total sales in Japan.

Anyway, as brought forth by Mr. Jaydee, that doesn't really matter, since it's a Nintendo issue and not a GameFreak issue.

In all honesty by this point I don't really care what comes next for Generation VI or beyond, as long as we get an announcement within the next quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom